Airsoft Ohio Forums  

Go Back   Home > Airsoft Ohio Forums > Blogs > The life of Moses.

Its just me talking about me.... And whats on my mind.
Rate this Entry

I'm gonna throw my L85 out the window....

Posted 08-05-2009 at 09:00 PM by Kung Fu Moses
Basically I'm just gonna rant for a minute, so if you're reading this, bear with me.

The trouble all started when one of the connections broke on my motor. Not a big problem, fixed it with some wire and a jury rigged connector. Yesterday, the other side broke off. Tried to fix it with more wire and a jury rigged connector. It worked, kinda, for about 10 seconds. Then it stopped working. Tried to fix it again. It stopped working. Over the course of about two hours I got more and more frustrated, and I still am.

The problem is there simply isn't enough room behind the gearbox to place all the wires without them getting pinched or touching something metal. Couple that with the fact that I'm making the wires I'm attaching to the motor too short, and you get the problem with pinched and stretched wires.

I know all I gotta do is make the wires coming from the motor longer and wrap some electrical tape around the connections, and it should work. I'll fix it tomorrow. I'm too tired right now and I have to go to work tomorrow. Yay for blacktopping.

For those of you who don't know, on an ICS L85, you must remove the gearbox from the upper receiver to field strip the gun. In order to do that you have to disconnect the motor. Both times the gearbox slipped from its position and ripped off a connector. You place the butt plate on to cover the back of the gearbox and motor, and there's not much room. Plus a "never-lost" bolt (which is a lie, both of them have fallen out already) goes through a bracket on the plate, which is usually blocked by wires.

It's been pretty frustrating. Tomorrow I'll go through it a little slower and find some tape to wrap it all in. That should fix my problems. I have to say, I feel better already.

I'm going to review it later, after I field it for the first time. I'll say this now, "It's pretty awesome.... Minus the problems I've had with the motor, of course."
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 9144 Comments 5 Edit Tags Email Blog Entry
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 5

Comments

1. Old
    Believe me, I understand. Mine is stored away until I have the time, money, and patience to make the f'ing thing an awesome shooter.
  2. Old
    Told you not to buy a L85
  3. Old
    Its an awesome weapon Wood, just user error. If I wasn't so cheap I could just buy a new motor, but that'd be too easy.
  4. Old
    I threw my TSD trishot shot gun out of my bedroom window, 30ft high. Because I was pissed at it. Now I'm not, because it died!
  5. Old
    Fixed it, works good as new. I just had to scavenge motor parts off of my brothers broken Mp5.