PDA

View Full Version : Op Bf 2

Puma
06-25-2005, 09:37 PM
So after weeks of preparation and training, buying equipment, etc, Blind Fury 2 has come and gone.

I'd like to thanks all who developed the story line and worked out the finer details of the missions, objectives, and getting things where they needed to be (bases, flags, radios, etc)

Blade and Hardlock, you guys did an outstanding job with this event and I am sorry that the heat prevented this event from going off entirely.

To Kreigers, good job you guys. No matter what anyone else says we did well and fought hard. We just happened to have heat that wouldn't let up.

To the Redneck Rampagers and the rest of Fifth Squad from Kreigers, it was my honor to lead you in battle today. I just hope you guys had fun.

To our oppenents (Tropicos and Russians), Bravo. You guys fought well. It was fun to hold down the fort against your assaults.

Finally to Glaeken. It was fun to try and bribe you for intel.

Crossfire
06-26-2005, 10:35 AM
I would just like to thank everyone for making the event fun, even though it was cut short about 4 and half hours. When good health is at risk, that should take priority over fun. But, after making that comment, I think I can safely say that 85% of Kreigers, if we had had a half hour break, would have been able to go the rest of the day without almost any problems, if our HQ had been moved into the tree line.

In all honesty, my squad (4) had a blast most of the time. We made heavy contact within the first 20 minutes of moving out from HQ, and that kept up for sometime. I was healing Kreigers left and right, and my supplies were starting to run low. Aegis, we can all talk about the AM stuff in out private forums.

Again I would just like to thank the Strikers for putting on another great event, even though getting cut short. I would like to thank the Tropicos, you guys always manage to put up a good fight, even though we almost always have you out numbered. But I bet having the russians with you helped a little:rolleyes:

And Kreigers, everyone I saw fought hard and played by the rules, and from the looks of it, as long as they werent over heating, were having a great time. And dont worry, we'll finish the Tropicos and dirty russians next time......

Grease Man
06-26-2005, 11:09 AM
Thanks for a great event everyone, especially Blade, Hardlock, and all the rest of the Strikers.

I think it was a very smart move to call the game. Physical health should always take priority over airsoft. About 2min before I got the word on the radio that the game was called I came upon two Kriegers that looked exhausted and about to pass out.

I had a great time at the game. These mag rules are really growing on me. Congrats to both Kriegers and Tropicos for an outstanding day of airsoft.

HardLock
06-26-2005, 06:29 PM
Thanks to all that showed up and endured the heat, especially our out-of-state guests. Too bad things got cut short because of the heat. Unfortunately, neither team found any parts to the Russian Plasma Weapon. It would have changed the balance of power greatly. I'll have Blade post the master map and weapon plans on STRIKERS website http://teamstrikers.com/web/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&p=12945#12945 so everyone can see where things were hide and what COULD have been.

I did receive a half dozen complaints about supermen (players not calling hits when BB's obviously bouncing off them) on BOTH sides, so lets PLEASE not even bring up that subject. We were aware of the situation and would have taken action if other health related issues hadn't taken priority.

An EXTRA special thanks to the 20 or so players that stuck around on Sunday to play 5hrs of short "fun" games. You guys are hardcore!

See you all at BF3!
:D

FlyBoy
06-28-2005, 07:39 AM
Thanks to Blade and all the Strikers for a great weekend.
Had a blast, even on Sunday when the turnout was around 16. Short games were even more fun.

Too bad on calling the game early, but last thing we need is fatality or serious injury due to heat stroke or dehydration.

THanks Again to everyone for a great weekend.

THX
06-28-2005, 10:49 AM
I went home and immediately puked all the gatorade I had drank that day, took a handful of aspirin, fell into a coma on the bed with a fan directly on me and about 4 hours later voila - good as new. God Bless whoever had the balls to call it when they did because I for one would have tried to keep going and I can only imagine what that situation would have led to. I have a new appreciation for our folks in the middle east dealing with an extra 20 - 30 degrees on a daily basis.

Couple things I learned this time out - when defending an installation have all your mags laid out where you can get to them quickly in a rush attack, have you pistol handy and off safe, and I think it would have been a good idea to setup a lean-to of branches with leaves on me to keep the sun off if you are stuck in a ditch in the sun.

Zorak
06-28-2005, 07:35 PM
I salute the Strikers for having the courage to call it when the heat began to take its toll.

I very much enjoy the Krieger-Tropico storyline, but I'd also like to break continuity a little and move the bases around. The clearing at the bottom of the hill is a horrid place for a base in midsummer, and this is the third op where the Kriegers have been trying to assault the Tropicos over the same ground, more or less - except it's been a longer walk since we got nuked. :)

Nosebuckle
06-29-2005, 02:23 AM
I had a great time up until everything was cancelled, just as things were getting interesting...Thank you Strikers for another well-planned event. A little lost + found...I left my marpat woodland digital boonie hat hanging on a tree branch in the Tropico HQ, if anyone picked it up I would appreciate you letting me know, thanks.

Blade
06-29-2005, 05:32 AM
Zorak, we are hearing you and to tell you the truth, we were hoping Kreigers would kicked some a$$ so we could finally change the field layout for the future :p

We are now serioudly thinking of scrapping this whole storyline and start from fresh, but before doing so, we have to compile all we got and see if it would worth it to do so.

