PDA

View Full Version : IRENE - How'd it go?

Hillslam
09-25-2005, 07:02 PM
Curious how it went.

Stories please.

Grease Man
09-25-2005, 08:54 PM
words can't even explain......

explosions, suicide bombers, APC's, civilians.....

Check out the pics on the forums at Oplionclaws.com

Sgt. Horvath
09-25-2005, 09:19 PM
The scariest, most challenging enviroment I have ever played in, and also the best time I have ever had playing airsoft. It was all great, from the civilian role players, to the pyrotechnics(even though I nearly crapped myself when an RPG blew up just feet from me). It was great to see how well Charlie Company meshed so well together, and it was great to get Col. McKnight an Irene win under his belt. I can't wait for Irene IV.

Titleist
09-25-2005, 09:31 PM
I am going to go next year, I was signed up to go with Loki and Foxtrot, but my vacation request was denied almost 2 months out, uber lame.

So next year I'll be putting in my request as soon as humanly possible, it's great to hear you guys had fun.

Next year....oh yes....

Fox
09-25-2005, 10:54 PM
Best game I have EVER attended... Hands down.

I love my SAW. Can't tell ya how many kills I've probably had this weekend.

Over 100 I'd guess.

But at the same time...

I used probably between 18,000 and 21,000 rounds...

Nosebuckle
09-26-2005, 12:22 AM
it was unreal

Big Clips
09-26-2005, 07:44 AM
It was sick.

Best Stories:

1) We had six civilians in the ZNN building with a firefight on the outside. I was told to get rid of them, so I stuffed them shoulder to shoulder in a closet and shut the door. They came out angry and outside only to be slaughtered by the Delta Company.

2) The guy chasing the M113 APC down the street with a sidearm, tossing in a smoke grenade, jumping on top of the APC and shooting the crew and passengers while in transit through the mortar opening on the roof. (WOW, that guy had bawls)

3) The civilian in the market that SG12 pissed off and he started tossing crackers all over, making a very amusing scene, then causing a firefight with local insurgents.

4) Foxtrot single handedly holding off the Strikers with the M249 in the ZNN Building

4) Loki being McKnight's RTO

5) DMan and I winning the same thing back to back in the raffle

6) TAC's leadership and command of the situation. We couldnt have won with out their superior planning and orginization.

7) TAC's cigaretes

8) The check-in guy at Motel 6 sayinbg these exact words, "There is a bucket in everyone's bathroom" (With no prompt as to why there may be a bucket in there)

9) The Motel 6 giving Loki and I a non-smoking room with an ashtray that had a no smoking logo on it

10) I was with SG12 when their SAW gunner blew a Jeep's radiator

11) Greeseman and I, our open/closed door bunker in the bank

12) Finding Shinner Bock in Columbus

13) Domminos Pizza

14) Trading my Danny McKight (Action Figure) for an ISSAK that DMan was trying to get in on. (But his own attempt at leading failed)

And there are many more. But the game was just too much to be put into words.

I have never (nor do I think I will) had a better time in airsoft yet

Hillslam
09-26-2005, 09:04 AM
Originally posted by Foxtrot
Best game I have EVER attended... Hands down.

I love my SAW. Can't tell ya how many kills I've probably had this weekend.

Over 100 I'd guess.

But at the same time...

I used probably between 18,000 and 21,000 rounds...
and
Originally posted by Big Clips
4) Foxtrot single handedly holding off the Strikers with the M249 in the ZNN Building

Arg! Don't tell me stuff like THAT.

*apologizes to his SAW for not taking 'er down to Irene* "Next year, I promise..."

Sounds like it was amazing.

Big Clips
09-26-2005, 09:43 AM
Originally posted by Hillslam
Sounds like it was amazing.

Nothing I have ever been to even holds a candle next to Irene III

Cowfur
09-26-2005, 06:12 PM
Haha, I fended off the zombie house with cody's FAMAS, btw if you guys don't know who i am, i'm the guy you could hear yelling get some across the field.

