PDA

View Full Version : Fran Bar Sept. 17th (tentative)

Agent Spencer
08-30-2005, 08:24 PM
Fran Bar on the 17th.

Missions: Rather than having an overall mission, we have decided to have multiple short fast-paced missions including:

-CTF
-Attack CTF
-Deathmatch
-VIP

If you have any other ideas post 'em.

Admission: 15 dollars

Time: 10:00 - 7:00

All AO rules apply, although ammo limits may be altered.

Don't Forget those waivers.

If you'd like to help out, just post.

Hope to see you there,

Agent Spencer

Grimlock
08-30-2005, 09:05 PM
Can't go, that's my birthday weekend. I'll be out of state.:(

Mattske
08-30-2005, 10:53 PM
I would love to make it... it all depends on if I can put my order in for somethings and on how fast they get here.

Also this will be my first event if all gose well and was wondering if this would be open to newbies like me

Hillslam
08-31-2005, 12:32 PM
Newb here planning on coming out as well.

Question - whats the difference between an Attack CTF and a regular CTF?

Fox
08-31-2005, 01:01 PM
Should be there. At least by my self, but maybe with a few other people. Appears I'll be full time down in columbus in about a week and a half..

Dead_Pool
08-31-2005, 04:51 PM
a few PUNISHERS should be there.

Sixes
08-31-2005, 05:09 PM
hopefully most of punishers can attend.

if anybody needs to rent a gun, throw me a pm. i have 1 i can rent out.

Sixes
08-31-2005, 08:25 PM
sounds ok. no freebies this time ;)

BLACK SE7EN
09-01-2005, 11:11 AM
R.A.I.D. might be able to attend.Our sniper is 16 so are waivers at the feild or what?

Mattske
09-01-2005, 12:12 PM
This maybe alittle off topic but it concerns this event so... Dose anyone know how good WGCshop is with there shipping (2-3 week shipping 2nd best) b/c that's who I plan on going with in less someone knows that they are shady with there shipping and know of somewhere better

P90killer
09-01-2005, 12:23 PM
for a gun that may not be a good idea, but for parts and other things they are great. you know b/c of the whole homeland security thing, a gun coming through customs may not be such a great idea...i have never actually ordered a gun from them, but allas i have only heard bad stories.

as far as the game goes i will try to be there assuming i can get my *** off of work for once....not that i won't be also playing the weekend after that at irene 3...but i will still try, haven't played paintsoft in a while.

i assume this will be an "AO" game correct, thus having all of the AO rules, fps, med's apply...or are u modifing it to allow higher than 500...say 550fps? just wondering * evil laugh...aps-2 shoots noobs hide behind trees *

Cowfur
09-01-2005, 02:42 PM
Uh, Agent Spencer are you capable of hosting an AO event. I mean no offense but you are like 14 right? Anyways I'll be there as always.

King
09-01-2005, 04:08 PM
I will try with all my powers to be there.....work is an issue.:rolleyes:

Sixes
09-01-2005, 04:47 PM
do u have a registration set up yet? if so post it please.

and cowfur, spencer will be fine hosting this, it doesnt take a 4 star general to run a fran bar event.

Sixes
09-01-2005, 06:19 PM
do you have a link?

UNSOUND
09-01-2005, 07:11 PM
Off topic for DarkPanther176

Most of the time WGC is fine for orders, just remeber that shipping a gun will cost $$$$ usually in tune with $80. Also when you order MAKE SURE on check out to have them give the 100% preice to customs (you'll see what I mean if you place an order) Because they will reemburse you if it is seized in customs or damaged in shipping.
Yes P90 there are horror stories but I have made several purchases including guns and never had a problem with WGC. Even when one was "lost" in customs or shipping. They figured it out notified me and sent another one right away. If they hadn't emailed me I might not ever have known. (unless I checked the tracking number and saw "detained" or something like that)

Anyway, that said you can usually buy a gun here in the states for the same price if you look for a few minutes. Overseas shops usually don't sell for that much less, and you do have to wonder about customs.

