Airsoft Ohio Forums  

Go Back   Home > Airsoft Ohio Forums > Blogs > Conspiracy! The top conspiracy theories of our times

Three years ago if someone would ‘ve approached me and told me the vaccines we were giving our children were poisoned I would have let it go in one ear and out the other simply writing it off as another whacko conspiracy theorist. But then along came my son. My wife and I argued about whether or not my baby boy was going to get vaccinated. She did not want to have him vaccinated, and there was no way in hell I was going to let my little boy risk a disease which was completely preventable. Well, I got my way. But in doing so, I started researching why everyone was saying these vaccines were so dangerous when they obviously aren’t. I mean we made it through them alright didn’t we?

I have about 600 hours of research into the subject of vaccines now. I’ve looked at them from the good side, and the bad side. I went to libraries, I made phone calls. I looked up thimerosal in the MSDS and I looked into what the EPA has to say about the toxin. And all of a sudden I found myself believing the government was indeed lying to us.

Let me start by saying there are many conspiracy theories out there. We are not going to look at all of them, but rather just the ones where there is official documentation which can be verified, or at least a very definable reason for suspicion.

Some of the theories I will be discussing in upcoming blogs: Vaccines (of course), the Georgia Recommendation, Montauk, Philadelphia experiment, Bush/Obama connection, the Bush family, the economy and maybe a few others. I am reluctant to bring 9/11 into this discussion due to the sensitivity of the subject, but I may need to in order to tie everything together.. Let me state also, it is NOT my intent to make anyone believe in any of this. My intent is to arouse suspicion enough that you too will start asking questions.

So, stay tuned. Make sure your seatbacks and tray tables are in their upright and locked positions, it’s going to be a bumpy ride.
Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.

Some crude observations

Posted 07-06-2010 at 06:34 PM by Wraith
So there I was...

I found myself in the Gulf of Mexico as a commercial diver working for a company called Oceaneering International. Later I cross trained to deepwater installation.

While working as a deepwater installation technician our job was to install a device which allowed manual operations of the wellhead via Remotely Operated Vehicle (ROV). This device was known as a UTA and was installed by regulation for safety purposes. If the rig was ever lost, the wellhead was still under control. This device was usually placed somewhere within a 5 mile radius and attached to the Blowout Preventer (BoP) by an umbilical. Sometimes it was a little closer than 5 miles out, sometimes it was more than 5 miles out. The idea was that it was a safe distance from the rig.

Sometime during the Bush (Jr.) administration the regulations governing oil companies changed and allowed oil companies to basically govern themselves. By consequence some companies have chosen to take shortcuts in safety procedures. The omission of a UTA or similar device from the Deepwater Horizon is one such omission.

Several people who know me have asked my opinion on what’s happening in the GoM with the spill and the reasons they can’t stop it. Unfortunately without knowing some more details it is hard to answer to many questions with conviction. I am therefore left to speculate based on the information which has been given.

First we will look at the rate of flow and the details of the riser – or pipe – which is leaking.
The riser is a hardened steel pipe which is 20 inches in diameter and is 2 inches thick. For comparison, a 55 gallon drum is 21 inches in diameter. This leak is said to be pushing the oil out at 2000 psi. After watching the live video feed I would say they are pretty close with that estimate.

Now, their original estimate was that the leak was putting about 5,000 barrels of crude a day into the Gulf. If a person were to break that down into gallons per second based on a 42 gallon barrel, we would see the rate of flow is estimated to be about 2 gallons a second. As a casual observer I can clearly see this leak is producing more than 2 gallons a second. I would estimate it to be leaking about ¾ to one barrel a second. At one barrel a second we are talking about 86,400 barrels a day. Now granted, this is going to be a high estimate because I don’t know the rate at which the seawater is mixing with the oil as it is shoved into the water column.

So, why can’t they stop it?

