Airsoft Ohio Forums  

Go Back   Home > Airsoft Ohio Forums > Blogs > Son of Liberty

Rate this Entry

BF3 in a nutshell

Posted 10-27-2011 at 10:19 AM by Son of Liberty
Ok first off let me say I was pretty disappointed in the campaign... it was probably only 6 hours worth of play.

it's like the exact opposite of the storyline from MW2, instead of Russians wanting to blame Americans to start a war, the Russians are trying to prevent a war in which they are sure the Americans will start if the pieces of this "story" are put together.

You are Sgt. Blackburn, some dude who gets caught up in a lot of ****, and that one fat guy from Blackhawk Down who flies around in the chopper and keeps giving Tom Sizemore bull**** directions, well ya he's interrogating you with some guy who tries to act like Mark Harmon from NCIS and does a very bad job at doing so.

You're in Iran, your one dude gets sniped, hard. You save him. Blah blah blah typical shooter stuff, go here go there, the storyline is about as shallow as a Michael Bay movie, lots of pretty explosions and cool on screen stuff, but it lacks depth. As you keep trudging through the piles of dead Arabs you have slain you finally meet up with some dude named Captain Cole who is trying to take down the Iranian dude Al-Bashir who is working with some Russian named Solomon who blows up a nuke in Paris (A Russian nuke, that's why the Russians are like WTF we didn't do this and the U.S. is like get sum Commies) and you're Vympel leader gets a massive metal rod in his chest and dies, it's heartbreaking. But continuing on...

You capture Al-Bashir, he dies on the Osprey you take his phone. Find some Russian arms dealer named Kaffarov (LAWL SO CLOSE TO MAKAROV LAWL LAWL LAWL LAWL REHASH LAWL) anyway... You realize that the Russians are invading the same backasswards country you are in. But there's a **** load of em. So instead of falling back, cuz...well you and about 25 other Marines against a Battalion of crack Ruskie Paratroopers (seems logical right?) WRONG Mr. Captain Cole who is just bucking for that promotion wants to capture or kill Kaffarov. So you trudge through laying waste to Ruskies in what seems like some bologna mission from CoD. But you get strafed by a Russian jet and your two buddies Matkovic and Campo die, hard, like blood everywhere bleehh well Matkovic was wearing Multicam so he deserved it. But anyway...

You cut to Dima, the Ruskie Vympel guy you play in two missions, you play him in the Paris mission when the nuke goes skadoosh and now in the Kaffarov mission. He capture this guy and punch him in the nuts in a cutscene, totally legit. But then Blackburn comes in, Dima tells him to shoot his CO because if he doesn't Dima will be shot and the nukes will go off and millions will die. So I was like...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P3ALwKeSEYs

Cuz this dude got your boys killed

So you spray him with like 10 rounds, no full-auto indoors right? wrong, dude hits the ground like a sack of boners.

So he's dead, you're interrogated, your one dude Montes comes in and you beat the crap out of Mark Harmon wannabe and some other guy in a suit. You hop on this train that has a nuke because you had some startling realization.

You kill a bunch of dudes, Montes gets shot in the face, you and Solomon beat the **** out of each other while handcuffed together in Times Square (For some reason the HUNDREDS of people standing around are watching a UNIFORMED MARINE get his *** kicked by a guy who is dressed as a stereotypical greasy Russian bad guy with a cheap gold necklace. But you smash his head in with a rock and prevent the nuke from blowing up.

The end is some stupid sentimental thing with Dima as he holds a pistol towards his face wanting to blow his head off, but he hears a knock at the door, racks it and the screen goes dark.

LAME
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 6353 Comments 35 Edit Tags Email Blog Entry
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 35

Comments

1. Old
    ...but can I still run people over in a jeep on my way to take a plane I have absolutely no ability to fly and will turn into the worlds largest lawn dart at first opportunity? Ah, BF1942.
  2. Old
    I wrecked two AH-1s in a single match
    Posted 10-27-2011 at 11:11 AM by Son of Liberty Son of Liberty is offline
  3. Old
    This blog post has convinced me SOL forgot to take his ADD Meds again.
  4. Old
    Just saving people 6 hours of their lives
    Posted 10-27-2011 at 01:47 PM by Son of Liberty Son of Liberty is offline
  5. Old
    Why would you play a battlefield game for the story?
  6. Old
    Campaign: Battlefield < MW

Multiplayer: Battlefield >>>>>>>> all CoDs

I thought everyone would know this by now...
  7. Old
    SOL, were playing online together sometime.
  8. Old
    I agree with Karma honestly. If I want story in a game I try to stay away from FPS games.

How's the game mechanics?
  9. Old
    Mechanics are the same as every other FPS on the market....surprise! The thing that bothers me is that it feels like they did not even try with the single player campaign. So why even throw in the half assed run of the mill single player experience? I almost feel that EA is laughing their way to the bank at the expense of the ignorant masses. Honestly I think (and hope) the FPS is a dying breed, there is only so much you can do before it all feels the same. I think I am done with the console FPS experience until something as fun and innovative as COD4 was when it first came out.
  10. Old
    Most people don't buy a BF title for the single player campaign. They can get away with this because they know the majority of players want the multiplayer side.
  11. Old
    "dude hits the ground like a sack of boners."

Lol'd in the middle of my AP english class.
  12. Old
    Shoot down a jet with a tank... cus I'm awsome. Oh and guess what I actually liked the campaign, don't know why people don't care for the story much.
    Updated 10-28-2011 at 08:40 PM by cj93
  13. Old
    Lmfao kitten.

Best reveiw ever that I actually agree with. Campaign sucked HARD. Playing on hard/no aim assest like suggested was a terrable idea, and I do mean bad.

And SoL brought up a good point about the tiem square thing. I was like WTF?! Why isnt there an angry mob helping me kick this dudes *** or help us before my dude gets shot?
    but NO, noone even screams when he gets shot.

And mutliplyer bites atm. lagtastic 24/7 in beta I would o 30-10, now i get lucky to get to 15-20 kills...
  14. Old
    Just go back to MoH frontline like i did. Totally worth it
  15. Old
    I love to play shooters just for the story. It's like a playable movie. This is why Mass Effect remains my favorite game of all time.
  16. Old
    Yeah, the campaign was a big let down, especially since I liked the Bad company campaigns. You can definately tell that they tried to focus on multiplayer so they could compete with COD. I haven't gotten to it yet but I'm hoping the new Co-op stuff will be better.
  17. Old
    Multiplayer is soooooooooooooooo good.
  18. Old
    I'm glad my review helped for once. I do enjoy BF3 just for the fact that it's an FPS where I can zone out and just kill things. Now we will see how good MW3's campaign is. But I agree Ben, the FPS is dying, I'm stoked for Future Soldier though
    Posted 10-31-2011 at 06:48 AM by Son of Liberty Son of Liberty is offline
  19. Old
    I totally forgot about future soldier....If its half as good as GRAW 2 I will buy it.
  20. Old
    I will just stick with Elder scroll games for story.

E.I. Skyrim T (minus) 11 days 8 hours 51mins and counting