Airsoft Ohio Forums  

Go Back   Home > Airsoft Ohio Forums > Blogs > Vader

Rate this Entry

Blogging 101

Posted 07-09-2009 at 11:04 AM by Vader
Updated 07-10-2009 at 02:48 AM by Vader

Blogging and social media (Facebook/Twitter/LinkedIn, etc.) are the fastest growing segments of the internet. It seems that everyone has something to say these days. In fact, figures suggest that by 2012, 3 out of 5 Americans will be posting to a blog of some sort.

That's all fine and dandy, but you have to ask yourself: what makes my blog special? With all those blogs to choose from, why would someone read my blog instead of another? Here are a few tips to help get you started in the right direction:
1. Create scannable content. No one wants to read a novel, so keep it brief.

2. Use lists. Any formatting that breaks up blocks of text are a good thing.

3. Post images. A picture is, and always has been, worth a thousand words.

4. LINKS! If you're trying to prove a point, link to someone else who is saying the same thing. The proof is in the pudding.

5. Learn to write. Seriously, guys. If you want someone to read your stuff, you have to be able to put a sentence together.
When choosing a topic for you blog, it's important to pick something that your readers can identify with and will offer feedback on in the form of comments. This is the lifeblood of any good blog...subscribers. People who are not only interested in what you have to say, but who will come back again and again to read it and interact with your blog.

Lastly, think of your blog as word of mouse marketing. People now talk around the water cooler in a different way. You want your posts to be memorable and buzzworthy, so that your readers will let others know about them. You don't have to be outlandish or even exciting to generate buzz, just consider your audience and write about things that interest them.

Good luck!
Views 3995 Comments 3 Edit Tags Email Blog Entry
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 3

Comments

1. Old
    Actually things related to medicine and medical records are the fastest growing segment of the internet, as they have been pretty much since the beginning of the world wide web. Medical files make up close to half of all information found on the internet.
    Updated 07-10-2009 at 12:11 PM by Zero
  2. Old
    Note: I said fastest growing, not largest. Medical files do make up more than half of the info found on the internet, but not the world wide web...there is a difference.
  3. Old
    i know what you're talking about. the business check company i work at recently gave their social media marketing firm. the results have been outstanding!!!