Munin
06-29-2005, 10:20 AM
I don't even think you need to break continuity to do it. How about something like this: "Due to the continued and tenacious Tropico insurgency and the renewed presence of violent Russian crime gangs, Kreiger politicians have finally come to the realization that they cannot continue to hold the lowlands and surrender the highlands to the enemy. As such, the Kreiger military has been authorized to establish a forward operating area in the highlands as an attempt to interdict Tropico forces before they can reach the lowlands. After all, the best defense is a good offense. Furthermore, incursions into sovereign Tropico territories across the border have not been ruled out once the insurgency is dealt with..."

Crossfire
06-29-2005, 05:00 PM
I have to agree with Munin on that blade. The story line you came up with is too deep to just start it all over. A few tweeks here and there and you could just continue the whole series.

Plus, I think I can safely talk for everyone who participated, that we all want to see who will come out on top at the end of this thing (if there will ever be an end to it....)

Blade
06-29-2005, 06:37 PM
LOL, when I said scrapping the storyline, I just meant we would restart with a new one but still involving Kreigers and Tropicos, just with different locations.

Don't worry folks, we are working on this, we will have a good storyline following BF2.

Bookie Phi Si
06-29-2005, 09:33 PM
The way I see it, is that the Kreigers are DEAD no if's, and's, or butts about it, figure it out we (Tropicos) remain undefeated Kreigers cant handle the full scale assault we have put them through each and everytime, this last time was so bad they QUIT!!!!!! GIVE UP KREIGERS WE OWN YOU!! figure out something new! this has gotten to the point that it's actually boring!!! C.E.L.L. will no longer attend these events until something is put together that actually makes sense!!! after the last event i can only see this type of play as a joke.. NOT MILISM!!! i have never been to an event and actually had a game called for heat i personally thought that was BS.....Kreigers give up!!! Munin surrender cuz you dont stand a chance!!!!! I still want a refund!! I wont blame Blade or Strikers i blame Stupidity!!! Quiters!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HardLock
06-29-2005, 09:36 PM
Just an Item of Interest. When we stripped the field of props, we did not find all 10 satellite dishes. Was anyone in process of transporting a dish when game was called? Did someone hide a dish elsewhere on field? If so, please PM me with location so your team can get credit. Thx

I just saw this: this last time was so bad they QUIT . Whoever you are you don't understand the severity of the situation. several people could have DIED if the game hadn't been called. We have trained medical personnel that can verify that claim. If you didn't like the game style, and are more concerned about your own fun than safety of fellow players, than I have no problem with NEVER seeing you at one of our events again. Congratulations on being first name on banned player list. See ya. :mad:

Bookie Phi Si
06-29-2005, 09:49 PM
well if im banned for wanting to play an event out that i payed $50 for, you know where you can stick my $50!!! i still want $25 back!!!! you and your so called paint-softers!!!!!! Dont get me started BOY!!!

HardLock
06-29-2005, 09:56 PM
No problem. Post you name and address (so everyone will know who the whiner is) and I will PERSONALLY send you a refund. And if you think the event wasn't MilSim enough (when 2/3 of objectives had yet to be discovered), then lets see what CELL can do. I look forward to your event announcement.

Bookie Phi Si
06-29-2005, 09:58 PM
GHETTOBRICK!!!! dont call me a whiner i didnt QUIT!!!!!!!!!

Bookie Phi Si
06-29-2005, 10:01 PM
how can you get objectives completed when the other side decides to quit send my money!!!

Ray Willis
3014 Euclid hts blvd
Cleveland Heights, Ohio 44118

It's called Training!!!! but you or your Team would'nt know anything about that!!! lmao

HardLock
06-29-2005, 10:12 PM
Check is in the mail. A small price to pay. Enjoy your life in Exile. :)

Glaeken
06-29-2005, 10:25 PM
Bookie/Ghettobrick,

I don't understand the thought process for placing your personal gaming experience ABOVE the welfare of your fellow gamers.

When ANY perspective organizer puts on an event their number one concern is the safety and well-being of the players.
This has always been and ever shall be our priority - the safety and well-being of the players.

We stand by the decision to cancel the game.
You should take an objective look into your own priorities and decide if your character allows you to interact with people that put the welfare of others before themselves.

Your ignorance of real medical conditions does not excuse your deplorable behavior shown by your posts.

I think you owe your fellow gamers an apology!

Bookie Phi Si
06-29-2005, 10:26 PM
Look i've been playing at these events (Blind Fury, Revolution, and the rest) I am 34 and have at least enough gull to come and let everyone here and Team Strikers know that the last 3 events have been nothing but BS i started not to post until i realized that everyone hear posting if so full of it, and the Strikers are'nt what they are cracked up to be(joke), and im just sick of it!!!! i got took for $25 at the last 10 man event they held. I not rich!!! i dedicate myself to these events for a reason I love airsoft!!! but i dont have time for some little kid or none trained adult (A weekend warrior) to ruin it for me i drive a long way as do others. If you knew it was going to be hot prepare for that then... like i said Stupidity was the reason the game was called. Not Being Prepared for whatever the situation was!!! Im DONE!!!! please send my refund!!! lets see how many you get at your next event!!

Glaeken
06-29-2005, 10:29 PM
I still think you owe your fellow gamers an apology!

Never have I met such a beligerent ignoramus.
Do you realize that the professionally trained medical personnel onsite would have placed their own well-being at risk to treat YOU had the need arisen?

Knock that chip off your shoulder it's cutting the blood supply to your brain.

Bookie Phi Si
06-29-2005, 10:30 PM
for 1 we were out numbered badly from the start have they scrub players who were claiming heat stroke sit out then!!!! DUH!!!!! Tropico's buried them face it!!! theres an old saying," if you cant stand the heat get the $%^ out the kitchen!!"

