Airsoft Ohio Forums  

Go Back   Home > Airsoft Ohio Forums > Blogs > Warcat

Rate this Entry

The Airsoft Bible Series

Posted 09-06-2011 at 07:41 AM by Warcat
Okay, so I’ve taken the steps and begun publishing my series of Airsoft “Bibles”. Because there really is a lot of stuff, some sections need more pictures and more research I’ve decided to start publishing Sections, which serves several purposes. #1 to get the information out there. #2 to gather feedback in order to improve the final book, #3 to help finance the full book, and #4 to attract interest in The Airsoft Bible.

Since Airsoft Ohio is where I usually come first for info, I know a good number of the players (and actually call some of you clowns friends), and where I sign up for events I am advertising it first here along with a 20% discount for the next two weeks.

The Airsoft Bible: Book of Comm

Right now it is Kindle only. I’ll be looking at porting it over to the Nook, and maybe if there is any interest, in a printed copy. Why Kindle? Very cheap startup costs. Another really cool thing I like is there is a kindle app for smart phones allowing people to carry the books with them wherever they go. You can also get the Kindle app for pretty much any electronic device with any processing power.

The final book will incorporate ALL the lesser books and include a lot of additional content. It may or may not be available for the Kindle (haven’t decided yet).

My first book, “The Airsoft Bible: Book of Comm” is about battlefield communications. Radios, hand/arm signals, hand signals, call signs, code words, passwords, whistles, communication plans and equipment. It is over 70 pages with pictures and explanations.

Other books include “Book of Warriors”, “Book of Tactics”, “Book of Job”, “Book of Gear”, “Book of Generals”, “Book of Squad”, “Book of Training”, “Book of Cities”, “Book of Darkness” and more (titles may change as they near completion or other changes occur). There is a theme in each book, from techniques and battle field concepts, to small unit tactics, billets, gear, Airsoft Leadership, Squad organization and training, CQB, Night Ops, etc.

That said I am looking for feedback and suggestions. These books are for YOU the Airsoft Community. I’m including pics from various games, along with players I know (and have received permission from) to use those pictures. I would also like to know what you think of the pricing structure, what you think is too much (or too little). Not all the books will be 75 pages, one is looking at being over a hundred pages. The finished product itself will be a few hundred pages.

If you see something wrong, or have suggestions, please PM me and I will try. I’m a one man show, with a two cool hobbies (writing and airsoft) a family and a full time job. Not nearly enough hours in the day for me. I really appreciate your advice on how I can make it better and what you want to see.

I’m also looking for cool pictures to use. See www.theairsoftbible.com for more info.

Thank you.
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 7137 Comments 3 Edit Tags Email Blog Entry
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 3

Comments

1. Old
    Great read. Can't wait till the next one is out.
  2. Old
    Thank you Rowdy.

If you have purchased it, like it or not, please write me a review at Amazon.com. I intend to release it on Smashwords within the next month (it will then be available through Barnes & Noble - Nook, the Apples Store and other online retailers).

The Airsoft Bible: Book of Tactics will be next.
  3. Old
    how old do u have to be to start
    Posted 07-18-2012 at 09:40 PM by ninjasniper407 ninjasniper407 is offline