Airsoft Ohio Forums  

Go Back   Home > Airsoft Ohio Forums > Blogs > Joker_IMPACT

Rate this Entry

Lucky 13

Posted 02-19-2011 at 10:49 AM by Joker_IMPACT
This year marks my 13th year playing airsoft. It is also the 13th year since IMPACT was created. Although this year is just getting started it looks to be a good one. I have already attended one game so far and have several more on the list here soon. I am even hosting quite a few soon. Indiana has a new and improved website up and running. And our events section is bursting at the seems with good games. And I even hope to travel a bit more this year. I am very fortunate to be able to play as actively as I have been for as long as I have been. And I try my best to give back and help newer players when they need it. I wonder what new adventures this year will present to me?

My personal life could really not get much worse. I try not to be a downer, but 2010 was perhaps the worst year of my life. I know most of you here do not know me on a personal level but trust me when I say that 2010 was almost the death of me. My family, friends, and airsoft got me through the year. I am still struggling with things but they are starting to look up (I hope). One positive thing that came about is my soon to be child, a boy. My first too. He will be brought into this crazy world any time now. I am very excited and scared. But with the rest of my life seeming to crumble at my feet this is one complication that I hope to enjoy as best I can.

So will this 13th year be lucky for me? At least with airsoft it looks to be that way. Now if only my real life would catch up. If there was ever a genuinely nice guy who could use some good luck or some positive life changes, it is me.

~Joker out....
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 2927 Comments 4 Edit Tags Email Blog Entry
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 4

Comments

1. Old
    Joker, life is full of peaks and valleys, thats life. I dont know what brought you down in 2010, but I do know what brought me down in 2006. I choose to dwell on things out of my control, felt less of myself, and let myself down. It took me 18 months to get myself back together, and without my two boys I might not have made it.

Keep your head up, ask for help/talk when needed, and focus on what is good in your life. Please dont waste as much time of your life as I did.

When I entered this hobby, it was simply for my oldest son. I soon realized that some of the nicest people were enjoying the hobby as well. I havent met one simple person who isnt supportive since I started playing.

Dont simply "enjoy as best I can" your son, embrace him, teach him, learn from him, and make him your focus for life. I promise this will give you new meaning in life, as well as make your life whole.

If you simply need to talk, you can PM me. God knows I shared my pain with people I cant even remember today, but they were there along my darkest days.
  2. Old
    Joker,

There's one simple reason for all of the anguish. You considered Echo 1 over TM.

On a more serious note, 2010 was a horrible year for me too. But I'm a stronger man for it. You will find your way and your reasoning. Learn from all mistakes and bad days. You'll do fine, as long as you buy TMs every once in a while to get your mind off of it all :P
  3. Old
    Thank you HayStack! I might just have to take you up on the offer.

Red, I think you are completely right about that. I am buying some TM standard mags as I type this, its a start....
  4. Old
    Rapid Growth is not without pains.
    Sweeping change is not without fears.
    Shedding away of old skin is not without sorrow.
    A death of one’s old self is not without mourning.
    -Brother Benjamin-
    Posted 03-01-2011 at 03:53 AM by Buddha/ Hohne Devils Buddha/ Hohne Devils is offline