Bookie Phi Si
06-29-2005, 10:32 PM
Originally posted by Glaeken
I still think you owe your fellow gamers an apology! you owe me an apology for having me drive all that way for some BS!!!

Bookie Phi Si
06-29-2005, 10:33 PM
Originally posted by HardLock
Check is in the mail. A small price to pay. Enjoy your life in Exile. :) enjoying!! make that X 4 for the rest of my TEAM!!!

HardLock
06-29-2005, 10:34 PM
Lets see how many YOU get at YOUR next event. :)

BTW, your check has been issued and WILL go out in mail Thursday.

Slaya360
06-29-2005, 10:35 PM
Wow, where do I begin...

Ok, I'm not sure if you actually saw the krieger base camp, but it was in the middle of an open field. The were no trees for shade, only a tent, which wasn't large enough for all of us. The water we had didn't exactly stay refreshingly cool. Not trying to be a whiner, but the sun can take a toll on you under the right conditions.

Kreigers cant handle the full scale assault we have put them through each and everytime
While I won't deny the excellent fighting that the Tropico's have done, I wouldn't exactly say that we Krieger's have just folded over. Assuming that you were at Rising City, you may remember that we nearly overtook your hospital, and from what I heard, we would have if there hadn't been some confusion on the respawn rules.

I would also like to point out that not only do we have our base to defend, but we also have the UDF, which splits up our troops. Also, we had two enemy bases to consider, unlike that of the Tropico who really only needed to worry about the Krieger base.

this last time was so bad they QUIT
One thing you may want to note, we didn't exactly quit. The game was called by the organizers. As THX mentioned, he would have kept on playing, as we all would have. Maybe you should read his post about his experience. And just maybe you should go to the 3 men that where treated for HEAT STROKE, and I believe went to the hospitcal, and tell them that they are quiters. Because the way I see it, they gave it there all, they gave it more that what they had. I know I'd be ashamed to call THEM quiters.

Another thing for you to consider is that the game would have more than likely been called shortly afterward anyway do to thunderstorms. Give up your complaining, mother nature just didn't want us to finish the game.

GIVE UP KREIGERS WE OWN YOU
You also may want to thank the Russian's while your spitting on us. I do believe that they helped you out just a little bit.

this has gotten to the point that it's actually boring!!! C.E.L.L. will no longer attend these events
I can't speak for everyone else, but personally, I had a blast. I thought both days were excellent. I don't know your personal experience, maybe you got owned and your disgruntled about it and thought that you would do better against a group of burning corpses. But everyone else that I talked to enjoyed every minute of OP: Blind Fury 2.

And incase you haven't caught on yet, If this is going to be your attidude, I'm right their with Hardlock. I won't miss you a bit.

Dont get me started BOY!!!
Perhaps your not familiar with Hardlock but he's probably old enough to be your dad(no offence Hardlock:) ) And judging from the maturity level your displaying, your probably old enough to be his great grandson.

Bookie Phi Si
06-29-2005, 10:40 PM

Perhaps your not familiar with Hardlock but he's probably old enough to be your dad(no offence Hardlock:) ) And judging from the maturity level your displaying, your probably old enough to be his great grandson. [/B][/QUOTE] I Know, but you can be his boy toy!!:D

Bookie Phi Si
06-29-2005, 10:42 PM
Good Luck STRIKERS with all ur events!! i at least hope you learn something from this. I apologize to any Tropicos that came and wasted money.

Bookie Phi Si
06-29-2005, 10:44 PM
Lets see how many YOU get at YOUR next event. :)

BTW, your check has been issued and WILL go out in mail Thursday. It will be more than 10 I can promise you that!!!

HardLock
06-29-2005, 10:47 PM
Oh, I think we have ALL learned something from this. Right guys? :D

On another field related topic: We did a temperature test on field Sunday. The TAN dirt was 108 degrees. Anything DARK colored was 120+ degrees. Kreiger went through over 20 gallons of water in 3+ hours. We dumped out 8 full gallons of water at Tropico base on Sunday. What does that tell you? It was damn hot in the exposed areas!! :(

Glaeken
06-29-2005, 10:50 PM
:D

Originally posted by Bookie Phi Si"I apologize to any Tropicos that came ..."

At least it's a start.:(

Bookie Phi Si
06-29-2005, 11:05 PM
Oh, I think we have ALL learned something from this. Right guys? :D

On another field related topic: We did a temperature test on field Sunday. The TAN dirt was 108 degrees. Anything DARK colored was 120+ degrees. Kreiger went through over 20 gallons of water in 3+ hours. We dumped out 8 full gallons of water at Tropico base on Sunday. What does that tell you? It was damn hot in the exposed areas!! :( BOO HOO!!!

Fox
06-29-2005, 11:22 PM
I beleive people are starting to loose site of what airsoft is:

Airsoft is a Game - Nothing more.

You want people to push them selves so far they Need to go to the hospital? Worst case - Die? Go for it, you'll be in jail for Homicide. Airsoft will have a huge black eye, and insurance for airsoft will be non-existant - which makes airsoft totally ill-legit. And knowing how springfield is - that is the WRONG field to be pushing so hard on. If it was a flat area, sure. People could sit and take breaks easily. Unfortunately, playing with such extreme hill sides and such - Its the only thing responsibly that could of been done. Don't come back if you don't like it. Call me a whatever. But I've been out there. I've done landscaping for 6 years - July's the worst. I've hunted in Colorado - Think Springfield hills are bad? Try being at 10,000 feet, and having to climb a hill just as steep - but for a half mile. In 70-80 degree weather. With a backpack on, a real gun, and ammo. You break ever 100 or so yards. Whatever you say you've trained for or do, or whatever - I've done it, and more. But I still completely agree with the Striker's choice of cancelling the event, weather - can cause unexpected things. Sure, start earlier, end earlier. Or take a break durring the hottest times. But, no matter the choice - It's dangerous to play out in this weather, in so much gear, and so much clothing. Read the news - See how many deaths are caused by this heat already. 18 in italy, I know in Youngstown we have had a ton of people (epidemic) sent to the hospital over heat related incidents. Heck, we even had to close our office for a day because the A/C broke, and with the fumes from all the Solvents/Oils/Fuels mixing - it became a health hazard. How many thousands of dollars did we loose because we were closed for 6 hours? Either way - wasn't enough to risk an Employee's life.

