Airsoft Ohio Forums  

Go Back   Home > Airsoft Ohio Forums > Blogs > sonnysonny

Rating: 2 votes, 1.50 average.

Airsoft is'nt really fun.

Posted 07-06-2009 at 06:58 PM by sonnysonny
Last month me and some buddies played airsoft. It could of been the worst game ive ever played. I have the best gun of them all, I always get about 10 kills per hour, and the exact same game is replayed every game. The only thing left in airsoft is loosing money and competition. Im not a very competitive person so airsoft is pretty much a money waster now.

All I really want to do is shoot some friends like I used to when we all had spring pistols. I used to be on a team where we did that all the time, but they just started to pick on me because im the younger guy. So now im stuck with $1500 of guns and gear, and their all display pieces or movie props. So, if anyone else has been here, could someone help me out of this rut?
Tags: airsoft, fun, hlep, isint
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 10608 Comments 24 Edit Tags Email Blog Entry
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 24

Comments

1. Old
    Play with some different people? Go to some events, infact you may be able to find spring only games in some places if you look hard enough.
    Posted 07-07-2009 at 10:35 AM by Comrade Garcia Comrade Garcia is offline
  2. Old
    Sounds like your getting out of airsoft exactly what your putting into it,nothing.With all the events posted new places to airsoft and a great community of airsofters you should have no problem finding people to shoot at,Put a little effort into it I'm sure you'll find them.
  3. Old
    Play with new people, and new places. Your never going to see Airsofts potential if you're not willing to travel around.
  4. Old
    If having the best gun and having a lot of kills brought you into the sport, you got it all wrong. If the fact that your friends are getting better guns than you or they are simply getting better so you don't have that many kills anymore, you got it all wrong.

Being said, if any of the above is not the reason why you got into airsoft, follow exactly what the others said; find new places and new players to play with and against. You can't compare backyard events with mainstream events and until you really do experience such events, you will most likely not understand the true potential of this sport...and all this without even bringing the whole "competition" aspect of it.
  5. Old
    You should go to bigger places where there's more people or something. Like if you go on youtube and search scoutthedoggie then you'll see what I mean by more people.
    Posted 07-07-2009 at 02:19 PM by xAgainstAllOddsx xAgainstAllOddsx is offline
  6. Old
    I have been to a few spear open games. they were pretty fun, but my parents don't want me going any more for some reason. I didn't get into airsoft to have the best stuff. I just eventually got it.
  7. Old
    It's your choice do what you want. Find a better team to play with or link up with Vets. Worst case if you can't make it to events try and get your money back by selling what you have.
    Updated 07-07-2009 at 11:07 PM by UrbanMarine
  8. Old
    Same here urban marine! Lets have a fag party!
    Updated 07-07-2009 at 09:04 PM by sonnysonny
  9. Old
    If your friends are still playing, try different things with them. It doesn't always have to be in your face combat. Sometimes you 'll have a better time by never having to fire a shot, or the attempt of that.

Airsoft isn't for everyone, and I won't put you down if you decide it's not for you. But you really should get out to a few more events and get a little more experience than what it sounds like you have. I mean face it, someone spent $1500 on those guns, the least you could do is give the game a fair chance before you decide it's not for you.
    Updated 07-07-2009 at 04:14 PM by Wraith
  10. Old
    Its all about attitude. Thats the defining point. If your not having fun because you aren't making "enough" kills or doing the same thing over and over again, then your attitude is in the wrong place. Attitude includes the following:

1. Willingness to listen and make compromise. This means paying attention, which many players fail to do during briefings.

2. Willingness to follow orders and chain of command.
    3. Being overall optimistic.
    4. Having a certain level of aggressive attitude while still maintaining integrity and respect for your fellow player.

Sonnysonny, I remember you from one of our Open Plays. During one of the Mini-scenario games you participated on, you volunteered for a role called "Geologist" without informing me. The role hadn't been defined to you because the briefing was being give to a player who came to me volunteering. So what happened is you wound up with with a satchel full of equipment needed for the role, but did not have the card defining what you were suppose to do with it. All of this was explained beforehand in a general briefing to the tan team. Had you been listening, you would have known something was wrong. Because of this mistake, throughout the whole game I was in the dark about where my "geologist" was and the entire Tan team suffered for it.

I'm not beating up on you here, please don't take it that way, but to me that shows a break in attitude. Not listening to the briefings and not following a chain of command. Because of this, you can't expect to come here on AO and expect us to make you feel better. We play because we enjoy it.
  11. Old
    Thank's guys, ill try and convince my parents to let me got to more events, ill try not to volunteer, and ill listen to everyone better. And $1500 is really an exaggeration, it's more like $850.
  12. Old
    I agree, its not really how many kills you get, or what guns you have, as long as you go events expecting to have fun. If you tell yourself you'll have a good time, you generally will. But as it's been said, it's not about guns and skills (although they help ). Ive been using clones my entire 1 1/2 years airsoft career, and I still have fun, even if I dont get a single kill in a day.

All about attitude .
  13. Old
    No, by all means volunteer. The purpose is for new people to try the ropes. But paying attention is an important part. Hope to see you there!
  14. Old
    Why exactly won't your parents let you play? Do they not like us SPEAR guys?
    Posted 07-07-2009 at 10:38 PM by Son of Liberty Son of Liberty is offline
  15. Old
    Yeah I agree with sasquatch when I play at big events I dont even really care if I hit anyone it's just fun to get out of the house and play with people who really care about the sport where everyone cares greatly about the sport
    Posted 07-07-2009 at 10:39 PM by Tactical Ginger Tactical Ginger is offline
  16. Old
    sol, i really dont know. Ive asked to go to events by a few different people, and my parents stopped all conversion about it at "i dont know, me and your dad'll talk about it".
  17. Old
    So get up in their faces with: " Look, I put alot of money into this sport. It will be a big waste if I don't get to get out there and play at some events and other games."
    Posted 07-08-2009 at 01:27 AM by Comrade Garcia Comrade Garcia is offline
  18. Old
    Try growing up faster?

I dunno. Everything's been said already.
  19. Old
    Quote:
    So get up in their faces with: " Look, I put alot of money into this sport. It will be a big waste if I don't get to get out there and play at some events and other games."
    No, that really isn't the way to handle it.

Sonnysonny, your young and susceptible to your parents will. I was the same way before I was able to drive, and its only because they are concerned for your well being. Some parents don't understand what Airsoft really is and they don't see it as an appropriate activity. So until your old enough to drive yourself, you just have to trust their judgement if they don't want you to go.

That doesn't mean you should try asking politely and explaining the circumstances in an adult like fashion. They will respect that.
  20. Old
    Have you asked your Dad to go with you? If you've got 2 AEGs, he may very well have a blast. Having been to some events, you should know by now there isn't an age limit and there are plenty of parents playing with their kids.

I can honestly say I trust an adult airsofter more than most varieties of people out there. We play a game based on honor for the pure fun of it. Maybe you just need to get your parents more familiar with some of the people in charge at events and some of the people in the field who are always looking out for each other.