PDA

View Full Version : Indoor in Canton March 15th

untouchable53
03-06-2005, 11:29 AM
There will be another indoor game at Intense Paintball from 5p-9p. Field Fees are $7.50 and it will be a BYOBB event. We have worked out and tested some new game scenerios, as well as build new bunkers and pillboxes. Dan the owner is looking into building a true CQB are in the back of the wharehouse. This facility would be equiped corridors, tac entry rooms and barricaded areas. If you have any interest or ideas on this topic please post.

Later,

Dan

Sidd
03-06-2005, 05:49 PM
I'll be there with bells on.

Hey does any one know if Dan(Intense) owns what ever that is next door, i mean where every that garage door leads? Wouldnt it be sweet if we built a little office like area to play in?

Crosswire3
03-07-2005, 05:41 PM
I'm there, M4 all decked out:D Can't wait to see you all. Also, we need to start getting ready for outdoor.

Sidd
03-07-2005, 09:11 PM
Hey are we doing anything on March 8th?

Crosswire3
03-07-2005, 09:34 PM
I wish...if we could that would be awesome (got the MP5 workin). If not, oh well. Someone please confirm this by tomorrow. If we don't play, we could always have a "fix-a-gun" session:D

untouchable53
03-08-2005, 07:34 AM
Intense is always open on Tuesday's. Even though we do not have a game scheduled there's no reason why you can't go down and work on your gun(s).

Later,

Dan

Crosswire3
03-08-2005, 07:54 AM
So...anyone up for going, working, and maybe playing a few games?

untouchable53
03-08-2005, 08:42 AM
I'm out! I'l be STRIPPING..............paint off of our shelves!

Sidd
03-08-2005, 02:30 PM
I wont be able to make it, i'm broke and feeling broken down. see ya the 15th

Crosswire3
03-08-2005, 04:31 PM
Ok, well no event it is, see you all next week.

theblackfox
03-09-2005, 08:08 AM
lol dan was stripping. I'll try and be there for the 15th lemme know if we're having one the last week of march..i'll probley definatly be at that one. I get to start on my editing of the footage next week too.:D

untouchable53
03-10-2005, 09:30 AM
I was toying around online lastnight and I came across some great ideas for the CQB area int he back of Intense. How about a Plane Fuselage or even easier a Bus. The Bus has been done a number of times at numerous outdoor fields. I know the plane is a bit unrealistic, but man...how great would that be.

I'm working out a layout for an idea that I have. I'll post it when it's completed. If you guys have any ideas please post them.

Later,

Dan

Sidd
03-10-2005, 10:57 AM
Hey man Crosswire and I were talking about idea for his outdoor field. We could probably go to a scrap yard and get some seriously fun stuff to use and cover.

I put out the idea with outside getting like a mini van carcass(frame) and retro fitting it to look like to downed chopper. Its much for military friendly than really downing on of theirs :)

I bet if we got a small car frame we could get it in that back door and Intense. We could either lay it flat or roll it up on its side like 20 feet from what ever structure is built there.

Dan(untouchable) was telling me that Dan(intense owner) works for a contractor or something and can get things at cost, but to keep costs down even more the scrap yard is the place to go. Just look at all the stuff they build on shows like Junkyard wars and Monster Garage. I know the one paintball field out in Norton Indian Springs had some big underground steel tank things that they cut doors and windows in and they made great bunkers. Plus there are always places yoiu can get free pallets from. I can probably get them from my dad's work the only problem is he works up on cleveland so we would need some one with a truck.

untouchable53
03-10-2005, 11:44 AM
Sidd, I'm not 100% sure if Dan could get material at cost or not. It would be great if he could. I'm just not sure.

I've got a diagram of a great facility. I just need to get it on the computer. I may simply scan it for now.

Later Dan

Crosswire3
03-10-2005, 03:09 PM
Yupp, I have sources for free pallets, and low cost barrels. As for wood, that stuff is always free or low cost. I figure if we all want to pool some cash this spring/summer, we could get a sweet outdoor field up and running.

L.R.R.P
03-10-2005, 03:44 PM
does this mean there are not going to be any more indoor games :O !?

I finaly will be able to drive soon and was looking into getting a gun, possibly something small that can double as a side arm someday becase right now (for the next year or two) I cant get an aeg D:/ dont know if i want to get into this hobby. I wanted a new aep or a nice all metal kjw 1911 para ordenance, but now they wont be effective except on my gbb friends. Please tell me you guys still like cqb games....*crosses fingers*

untouchable53
03-10-2005, 05:06 PM
We will still have our Indoor Games throughout the warmer months. However they will be less frequent. We will atleast have one every month.

Would a Mac11 interest you. Dan(owner at intense) has a new one for sale at a great price. His phone is 330-456-3456.