Right now, you're acting bluntly, like a rude, ignorent, *******. And I'm glad you're not going to be at anymore of the Striker's events. Nor anything the 08th ever does again.

Don't want to play with weekend warriors? Then go somewhere else. I don't know more then 10 people who would ever agree with you. When people's lives are at risk - You stop playing, end of story.

HardLock
06-29-2005, 11:33 PM
Foxtrot,

Just so you know, we DID explore possibility of taking a 2-3 hour break to let people try to recover and extend game later (8PM vs 6PM). Unfortunately, several players on Tropico had schedule conflicts with that idea and it was not an option. We therefore had no choice but to call the game when we did. You are exactly right. Its a game. No use dying over a game.

Believe me, I am probably MORE disappointed with shortness of game than anyone. A lot of hard preparation work was for nothing.

Fox
06-29-2005, 11:38 PM
I understand :) Not blaming you for it - nor would anyone really do so, beyond saying "Oh damn that sucks." In the majority of cases. I know for me - Living in Youngstown, it's a 4 hour drive home. So, leaving at 6pm means I would get home some time after 10 to 11 (give or take on traffic and such) Where, leaving at 8pm, would put me in around midnight to 1 am. And, running around all day, waking up at 4-5am to get down there in time for the start and prep time. Which... driving with little rest, working all day, etc. Would... not be good thing for a drive home at night.

Anyway. My little spiel is over.

Bookie Phi Si
06-29-2005, 11:41 PM
Originally posted by Foxtrot
I beleive people are starting to loose site of what airsoft is:

Airsoft is a Game - Nothing more.

You want people to push them selves so far they Need to go to the hospital? Worst case - Die? Go for it, you'll be in jail for Homicide. Airsoft will have a huge black eye, and insurance for airsoft will be non-existant - which makes airsoft totally ill-legit. And knowing how springfield is - that is the WRONG field to be pushing so hard on. If it was a flat area, sure. People could sit and take breaks easily. Unfortunately, playing with such extreme hill sides and such - Its the only thing responsibly that could of been done. Don't come back if you don't like it. Call me a whatever. But I've been out there. I've done landscaping for 6 years - July's the worst. I've hunted in Colorado - Think Springfield hills are bad? Try being at 10,000 feet, and having to climb a hill just as steep - but for a half mile. In 70-80 degree weather. With a backpack on, a real gun, and ammo. You break ever 100 or so yards. Whatever you say you've trained for or do, or whatever - I've done it, and more. But I still completely agree with the Striker's choice of cancelling the event, weather - can cause unexpected things. Sure, start earlier, end earlier. Or take a break durring the hottest times. But, no matter the choice - It's dangerous to play out in this weather, in so much gear, and so much clothing. Read the news - See how many deaths are caused by this heat already. 18 in italy, I know in Youngstown we have had a ton of people (epidemic) sent to the hospital over heat related incidents. Heck, we even had to close our office for a day because the A/C broke, and with the fumes from all the Solvents/Oils/Fuels mixing - it became a health hazard. How many thousands of dollars did we loose because we were closed for 6 hours? Either way - wasn't enough to risk an Employee's life.

Right now, you're acting bluntly, like a rude, ignorent, *******. And I'm glad you're not going to be at anymore of the Striker's events. Nor anything the 08th ever does again.

Don't want to play with weekend warriors? Then go somewhere else. I don't know more then 10 people who would ever agree with you. When people's lives are at risk - You stop playing, end of story. If lives were at risk i can understand!!! those but i was out there in the sun as well, though our HQ wasnt posted in the middle of a feild with no trees( Stupidity) we still endured the heat i personally seen more people concerned with face paint!! than covering their heads with a Hat or boonie or shemaugh, thats why i say that the people who ran in to these promblems were'nt prepared!!! that's reason to call an event? How many people were about to die from heat related illness? 1, 2, or even 3 have them sit out!!!! or quit!!! don't make this out to be more than it is, especially if you werent there (at the past 3 events) I have a right to give my opinion on what happened!! I didnt quite know lives were at stake!!! Who went to the hospital? who came near death? put ur name and address here so i can send you a get well card:o

snipe
06-30-2005, 02:34 AM
Are you seriously 35? you sound like a little 13yr old who sits in front of the computer all day.

We were placed in the corn field due to past events. Rising City the field was a perfect place because it was so well defencible. im not exactly sure that the strikers anticipated 120degree weather... who would?

Were you there driving your car down to us giving us water? were you stopping everything and leaving the event to even buy the water?

your base was inside the woods. it is colder in the woods use common sence. you do at time leave the shade but you still respawn back in the woods! we had to make the huge treck down the hills and through the corn field to respawn. i had ditched my gear because of heat and when i went back the water in my camel back was scolding. how about next event your invincible team CELL have you HQ in the corn field and we see how you last?

the strikers are allowing us to play on this field. they spent the time to setup the event. and they called off the game for our well being. cant you give them some respsct for that? This means they even cared about what YOU had to say but you were outvoted. Its milsim buddy Chain of command makes the rules. Chain of command voted to end the game. so how are you more "hardcore" going against your co?

