PDA

View Full Version : Operation: RISK III, October 16th, Red Dragon Paintball

Locutus
10-08-2005, 09:04 PM
http://www.airsoftarms.com/images/oprisk.jpg (http://www.airsoftarms.com/oprisk.php)
Who will dominate the world?

In this game of global domination, you and your army must cross vast continents to launch daring attacks against your enemies. But watch your flanks, as your opponents will fight to claim your territories behind you! Capture all the territories and you dominate the globe.
Operation: RISK III is an all-day, fun event focusing on team work and strategy. Teams will score points for capturing and holding key Control Points (CPs) located around the field.

INFORMATION AND REGISTRATION (http://www.airsoftarms.com/oprisk.php)

Violator
10-08-2005, 11:43 PM
Somebody needs to re-assimilate Locutus into the great game of airsoft ;)

Resistance is futile.

I'll be there, see you all @ the game

Enoch247
10-09-2005, 09:52 AM
I'm guessing this will be more of a regular game as opposed to a milsim event, no?

dustin
10-09-2005, 06:51 PM
I may make it out to this game. What scenarios do you guys have planned?

CapnJ
10-09-2005, 07:00 PM
All the Red Dragon games are a ton of fun so I"ll deffinately be there.

The scenarios we've been running out there start out pretty simple (simple respawn, hostage rescue, only play this half of the field, etc.), but the really great scenario is usually the last game we play. Simply put, it's a 'domination' format. There are ten flags around the field and you have to capture them and hold them for the longest amount of time to win.

The scenarios might not be Irene 3 type stuff, but Red Dragon games are always mad fun. That coupled with $1 hamburgers and $.50 water makes it ftw.

Churchill2010
10-09-2005, 08:49 PM
I am hoping myself to come to this event but I was wondering. Do you have to be on a team to join? Because if you do then I couldn't come. Also I was wondering what rental guns would be there because I would like to try out the new CA G36E that you guys over at Airsoft Arms have. Someone please get back to me on that. P.S. Ivwas also wondering if after you sign and turn in one waiver form for the event will that apply to all future events? P.S.S. This hopefully will be my first AO event and I want to be there. I is tah n00b

Scorpion
10-09-2005, 08:55 PM
You DO NOT* need to be part of a team to play at any red dragon game, they are "fun events"(someting i'd like to see more of nowadays).

Airsoft Arms almost always has two m16 varient and at least 1 mp5 varient rental guns at each game, but they may have more.

Churchill2010
10-10-2005, 05:55 AM
Thx Scorpion I guess I will have to ask my mom if I can go to this meet over there but she might object to it because of gas prices. I will get back to you guys if I can or can't. I hopefully will see you guys there.:cool:

Hexonal
10-11-2005, 12:03 PM
Plague will be there. I should have all the guns working in time, lol.
See everyone there!

Churchill2010
10-11-2005, 03:34 PM
Okay, I just got done talking to my mom and she said I might be able to go and she said she might do it with me!!! That's just the craziest thing I have heard all day:rolleyes: I will update you on the chance of me coming there. Hopefully I will!!:D :D :D

Violator
10-12-2005, 04:54 PM
Make sure you have protective eyewear and the proper attire for your mom and you if she is going to play. Sometimes people forget that if they bring a friend or somebody else, they need 2 sets of goggles and BDU's ;)

Churchill2010
10-12-2005, 08:06 PM
OK guys I just got the news I can't go because of lack of funds. I only have enough money to get in and I don't have any BDU's or a paintball mask. I will have to wait for Christmas to roll around for that. But I did stop by Airsoft Arms today and found my dream gun there. All of my money is now going to be spent on getting a CA G36. I held that thing in my arms and said that was the one. I convinced my mom to let me get it with my own money finally after waiting for a year to convince here to do so. I can't wait to get it.:D :D :D Man am I excited! My birthday is coming soon and I will get about $150 from that and maybe do some stuff around the house but by the end of the year, I want to get that gun. A G36 By Christmas is my goal this year and I will make sure to do that!!!! P.S. Tell me how the event went down so I can come later on and save up for that too!!

CheGregory
10-13-2005, 03:24 PM
are bbs provided or do we have to bring out own? also any airsoft vehicles, can we bring them?

Locutus
10-13-2005, 04:28 PM
You need to bring your own BBs unless you want to purchase some at the event.

No vehicles are allowed on the playing field.

Thanks!

Darkstar
10-13-2005, 09:45 PM
Due to the slowdown of the airsoft season and the lack of people registered, we are considering cancelling this event. If you are coming but HAVE NOT registered, please do so now so that we can get an accurate count of how many people will be coming. We will stop taking registrations Friday the 14th at 10pm. If we do not get enough people registered by that time, I will go ahead and call the game off.

Thanks,

Darkstar out.

Hexonal
10-14-2005, 10:36 PM
well, Darkstar weather this event happens or not, thanks for scheduling some on sundays.
Although i do hope this one still goes on.

Darkstar
10-15-2005, 01:52 AM
Yea, the registration isn't looking too good. I'm going to go ahead and call off the game. There are just too few people registered that I can't justify having people come from all over to have only a handful of people at the game. Just would be fun.

Locutus and I have been going over some ideas for the next Tangled Web game, as well as the Tangled Web series for next year. We're currently developing a new medic system for the Tangled Web games, as well as a ranking system for teams and scenarios. It looks to be pretty cool and we're looking forward to implementing the new system for next year.

I'm sorry for those few who were planning to attend this weekend. I'll have an update for the next game soon. We're going to announce it several weeks in advance to get a better turnout.

Take care,

Darkstar out.

Dreamer00
10-15-2005, 02:09 AM
:(

CapnJ
10-15-2005, 11:45 PM
Wow...that sucks a lot.

So my question is: if the season is 'slowing down' and people aren't interested in organized events, are there still small unofficial games going on? Are people still playing at all? If so, where? Don't tell me that people just stop playing airsoft alltogether once October rolls around...I find that kinda hard to believe.

What do you think?

icedragonx
10-16-2005, 12:58 AM
There should be indoor CQB games.

Fox
10-16-2005, 01:40 AM
Originally posted by CapnJ
Wow...that sucks a lot.

So my question is: if the season is 'slowing down' and people aren't interested in organized events, are there still small unofficial games going on? Are people still playing at all? If so, where? Don't tell me that people just stop playing airsoft alltogether once October rolls around...I find that kinda hard to believe.

What do you think?

I can tell you there will probably be a handful of *Big* winter games up north here.

But, I am refering to the Youngstown area.

Lil snow'n'cold never hurt anyone.

But.. guns on the other hand...

BLACK SE7EN
10-16-2005, 09:31 PM
Well airsoft in the chillicothe area is getting better every month. We started with around 6 players and now with a couple that can't make it we have 7 to 8 on a team. It's went so well we started a team ( R.A.I.D. ) and your games have a mission like run on them. Our feild is really good and is located in circleville. Airsoft in the ross county area is growing and all are welcome.