Airsoft Ohio Forums  

Go Back   Home > Airsoft Ohio Forums > Blogs > Panda

Rating: 4 votes, 5.00 average.

My dream airsoft event...

Posted 07-29-2011 at 10:44 PM by Panda
Updated 11-06-2013 at 07:08 PM by Panda
Humor me in this post. I will take constructive criticism, but downright saying this idea is terrible is uncalled for.

Although the field of choice for this would be Springfield, any field would do. I just like Springfield for it's massive size.

Onto the idea:

PANDA'S PERFECT GAME (catchy, am I right, haters?)

Side 1: US Army.
Accepted Patterns: Multicam or ACU. Nothing else.

They must be armed with US issue weapons (M4's, M16's, SAW's, M14's, etc...). I will not get into specifics about ROF restrictions, amount of ammo allowed to be carried, and the like, simply because I don't care. Mid caps only, I like the realism (SAW's are exception). Gear doesn't matter, but it would be preferred to have a plate carrier or something similar. Head gear must be similar to that used by US forces. I'm going for a current US Army look for this side.

Ideally, you will look something like this:

Side 2: The OpFor
Accepted patterns: None. Must be dressed in civilian/middle eastern clothing. I'm going for an OpFor/Taliban look here.

Accepted guns are pretty much anything used in the middle east. Primarily, this will mean AK variants, but there have been G3's, Dragunov's, WWII Brownings, SMLE's, pistols of all kinds, and just about every other gun they can get their hands on. Please keep the gun
as bare as possible, to replicate what they could realistically get their hands on. Gear is recommended to be a static chest rig or a belt system, similar to what would be used by Iraqis. This doesn't include MOLLE gear.

I'm going for this look:

Continuing on...

Scenario: OpFor fighters that have been grouping up for a huge attack have advanced into US territory. The United States reacts by deploying US Army units from their nearby airbase to push the OpFor fighters out. What they were not expecting was an all out war and a fight for survival.

US Goal: Hold as much as possible.
OpFor Goal: Take as much as possible.

Medic rules: both teams employ my proprietary medic system. Everyone gets one piece of bandage. When hit for the first time, they call out and get the bandage tied to their arm. If it again, they must walk back to base, have the CO untie it for them, and wait for the next 5 minute interval to be redeployed.

Eating must be done on the field, no going to the parking lot. you can retreat to the base to eat, but that's up to personal opinion. Reloading must be done at base, no reloading in the field. You must leave all of your reloading materials in the base. If caught reloading by a ref, you will be "killed" and sent to base.

This event can go all day, all day and into the night, go overnight and into the day, or go 48 hours. Not for the faint of heart. This is combat. Shoot to kill, try to survive.
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 18899 Comments 44 Edit Tags Email Blog Entry
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 44

Comments

1. Old
    Didn't Irene do this? But still, I really like the idea of getting away from Tan/Green.
  2. Old
    Thats sounds like fun!
  3. Old
    Loosen up the requirements for the army uniforms. Well just go under the general term of US forces and maybe separate them into:
    Marines-marpat, Despat
    army-acu, multicam
    specops (invite only)-solid od, 3 color desert, woodland

each divison of the team will have there own objectives.
    And instead of having the US be on the defensive have it so that they are fighting an insurgency that hides amungst a civilian population.

Oh and maybe have a small specops unit that is disguised ask local milita or civilians that feed info and perform clandestine ops for the US forces.

You also need to set more rules for the opfor.
    Updated 08-01-2011 at 11:31 PM by cj93
  4. Old
    You must accept PCUs as acceptable dress for the Army. Can't forget about the Rangers.

As for other US Military stuff (Aside from what others listed), Marpat, Arid Marpat (Its NOT called Despat), AOR1/2, flight suits, and finally, combat oriented cuts of Real Tree.

Also, you're forgetting about MP5s, MP7s, SCARs, various bolt guns, and the Milkor (6 shot 40mm).

You need to do some research, son
    Updated 08-01-2011 at 11:55 PM by Italian
  5. Old
    If this does happen ill either be insurgent or Marine, whichever needs more people.
  6. Old
    Could I use my MK46? I think it would be cool to do a scenario where the US Army has to hold some sort of base, kind of like in the Movie RESTREPO where they are attacked everyday by insurgents. I think that some of the troops should go on patrol around the field and ask local civilians about Taliban and if they know of any in the area. These are just ideas based off of the movie I listed above. It may not be fun to ask civilians about Taliban and patrol but it is realism. It would be cool to see organizers but this into action (maybe you guys at Springfield) and maybe take Milsim to a different meaning. If this ever happens you can count me in as long as I can use my MK46.
    Updated 08-02-2011 at 07:38 AM by Koala
  7. Old
    It's funny...I see in some of the comments here a scenario I had thought up some time ago but abandoned as unworkable.

A small group of players representing US personnel in some fictitious country. These players would have to respond to a number of challenges, some of which wouldn't necessarily involve heavy 'trigger time.'

Example? Training up locals for service in this fictitious country's national army. Conducting civil affairs missions with the populace to win 'hearts and minds.' Patrols/reconnaissance missions. Searching for arms caches. And so on.