Strikers i just want to say thank you for such an awesome event. And thank you for canceling it. I along with others there would have continued to play and probably went to the hospital along with them.

Blade
06-30-2005, 02:38 AM
Ok folks, I think we all got the point. Heat is a ***** to deal with and we all learned a lesson from this event.

Ghettobrick, I would like to officially apologize for cancelling the game on you and your pals. I am the kind of guy that would have dropped dead before stopping but for once, I thought for others and put safety first. If stopping the event 3 hours earlier prevented us to carry even just one player to the hospital, I think it justify our decision to stop the event earlier.

As your refund will be mailed soon, would you mind to send us back the bbs and price that you won? because afterall, that would be unfair for the other players :p

For those that stayed after the raffle, I just hope you had fun...even with the rain and wind LOL......(the big canopy rolled 100ft between the cars and tents).

EDIT: If someone else wants a refund, please email me at blade@teamstrikers.com , I will personally take care of them.

Bookie Phi Si
06-30-2005, 08:32 AM
Originally posted by strikers_blade
Ok folks, I think we all got the point. Heat is a ***** to deal with and we all learned a lesson from this event.

Ghettobrick, I would like to officially apologize for cancelling the game on you and your pals. I am the kind of guy that would have dropped dead before stopping but for once, I thought for others and put safety first. If stopping the event 3 hours earlier prevented us to carry even just one player to the hospital, I think it justify our decision to stop the event earlier.

As your refund will be mailed soon, would you mind to send us back the bbs and price that you won? because afterall, that would be unfair for the other players :p

For those that stayed after the raffle, I just hope you had fun...even with the rain and wind LOL......(the big canopy rolled 100ft between the cars and tents).

EDIT: If someone else wants a refund, please email me at blade@teamstrikers.com , I will personally take care of them. Blade, this was not a personal attack on you nor the Strikers I started this post by stating Kriegers should just give up!!! they have lost the BF series, until I was personally attacked by Hardlock(by saying im banned) and other little kids here..IF YOUR NOT 18 OR OVER HAVE YOUR _PARENTS POST ALL REPLYS FOR YOU ON THIS ONE PLEASE!!!....... Here is what i personally saw at the last 3 events

1. Cheaters (i'll post names if need be)

2. lack of organization

3. lack of participation

4. Whing galore at the events and after in aar reports

5. cancelations

6.after 3 events we still have had no outcome !!every other event i've been to has usaully has a winner or a LOSER!

7. 1 of the 3 events was our 5 man squad versus all.( the cancelation was posted at 5AM when most of us are on the road already.)all 12 people might i add

8. we never get intel before or after the events for example "Are the bomb parts in the feild or do the russians have them?" A:" i dont know". Things like that.

9.swaying events

10. and the only limitations that are needed are age limitation! (I like mag limatations

:D ) I can tell you this im not the only one who sees it this way(i'll post names if i have too) Im just the one who happened to bring this subject to light. Sorry it had to be me, but after reading all the sillyness just thought i would get things off my chest. Thank you and Strikers for all your efforts. I know it can be tough. So dont think this was a personal attack it wasnt!! I just hope it was a wake up call! "Ghettobrick" is done with this topic!!!

Bookie Phi Si
06-30-2005, 08:37 AM
Originally posted by snipe
Are you seriously 35? you sound like a little 13yr old who sits in front of the computer all day.

We were placed in the corn field due to past events. Rising City the field was a perfect place because it was so well defencible. im not exactly sure that the strikers anticipated 120degree weather... who would?

Were you there driving your car down to us giving us water? were you stopping everything and leaving the event to even buy the water?

your base was inside the woods. it is colder in the woods use common sence. you do at time leave the shade but you still respawn back in the woods! we had to make the huge treck down the hills and through the corn field to respawn. i had ditched my gear because of heat and when i went back the water in my camel back was scolding. how about next event your invincible team CELL have you HQ in the corn field and we see how you last?

the strikers are allowing us to play on this field. they spent the time to setup the event. and they called off the game for our well being. cant you give them some respsct for that? This means they even cared about what YOU had to say but you were outvoted. Its milsim buddy Chain of command makes the rules. Chain of command voted to end the game. so how are you more "hardcore" going against your co?

Strikers i just want to say thank you for such an awesome event. And thank you for canceling it. I along with others there would have continued to play and probably went to the hospital along with them. as for you .... What event were you at? you ****

The Tick
06-30-2005, 09:28 AM
Dont get me started BOY!!!

You seem to be self starting to me. I'm not going to argue this with you. I was one of the people treating the heat stroke victims. It was a real issue. We found out later that, due to heat, humidity and smog, there was an advisory against outdoor activity (heard it on the radio Sunday). I thought it was dangerous to continue but I was not one of the organizers so that is just my oppinion.

At the end of the day it comes down to this. If you hate our events, don't come. You are the only one carrying on like this. Does that tell you anything?

Slaya360
06-30-2005, 10:04 AM
Originally posted by Bookie Phi Si
Blade, this was not a personal attack on you nor the Strikers I started this post by stating Kriegers should just give up!!! they have lost the BF series, until I was personally attacked by Hardlock(by saying im banned) and other little kids here..IF YOUR NOT 18 OR OVER HAVE YOUR _PARENTS POST ALL REPLYS FOR YOU ON THIS ONE PLEASE!!!....... Here is what i personally saw at the last 3 events

1. Cheaters (i'll post names if need be)

2. lack of organization

3. lack of participation

4. Whing galore at the events and after in aar reports

5. cancelations

6.after 3 events we still have had no outcome !!every other event i've been to has usaully has a winner or a LOSER!