Later,

Dan

Sidd
03-11-2005, 08:08 AM
Dude you should totally get to 1911 pistols Its not effective but two pistols is freaking fun.

untouchable53
03-11-2005, 07:09 PM
Guy's...here is the 3D Model of a CQB Facility I've been thinking of. This would be great for down at Intense. I think my dimensions are a little bigger than they can handle. I can make some adjustments. Right now this would take appx. 3550 square feet of floor space. I'm guessing Intense has about 3000.

Let me know what you think.

Dan

theblackfox
03-11-2005, 07:23 PM
*drools* lets do it.....now...i'll help..

My only question is: will they let the paintballers use whatever we build? becuase if they do i don't see a point in building it...not trying to be a prick about it, but they slime everything with their spray and pray..and thats bad for our guns and my camera.

untouchable53
03-11-2005, 08:13 PM
I spoke with Dan and he said they would be allowed but they would have to use the rubber balls. No paint allowed.

theblackfox
03-11-2005, 08:57 PM
good, but damn rubber balls?! that would hurt! anyway. So do you have anymore structural drawings?

untouchable53
03-11-2005, 09:02 PM
Yes, but they'll have to wait. I have everything saved at work. I can change the camera angle to what ever I would like. Taking a 3D tour throught the Model is great. I wish I knew a way to post that!

Crosswire3
03-11-2005, 09:17 PM
What format is it in...I could render a video with Lightwave taking you on the tour:D ...just an idea. By the way it looks good.

theblackfox
03-11-2005, 09:21 PM
light wave roxorxz mah soxorzxz!1!!!!!!!1111!!!1!1!1

lol seriously it's a good program, if you can get it rendered in then post it, or have mike host it. I wanna see the inside and stuff..We should also look into those styrofoam door jams that cory (?) was talking about...that would be awesome.

Crosswire3
03-11-2005, 09:23 PM
Glad to see someone likes my 3D program of choice:D ...also, yes, we need to think about materials. I think waferboard would be cheap and hold up well enough.

untouchable53
03-11-2005, 09:58 PM
I'll have to see what format it's in. Maybe .bad??? I can't remember I've only used it once. I may shoot over to work tomorrow and send a copy to you Mike.

Lu
03-11-2005, 10:39 PM
CQB area looks great, would that really fit in Intense?

I hope ya keep up the indoor games towards the summer, espically if that baby get built.

Sadly enough, we can't make it to this week's game, sorry.

theblackfox
03-12-2005, 08:11 AM
yeah it would fit, but he'd have to shrink the deminsions down a bit and do some tweaking...I can't wait to see if we get the green light for this. It would make some awesome footage once it's built.

Sidd
03-12-2005, 08:29 AM
Danno thats pretty freaking sweet. Way bigger and more involved than what was swimming around in my tiny brain. I was just thinking a small building along the back wall. But I like your idea better :)

My only suggestion is that it will probably have to be built in stages instead of all at once to stretch out our resources.

untouchable53
03-12-2005, 09:46 AM
I spoke with Dan lastnight. The dimensions are as follows. The back wall is about 50f and it's 70 deep. That means if we would use this design it would silmply have to turn.

Dan also said he has something else in mind. I'm not sure what it is. I know that we all are excited about this design, however it's all up to Dan.

Later all,

Dan

theblackfox
03-12-2005, 09:58 AM
somthing else hu?:confused:...hmmmmmm... that would suck if he shot us down..I don't think he will though.

Crosswire3
03-12-2005, 12:35 PM
It would be nice to clear out some of those barrels and such to make room for a more city/town-like arena. I figure we could still use some of the barrels indoors and around the buildings for bunkers...but the main thing is that it would be a little more open.

Also, since I can't wait for the snow to melt I thought I'd put this up to drool at... http://65.185.67.245/boundaries.jpg

untouchable53
03-12-2005, 01:12 PM
Now that's alot of LAND!

Crosswire3
03-12-2005, 01:21 PM
Sure is...and not only is it a lot, but there is about every type of terrain we could ever want. I can't wait for a day when we can all go out there and check it out. I'm open to going about anytime if someone wants to go.

L.R.R.P
03-12-2005, 03:26 PM
you think two gbb 1911's would be fun, what about 2 mac 11's!? >:D hahaha

Well, i wanted to get the aep to get into this sport and have basicly a cheaper mp5k :D. There are also upgrades for this little guy, pushing it to 300 fps and like 200 feet of range (gonna cost me a fortune thoug if i do it D:). Note: range not EFFECTIVE range XD
I think it will be an exellent 2nd gun (first was tm hghu pc 356) and will allow me to compete especialy with the 15 rpm and a 100 round midcap coming out >:D I can lay down some platic. Would it be effective? There is a video @ www.uncompany.com after you go to pistols/electic/g18c and then pull up the stats. What do you think?

