Airsoft Ohio Forums  

Go Back   Home > Airsoft Ohio Forums > Blogs > Anteater

Rate this Entry

Please for the love of all that is good don't.........

Posted 03-31-2010 at 09:23 PM by Anteater
buy a sniper rifle as your first ever airsoft gun. The roll of the sniper may sound "fun", "tactical", and "L337" among other things, but the reality is that most DMs (designated marksmen) can perform the same role as a sniper, at 4 times the efficiency.

Look at it like this. You're all ghillied up, laying in wait for some lone target to come strolling by. After an hour and a half of waiting, at no benefit to your team, someone finally does stroll by, at 250 feet. So, what's the problem? I'm a SNIPER man! I can hit anybody! The problem is, sniping in airsoft doesn't work like it does in real life. With an airsoft gun, you can't achieve some ungodly amount of range or accuracy over another gun no matter how many upgrades you try.

You take the shot, and what's this?!?! WIND??? How could it be?! A slight gust of wind at 2 mph throws your BB off target by oh, 10 feet.

Please, for the sake of your own respect and for the sake of your wallet, buy a nice AEG to start. Then, if you still want to be a sniper, maybe try a DMR role, and if it still isn't fulfilling enough, THEN you can put a good 8-900 dollars into a decent sniper platform.

Oh, and lastly, if you DO decide to buy a sniper rifle for your first gun and proclaim how uber leet you are : If I see you at an event I will flatulate on your gear so no matter how sneaky you are, everyone will smell where you are.

-Anteater
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 1952 Comments 0 Edit Tags Email Blog Entry
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 0

Comments