Airsoft Ohio Forums  

Go Back   Home > Airsoft Ohio Forums > Blogs > Jdbl14

Rate this Entry

NEW GEAR!!!!- TRU Top & Bottom

Posted 03-24-2009 at 03:22 PM by Jdbl14
So i use woodland camo, and decided that i needed to upgrade from the good 'ol BDU. so of course i got myself a set of woodland TRU's By Tru-Spec, from Opsgear.com. for 80 bucks a set, i though it was a fair price, and weather or not i got the best deal out there i am completely satisfied. for those of you that don't know, the TRU is basically the new Army uniform, offered in other colors. i've looked at so many "altered" uniforms that when i recieved my tru's i kinda wasn't sure what all features they had, but wow i am so impressed. as far as i know they are the same as the new army uni, but i'll run through the improvements:

the pants have drawstrings at the bottoms, and the waist(so more "cinch" tabs) and stronger belt loops. a smaller "mag" sized pocket on the calf, velcro on the bottom of the reinforced kneepad pockets(to insert foam), the upper "slash" pocket edge is reinforced and the back, main and lower pockets all have velcro closure. the top of the "main"-knee pockets are angled foreward, and the pockets feature adjustiable elastic tops, AND smaller internal pockets with velcro closure.

the top has a zippered front, with velcro cover-flap, a "mandarin" collar, velcro cuffs, no lower-stomach pockets, inward slanted upper-chest pockets(with velcro closure), the elbows have velcro closure pad pockets, the left forearm features 3 pen "slots", and the upper arm has pockets with velcro closure, and velcro on the outside for attaching patches.( one thing i am unsure of is why the these pockets have a small "hook" fastener tab on them, maybe a easy place to grab and pull them open?) and for me and my broad shoulders i love the fact that the back is "bellowed". another thing about the top i like is that while it comes with velcro for name tapes and rank, they send you the velcro unattached, so you can just sew on any tapes that you might want.

the quality of this uniformis great, the material is 50/50 poly cotton and the stitching is ridiculous. i always found the bdu very comfy, but the tru is way better! i'm not sure how it will hold up over time, but my initial impression is that these things are great! i might order an extra set before the woodland becomes harder to get.
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 6056 Comments 3 Edit Tags Email Blog Entry
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 3

Comments

1. Old
    Welcome to the world of True-Spec, is awesome stuff.
  2. Old
    The hook tape sewn to the arm pockets are so you can attach an IFF tape (IR or light reflector) to the velcro, and then use the hook tape flap to cover it up if you don't want it to be seen.
  3. Old
    at first i figured that was what the tab was for, but it's only like 1/4 inch over the edge of the pocket? there's also a piece of velcro inside the flap that i don't get?