Airsoft Ohio Forums  

Go Back   Home > Airsoft Ohio Forums > Blogs > General_Tso

Rate this Entry

Common Problem

Posted 07-08-2012 at 02:37 PM by General_Tso
All in good fun. Don't mean to offend, mortify, dismember, or dismantle any group, person, idiot, troll, or ACU User.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	TanvsGreen.jpg
Views:	678
Size:	36.8 KB
ID:	24  
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 8881 Comments 19 Edit Tags Email Blog Entry
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 19

Comments

1. Old
    This is sad but true. I wonder where UCP, ATACs FG and Multicam fit on this scale
  2. Old
    Fields should specify on this more, for OPs at least.

And Quinn...I lied..

General Tso's chicken is amazing..
  3. Old
    I still fondly (BS!) remember my first airsoft event. When I politely asked of a young man, "Hey, is that camo green or tan?" To which he replied by pulling his trigger.
    He did, technically, answer the question.
  4. Old
    Aha! But what happens when one wears both? Multicam has all of those colors, brochacho. Lol
  5. Old
    IFF is all part of the fun. :P
  6. Old
    Communicate and obtain awareness of where all of your guys are and you will not have this issue.

Or play with your plastic figurines in the sandbox. Either way.
  7. Old
    Pretty sure we're already playing GI Joe here, Spectre.
  8. Old
    If I can't tell what team you're on, and I'm in an area with potential of enemy forces, I shall have you know I will be pulling my trigger if cross my restricted field of vision.
  9. Old
    i say shoot first and ask questions later but i do believe that fields should be more restrictive on camo patterns. because i was at a event were this guy had forest A-TACS and was on green team but in the sun light it looked more multicam than A-TACS.
  10. Old
    I don't care. More Trigger time is always good. Just as long as everyone's a good sport about it.
  11. Old
    Now my buddies in SOCAL have determined that Multicam it's green, of course if you are in a desert anything with a little green is considered green. Anyways, the biggest upset, at least for me, is Xcamo vs. Multicam. A few games ago, there was Xcamo on green and Multicam on tan, it didn't make sense. And of course there was a lot of friendly fire.
  12. Old

my solution, a 2 question process
  13. Old
    Warpig. Well done.

14. Old
    Just know where your teammates are. If in doubt of color, shoot anyway. Otherwise it could cost you or your objective.
  15. Old
    Shoot anything pointing at you or anyone that is loud, including friendlies.

16. Old
    Walking back to respawn is a positive motivator for choosing a more distinguishing color.
  17. Old
    Those charts really cleared things up for me, but they don't cover what happens when people wearing tiger stripe betray greenfor.
  18. Old
    I think fields should have different colored arm bands. This would be the easiest way to know for sure. Use two bright colors that are unmistakable like bright blue and yellow
  19. Old
    Arm bands would probably defeat the purpose of camouflage and probably change how airsoft is done here in Ohio and the midwest. Out in California in the indoor airsoft games, they use arm bands to quickly identify the player. Which lends itself to the intense and fast gameplay they utilize out there. Which, in my opinion is making airsoft more like paintball and I think that there still needs to be a distinction between the two.

I agree that OP's should pay attention to camo colors and modify teams accordingly, but like Spectre said, if you use good communication, teamwork and awareness, you won't have to worry about friendly fire. I think this is what makes ohio/midwest airsoft unique. But just maybe in those cases where a guy shows up wearing multicam pants, a green vest and black long sleeve underneath, they should be the ones who have to wear the neon colored arm band associated with their team.