Airsoft Ohio Forums  

Go Back   Home > Airsoft Ohio Forums > Blogs > Warpig07

Rate this Entry

Diabeetus on the battlefield: now a little easier

Posted 03-27-2011 at 09:51 PM by Warpig07
Technology truly is a wonderful thing, and it is extra kind to people who have "diabeetus" as wilford brimley would put it. The newest toy to help manage my chronic disease, a constant glucose monitor (CGM). It is a device that monitors my blood sugar from an injection site every 5 minutes and allows me to monitor my blood sugars levels over a period between 1- 6 hours.

when i first set it up, i wasnt impressed, a simple 4 button interface and a transmitter you have to insert manually (ow!) but once i got it, i saw how much potential it has. all through work i monitored my blood sugar and was able to act before my blood sugar dropped low, preventing me from having to halt in my work.

Diabetics including myself have had to deal with integrating their diabetes and airsofting for years, whether it be using an ALICE pouch to hold a juicy juice or a pistol mag pouch to hold a tube of Glucose tablets, this trumps all, being able to keep a constant watch on my glucose levels will make me more active in my role for airsofting.

in fact the only con i could find was the fact that its another site i have to inject in addition to my insulin pump, the pharmaceutical companies need to find a way to integrate the tech into one IV or ill look like i met the business end of an M134

and the kicker, of all the places i got this wonderful piece of tech from, it was from liberty medical, where wilford brimley advertised for "diabeetus testing supplies"

Sev out
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 2383 Comments 2 Edit Tags Email Blog Entry
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 2

Comments

1. Old
    I too am plagued with type 1 diabetes, I really don't have any problems with my blood sugar dropping low at games anymore. I currently use Gatorade as my #1 form of hydration during the day, and it keeps me around 90.

I really don't like pumps because of the fact that it is attached to my body, but this device seems pretty cool, as I don't need to remove my gloves and mess around with the tests strips and all that.

I might end up trying one of these now. Thanks
  2. Old
    I've found the other gingers weakness...I SHALL EXPLOIT IT. THERE CAN ONLY BE ONE.