All the missions, however, affected the end game of the scenario, which was to capture some local warlord or insurgent leader. Did you put sufficient effort into training your section of locals? You'd have backup for the final objective. Did you do civil affairs work properly? You'd get additional intelligence from concerned villagers that could help with the final objective ('don't go down that road. I saw men planting mines there.' 'Be watchful approaching that hill near the village...there is a large gun manned by three men at the top watching over the village on the top of the hill.' And so on).

Players would have to put effort into the non combat missions. You simply couldn't throw a baggie of Monopoly money at a local elder and say “ok, we're allies now.' That type of behavior would be met with cold stares and disgust.

Of course there would be trigger time. It's airsoft! There would be attacks on the primary base...perhaps inconveniently while the players were trying to train up their local recruits. Maybe they'd be ambushed or take indirect fire while on patrol or meeting with the locals. Maybe smaller direct action missions leading up to the end scenario to find intelligence materials.

As I thought it all out, though, I realized it was unworkable. I'd need a ton of roleplayers (insurgents, the members of the new national army for this made up country, local officials, US command structure, etc, etc)...and I'd need a player base that would be willing to do missions that might not always involve run and gun. That, and this 'scenario' in my head was starting to more closely resemble a training mission for the actual military and less an airsoft event. People aren't looking for something that 'serious.'

Best of luck with your idea. Don't allow yourself to get discouraged, and be patient as you try to implement it.
  8. Old
    Koala, Yes, you could use a Mk46 as it is basically a modded, updated, and miuch better version of the 249 SAW.
    Updated 08-03-2011 at 12:11 AM by Italian
  9. Old
    Actually, I have a really good idea. One force could be the so-called "special forces", but they will be providing recon only. It will be volunteer/invite only, since they won't get much trigger time and have to be committed. I don't like the idea of clandestine ops and a civilian population since it makes it complicated.

@cj93: OpFor has basically no rules for realism. Terrorists don't have rules of engagements.

@Italian: Search "US Army Soldier" and tell me how many SCAR's, MP7's, Bolt action rifles, AOR-1 wearers, and Marines show up. You do YOUR research, OLD MAN

@Koala: Yes, the Mk. 46 would be allowed since it is in use by the US Army.

Keep it coming, guys. I've loving this discussion!! It will take a big person to implement this game, seeing as I'm only 14. I'm not sure how many of you would take orders from a teenage Asian.... Although I would want to be leading one of the forces.
  10. Old
    yeah, I would have to say, I would definatly go to an event like this ecspecialy if it is a continuos 48hour event, Also being a hadji is always fun :-). As long as you keep the "Terrorist" impressions pretty simple I think it will work out pretty good, Keeping it to civilian clothes with chest rigs and belts.
    Also maybe a few "IEDs" and other booby traps set up for the US forces to keep them vigilant ;-).
  11. Old
    Exactly. Insurgents don't have 5.11 Tactical pants, Crye Precision Combat Shirts, and EI plate carriers. They are lucky if half of them have glorious Soviet surplus supplies.

@ Teddy Bear: How do you think a Thunder B grenade jerry rigged with duck tape and fishing line would do for an improvised landmine?
  12. Old
    @ Panda, I think Italian is talking about the Army Rangers which is also why I asked about my MK46 so you do your research!!!!!! Some rangers do use the SCAR variants and wear the AOR1 so yup.
  13. Old
    Panda by rules for the opfor i meant respawn and medic rules.
  14. Old
    Panda, I was talking US Military in general. One branch of our military fighting the whole war would be unrealistic.
  15. Old
    @cj93: It's the same for both sides. I thought I listed that in there. If not, I'm sorry if I didn't.

@Italian: for a single battle? I'm sure if the Army wanted to, they could handle some OpFor that took a city. When I said, all out war, I meant that these OpFor were organized, and not some drunk hadji's doing target practice on some UCP/MC. It still doesn't dictate need for the Marines, SEAL's, and the CIA ....

@Koala: I said all US Issue weapons are ok, so you do YOUR RESEARCH!!!!!!!!
  16. Old
    Italian, cool it on the useless knowledge.
  17. Old
    Italian, your method of handling a small battle with MARSOC, Rangers, Green Berets, SEAL's, and Santa Clause worries me. Definitely not CO material for this event.

I'm tight on what stuff you guys use because I want it to be like what the US Army and insurgents would use. Not every guy straight out of BCT gets AOR-1 and SCAR's. Nothing is "standard issued" to insurgents. They get what they can off the streets, and no, driving to Airsoft Arms doesn't count as living off the streets. I mean what could you realistically get if you lived in a house made of twigs and mud raising livestock. You don't see akbal with an AK-104 accessorized with an EO Tech, Magpul MOE stock, and a MOLLE plate carrier, complete with the "Death to America" morale patch..

This is why we can't have nice things!!!
  18. Old
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Timnis
    Italian, cool it on the useless knowledge.
    I do have too much of that. Did you know that sharks have the equivalent of two penis'?
  19. Old
    @Panda: I think you should do your research, we said to not leave out the Army Rangers and the stuff they use like AOR1. We also listed weapons not to be left out like the SCAR and many, many others. You said nothing should be accepted besides ACU and Multiscum when they do use other things like AOR1. There are also many other weapons that you did not list in your opening that are used, so you sir need to research. That is all.
  20. Old
    Seals use AOR1/2. Some even have custom made Real Tree stuff.

Rangers currently use CP Multicam, while they used to use ACU and Alpha Green PCU.

Both of you, do your research.