7. 1 of the 3 events was our 5 man squad versus all.( the cancelation was posted at 5AM when most of us are on the road already.)all 12 people might i add

8. we never get intel before or after the events for example "Are the bomb parts in the feild or do the russians have them?" A:" i dont know". Things like that.

9.swaying events

10. and the only limitations that are needed are age limitation! (I like mag limatations

:D ) I can tell you this im not the only one who sees it this way(i'll post names if i have too) Im just the one who happened to bring this subject to light. Sorry it had to be me, but after reading all the sillyness just thought i would get things off my chest. Thank you and Strikers for all your efforts. I know it can be tough. So dont think this was a personal attack it wasnt!! I just hope it was a wake up call! "Ghettobrick" is done with this topic!!!

Now this was good, for the most part you stayed calm, you were stating your thoughts and opinions, spelling was good, and you weren't trying to mock or make fun of anyone. Whether or not I agree with what you are saying doesn't quite matter, but you did say it in somewhat of a dignified manner. I thought maybe you were finally starting to calm down and talk maturely.

as for you .... What event were you at? you ****
And then your ruined it.

Munin
06-30-2005, 10:51 AM
Ghettobrick, you're a moron, and I mean that in the nicest possible way. Had you spent any time at the Krieger HQ, you'd understand how hot it was out there. Had you spent all day there, they might have been carrying you off the field. Every time Kreigers came to respawn, reload, and reorganize, it wasn't in the cool shade of the woods - it was in the heat of the blazing sun. I tried my best to rotate my squads such that no one had to spend too much time out in the open, but even with that we still had people succumbing to heat. As for being "prepared" for the heat, give me a break. I personally went through over 2.5 gallons of water in a little over 3.5 hours. It still wasn't enough, because I was feeling the intial effects of heat too. And I wasn't running around shooting people all day, unlike some of my squads who went out to engage Tropicos and Russians again and again.

I was on your side at Safari Strike and you saw us keep going all day. Hell, you and I were working together at one point. You know me well enough to know that I'm am not a quitter. But what I am all about is safety. Peoples' safety was at risk. I can not in good conscience continue to push people when they are in danger of serious physical injury. I take my leadership role at the BF series seriously, and what kind of leader would I be if I put your fun above the safety and health of my guys?

As for a winner and a loser, let's look at the results of the Blind Fury series, shall we? Blade has said from the beginning that this series isn't about winning and losing, it's about continuity. After Tropico failed to deliver the dirty bomb at BF1, there was a contamination site. In the meantime, we successfully poisoned 5 of 6 wells - which while impressive means that we also failed. The dirty bomb led to the creation of the UDF at Rising City, which (if you will remember correctly) it was actually the UN (not the Tropicos) who finally raided it successfully. You may also remember the Kreiger forces hammering the Tropico HQ that day (you should, I remember seeing you there - dead). At BF2 we successfully raided your HQ/village complex within the first 20 minutes of the game, and it was only with the help of the Russians (who had already been beaten back from our HQ twice) that you guys made your successful raid. We do all this going uphill into the fire of an entrenched enemy force. Time after time. Yes, for the last two events we've outnumbered you, but you have to admit that you have a serious terrain advantage in all those high ridges, and we always have to come to you to accomplish our objectives.

Have we been perfect? Not by a long shot. We had a bad blue-on-blue engagement at BF2 that hurt us badly for no gain. But we're out there every time getting it done. So don't ever claim that you've "whipped" us or "put our noses" in it, because you haven't.

I'm totally cool with the way Strikers run the Blind Fury series. I like the continuity much better than I like knowing who "won" or who "lost." Why is that? Because my ego is not my most prized posession and my self worth as a human being is not tied up in competition in a GAME. I drove just as far as you did to come to this event, probably farther. Even though we only played for 3.5 hours, I still feel like I got my money's worth. Hell, I felt like I had been playing for a year by the time I walked off the field. Whine about a refund if you want, but they get to keep my money.

Oscar
06-30-2005, 12:20 PM
Airsoft is a pretty competitive sport. Some people take it more seriously than others. It's a male dominated sport. Try as we like, testosterone will always rear its ugly head. I've been guilty of it myself. I'm just glad that even after conflict we all come together time and time again and play, because airsoft is so much fun. At the end of the day it doesn't matter who won, but that we all had fun and showed our war face.

I remember how hot it was at Safari Strike. I was drained at that event. I can just imagine what this op was like. I know I would've welcomed the cancellation if my team had to spend the majority of the time in the hot sun. At Safari Strike we did just that at the HQ. I was drained, but I kept going as best I could. Actually, I was disappointed in how weak I felt. Heat has a way of doing that. During that op one of my teammates fell ill due to heat and had to be carted off the field. While I wasn't at attendance at the op in question, I understand the importance of staying cool and knowing when to call it quits.

The last thing I want to see is someone have serious complications or die from heat. I don't care how hardcore your team is---this is a game. If it were reality I think we'd find a way to push on, but this isn't real war and we have that luxury of being able to call an event. So, sure... why not save some people from having heat stroke? I'm all for it. Live to play another day.

I look at it this way... I can always come back at a later date and kick some aspencade. I live for that rush. If I get angry at people I try to channel that back into my game in a positive way and strive to do better and show them defeat. :p I may not succeed, but it's better than bringing it back to the forum and starting a ruckus. And yes, I've been guilty of it too, but I try to be a good person.

