Airsoft Ohio Forums  

Go Back   Home > Airsoft Ohio Forums > Blogs > Ultheran

Rate this Entry

The army game experience.

Posted 08-08-2011 at 08:42 PM by Ultheran
Updated 08-12-2011 at 03:09 PM by Ultheran
The army game experience. What does that mean? I'm not talking about Call of duty, amra, or even battlefield. I'm talking about airsoft and paintball. Notice I don't put it airsoft VS Paintball, because yes the two are very similar but entirely different.

This is my experience with both paintbal and airsoft

Just a couple days ago I went to splatter park to use some of the tickets I had bought about a year ago. At the time I bought the tickets I wasn't big into airsoft as I am now, heck I hadn't even been to a event.
Of course I didn't go to play paintball by my self so I brought my Dad, brother and he brought his girlfriend along so I had some body to hang out with and play along side/shoot at.

Now I know why they say paintball is more expensive than airsoft. For 500 painballs it cost $28 and you must use paintballs sold at the field, and you will go trough those 500 in two match's if your not care full. Sense I don't have a paintball marker I had to rent, it wasn't to expensive( I upgraded the tickets which were dirt cheap any ways to get a extra 400 paint balls to go with the 100 you get with the cheap tickets.) It only came out to be about $25. The rental guns definitely didn't look pretty, But they preformed to there duty.
But the rental masked were terrible, They fogged up with in 5 mins of use.

The game play was not what I expected at all. I expected to be alittle longer then what it was. The match's were only about 10-15mins if that. They were basic games like capture the flag, capture the hill, stuff like that. Now some thing I liked alot was that while our group was playing(we had like 10-15 people total) other groups where also playing in the many fields splatter park provides. unfortunately I didn't get a lot of play time in because the rental mask along with my glasses kept fogging up which was a complete downer.

Understand that I have only been to two airosft events and only one was a open play. when I was playing paintball I was sweating not from running around and avoiding being hit but from the fact that you have 10 Co2 paintball markers shooting at any given time, although I think it the rain had a little bit to do with me being all wet by the end as well. I have to admit, it is really exciting. But when playing airsoft there is allot of waiting and really concentrating on the enemy. During operation hope(This was my first event.) I didn't even use a entire magazine. Yes given I did designate my self as a medic but I still didn't see any action during most of the day. on my second event, it was a open play at reddragon hosted by spear. yes it was a great event. But I didn't get to see much action that day either. Now think back to what I said. During all occasions I didn't get to use my gun much , including paintball. But with paintball I was in the middle of it all.

But but but, I am not dissing airsoft, nor am I favoring paintball. I love airsoft because of the realism and the tacticalniss of it.(yes its a word.)
. Yes you may say, oh you just didn't do any thing because your just to scared to move from your bunker. But thats not the case. I was hit allot. Yes I am very inexperienced with airsoft and paint ball, yes I am afraid to be hit by a bb, but thats only because when I play airosft I am playing to complete the mission and only the mission, and being hit isn't gonna do it. But when I play paintball I play it to shoot people and be shot.

Know I know I will be flamed for this, but I do like paintball. I like to fast pase game play, the sound of the markers and I do have to admit I do like the sudden OH CRAP THAT HURT feeling when you get hit.

I also love airsoft. The sound of the airosft guns is almost soothing to me. seeing the tactical movement of teams is inspiring to me. The sound of BBs bouncing off the wall is scary/exciting. The mind set you have to have to be able to compete the mission and do what is necessary to succeed.
Now I may play paintball more than airsoft in the future, but only because it is closer to me. But airsoft will always be number 1 and paintball will just be something to do when I cant drive 3 hours to a airsoft event.

I hope this blog has not been to long and boring and pointless but please feel free to comment. Thanks.
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 8517 Comments 4 Edit Tags Email Blog Entry
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 4

Comments

1. Old
    I personally can back everything that has been said in this post being an avid paintball player as well as an airsoft player!
    It also is a coincidence that this happens to be my exact story too! But this is an amazing post and couldn't be more true!

One thing is for sure, especially with tippmann 98`s, paintball guns have a crisp, clean, powerfull sound to them, and who doesnt want to blow ammo for that?!? Also, gotta love recoil!
  2. Old
    Quote:
    The sound of the airosft guns is almost soothing to me. seeing the tactical movement of teams is inspiring to me. The sound of BBs bouncing off the wall is scary/exciting. The mind set you have to have to be able to compete the mission and do what is necessary to succeed.
    4 sentences of win
  3. Old
    ^This. (filling)
  4. Old
    My Airsoft Rig: ECHO 1 Stag Arms M4 JP-01 with magpul forend and a reddot.

My paintball rig: Tippman a-5, with Response Trigger, 16" sniper barrel, remote line, and 48cu. in. 3000psi tank.

Which do I like best?

Well neither actually, they are different games. I am a good shot, I like that being a factor in airsoft. I like the shorter games of paintball just because it feels like you are doing more (in what is, afterall, a game))

As for the price, hands down airsoft is the winnerit is cheaper to play on the surface for Airsoft. The weapons are more expensive but the rounds are cheaper.

However I do my own maintance on my wife and my paintball kits, and I can strip those markers tothe recievers and have them oiuled back up and together in an hour or so.

Airsoft gear feels more fiddly and breakable to me.

However I do like the fact that airsoft is milsim first... where as when I show for paintball in fulll camo people kinda look at me funny.:->
    Posted 08-22-2011 at 11:08 AM by ViperWingLeader ViperWingLeader is offline