Airsoft Ohio Forums  

Go Back   Home > Airsoft Ohio Forums > Blogs > CTU_Davis

Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.

A love letter to AO.

Posted 07-16-2011 at 02:36 AM by CTU_Davis
I suffered from epileptic seizures at one point in my life and was 90 pounds and on amounts of medication no human being should have to put inside it's body. I got picked on, beat up, and all matter of horrible things.

I tried to be a normal kid. Boy-scouts and church youth group and all that. I never felt normal.

At one point I just decided I'd had enough. I tried to get into the army after high school, but my mother chased the recruiters off our front lawn and did all manner of things to make me swear to her I wouldn't.

And then I found this place. I didn't know what it was at first, or airsoft, but I signed up anyway.

It snowballed from there. From a springer Deagle to a TM Deagle Hardkick and a P90 tri-rail to the Inokatsu AKM and the King Arms FAL Para I have now.

I didn't really start gaming 'till I met the 08th, before then it was just backyard skirmishes and collecting.

I didn't know it then, but it opened me to a world unlike any I'd know and some of the best friends I'd ever meet in my life.

I credit AO and the 08th for many things in my life, functioning alcoholism excluded.

I credit you guys for saving my life. My soul.

It's given me something real. People who are real friends. Friends that actually go out of their way to give a crap when you need them to outside of gaming. Even if you were convinced for the longest time they hated you.

*cough* Fox and Lu *cough*

So you young kids out there. Those of you new to AO, If I may offer a slight uncharacteristic hand....

These people may be crass and unrefined. They may roll their eyes at you and scoff at what you bring to the table, but once you get to know them, once you form a bond

they are family.

Thank you, all of you, for six years of this.

I don't know what I'd do without you.
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 6995 Comments 4 Edit Tags Email Blog Entry
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 4

Comments

1. Old
    to be honest, i feel Airsoft did the same, in school, i was the fat kid everyone exploited for being smart. in short, i was a loser in elementary and middle school. picked last for teams, everyone said i was smart, but few but my real friends approached me for more than answers. In airsoft, I'm the war pig, it helped me mature, made me a force to be reckoned with, i wasnt always last picked for teams, and i've had the honor of being selected for SRT and was asked to be on a team to represent north east ohio at IRENE! its great to feel wanted/ needed isnt it
  2. Old
    Just for the record, I do in fact dislike a majority of you.
  3. Old
  4. Old
    I was never bullied, I was never fat...I just got bored one day, grabbed that plastic handgun that shot plastic bbs I
    got for my birthdayandgathered some friends and shot at eachother. But airsoft did change my life. Before I airsofted, video games were my life...I would leave my house to go to someone else' house just to play system connect with the rest of the people in my town..But when I started Airsoft...The Xboxs turned off and I had the entire town out buying guns...Still do.