Sixes
09-26-2005, 07:19 PM
wrong thread there cowfur :rolleyes:

Loki
09-26-2005, 07:56 PM
In one word: AMAZING!!

Fox
09-26-2005, 09:11 PM
RPG's exploding over my head

Cars running into buildings and exploding - cuncussion nearly knocking some of us off roof tops.

Riding in an M113 RPG down a heavily delta filled street, spraying BB's - and, getting them sprayed back at me.

Night game: Flares going off, RPG's arcing over my head, buildings and vehicals bursting into flames all around the building I was in.

Thick plums of smoke billowing up from burning tires

Smoke grenade scorach marks all over everything

People screaming "TENTICAL" or "APC" Inbound!

People going absolutely insane when a group of 30 starts to move in-bound on them is ALWAYS comical. (Come on people... get some balls and fight. Don't panic.)

Fun, great game..

nextmayor
09-27-2005, 08:31 AM
The atmosphere at the event (pyrotechnics, sound system, props, vehicles, role playing characters, and the entire AO) really set the stage. Delta Company really made Charlie Company work for everything we did. The team that I got to play with were all cool too.

By far this was THE BEST EVENT I've been to since getting into airsoft in 2003!

In closing, it was nice seeing Ohio represented so well at a major national event. In attendence were TAC, Strikers, 08th EU, iP, 6mm, Black Eagles, BSTAB, and I'm sure a lot of unaffiliated players.

Thanks to Loki for volunteering to be Col. McKnights RTO at the expense of his trigger time. GOOD JOB HOTEL 6!

Here are some pics of TAC at OPI 3.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v634/nextmayor/Scrapbooking/TAC09.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v634/nextmayor/Scrapbooking/TAC15.jpg

THX
09-27-2005, 09:29 AM
For a slight peak into all that went on check out the pictures at http://oplionclaws.com/gallery/irene3. Most of the pics on there right now are from my POV through the helmet cam. These dont even tell half the tale as the sounds were amazing also. There was a series of explosions that went off during the night mission that literally shut down my ears for a few seconds they were so loud. The noise of the tank rolling down the street @ 20+ mph and the crazy "technical" with the m60 firing full auto constantly all while rockets explode around you, explosions in the distance, etc.

hydroponicstylee
09-27-2005, 05:36 PM
what can i say, freaking amazing, enjoy your break C co we felt forgiving this year lol, na jk C co had thier stuff together this year, made for some very tough fights. i didnt take very many pics (a sh** load of video though) but here is acouple..
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v639/Hydroponic2112/Picture1975copy.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v639/Hydroponic2112/Picture1982copy.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v639/Hydroponic2112/Picture1989copy.jpg http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v639/Hydroponic2112/Picture1992copy.jpg http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v639/Hydroponic2112/Picture1979copy.jpg
the dreaded sewer.

Grease Man
09-27-2005, 07:56 PM
my knees still hurt from the sewers.

nextmayor
09-27-2005, 07:59 PM
Hey now, this is a family place. We don't want to hear what you iP guys do in private. ;) Gotcha, JK!

3nWolf
09-29-2005, 02:28 AM
Hey Guys, I'm brand new to your boards.

I played at Irene with Charlie 3-3, I'm from the North Eastern Airsoft Group.

I just wanted to say it was a pleasure playing alongside all of you, and that I hope we fight together again.

It seemed that everytime I had turned around, I saw alot of intensity coming from guys who told me they were from Ohio. You guys were fast, strong, and aggressive.

Hope everyone had as much fun as we did.

I'd like to come play with you guys sometime, and I'll stay up to date of what kind of Ops you have coming up.

We're waiting on some pics, so I'll post the link once their all set up!

See you all soon.

3nWolf
New York

Grease Man
09-29-2005, 11:16 AM
I was in Charlie 3-1.

You East cost players were awsome to play with, I know iP looks forword to playing with you again.