Airsoft Ohio Forums  

Go Back   Home > Airsoft Ohio Forums > Blogs > Skate

Rate this Entry

Where did the funny go?

Posted 08-03-2009 at 08:55 PM by Skate
Theres been a lot of good comedy's that I loved that have went down the drain. Family Guy, Futurama, Scrubs, South Park, The Simpsons, House (in that dark humor kind of way it had), Spongbo...nevermind. You get the point.

With Family Guy coming off the air in 2012 to be replaced with "The Cleveland Show", I just start to feel that they're trying to hard.

Futurama is coming back, did you hear? Apparently they could be coming back with different voice actors, I'll pass

Scrubs, well they just dragged Scrubs out a few seasons too long, Season 8 was just produced to wrap up the show.

South Park, well personally I never really liked the show but a lot of my friends who loved it can't bear to watch it anymore.

The Simpsons, same as Scrubs, dragged out in my opinion. Maybe I just never appreciated it because it was before my time.

House is a tricky one, it feels almost too distant now. I used to be able to feel some sort of connection with the characters, but they seem to dark and inhumane now. This one in all truth shouldn't be in this list but it is one of my biggest disapointments.

Moral of the story? All good things die, let them die with dignity. (I'm looking at you Seth Mcfarlane)
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 4985 Comments 13 Edit Tags Email Blog Entry
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 13

Comments

1. Old
    I agree with you on everything except simpsons...it really isn't as funny as it used to be but still somehow entertaining. I didnt hear about the futurama thing but Bender and Frye are never gonna be the same after a voice change. For the family guy thing, will it just not be any new episodes or completely off television?
  2. Old
    Psssh southpark is still kickin ***.
  3. Old
    SouthPark has gotten kinda preachy but they seem more satirical now. and I do enjoy the pop culture references and such, kinda reminds me of Spaced.
    Posted 08-04-2009 at 04:12 AM by Comrade Garcia Comrade Garcia is offline
  4. Old
    Bring back Beavis & Butthead
  5. Old
    I think the thing is, those shows utilized a certain type of comedy. And through the years they never once evolved their comedy. Simpsons manages to stay up and going only because they remain current. Same with southpark. They keep up to date on current events and news. Thing is, if you don't watch these shows religiously, you will still find them funny if you did before. I don't watch the simpsons all that often but when i do, i still find it funny.

Many of the shows gets ruined by politics. Anytime there is a major political event going on, the simpsons tries to cash in on it and the show goes to hell. I never liked southpark BECAUSE they try and stay political about everything. Some episodes are really funny to me, they happen to be episodes that don't involve politics...

Politics ruins lives and well... everything...
  6. Old
    bleh, beavis and butthead always sucked.

As for south park, its just as good as its always been IMO.

Simpsons stopped being funny back in like 2000.

You, my friend need to watch more Adult Swim. Tons of sarcastic and off the wall humor to be found there.
  7. Old
    Im just talking about those particular shows, all in my opinion of course. Again never really watched south park.

I like robot chicken, but in general I like sitcoms more, Everybody Loves Ramond (SP?) and King of Queens comes to mind.
  8. Old
    Quote:
    Bring back Beavis & Butthead
    Yes, I was thinking the same exact thing.
  9. Old
    Seinfeld, The Office
  10. Old
    Breaking Bad... that's a comedy, right?
  11. Old
    Maniac if my information is right, once The Cleveland Show airs in what i believe is September, production of Family Guy will stop, but it will stay on the air until 2012, to be fully replaced with The Cleveland Show.
  12. Old
    I don't like simpsons anymore, I still like southpark, family guy is meh, i've always loved futurama, house=win, I still love it, is season currently on or something?
  13. Old
    Odin I don't know what you mean, futurama isn't even being produced anymore, and the last season was bad, family guy was even worse since season 7, and house was my biggest disapointment of all of them.