Yes we are limited in our capabilities to work at these depths. Our capabilities are limited to the capabilities of the ROVs and the pilots who control them. Those pilots take pride in their work and train for several hours a day for at least two years before they are set loose in the field. These people are very dedicated to their work and are very capable of doing the job. The ROVs themselves use manipulators – or robotic arms – in order to accomplish the work at hand. These manipulators can be interchanged as needed to fit the job. One of those attachments allows the ROV to work with a hydraulic impact wrench which is used to tighten or remove bolts from a flange which connects two pipes. This allows the ROV to install or repair a BoP or any other piece of equipment which has been placed on the bottom. That’s right, that BoP was bolted into place using an ROV.

Why this is so significant is because about 6 to 8 inches below the cut they made in the riser is a flange. This flange should be unbolted and a new BoP which is in the open position placed right on top of the old one. With the BoP being in the open position you wouldn’t have such a fight with the force of the oil exiting the pipe. Once the new BoP is bolted down, the valve could be closed; shutting down the flow of oil.

Okay, so why don’t they stop it?

To be completely honest; I don’t know. Let me restate that for those who may not have seen that or choose not to see it. I do NOT know why they won’t stop it. Therefore every reason I can come up with would be shear speculation. However, I will go over a few of those reasons.

First, they could be dragging their feet on this for political reasons. With President Obama pushing to have his “Clean Energy Act” – which is actually another name for cap and trade – the statement made by his advisor Rahm Emanuel comes to mind. He said (to paraphrase) never let a crisis go to waste. Now I would hope that this isn’t the true reason for the delay in repair, but unfortunately this would be the best scenario I can come up with as the others are worse.

Second scenario: While drilling through a substrate there a many things to consider I’m sure. One of those considerations would have to do with penetration speed of the bit. If the penetration speeds are excessive for the substrate, you could fracture the earth’s crust. This would be similar to drilling through a slab of slate. As long as the bit does the work, you can drill a nice clean hole. Try to force the bit through the slate and it fractures. If this had happened in the Gulf, it could potentially open fissures radiating out from the bit tip in all directions. This could allow direct access to the surface for oil to seep through if those fissures ran deep enough. In this case you would not want to stop the flow of oil at the riser. Doing so would cause the oil – being pressurized by gasses – to seek the path of least resistance. If that happens there is no way to contain the leak.

Another scenario would be something similar to cracking the mantle; that would be rupturing the pipe below the surface of the sea floor. Though this is unlikely in most cases; this was not a normal procedure. This was a “super deep” well. They were somewhere around 30,000 feet below the sea floor. Add another (nearly) mile of water on top of that and you never really can tell what problems you may encounter. One likely problem is gas pressure. Every oil reserve has accompanying gasses which have built up and pressurized over a period of time. They burn these gasses off through a flair located at a high point on the rig so any gasses which were not burnt off are carried away from the rig by the wind. If the gas pressures exceeded the rated pressure of the pipe by more than allowable tolerances it would rupture. This rupture could happen anywhere along the length of the pipe but would most likely blow out very near the well. Again, stopping the leak at the riser in this scenario would cause more damage than letting it flow.

In neither of the last two scenarios do I have any suggestions on how to fix it with any hope of it actually working. There is the possibility that a thermo nuclear device would work… or, make a big problem much worse.

Even though BP was completely aware exactly how unaware they were, they still chose to take shortcuts with the concrete casing which surrounds the pipe going into the ground and secures it in place as well as helps to seal it if I’m not mistaken. This concrete when poured needs to be kept in a clean state. It has been stated that the concrete had oil mixed in it. This would cause a weak anchor for the pipe as well as a poor seal I would imagine.

When the bit starts breaking through the well, gas pressure is bled off and they take a kick at the rig. At this point heavy mud (a type of mud which weighs between 16 and 20 pounds or more per gallon.) is pumped into the well to hold back the oil and let the gas pressure bleed off. (If I have that wrong someone please correct me.) Here again BP chose to take the shortcut and use seawater (about 10 pounds per gallon) to hold back the well. Again, this has been stated and is on record.

Now, I realize very few people actually KNOW me and that I could be making this all up... but I'm not.

I have also posted a few other blogs on the topic one being here:

http://www.sodahead.com/united-state...k/blog-357967/

in which I post what certs I still have in my possession.
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 3841 Comments 0 Edit Tags Email Blog Entry
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 0

Comments