While I may not agree with some of you all of the time, I still respect you all as players and love to be on the field with or against you. You all are what makes airsoft in Ohio fun. No matter what muck we drag ourselves through at these ops, we seem to always come out shining at the end of the day.

Airsoft is like politics in a way. There will always be partisan bickering, but when push comes to shove we all come together for the common goal--to kick each other all over the field again.

Regards.

Zorak
06-30-2005, 02:37 PM
I've always liked Blade's idea of not announcing a winner after each Op and focusing on plot points instead. What's the point? Winning can obscure mistakes made by the winning team, while the losing team will always be ready to argue inferior numbers, unfair objectives, bias by the Shadow Squad, and fifteen other things they think held them back.

I came to BF2 to have fun and play airsoft. I had fun and played airsoft. I'll be back.

Aegis
06-30-2005, 02:58 PM
After we had to get a couple people off the field due to heat exhaustion, the organizers were talking with tick and I (the ones who came down for initial treatment at the Krieger HQ) about cancelling or postponing, since we had just gotten a look at everyone down there, and had seen how bad that one in particular had been. As the chief medical officer, I fully supported and agreed with a postponement/cancellation. Whichever needed to happen to get those people off the field for a few hours. As it turned out, there were massive schedule problems which prevented a simple postponement/delay, and as such, the day was called.

If anyone wants to blame anyone in particular, focus blame on me, because I was the one who was looked to for the final medical call on the situation.

I ended up treating 6 people personally; for hyperthermia, heat cramps, heat exhaustion, and one for opening stages of heat stroke. I treated dozens more from all three sides for general residual effects (dizziness, headaches, etc). If left unchecked, the most minor of heat emergencies results in death, nearly 100% of the time. This is not stuff to fool around with.

We had a unique situation we previously had not encountered and which we could not have predicted in entirity until the day of the event. Pollution index was incredibly high, due to a high pressure ssytem forcing it all to the ground. This meant our bodies processed far less oxygen per breath than usual, resulting in already restricted function of cellular perfusion (the process by which the body regulates disposal of cellular waste and supplies oxygen to cells through blood flow in the capillaries). Add to this an elevated environmental temperature and humidity and we were in a bad situation.

The way the body cools itself is through conduction, evaporation, radiation, convection, and respiration. We usually dissapate heat by breathing cooler air in and hotter air out. The air we were inhaling was warmer than the air we were exhaling so we had no heat loss there and in fact we actually added to the heat build up in our bodies by simply breathing. We continued to lose moisture with every breath thereby making dehydration onset hit even faster. The skin usually aids in the thermal dispersal process by radiating heat like a giant heat sink, but it was absorbing more heat than it was losing (i confirmed this via IR thermal readings off of players skin). The massive amounts of gear and clothing worn aided in this heat entrapment situation. So again, we were taking in more heat, and losing none. Adding in high humidity slows the evaporation of perspiration, which is shutting down yet another of our bodies heat dispersal mechanisms. To make it even worse, consider all these factors in an environment that lacks circulating air or a breeze, which would increase convection and evaporative heat loss. Every mechanism by which the body gets rid of excess heat was shut down, or was actually working to INCREASE internal temperatures.

Since it was humid, and we know evaporative heat loss is reduced, that means we have moist heat trapped against our bodies. Moist heat causes rapid and dramatic changes in a very short time. It causes people to tire quickly, but if they push through it, they hurt themselves through overexertion. Continuing to work through the heat pushes the body far beyond what it can tolerate.

I didn't need to see people collapsing or even out of breath and thirsty to know we had people in danger out there.

As we sweat, we lose salts, which bring on muscle cramps and fatigue. Typical sweat loss for an active adult is about 1 litre per hour. You lose additional water due to other bodily processes, respirations, etc. Fluid and salt loss bring about heat exhaustion, which, believe it or not, is a form a shock. The first symptoms of which are cramps, weakness, dizziness, rapid and shallow breathing, weak pulse, heavy sweating. I don't think there was more than 10 people in the whole event that didn't fit this description. Thats a BAD sign. At even just THIS level of heat exposure, you're supposed to transport to a hospital. If an Ambulance or a Paramedic unit from the local firestation had been on scene, probably every single person out there would have been in a hospital or having to sign AMA (against medical advice) slips.

The event was called with good reason. Nobody was stopping when they should have been, and people were on the border of far worse and far more deadly situations. We had a couple people crossing the line into the heat stroke realm (when you stop sweating, dilated pupils, altered mental status, and we get onset of seizures), which is a true emergency, and thats when it was ultimately decided, whether people complained or not, that the event had to be delayed or cancelled. I actually had to hook a person up to 15LPM Oxygen flow as part of a treatment process for the first time in ohio airsofting event history and I had to stand by for over a half hour monitoring the cooling process and continuing vitals checks to make sure he was getting better. One fraction of a degree up on either radiant body temperature or oral temperature, and we were rushing to the hospital, regardless of what he wanted. Luckily we were able to treat everything we came across with, albeit slow, success. But this was a dangerous environment, and had we had multiple casualties at once, we would have been instantly overwhelmed. Luck had it that the critical cases were time staggered. It HAD to be cancelled.

I heard of at least a few other people who had done field treatments on their friends for opening stages of hyperthermia as well.