Just my $.02

Later all

Mattske
09-02-2005, 01:22 AM
Just for the record of my last post, Iím not ordering a gun just some extras, so i should be save as far as that goes.
I was really just wondering if there shipping is very good b/c I plan on using there 2-3 week shipping (anything better would cost more then it's worth) and with the game in 2 weeks i don't have time to be shafted around ya know?
But god willing it will get here and gas wont cost me an arm and a leg Togo down there from Cleveland :rolleyes:

King
09-02-2005, 02:40 AM
I'm seeing if I can get another guy to come. He's always wanted to try airsoft (he's a paintballer...eek!). So PUNISHERS, we might have another guy taging along. Hey would you look at that! I'm half way to becoming a member! (50)

Mattske
09-07-2005, 12:04 PM
things look good for me about 90% surei'll be going... as long as I will be getten a ride witch i'm sure i'm getten.

also I was just wondering if anyone has a TM DEagle50. mag. I could Buy, Borrow???

Sixes
09-07-2005, 12:16 PM
unfortunately, the only member of our team that has a TM desert eagle only has one mag that works left :(

btw, i still have one AEG for rent.

Mr. Potato-Head
09-07-2005, 12:36 PM
How much are you renting it for?

Sixes
09-07-2005, 03:13 PM
so how bout that link on airsoftevents.com?

Mattske
09-07-2005, 05:54 PM
I know this is something that i should ask someone in a Pmessage but my privite messaging isn't working right now but...
Hey dark_oblivion You said that a player on your team only has one Deagle mag that works... well i was wondering what's worng with the other (if there are other) one(s) b/c I only need one part off a mag to get mine to work.

Phoenixgun
09-07-2005, 06:04 PM
I will be there 100%

SpecialOp7
09-07-2005, 06:38 PM
i might be there to try out my new gun. ITs only 2 hours away.lol

Sixes
09-07-2005, 06:54 PM
panther: im not sure whats wrong with it, but i will bring it with me to the game, and we can check it out.

spencer: i didnt direct my question to anyone, i was asking the question to the public. anyone might have the link.

Mattske
09-07-2005, 07:08 PM
Thanks alot man about the Deagle mag... Try not to forget b/c i've been looking for this part (if it works) for a Looong time

Hey Op7 I feel your pain i'm gunna have to drive close too 3 hrs just for this game, but i have faith it will be worth the time and many

Sixes
09-07-2005, 07:47 PM
i'll have to see if he'd just be willing to donate it, but chances are we'll have to work something out price wise...

Mattske
09-08-2005, 01:31 AM
Well I plan on paying for the part, if he's willing to sell it, the part that i need is like the little 2 prong fork thing(I forgot the part number) that stops the BBs from flying every were.

Also i've ran into alittle issue will my g/f (the one driven me down there) at first i thought she would goto the mall in columbus while i played... but now she changed her mind. so what i'm asking is if someone has an idea of what she might be able todo for a few hrs while I play, may sound like a stupid question... but if someone has an idea that would help that would be great b/c that means I get to play :cool: and i hope no one thinks i'm some kinda self center b/f or anything, i mean I'm taking her to see "stomp" for crying out loud lol

BLACK SE7EN
09-08-2005, 08:23 AM
What is it she like to do?

Mattske
09-08-2005, 11:56 AM
she said anything but play or dress up in BDUs heh

SpecialOp7
09-08-2005, 02:31 PM
lol dark panther tell her to come out and watch some men'teens play a game with toy guns LOL:D j.m the only thing i know is a movie or mall.

Blade
09-08-2005, 02:43 PM
agent_spencer,

I doubt the event went through on AE. I in fact shut down the event registration system so I can finally get everything done. I honestly did not expect anybody to post there for the remaining of the year :(

Should be available again during next week. Main problem with previous system was editing existing events. I should have done fix with my new registration system.

If you have all details for your event, please email them to me so I can manually register your event.

One-Zero
09-08-2005, 10:18 PM
How many people will be going?

