Airsoft Ohio Forums  

Go Back   Home > Airsoft Ohio Forums > Blogs > knightmare

Rate this Entry

Ares G36 - A Review.

Posted 07-23-2010 at 08:39 AM by knightmare
Updated 07-26-2010 at 10:05 AM by knightmare
Here is my review of the Ares H&K G36 Blowback AEG. This is the first review I've written, so any constructive criticism or comments are welcome.

Review has been updated with my experience from OPEN 020. Please check it out and tell me what you think. Thanks!

http://www.spearairsoft.com/Ares_G36_Review.html
Tags: ares, g36, h&k, review, umarex
Posted in Airsoft Reviews
Views 15534 Comments 16 Edit Tags Email Blog Entry
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 16

Comments

1. Old
    Great review. I've been eyeing this line of G36's for awhile now on ehobbyasia but I'm glad to see that they can now be purchased locally. Ares throws some nice innovations into the gun but we'll see how they hold up after your field test. I look forward to your next installment on this G36!
  2. Old
    Great review, man. Very thorough and easy to understand.
  3. Old
    Great review. I may want to get one of these and use my
    TM G36c as a back up. Again, great review Knightmare
  4. Old
    SUCKS BRO.

Great review. When I sent the gun, the selector seemed fine. Weird how things can change in a matter of a day in UPS's hands. I agree, ARES did a lot of innovative things with their G36s, and they have exceptional externals. Their rate of fire for being a blowback is pretty impressive as well. However, I still think ARES needs to crunch down 100% on their QC and design.
  5. Old
    Well, the blowback shouldn't affect the RoF. If it does, then its negligible because of how weak the actual bolt spring is. I do agree though, the RoF is pretty outstanding for a stock gun.
  6. Old
    Oh how long is the inner barrel of the G36?
  7. Old
    makes me wish i had the money to but one
    echo 1 g36c for now
  8. Old
    scortch, it isn't a E1...LOLOLOLOL

KM, fantastic review. Can't wait to shoot it myself
  9. Old
    monkey he is saying he wishes he could buy a ares g36 but he doesnt have the money so its his echo 1 g36 for now
  10. Old
    Would be interested to see how Ares' G36 Blowback system compares to Marui's new G36K.
  11. Old
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't Tokyo Marui's new G36K have an actual recoil system inside of it?
  12. Old
    It does. The bolt weighs 300 grams or some such, so its supposed to give it some kick.

A few differences I noticed between the TM and the Ares (keep in mind, Ive only seen the TM in YouTube videos).
    • The TM's gas piston is attached to the bolt, allowing it to move back and forth with the bolt for added realism and possibly more kick.
    • The Ares bolt opens all the way back, like a realsteel, but the TM only opens far enough to access the hop.

I would like to find something showing the internals of the TM so I can see how they did their blowback.
  13. Old
    I had seen the internals for the Marui somewhere. Let me see if I can find them again. It's an interesting recoil system.
  14. Old
    Thanks Knightmare for the review, i'm picking up my C tomorrow!
  15. Old
    My first impressions : Solid build, realistic weight, good bright painted trades. Knightmare, I don't know if you had to do the same thing, but I had to do some fiddling around with the blowback to get it to work right. Out of the box the blowback was not hooked up right, and the bolt catch did not work either. After lining up everything with the B-b the bolt catch worked for me. How is your ROF? I just used a 8.4v and the ROF is junk. Once I get my gearbox wired to deans I will be running my 9.6 2200 elite battery. It was also shooting around 350, which is the sweet spot for CQB. Thanks for the review Knightmare. Oh yeah....I LOVE the 3 pin disassemble, I highly recommend this to any of the G36 heads. EDIT: I hope Ares in the future will include a RIS grip for the G36c, it was a pain having to spend more money to get one.
  16. Old
    Hey liked the review puts the confidence back in me to buy the gun. But I keep hearing about the gears going bad but I would like to know how long they last before they do. No use in buying a gun that needs service every 500 shots. Like the review though man it was good, just come back with a long term report.