Airsoft Ohio Forums  

Go Back   Home > Airsoft Ohio Forums > Blogs > Cut Throat

Rate this Entry

Looking at the future

Posted 07-09-2010 at 10:26 PM by Cut Throat
Updated 07-09-2010 at 11:18 PM by Cut Throat
Well after 3 short years in High School I've decided I want to go into the army, but as an officier. I've been talking with my dad, and other people about what the best way to go in would be, and they've all pointed me towards going through an ROTC program. The other day I went down to UC and talked to one of guys in charge of recruiting for a couple of hours, and he showed me what all it would take to "get er done".
At this point its still do able, but I have to get on it real quick, as I'm going to be a senior this year. I still have to talk with a Proffesor of Military of Science and do some more paper work, and choose which college I'd like to attend. I'm trying to go for a 4 year scholarship, and something close to home in case the scholarship doe not include room and board fees.
The branch I'm looking at most right now would be infantry. I'd hope to get in Active right after college, but with the limited numbers I'm going to have to earn it. Right now I could pass the physical test, but I'm going to try and re-take the ACT, and get a little more involved in school then I have been. On my first time with the ACT I only scored a 24, which the recruiter said was about what 50% of the applicants sent in scored. So retaking that is on my list of things to do. For the athletic side I've been playing lacrosse for several years as a club sport, and started wrestling last year as a way to stay in shape. My GPA is only a 3.3 at the moment, but I think I'll be able to improve that this coming year, and add it to my application. I've also been working down at Coney Island this, and last summer which he said looks good on the application.
I also have not picked a major yet, but American history, military technology, automotive repair, gun smithing, and criminal justice stick out the most in my mind at the moment. But now the fun part of looking at colleges begins.
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 1732 Comments 3 Edit Tags Email Blog Entry
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 3

Comments

1. Old
    More power to ya man. I myself have been looking in to ROTC and the Army but consider other options also. I'm still trying to research what branch and what job I want that I think I would do best at and be happiest with. A lot of my friends who want to join are also still researching. There is a LOT of things you can do. Try and find what makes you the happiest and you'll give it 100% more than something else.
    Updated 07-10-2010 at 09:23 AM by Tzar9k
  2. Old
    Having been an Army officer and earning my commission through ROTC. Get in to college, work on your scholorship, and work on being the best cadet you can be. Don't worry to much on branch right now. You will go to summer trainings that highlight the branchs and intro you to them. But, the better you do in ROTC, the better you chances of getting what you want. Just my two cents, Bruce
  3. Old
    "American history, military technology, automotive repair, gun smithing, and criminal justice"

Of all of these things, American history (Most likely a History major and a masters in American history) and Criminal justice (most likely a Justice Studies major) are the only majors that could actually could be pursued at UC and most non technical colleges. That is unless you would enjoy a branch of engineering and have the intent of working in military technology.