Airsoft Ohio Forums  

Go Back   Home > Airsoft Ohio Forums > Blogs > Nihilism

Rate this Entry

The Joy's of switching to Airsoft

Posted 08-13-2009 at 01:00 AM by Nihilism
So, I'm part of a large group of people that play this game called Dagorhir. Basically it is a midevil based, live action combat game. Or, if you wanna put it in geek, we beat each other up with foam swords. The group that I run in this game is strictly there for the sport aspects of the game. While everyone else around us is dressed like characters from a Tolkien book, we are the guys that want to wear jerseys and find sponsors. For us it's all about the joy of unit tactics and competition. However, many of us have been dissatisfied with allot of aspects of "foam fighting" in general. In enter airsoft.

So my friend Sean has been talking about airsoft for a couple of years now but none of us had paid too much attention to him because who can afford 2 time consuming hobbies? Apparently we can(I'm lying). So, a couple of months ago I'm playing around with Seans' guns listening to him talk about how tactical and mature that Airsoft is, and how he really wants to start a team in our area. By this point, myself and several others were hooked.

So, I do some reasearch into what type of gun I want, trek down to airsoftsmith, and buy the best version of it I can. Since my career as a male prositute(strip club DJ) and photographer has been good to me, I wasn't too concerned about dropping like a grand on my initial investment. What I did not consider is that I was on of two of the 15 of us that had a job that actually produced good amounts of money.

So, here I am with this bad *** gun, sean with his 4 guns, and an itching to shoot it at something other than a foam target. So I wrote up a post on my groups forums and set forth motivating everyone to scrounge up the money for a starter gun. Also, to really get everyone hooked I talked to a guy in the local park system and got permission for some airsoft in the back woods. So, with the date that I would fire my gun at someone for the first time firmly set, I excitedly started trying to get everyone set up.

My glorious day in the sun had arrived. We all met up and drove to the spot for our game. 3 of us actually had camo that day while the rest of the group was a rag-tag collection of mismatched protective clothing. My own outfit consisted of a full set of woodland BDU's, goggles, a shemigh(spelling?), a tactical vest, and of course my gloves. Between us, we had several high quality guns and about a billion Wal-Mart single cock action guns that people bought just to try it out for the day. To any veteran we truly must have looked like some 5th world militia. We split the good guns up between the two teams we created and set out to create our first scenario.

We had a few issues getting sights set in on our team so while we did that the other team went off into the woods. Shortly after they radioed us telling them to come find them. By default, my first game had become an ambush scenario. Here I am, awkwardly moving forward with my team down a path through the woods looking for the bad guys still to uncertain to really utilize any kind of tactical movement or advance. Suddenly, I hear a rustle in the brush ahead of me and begin to raise my hand to call a halt. It's then that my face realizes that the rustle coming from the brush is a full auto spray of BB's. My introduction to airsoft scenarios was provided by a BB to the lip. Needless to say, my team was wiped out and I was hooked.

From there, we reversed the scenario. Much to my satisfaction, revenge is indeed sweet as my hiding place was good enough to kill a majority of the other team without being discovered. Realizing we wanted a more even playing field we switched the scenarios up and played for the rest of the day.

So now, my ragtag band of natives, as I'm calling them, are all hooked with not nearly enough money to get a proper set-up. This means that it is going to be like a year before everything to do with the team is truly rolling. However, there is an old burned down flea market in Alliance, on a huge piece of property. It's got burned out stone buildings, woods, and fields. The best part is that the owner seems very receptive to us playing there.(I find out tomorrow) This means that we could have a pretty amazing place to play, that could not only be for us, but other players in the area.

I think I just need to get my people out on street corners to earn the money for guns.
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 5686 Comments 22 Edit Tags Email Blog Entry
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 22

Comments

1. Old
    Alliance isn't far from the Youngstown area where Battlefront Paintball is located. Battlefront allows airsoft players to player there however paintballers have priority unless the day is reserved for airsoft. If you want to get out into the community and meet some more players from your area you should keep an eye on the calendar and head out for an open play at Battlefront. There is one coming up on the 23rd. And don't be scared of veteran players. If anything, be kind to them and learn from them. They were in the same spot as you at one point.
    Posted 08-13-2009 at 08:55 PM by DemonicUnicorn2 DemonicUnicorn2 is offline
  2. Old
    Hey if you ever want to play every Saturday the ruins holds open play.
  3. Old
    Hmmm. A stripclub DJ, that playings Dagorhir, essentially the game from Role Models, yes? Haha. Anyways, definetly let us all know if you can get the place in alliance LEGIMIMATLY up and running.. I don't feel like getting arrested or shot just get...
  4. Old
    Welcome to the fun friend, I as well have truly caught the bug. I think I have tried to find a way to play almost every weekend this summer.

I am down for the field too, I hope everything goes well for you.
  5. Old
    I'll actually be out at Battlefront next weekend, it's my birthday, and it's a sunday which means I can actually make it.

I want to go to the ruins so bad but I work every Saturday. Right now I'm working on getting a back up DJ so I can take a couple Saturdays off a month.
  6. Old
    Yo Nihilism. Did you say your birthday is next sunday the 23rd. Because that is my birthday and like two days before I'm gonna my airsoft gear.
  7. Old
    Hey man, I am a member of the Ruins Raiders, and if Sunday is better for you, I'm sure we can organize some of our local boys to do a smaller match so you can get down to the Ruins and play. Shouldn't be a problem at all, we've been considering doing it anyway. Shoot me a PM if you're interested bro, and welcome to the glory that is Airsoft
  8. Old
    Yes Reaper, my birthday is next sunday. I already treated myself to 3 new guns today :-) for my Bday.
  9. Old
    Dude that is sweet because mine is the 23rd. I'm am gonna go buy some guns like next week with my dad. Well congrats on that I really want my gun's now lol.
  10. Old
    Gotta say I like the Introduction story, welcome to airsoft :-)

Also, nice meeting you at Airsoft smith....Im the guy that got the CA p90TR :-)
  11. Old
    Hey man, nice to meet you... Lol I bought like 3 guns yesterday.
  12. Old
    Nihilism, I have to be honest.... I think your "introduction" blog may be better then my original introduction thread -haha. You've already gained kudos with me for posting something that I feel was worth my time reading. I'll see you the 23rd!
  13. Old
    Ha, so that was you buying those guns at airsoftsmith on friday... I was the kid buying the G36c if you remember.
  14. Old
    My friend was gonna buy a mp5 but he wasn't 18 yet lol.
  15. Old
    I remember you both. Airsoftsmith is a damn amazing crew.
    and ty shadersnake, see you this Sun.
  16. Old
    Yep I'm going back Saturday to buy my m16 that I want ant the vest I'm gonna get.
  17. Old
    DId you ever get a new pair of goggles?
  18. Old
    They Replaces the Bollies I did have with a new lens. But, I went out this past sunday and they did the same thing. So, I order a pair of ESS turbofan strikers that should be here by friday. So no more fogging or anti-fog coating peeling off.
  19. Old
    lol meant to say replaced.
  20. Old
    your a strip club dj? 8) ive been wanting to start up a club in my area too ever since my faggot *** leader kicked me out and replaced me with my best friend. (my friend hates him so he doesnt go anymore) I also have a dagorhir group so i may try to recreate your story. (without the drugs and sex though)