Sixes
09-08-2005, 10:26 PM
the turn out is expected to be good. unfortunately though, since AE isnt running, it would be hard to give an accurate estimate.

Hooch
09-09-2005, 09:49 AM
hey spence myself and a couple other guys will most likely be there. and you say you wont so please talk to your team so that we can have a meeting wile we are there. thanks:D

Predator
09-09-2005, 12:12 PM
i shall attend if adam daily can go

Hooch
09-09-2005, 01:40 PM
do you need a ride mat?

ecotecracer
09-09-2005, 03:43 PM
hey guys, im from the group that usually plays at intense. I might be able to go and mabye one or two more of us also but we have no idea where Fran Bar is so if u can post some directions that would be a huge help.

Also Big Clips and I run the 10 ring airsoft site so if u would like we can see about bting some supplies like bb's or gas or even accesories and guns, just let one of us know.

One-Zero
09-09-2005, 04:09 PM
I'll go if more than 30-40 people go.

rifleman
09-09-2005, 04:18 PM
dose any one have a digital camera so we can get some pictures of the game?

directions are here:http://www.franbarpark.com/

GrinningMalice
09-09-2005, 05:16 PM
If a decent amount of people go and time/work permits I'll head out as well. I would have extra vests and an MP5A5 (and hopefully my SOCOM) to rent/lend out for the game when I go. I'll try and register soon.

Cody64
09-09-2005, 11:12 PM
Does the owner of Franbar know that there is to be an airsoft event there that day? If not, one of you guys will need to contact him.

Also, you all can count on me showing :).

King
09-09-2005, 11:17 PM
I have a digital camera. I was planning on bringing it anyway.

rifleman
09-09-2005, 11:32 PM
Originally posted by Cody64
Does the owner of Franbar know that there is to be an airsoft event there that day? If not, one of you guys will need to contact him.

Also, you all can count on me showing :).
yup he knows its setup.

SpecialOp7
09-10-2005, 08:02 AM
WEll, i'll prolly be there i'll try to get a ride there.

Fox
09-10-2005, 04:57 PM
Ok somethings I need to know.

1. Starting time.

2. Mission(s) set up.

3. How many people will be coming?

4. Who is leading this event?

5. Is it 100% confirmed?

Right now I am planning on Coming - Probably will bring at least 1 person with me. Trying to get some more of the 08th to come down for that day.

I need to know the basics so I can get some information onto our team site. (www.08eu.com)

SpecialOp7
09-10-2005, 05:36 PM
start time is 10-7

rifleman
09-10-2005, 07:04 PM
i guess iam hosting now but dark oblivion will be doing all the talking at the game,yes it is 100 percent confirmed,i am not really sure about scenarios since i wasnt the one hosting origanly but i think dark might be able to come up with some good scenarios,i definitly wanna play the punisher scenario.i have never hosted a game before and i wasnt really expecting to host this game but i really wanted the game to happen so...

SpecialOp7
09-10-2005, 07:09 PM
i'm young but if i can help out i will.so if you need my help just say.

SpecialOp7
09-10-2005, 07:12 PM
also, do you know how many people are going to be there?

Mattske
09-10-2005, 11:56 PM
Great news i'm now 100% sure i'll be there probly not till around 12 or 1... but i will be there :-D long as UPS dose not screw up my order hah.
and also i said something about a Deagle mag befor i just wanted to

bring that up again, that i would like to ether buy or rent a mag... or even if someone was has a broken one that would be great to if the part i need off of it still works, i could fix the one i have now

Grease Man
09-11-2005, 07:41 PM
iP will be there with about 6 or 7.

rifleman
09-11-2005, 07:51 PM
cool, i am not sure how many ppl will be at the game total should be a good turn out probly 20 or more.

Cody64
09-11-2005, 08:08 PM
Maybe everyone who is going to go should drop you an e-mail or a pm...Then, you'd know for sure how many are going, and could keep things more organized.

Also, how do you plan on dividing the teams? How will we be able to tell one team from the other?

