Airsoft Ohio Forums  

Go Back   Home > Airsoft Ohio Forums > Blogs > EDSLocklear

Rate this Entry

My First Blog Post

Posted 03-06-2012 at 10:02 PM by EDSLocklear
Updated 03-07-2012 at 12:49 AM by EDSLocklear
Hello! My name is Madison, and I guess I'll go under the Call Sign, "Bishop" until a team picks me up and gives me a new one. I am new to airsoft, and currently only have a USP. For my B-Day this April, I hope to get an M4A1 with Hybrid Scope. I will be 15 then, by the way.

I honestly can't remember how I found out about Airsoft, but I'm certainly glad I found it! I plan to play mostly MilSim, and am hoping I can find a team near my small town of Oberlin to play with.

I have always had a thing for the rank of "Corporal", and hope to get there. I do not find myself to be a good leader, which is why I am staying away from starting my own Team, as tempting as it is.

I plan to play a supportive role. You know, basically be the pack mule, carry everyone's ammo, etc. Hey, I can do it! If I can carry a Sousaphone on my back, I can carry all that!

Well, that's all for now. If you're looking for a new team member and we are reasonably close to each other, I'm your man!

-Madison
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 1663 Comments 11 Edit Tags Email Blog Entry
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 11

Comments

1. Old
    I'm not tring to be mean, but please, wish for something other than an M4, there are WAY to many of them out there in the airsoft community. please, get something more unique. For example A.U.G, SA58, FAMAS. there are many unique weapons out there.

But it is your decision, i just don't like the amount of M4s out there.

Also, go play some open play games. Milsims (at least for me) are few and far in between and are very expensive to attend. Open Plays are cheap, and normally have great attendances with very enjoyable gameplay.

Open Plays are not just for noobs, they are for players who just want to get out there and play.
    Posted 03-07-2012 at 07:47 PM by The Blind Sniper The Blind Sniper is offline
  2. Old
    First thing: Do NOT call a Holo/RDS+Magnifier combo a "Hybrid Scope." People tend to flip their s**t when you call anything by its Call of Duty name (Vector, Thumper, etc...). If you call it anything but that, you'll survive.

Second: Don't call yourself a Corporal. Veterans may be disrespected if you do, and non-veterans take it upon themselves to rage at you.

Third: MilSim's are fun and all, and sometimes require more gear, but being the pack mule isn't necessary. If someone on your team wants more ammo, they shouldn't rely on you to carry if for them. That's not to say you can't have buddy mags, but even then, keep it limited. Carrying a lot during MilSims is not very fun, especially when your CO is funny and decides to give you the task of jogging to the other side of the field to assault a town.

Other than that, you sound like you got a lot of potential. Make sure to act on that, and DON'T use COD knowledge. Some of it ain't all bad, but some people here just pick for ePenis fights.

EDIT: M4's are AWESOME!!! People have them because they WORK. Unique guns may be fun because you stick out, but they tend to have less in the means of upgrades and replacement parts. I'd go to an airsoft store (if possible) and hold some of the guns they have, see which one feels more natural to you. Sometimes, the "uniqueness" of the gun isn't worth looking like you have 2 left hands operating it.
    Updated 03-08-2012 at 02:33 PM by Panda
  3. Old
    blog post needs more spoilers or arrogant comments.

I do not approve.
    Posted 03-08-2012 at 03:38 PM by Son of Liberty Son of Liberty is offline
  4. Old
    SPOILER: SOL will comment on this blog again once I say he sucks eggs.
  5. Old
    No....see he hasn't commented back. Now make fun of his hair and he will most likely comment back, or hes too busy fixing it to bother.
  6. Old
    This kid can get whatever the **** gun he wants to get. Doosh nozzles. And he can call the god damn scope whatever he wants to call it. **** tits
    Updated 03-09-2012 at 11:38 AM by ilvfly
  7. Old
    ^can't tell if trolling or genuinely mad.

SOL, you're hair feels like a thorn bush. There, that'll incite the beast. Also, I'm awesome.

(Spoiler, check, Arrogance, check... )
  8. Old
    thats sum funny ****
    Posted 03-10-2012 at 11:18 PM by CRASH_TF330 GUNSLINGERS CRASH_TF330 GUNSLINGERS is offline
  9. Old
    Tits in my ***
  10. Old
    SOL's hair is a joke, its trash. Panda, what's up with the random fish?
  11. Old