Airsoft Ohio Forums  

Go Back   Home > Airsoft Ohio Forums > Blogs > ECHOES

Rate this Entry

America, Land of Opportunity

Posted 08-02-2009 at 08:56 PM by ECHOES
Due to my post in a recent thread here on AO, it has come to my attention that some may view me as some sort of American Flag toting, blindly patriotic person. One who mearly shouts USA! for attention or for some reason unknown to the rest of the world.

I'll admit I'm patriotic, but I am for a reason. I do live in the best country on earth. A country that has surpassed most others in the world. The United States of America may not be the smartest or the richest, but we live free. No civil war every few years, No anti-gun laws (For the most part, yeah, I'm looking at you New York City/DC/California), and general peace in our streets.

Certain members of society complain that the world has treated them bad, that may be so, but you live in the greatest country on Earth, simply for the reason you can get ahead in life. No matter your start.

Those doing the complaining are happy to sit and talk about how bad they are treated, but will do nothing at the opportunity that surrounds them.

The best thing about America,

Opportunity

You can accomplish anything you put your mind to here in the US. You are not bound by social/ethnic/economic class you are born into, unlike most countries. You can start out with absolutley nothing, get a job, work your way up, and succeed in life.

So as you sit there and complain about whatever, just remember you live in the land of true opportunity. Do something with what you have, work on your dreams, succeed.

The poorest person in America has more in a year than what most people in other countries make in their lifetime. Hmmm, can't complain now, can you?

Go out and prosper. Live life to the fullest, don't complain, do something about it.

Discuss
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 2270 Comments 8 Edit Tags Email Blog Entry
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 8

Comments

1. Old
    Echoes, have you visited or lived in other countries? Do you have friends who visited or lived in other countries? It is easy to say you have the best and bigger backyard of the world if you don't even look your neighbors backyard you know?.

While America is indeed a great country to live in, you seem to take it as the medias tell you it is. You can be a smart patriotic and you can be a gullible (sp) patriotic. Your will to seek and learn more about other country but also your own will dictate what type you are.

Updated 08-03-2009 at 02:14 PM by Blade
  2. Old
    Don't listen to the haters. There is nothing wrong with being patriotic. Just don't be patriotic to the point that you alienate others.
  3. Old
    I love the Bahama's backyards, something about it just is really relaxing.
  4. Old
    Blade, I take things as I see them around me. I personally dislike the media and how they skew facts/information. By basing my judments on how myself, family, and friends have been treated here in the U.S. and in multiple other countries (Mexico, China, etc), I would rather live here than anywhere else.

Also if it makes you happy, I am fine with Canada. Eh?
  5. Old
    You don't even need to get a job ECHOES. In America if you start off with nothing you just need to vote for a politician who will take from those who are better off and give it to you.

I do prefer your version more than reality though. And, who knows, we may yet return.
  6. Old
    Blade, why are you here?
  7. Old
    Quote:
    Blade, why are you here?
    Haha, that is a good point though.
  8. Old
    Because I promised myself I would raise the quality level of USA by moving here

I have to be honest though, you can't compare me with someone coming from a 3rd world country. as I said before, I don't see much difference between Canada and the US Beside we do drink real beer and have natural pretty women