Airsoft Ohio Forums  

Go Back   Home > Airsoft Ohio Forums > Blogs > Ogdru

Rate this Entry

Update on My Decision to Become a Pararescueman

Posted 08-24-2010 at 11:35 PM by Ogdru
Updated 03-28-2011 at 06:59 PM by Ogdru
Last time I posted anything to my blog about this was over 9 months ago, so I decided to do a bit of a update.

I've been working very hard towards my goal of participating in some of the toughest training the military has to offer. It's been alot of ups and downs but I feel like I've stuck with it and it's really starting to pay off. I've been working towards the PAST (Physical Ability and Stamina Test) listed below. I've also had to drop my weight down the acceptable level (186lbs) for my height.

1. Underwater swim: 25 Meters 1 breath (Pass/Fail) - 5 min rest
2. Surface swim: 1000 Meters 26 minute max time - 30 min rest
3. Run: 1.5 miles 10:30 max time - 15-30 min rest
4. Chin ups: 8 in 1 minute - 3 min rest
5. Sit ups: 50 in 2 minutes - 3 min rest
6. Push ups: 50 in 2 minutes - 3 min rest
7. Flutter kicks: 50 in 2 minutes - Test complete

As of the moment I can complete the sit-ups, the flutters kicks, and the push-ups in the allotted time. I've also dropped my weight down a additional 50lbs from the start of this year. I'm right at 190 at the moment. I've still got the swimming to get down, and I know there's alot more running than this once I get into INDOC but I'll work at it one step at time.

I appreciate everyone who supports this dream of mine and has shared encouraging words. I also appreciate anyone who doubts me because you just make me strive for it that much harder. Thank you to everyone past and present who's served in our military.
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 7401 Comments 2 Edit Tags Email Blog Entry
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 2

Comments

1. Old
    You should post before and after pics. Good job, keep it up.
  2. Old
    Thank you Grease Man, it's actually hard for me to find pictures of when I was at my biggest. Believe it or not I was pretty self conscious. I do have a high school I.D. with the fat me on it, I'll have to post that.
    Updated 09-18-2010 at 11:41 AM by Ogdru (Bad grammar, typing on iPod touch)