Anyone that thinks, in the face of what happened and what I've typed, that the event was called unecessarily, needs their head checked, because apparently, I didn't get to them in time, and they are in an altered mental state themselves and in serious need of proper medical attention (probably a brain transplant, LOL).

aside from this, and I feel I've addressed that situation good enough, I had a fantastic time, and I felt that most other people did as well. The people I talked to and treated just seemd to want to get back into the game. I felt bad telling them they were done, but you do what you have to do. I had a great time squaring off against both sides, and I had a great time sunday as well. I still can't believe how lucky I got this weekend. One persons gun failed when they had me by surprise dead in their sights (their magazine failed to feed), and one person let off a burst at me that hit around me and my tagged my gun. I didn't bother to move to jump or anything because I knew I was dead, the burst was hitting on both sides of me and one round even hit my gun. I knew one was gonna hit me, and the dude deserved the kill because I was obviously in sights. So I just waited for the round to hit me that i knew was coming. And it never came. He let off the trigger. I stood up in utter disbelief. Then I moved about 60 feet thinking how damned lucky i was, and walked right into someone line of fire and got shot. ROFL.

Funny memories and good times. Oh, and the guy who fired the burst at me was the same guy who got me out when it was just me in a little 5 foot square thicket against a crudload of kreigers swarming all around me after the second failed russian attack against Krieger HQ. That was a good time. And man, I don't know if I mentioned it before, but you got me good. Tip of the nose, from the back and the side, through the underbrush and my little mini foxhole barricaded position. Good lord that stung and surprised the heck out of me. Nice shot dude. And I thought I was covering my flanks so well. ;)

Thanks to all for a good time.

Oh, and I was asked in field by two different basic medics how to become advanced medics in game. Firstly, you must have played as a basic medic under our rules set at least one time. From there, go register at teamstrikers.com and ask blade for access to the advanced medics private forums. If you are interested, read up on the additional rules that governs the position, and then post your introduction in the forums. Next event we have advanced medics at, you'll be supplied and operating as an advanced medic.

Huey and Crossfire are two shining examples of advanced medics. I've been keeping close watch on them and listening for stories about soldiers' experiences with advanced medics. They're both being considered for the in-house AM award. The AARs for the next operation we hold will tell. :) They've helped mold the role into what it is now, and can probably shed some light on the position for you, and help you figure out if its something you would really like to do or not. I'm all gung-ho about it, i think its neat having to hemostat off a simulated ruptured artery while mock injecting morphine and dressing a wound with trauma pads and wraps, then immobilizing the arm. It adds a lot to the whole experience, and sometimes the palyers get into as well (I had a couple people say "Ow!" when I mock injected them with the syringe). But I'm biased, as I helped found and create the system, designed the various sets of cards, decided on treatment procedures and the like. So I suggest you talk to other people as well as me when deciding to become an advanced medic. You can still operate quite effectively as a part of a combat element and be an advanced medic. It just adds to the experience of the game.

Alright, I think I've babbled enough. thank you again to everyone who came out and busted hump and did their best, above and beyond expectations and environment. :)

~A

Dante
06-30-2005, 04:18 PM
Originally posted by Aegis
Funny memories and good times. Oh, and the guy who fired the burst at me was the same guy who got me out when it was just me in a little 5 foot square thicket against a crudload of kreigers swarming all around me after the second failed russian attack against Krieger HQ. That was a good time. And man, I don't know if I mentioned it before, but you got me good. Tip of the nose, from the back and the side, through the underbrush and my little mini foxhole barricaded position. Good lord that stung and surprised the heck out of me. Nice shot dude. And I thought I was covering my flanks so well. ;)

i think that was inferno from my squad [97th] and if he woluldnt have gotten you i would have. i was approaching your rear flank. also i agree that the game was called. if krieger would have just taken a one hour break, we would have had the same situation.

i had alot of fun although it was cut short, but the only complaint i had was i say a tropico grunt with mesh goggles and a G3 and a hicap. idk if it was ok'ed or not but it didnt seem fair. also the mesh goggles are a safety concern.

mandor
06-30-2005, 04:21 PM
Wow Aegis, what a well thought out, well written explanation. I was at the first BF, and at Safari Strike, and the only reason i missed this one is my kid's open house. Heat is a definate factor in combat, but wait, this isn't combat, it's a freakin GAME!!! Good call Aegis! Airsoft isn't worth anyone's health. I love the continuing storyline, it's alot like reality, the conflict continues...Keep it up guys.

Munin
06-30-2005, 05:07 PM
Oh, as per Hardlock's request, there is at least one satellite dish in the tall stand of goldenrod about 20 meters northeast of where the trailer was parked at the Kreiger HQ. That was where I stashed the last one that came in.

One-Zero
06-30-2005, 05:11 PM
Are you going to post the pictures from the event? I saw people with cameras, I'd like to see the pictures!

nambooseizzle
07-01-2005, 04:34 PM
i would like to thank wallace for the hotdogs and putting on a great event.

Loki
07-01-2005, 05:00 PM
I'll be the first to admit that I don't always agree with Striker policies, but in this case, I believe that the cancellation was both valid, and warranted. No one should have put their life on the line just so you could have fun. That is both arrogant, and ignorant.

Bookie, you have been banned for multiple violations of forums rules.

Loki
07-02-2005, 05:43 PM
Just to give the comunity a heads-up, i'm going to post a message I was forwarded for all to see:

Loki,

WHY AM I BANNED FROM AO??? ***HOLE!!! BOOKIE PHI SI..you werent even at the event you B**CH!!! I"LL BE SURE TO SEE YOU AROUND **CK TWAT!!!!!!!!

Now this, people, is why you get banned. I had originally only intended to temp ban you, as the rules suggest, but I think i'll just go ahead and make it permanent.

-Loki

P.S. Just in case any of you were curious, i'm the one that added the "**" to the message. You can probably tell that it was a lot worse the way he typed it. :)