GrinningMalice
09-11-2005, 10:46 PM
I entirely agree. We need to have some sort of formal setup for this because I'm fairly sure more would show if things appeared more organized. I know this may be a first time event hosting for you all, but think of how impressed you could make some people by making your first a great game. I'll do what I can to help because I think it'd be awesome to help get someone a chance at getting some brownie points like that. I know money is an issue in every way, but I'll do what I can...not much, but enough. I'll be bringing all the gear I have for rent/loan to those not happy with their gear or who want a little more. Rifleman, I agree that those who plan on/are attending should post in here and/or email you and then a list should be posted from time to time showing who all is going. I'll help with whatever I can, if you'd like. PM me if you'd like. I'm looking forward to the game. I've been out of the loop for a bit.

Dead_Pool
09-11-2005, 10:54 PM
when dark oblivion and i first discussed this we decided that none of the PUNISHERS will be doing ANY planning for this event. we arent hosting it why should we plan......

all he was going to do was be the voice on the field, which means that he starts and ends each game.

you and your team are hosting,you are responsible for planning game types/scenarios, you would also be responsible for briefing before each game.

Fox
09-12-2005, 12:04 AM
Look, apparently this is going to be a informal thing.

So how about we get to the field, then figure out what's going on.

I'll bring some supplies for a simple CTF type style game. If all goes well, and people are having fun we should be able to at LEAST get some trigger time in.

I know alot of us that are going to be there are going to be preparing for Irene III - thus, we will probably work as one team.

Good assault and defend games would also be fun.

Is the building part still open? Last I heard it wasn't. It would be EXCELLET if that was because we could do some building to building + clearing prep.

Locutus
09-12-2005, 12:08 AM
Originally posted by Foxtrot
Is the building part still open? Last I heard it wasn't. It would be EXCELLET if that was because we could do some building to building + clearing prep.

If its not open, doesnt that only leave the speedball field?

Fox
09-12-2005, 12:20 AM
There is the back woods and the bunker area (pallet/plywood area) as well.

Locutus
09-12-2005, 12:24 AM
I havent been to franbar in awhile, but I thought I heard somewhere that the woods were now gone? I might be mistaken.

Fox
09-12-2005, 12:29 AM
I think I was there the last time you were there dude.

Either Combat missions II or one game after it.... completely forget. It's been ages since I was at Fran Bar.

SpecialOp7
09-12-2005, 06:49 AM
ok, i'm planning on coming but its a 2 hours away from me, if theres only gnna be 20 that kinda stinks but o wel, i agree ppl should pm the ppl plannin

rifleman
09-12-2005, 10:23 AM
Originally posted by raptor_magnum50ae
when dark oblivion and i first discussed this we decided that none of the PUNISHERS will be doing ANY planning for this event. we arent hosting it why should we plan......

all he was going to do was be the voice on the field, which means that he starts and ends each game.

you and your team are hosting,you are responsible for planning game types/scenarios, you would also be responsible for briefing before each game.
ok,i just thought that he would be able to do the briefing for me cause i am not a good public speaker,i will come up with the sceanarios and talk to dark and he could like do the briefing and stuff,so your team wont be doing any planning at all for the game,i just wanted some help.
so in that case dose any one wanna help host?

Hooch
09-12-2005, 11:12 AM
my team has hosted a couple games before i don't se why we couldn't lend a hand

sandinista
09-12-2005, 11:41 AM
Count one more noob in.

Darkstar
09-12-2005, 12:44 PM
Hi all,

I'm concerned that the same thing that happened at the last Fran Bar event will happen again.

First, what rule set is being used? It is the AO rules or something else? No one has made ANY announcements regarding rules or safety on this entire post.

Second, will there be a chronograph on site in order to maintain safety limits? Just curious.

I want to make sure that people hosting events are being responsible and keeping things safe for everyone.

Darkstar out.

Grease Man
09-12-2005, 02:36 PM
I can bring a chrono if one is needed.

SpecialOp7
09-12-2005, 03:22 PM
like i said earlier i'll speak or help out in any way i can, i don't mind talkin out loud . Also, i might be bringing another person with me. Sandista, will you have your utg mp5?

