Airsoft Ohio Forums  

Go Back   Home > Airsoft Ohio Forums > Blogs

Old

ZSHOT - You should "like" on Facebook

Posted 07-18-2011 at 10:31 AM by WhiteRook
I donít think people realize, or at least I didnít, how fortunate we are here in Ohio to have a company like ZSHOT in our midst.

While Iím not a big fan of Systema, and everyone that knows me knows that, I am a big fan of ZSHOT because they are ďin the loopĒ of the worldwide airsoft market and can be counted on to share, what they can, when they can about new products that we are all aguishly awaiting.

How do I know this? Simple. In my quest for historically accurate...
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 12381 Comments 8 WhiteRook is offline Edit Tags
Old

Likes & Dislikes about Airsoft

Posted 03-05-2011 at 12:33 PM by WhiteRook
Updated 03-07-2011 at 02:52 PM by WhiteRook
OK, so Iíve been doing airsoft events for about a year now. Not a long time. However, long enough to develop likes and dislikes about the ďgamesĒ. I thought I might share my Likes & Dislikes with everyone.

DISLIKES:

That you call them games and not events and scenarios.

ACU

Green vs Tan. While I understand it, I still donít like it and canít think of anything better for modern airsoft events.

That Multicam is considered...
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 9926 Comments 28 WhiteRook is offline Edit Tags
Old

Why do I like to shoot at people with 6mm bbs?

Posted 07-27-2010 at 10:17 AM by WhiteRook
Why do I like to shoot at people with 6mm bbs?

I have started writing this blog several times and each time deleting it because it was a bunch of pooh. But the answer came to me at Red Dragon this weekend. For me, Red Dragon has always been a Zen type experience and this weekend was no exception.

The realization I came to is that I like shooting 6mm bbs at people is because they can shoot back. Simple, so simple.

In all my other pursuits; hunting,...
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 9709 Comments 15 WhiteRook is offline Edit Tags
Old
Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.

Memorial Day

Posted 05-25-2010 at 10:42 AM by WhiteRook
Updated 05-25-2010 at 12:12 PM by WhiteRook
Memorial Day (or Decoration Day as my father used to call it) is this weekend. Over the years, this federal holiday meant a day off school or day off work with parades in the morning, a good old B&W war movie on TV, and a family cookout in the afternoon. It was also the first unofficial day of summer.

Now that Iím married to a young lady from Indiana, it seems this weekend also has something to do with auto racing. Who knew!

This holiday originated with Civil...
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 7630 Comments 11 WhiteRook is offline Edit Tags
Old
Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average.

My relentess pursuit of upgrades for my M1A1

Posted 04-30-2010 at 08:06 PM by WhiteRook
Hello Everybody:

I just thought I might blog about my relentless pursuit of upgrades for my M1A1 Thompson. I started with the idea that I bought a cheap gun, so I could afford expensive upgrades over time ... less of am impact on the budget, etc.

Well, some of you have seen my work on my Thompson because I have posted it and I'm very proud of it.

I first started by simply upgrading the battery from 8.4v to a 9.6v ... a friend turned me on to this type...
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 11322 Comments 7 WhiteRook is offline Edit Tags