Airsoft Ohio Forums  

Go Back   Home > Airsoft Ohio Forums > Blogs > smith2

Rate this Entry

Airsoft in Florida?

Posted 02-28-2011 at 12:47 PM by smith2
Updated 03-10-2011 at 06:30 PM by smith2
Edit: So I found a game down there, an open play that regularly hosts around 150 players. Unfortunately I could not find a ride to the game, so I was not able to attend

So a couple of weeks ago, my parents told me that they're taking me and my brother to Florida for spring break.

My first thought was: Can I play airsoft down there?

It would be a perfect opportunity to try out some new gear I bought but haven't been able to test out yet, and get a taste for what airsoft is like in another state.

Technically, I have played out of state: I've been up to Ft.Drum twice for Pine PLains II and Climb to Glory, but most of the palyers at those games were from out of state as well.

I wanted to get a taste of the real airsoft experience. Just a fun day of slinging around bb's and having a couple laughs.

I found a field that hosts games twice a month, regularly hosting around 150 players. Should be exactly what I am looking for.

We leave for FL Friday, start airsofting Saturday.

I will update this blog as I complete my quest.
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 4688 Comments 8 Edit Tags Email Blog Entry
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 8

Comments

1. Old
    im going down this weekend to i was looking for fields can you send me a link of were you found it

thanks...cowboy
  2. Old
    I hope you're not flying :P
  3. Old
    ^ Huh yeah that would be fun explaining to the TSA agent lol
  4. Old
    As long as it is in your baggage I am pretty sure, they don't mind. I was looking into it once, when the family and I are going to California. Just nothing can be in your carry on.
  5. Old
    Flying with airsoft guns is very easy, just do some research.
  6. Old
    The Florida players I have played with were good guys. But when asked about their fellow players, they mentioned many of the same problems most fields have - players who don't call hits, players that are overly aggressive or have heavy trigger fingers, accusations of cheating that ruin morale, etc.

You might also ask Necronomican, he had some "not nice" things to say about some of the players he played with while living there.
  7. Old
    I'm currently in Tampa, FL right now for college, and I didn't even bother getting into the airsoft scene down here, due to after visiting a local shop I quickly realized most places have little/no safety restrictions on FPS. The owner talked only about getting the highest FPS possible and less on gameplay. Maybe it's just where I am, but be sure to check out any place you consider playing at.
  8. Old
    If I may, My name is Squirrel and I joined this group for two, (now three reasons)
    1: To respond to a classified.
    2: My buddy lives up here, thought I'd drop by.
    3: To renew FL's name.

Combat City USA Orlando.

Run by "The Dave" ex marine with nothing but safety and fun to the greatest extent.

Open to ALL Ages. Lots of after school kids that come out and have a blast living their "MW2" dreams. Can't hate em, they're so much fun to challenge in packs!

Hit calling is a world wide issue. I have it alot running with TM stock guns, but all you need to do is get up close and pop em in the mask. Then they hear it and call it. Don't call your hits? Who cares! It's not going to ruin your K/D it just means they want more play time, less re-spawn time, so you just make em hurt and send em on their way.

FPS Limit: 350CQB and semi only (except for hardcore CQB which is 400fps, no camping for more than 5 seconds, no bang out, 18+, and full auto allowed. Most fun ever had playing [yes I'm 16, but I'm a tough exception])

400fps for field, 425-450 and you get an admin trailing you to make sure your keeping the engagement distance at 50-75ft.
    DMR Long rifle 550 semi only. 100ft engagement distance. (most newbie snipers don't follow, but they can't really afford powerful accurate guns either. So it's something to watch for.)

Anygun without a bright colored zip tie is taken to the chrono, and some guns like G&G 45 extremes are taken to the chrono on sight.

Shooting glasses (not sungalsses) are allowed, although we do everything to promote face masks (free face mask to keep days, donations, whatnot)

I personally love CC and would stand by it's staff to the very end. You can google Combat City and find out more, or call Dave and take it up with him if your feeling lucky

Thanks for your time,
    -Squirrel of Infidel Inc