Also whats the aMMO limit

rifleman
09-12-2005, 03:56 PM
Iam not gonna be able to host family emergency,i might be able to come later but iam not sure but if some one else wants to pick up the game feel more than welcome to.

SpecialOp7
09-12-2005, 03:57 PM
I'll help out, is the event still goin through/?

Hillslam
09-12-2005, 04:01 PM
I'll be showing up.

I'm sure we can pull together a fun/semi-organized day even with "communal hosting" - we've got some team regulars showing up, a person with a chrono, looks like cooler weather (finally), and bags of enthusiasm.

Agent Spencer
09-12-2005, 04:04 PM
Yes I'll be there with 2.

Agent Spencer

SpecialOp7
09-12-2005, 06:35 PM
i really need a count of whose coming this is a lil disorganized. lol j.k i think

Hooch
09-12-2005, 07:59 PM
ok guys lets do this sense everybody is saying this is a very disorganized event and nobody is doing anything about it, lets have everybody pm me and i will post the number of people going. and my team will be happy to follow threw with this event unless anybody els wants to

Fox
09-12-2005, 10:04 PM
Or how about this. Everyone come saturday, and we'll do serious playing.

I know some of the members of the 08th will be there, as well as IP. We will most likely want this as a full-gear run through for Irene III, and we will either wear DCU's or Marpat.

So, what it will be is DCU's/Marpat vs. Woodland BDU's. Thus, easy team seperation.

How many people doesn't matter much really in the scheme of things, since teams will be whatever they will be with that set up.

As for what is going on, in the game - We will try to organise it as best as possible - they want us to. If you want us to, then just tell me. And we'll try to work it out as best as possible.

Right now im thinking just keeping it to simple things:

CTF
Assualt

Etc.

Agent Spencer
09-13-2005, 06:01 AM
What about lowly minions with no camo yet? :(

SpecialOp7
09-13-2005, 07:04 AM
i think that an assault, hostage type game wouldbe fun.

Hillslam
09-13-2005, 07:42 AM
Foxtrot - doesn't that that camo setup make it essentially the 8th+iP vs the witless horde?

<---Woodland witless one. Bring it on! :) Nothing better than facing an organized opponent to learn how to get better.

sandinista
09-13-2005, 08:59 AM
I'm with you Hillslam...No better way to learn than to witness it being done right.

Fox
09-13-2005, 09:00 AM
It would all depend on how many people show up.

For example, If 40 people show up and 20 of them have woodland BDU's, and 20 of them have either DCU/Digi/Other (inc. No camo) then it would be pretty even.

If say, 50 show up, 30 in woodland, 20 in DCU/Digi/Other - then it would be 20-30.

I would be fine with playing out numbered - since it's our choice to be different. I just need to get some more feed back from other people that are going to be here that Have things over then Woodland.

Basiclly, with this much time left, there is no real chance of a registration system, or set teams for people to be designated on. And, im trying to set this up because I can get ahold of IP and my team pretty easy.

But, it's all going to come down to the day of the event to figure everything else out.

Hooch
09-13-2005, 09:55 AM
so far by the pms i have receved 17 people will be coming for sure, please pm me if you haven't thanks:D

and foxtrot your matching camo idea sounds great

Phil
09-13-2005, 02:01 PM
maybe an attacj and defend game would be cool
and possibly a game where a team of 7-10 tries to hide in the village, like search and destroy, but with people:D

browny13
09-13-2005, 02:48 PM
that would be a good idea

Big Clips
09-13-2005, 09:07 PM
I will be there, and I am fighting with the 08th in DC atire.

I can also confirm that two other members of Canton Covert are going to show as well.

Ecotecracer (Woodland)
Zinger084 (Woodland)
BigClips (DCU)

Add us to the roster.

Sixes
09-13-2005, 10:14 PM
i may have to leave at around 4:30 ish, but i will still be there!

King
09-14-2005, 01:20 AM
I'm going to have to leave kinda early also. The guy I'm bringing has to be at work at 6pm. And since I'm his ride..........

