Airsoft Ohio Forums  

Go Back   Home > Airsoft Ohio Forums > Blogs

Tech Tips & Guides Guides and tips on airsoft upgrading and repairs.
Old

oh yeah, upgrades!

Posted 12-24-2011 at 08:54 AM by astonerock
with tax season fast approaching and my rifle becoming longer ( m4 with 509mm barrel ), i have decided to go ahead and push over 400. since this will be a dmr, obviously certain restrictions will now apply, as in semi auto only. im getting a guarder sp120 tune up kit. this should put me right around 430-440. i was going to just upgrade the cylinder set, but i dont believe ill achieve any higher fps thru it. any ways, once i start my upgrades i will be keeping a video log, as well as a written log...
Views 6016 Comments 3 astonerock is offline Edit Tags
Old
Rating: 4 votes, 4.75 average.

Panda's Guide to Being a "Frontline Medic"

Posted 11-24-2011 at 09:49 PM by Panda
Updated 11-08-2012 at 06:56 PM by Panda
IF YOU GET BUTTHURT BECAUSE YOU THINK MEDICS SHOULD STAY IN A BUILDING IN THE BACK, DON'T READ AND DON'T COMMENT IF IT IS NEGATIVE.

Anywho, onto the info!!

Experience: 9 events (4 milsims, 5 open plays) as a frontline medic.

Why: Some people want to be a medic, but not want to be confined to being what I call a "field hospital medic." If you wish to be a "frontline medic", that is, one who is up on the front lines healing casualties...
Views 19781 Comments 26 Panda is offline Edit Tags
Old

Milsim Philosophy - Overview

Posted 03-23-2011 at 02:17 PM by Oscar (Oscar's Blog)
Updated 03-28-2011 at 05:55 PM by Oscar (Changed the title.)
This is going to be the first in a series of posts about milsim philosophy.

Let's break the two words down into their components.

Milsim - Is an abbreviation for military simulation. The general definition, as it applies to airsoft, is simulating the real military as close as possible. What is the goal of military simulation airsoft?

Philosophy - The word "philosophy" comes from the Greek word philosophia, which literally means "love...
Views 4821 Comments 3 Oscar is offline Edit Tags
Old

mortar idea

Posted 01-29-2011 at 07:14 PM by storm401
i know most of these have been shot down for very good reasons but mine is a little different. my idea is for a mortar that uses your run of the mill m203 shells to fire either plain old bbs, a foam ball, or nerf "pocket rocket" ( google it) there would be no issue of a home made pressure system and there would be little difference between the mortar and a M203 or other 40mm launcher used for AP or AT purposes. you could argue whats the point of this? well in my mind its to add to battle...
Views 7904 Comments 14 storm401 is offline Edit Tags
Old

Amateur GBB Guide.

Posted 12-08-2010 at 03:13 PM by Ultheran
Updated 12-10-2010 at 02:58 PM by Ultheran
This is my first Guide so bare with me .
This guide is for new players who may be purchasing a Gas blow back pistol or a reminder to all who have and abuse there airsoft guns.

This guide will go over how to operate a Gas Blow Back Pistol. And how to maintain it and care for it.

AIRSOFT REPLICA GUIDE LINES:

These are a couple guide lines I follow when handling any kind of fire arm or Airsoft replica.

1: Always handle them...
Views 7889 Comments 4 Ultheran is offline Edit Tags