Airsoft Ohio Forums  

Go Back   Home > Airsoft Ohio Forums > Blogs > Warpig07

Rate this Entry

It's official

Posted 01-13-2011 at 09:22 PM by Warpig07
after a week of waiting for confirmation, the word is out, my father is going on a tour of duty to afghanistan.

How do i feel about it? A mix of concern and pride, in other words i dont exactly know how the hell i feel.

Obviously when someone in your family is going to a potentially dangerous place, you will have concern for them. but at the same time, i know he won't be in danger (he's a Col in Expeditionary sustainment) and he certainly didn't survive the first gulf war or make it to colonel by being stupid.

On the other hand, im proud. Proud of his service and proud that he was picked as the Deputy Cmdr. for the selected command from 2 other colonels, he is truly a great leader and father at that, taught me to shoot, gun safety, handed me down his BDUs that i wear while airsofting (i refuse to remove the patches, yes i didnt earn them but he did, and i don't want to remove them because its part of his past.

Maybe it's just my initial feelings of having a loved one go somewhere dangerous, where all you see of it on the news is "X amount of troops died" but i know he'll keep his wits about him. should i worry?
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 2246 Comments 9 Edit Tags Email Blog Entry
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 9

Comments

1. Old
    Dont worry abit hes in good hands over there.
  2. Old
    Best of luck to him man. Tell him i said thank you for serving.
  3. Old
    Tell him thanks for serving. What branch is he in? and how did he become an officer? (I'm going to be an officer in the Marines or Army.)
  4. Old
    First I thank him for his service. Second, I thank you and your family for your service to him as well as the rest of us. Having been deployed twice, I know the trials and frustrations that a family has when a loved one is deployed to the far away land.

Should you be worried? Dont think anyone can answer that but you. I do believe that the last sentance in your third paragraph sums it up for you though. Worrying is natural and dont feel bad about it, As I can tell you are proud of him. Be there for him, let him know that he will have no worries about the homestead. This will make his tour a tad bit easier.

A bit of advice. If there is anything that he likes that can only be gotten here at home, that is what you send him in a care package. Best thing I got was some gold star chili in a can. Guys thought I was nuts putting chili on spaghetti.

I wish you and yours the best of luck.
  5. Old
    thank him for his service from stonewall and family........it isn't easy on a family when a loved one is deployed....especially when they are in combat zone but the us military is one of the best trained militaries in the world.......worrying is part of it.......... but he is in great company.............God bless him and you guys
  6. Old
    thanks guys, i really appreciate all this, now that ive had time to talk it over with him im feeling better about it. Rooster, he serves in the Army as a deputy commander of an expeditionary sustainement command, in other words, he makes sure the troops deliver all supplies properly
  7. Old
    I had an Uncle of mine who was stationed over in Iraq a few years back. My family was very worried about him while he was over there, but he came back. And try not to worry, they will take good care of him.
  8. Old
    Thank him for his service from me and my family and friends. A good friend of mine is in the same boat and i do worry about him, but i no he will be fine. Hes smart and so is your dad. And i believe God will watch over him and guide him home.
  9. Old
    I have just returned from afghanistan from a tour, hes going to be around the finest warriors in the world no matter where he ends up being. feeling mixed feelings about a loved one going into a dangerous place is normal, Knowing that he has some one proud of him, and awaiting his return can pull people through many situations just let him know that you support him and Motomail is avaliable for most branches of the service slightly faster than Snail mail..
    Semperfi