Hooch
09-14-2005, 06:07 AM
yeh i have to leave early as well, around 4:00. Oh and i'm assuming we still have to register and pay with franbar?

GrinningMalice
09-15-2005, 08:54 AM
Well, unless theres a nice carpool going around the Milford/Eastgate area I won't be able to attend due to gas issues and not wanting to spend 45 bucks on gas on top of the reg. fee and bb's and all that. Ordinarily i wouldnt have a prob. driving 2 hours but with gas....yikes. Hope something works out.

SpecialOp7
09-15-2005, 02:22 PM
i'd carpool. i'm in the milford area, but i'm not able to drive...lol

Phil
09-15-2005, 02:51 PM
i might need an AEG
doesany one have one they'd be willing to lend(not rent)
i just don't want to run out with a hand full of springers and nbb's

GrinningMalice
09-15-2005, 05:26 PM
Well, theres one for a carpool. If we can get a few more to carpool than it'd be cool, otherwise I'll have to pass on the Saturday game. I will be going to the Red Dragon game on Sunday though as a heads up to others going.

Mattske
09-15-2005, 05:52 PM
Hey I've got another problem i was wondering if someone could help me out, I lost my Mini adapter to go my battery to my charger, those with Mini batterys will know what i'm talking about... but i was wondering if when i got there some one could help me out and let me use there adapter and if someone else has a car charger i could use that would be great.

Mean while i'll try and make a makesift adapter with a molex connecter.

SpecialOp7
09-15-2005, 07:14 PM
i'm gonna need a gun for my dad, if any1 has 1 that i can borrow if not, he can just use gas guns.

Grease Man
09-15-2005, 07:17 PM
so do I need to bring a chrono? If not i'm not going to bother packing it all up.

Hooch
09-15-2005, 08:13 PM
personally i don't have a problem being shot with a hot gun as long as the person holding the gun uses it responsibly, but i don't know about the other people coming, so if it not a problem could you?

browny13
09-15-2005, 08:44 PM
Probabbly going to want one, you never know what could happen.

sandinista
09-16-2005, 08:10 AM
specop7,

I have a cheap chinese MP5 that I've loaned to a friend. If I get it back by tommorow morning your Dad may borrow it.

It's not a good gun, but it's something.

SpecialOp7
09-16-2005, 02:28 PM
k is it an UTg? also i just found out that my gun's not here yet so unless some1 can loan me an AEG i can't come. :mad: STinkin Shorty Usa

Cody64
09-16-2005, 11:01 PM
I'll be bringing 4 guns with me, only carrying two on me at a time. You may borrow one of the others, if you promise to be gentle with it ;). I won't charge you to use it, but you'll be responsible for anything you damage...

SpecialOp7
09-17-2005, 06:26 AM
k there AEG's right

Cody64
09-17-2005, 06:45 AM
Yeah, both are AEG's..... There's a chance that you might only be able to use one of them (the other might go to a team mate), so don't come expecting to borrow both. Also, you'll need to supply your own ammo.

There's a TM MP5k PDW, and a FAMAS.

SpecialOp7
09-17-2005, 07:31 AM
Thanks anyways but my dads bein stupid and he won't take me. sorry guys. if it wasn't 2 hr's away i'd be there.

COdy64 thanks anyways.

ostyfreeze
09-18-2005, 09:30 PM
Since we havent heard any feedback on this event I guess it wasnt worth talking about?

Mattske
09-18-2005, 09:45 PM
I showed up late and really don't have much to say, other then I coverd a dang hall way in the "kill house" for about 20 mins just to then be shot between the eyes from god knows where lol and the welt hasn't gone away, but it looks more like an infected pimple then a dang welt lol

Locutus
09-18-2005, 10:22 PM
Originally posted by ostyfreeze
Since we havent heard any feedback on this event I guess it wasnt worth talking about?

http://www.airsoftohio.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=8101

Past event comments go in the "Past Event Comments" forum. Imagine that. :)