Airsoft Ohio Forums  

Go Back   Home > Airsoft Ohio Forums > Blogs > Grease Man

Rate this Entry

Shipping, Stop Bit*****

Posted 10-12-2009 at 01:00 PM by Grease Man
I put this together quick, so my apologies if it isn't up to grammar "par"

Lately Iíve been hearing a lot of people complaining about high shipping rates from airsoft retailers and itís really beginning to annoy me, especially since these people complaining seem to know nothing of the world of shipping. From what Iíve seen most retailers prefer to ship with UPS. UPS is more expensive than the US Postal Service. While Iím sure there are people out there who have had bad experiences with UPS, they are much more reliable than USPS. In fact USPS doesnít even offer tracking numbers on most forms of shipping and flat out refuses to ship certain airsoft products. There are not many companies willing to risk loosing valuable merchandise to save a couple dollars. I donít have much experience with Fedex or DHL but Iím fairly sure they are on the same lines as UPS.
Before you go complaining that it cost almost the same in shipping as the bag of BBís you just ordered, know this: Most reliable shipping companies, in general, ship based on weight and size brackets for standard shipping. Meaning that it will cost roughly the same thing to ship a packet of shims as it will a gun. Get over it, thatís just the way it is. Also keep in mind, that shipping prices fluctuate with the cost of fuel (obviously). If fuel costs are at a record high, you can bet that shipping costs are up as well. Also please know this: Iím fairly sure that most retailers will not drive their personal vehicles to the local postal office to mail youíre package that you want them to make an exception for, so donít even bother asking, they are busy enough as it is. If you want to complain, complain to the shipping companies or write to your local congressman/congresswoman.

So here are some tips to help you save on shipping:

- Donít just order a single bag of BBís, order at least two or more. It will cost roughly the same thing to ship.
- A lot of retailers offer discounted/free shipping over a certain amount of money spent. If you canít afford to spend that much, see if your buddies want to add anything to your order.
- Plan a road trip with friends to an airsoft store and split the cost of gas money
- A lot of retailers can drop off supplies to you at games if they are local and the organizer allows it.

END RANT
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 13239 Comments 24 Edit Tags Email Blog Entry
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 24

Comments

1. Old
    Again, DELIVERY CONFIRMATION numbers are NOT the same as TRACKING numbers
  2. Old
    USPS Never has offered Tracking Numbers. Those numbers on the receipt only for delivery confirmation, like Loki said......

I've had numerous problems with USPS, and it is difficult to deal with them
  3. Old
    USPS is horrible. They are terribly slow and usually around the same price as UPS. I always try to use UPS whenever possible. Reliable, reasonably prices, and offer tracking at no extra cost.

USPS does offer full tracking but it will cost you extra. I usually buy it when I'm selling on ebay just so the buyer will know where their crap is.
  4. Old
    Nothing can be done about this from a retailer standpoint but for me personnally, when I ship things, I find it easiest to ship things in the large, padded, envelopes that are small enough such as bags of bb's, a silencer, some small clothing, and so on. I find it to be much cheaper but when it comes to larger items I find everyone to be expensive and I agree that it is their fault and in no way the retailers.