Airsoft Ohio Forums  

Go Back   Home > Airsoft Ohio Forums > Blogs > young_marine

Rate this Entry

First time Experience...

Posted 08-21-2009 at 05:53 PM by young_marine
Well before coming to airsoft i was in some other type of hobby's and one time i had left my Ipod on my bag and some random people decide to see what I had on it. So they decided to play it in their car where EVERYONE could listen to it. Well since I am a Christian I dont really listen to anything other than christian music. Well lets just they heard some Godly music and started to laugh. I wasnt ashamed but just kind of mad that they were laughing at me for what I listened to. Well the point of this blog is just to say hey Im a christian and Im not ashamed of it. Yea Im 15 and most kids my age arent like my and Im glad Im me. I just dont want to join another Hobby and get laughed at for being a Christian.

And for you people who say we christians cant rock or who cant lean with it check these bands.
Rockers-
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rrKZb6qCvis

Rap-
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=22cmx...eature=related

Now I didnt type this all out just to start a flame war or nothing like that, Im just trying to show people Im not ashamed what Im in to.

Thanks for reading and God bless.
Tags: christian
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 6733 Comments 10 Edit Tags Email Blog Entry
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 10

Comments

1. Old
    Hey i'm Christian to and super proud of it!!! I'm also 15 and love to go to youth group and church events.
  2. Old
    Eh, I was never a fan of Christian rock...though I have heard some very decent rock bands that happen to be Christian. And yes, I'd say there is a difference.
  3. Old
    Stand tall and rock on to what makes you happy,Be proud of who you are no matter who laughs.As for airsoft what better hobby than the sport that requires honor & integrity.
  4. Old
    Ever heard of U2? Well its kinda hard to not be aware of their existence. They started out as a Christian band, and religion still greatly influences their music.
  5. Old
    I'm Christian also, and very proud of it. I don't care what other people think, I know what I believe is real. I always give people a little ultimatum "You keep believing what you believe, and I'll keep believing what I believe, and when we die, we'll see who's right." As far as bands go . . . Switchfoot, Relient K, The Fray, Rocket Summer, and Sanctus Real, are all great Christian bands, ESPECIALLY SWITCHFOOT!!!!
  6. Old
    I wouldn't let anyone stop me from doing what makes me happy. I'm Catholic and I really don't care what anyone has to say about it. We all play airsoft for the same reason: to legally shoot guns at eachother.

And dude, who cares if they laughed at your Christian Music, I love James Blunt, he's my favorite artist. Can you imagine the kind of ridicule I endure from friends and people who stop next to me at red lights?
    Posted 08-25-2009 at 07:47 PM by Son of Liberty Son of Liberty is offline
  7. Old
    Dude, if you like Christian rock, check out The Devil Wears Prada. Mr. Kong went to school with their guitarist.
    Another good Christian band is Blessthefall, who I also suggest checking out.
    Both bands may be a little heavy for some if your tastes.
  8. Old
    Slaughter i love that band so much!!! im going have to talk to him!!, ill have to check that band out, thanks!
  9. Old
    Hey, to each his/her own. When i was your age i was actively involved in my church. I used to attend christian rock fests like Ichthus every year.

While i'm no longer a fan of the music i'm still a christian.

My only advice, dont preach to people at events. Not saying you would, but its a courtesy. "I wont make fun if you wont preach" type thing.

The one thing i know is that Airsofters as a whole are a different crowd who usually have their own hobbies that mainstream people dont necessarily like. For this reason, most people will leave you alone.
  10. Old
    Mav, if i can call you that, not planning on it but just want to go to an event and sling some bb's at other people.