Crosswire3
03-12-2005, 03:31 PM
I have really been looking into the AEPs, and I think they look "ok" as good pistol/sidearm, but definitely not as a main weapon. If you are serious about getting into the sport I would definitely look into an AEG, however GBBs can provide great performance at times.

theblackfox
03-12-2005, 05:21 PM
yes mike is right they are effictive at times..at times when the tempature is over 65.

L.R.R.P
03-12-2005, 10:39 PM
well, i dont know if i DO want to get into the sport, and my buddies are just getting gbb as tehy are tired of thier springers. I fugure ill just get teh aep for them, and use it in cqb games to see if i like it. Those things are better then gbb (even WA) adn they are upgradeble to 300 fps now. I think it will be a worth while investment, even if i dont get into arisoft at least i can slaughter my friends. if i do i will have a good back up and can get an aeg later.

Are pistols really not effective in cqb games? I mean its close so range wont matter rihgt? the aep has 120-150 effective range and good accuracy, and since a cqb area wont be much bigger if not bigger then that and there will be cover (i assume..?) i wont be at that much of a disadvantage. I can manuever ever so slightly better, it has 15 rps and a 100 rd mid cap coming out in 2 weeks (before i get the gun). Am i missing something about the field.........?

Crosswire3
03-12-2005, 11:31 PM
The accuracy/velocity of pistols can be very misleading for several reasons. Normally velocity and range would be a very straitforward subject, but we have introduced hop-up into the mix. With this factor low powered pistols tend to chrono high and have longer ranges...but not without sacrifice. As the BB comes out of the barrel it is traveling along at an OK speed, but as it gets downrange and the hop-up's spin is all that's keeping it up the velocity dramatically drops. So, while it may chrono at 250 FPS, and have a range of 100 ft.; it'll take a good few seconds or so to get there. Whereas an AEG has more air volume, and a longer barrel to propel the BB better in every way. Of course at CLOSE (10-20 ft.) ranges this isn't a huge deal, but you'd be hard pressed to get that close all the time. Most shots are in the 50+ ft. range, requiring much more speed.

It's a little long, doesn't go into deep detail, but covers the basics. Long story short: an AEP will be fun, but not nearly as functional as an AEG.

Crosswire3
03-13-2005, 01:59 AM
Hate to post twice in a row...but I had to show you guys this. My AE MP5 with a stock TM spring shooting about 250 and a 9.6v 3000mah battery. She empties a 100rd midcap in just under 5 seconds. I also did sound analysis and it turns out 22 BBs/sec. Heres the vid, enjoy, since you might not enjoy it on Tuesday if you catch my drift:D

http://65.185.67.245/mp5.avi

theblackfox
03-13-2005, 08:01 AM
OMFG DOUBLE POST BANND'D'D'D

ok anyway, Thats really awesome mike, but either you werent aiming or the shot grouping sucks or i'm just blind.

To LRRP. Mike is right about the range and FPS but another thing you should know is that we say that we play cqb at intense and it sort of is close quarters but theres alot of room from team to team and it's guns like mikes that make an AEP or a normal GBB less likley to make a kill, not saying you wont because i've made a kill or two with my usp and I know CRL1985 made a few during our saturday game with his glock. But with guns like mikes mp5 with a 22 round per second ROF in a closed aera like intense you don't have a whole lot of room or a lot of time to stick your head out to make a shot.

untouchable53
03-13-2005, 11:31 AM
LRRP, it all depends on what role you want to take. It sounds to me like you are favoring the assult role. In that role you can sacrifice distance and accuracy for ROF.

My role as a support/sniper my shots have to have distance and accuracy. In some cases I will fire less than 6 rounds per game. Just ask the "Fox", he's gotten hit a few times with my shots.

Crosswire3
03-13-2005, 12:29 PM
Yes, well, the MP5 isn't really going to be shooting that fast during "play" simply because I don't want to waste so many BBs:D Also Alex, I purposely moved the grouping back and forth so you could see the shots a little better; it will hit a very close grouping otherwise.

About the AEP...Dan's right, if you want to crawl up close you might be OK, but for those longer shots that present themselves you'd be better off saving your ammo. I guess you just have to come play and see what you like. (Based on my research I would have to say that the TM AEP would shoot very comparatively to a springer...only with a better ROF.)

L.R.R.P
03-13-2005, 01:39 PM
Yes, but those springers are amzing :D

I have a pc 356 and it can get some distance with .2's and still be able to rack up kills. Yes, maybe it has the same distance as a springer (maybe...) but it travel faster. on www.airsoftretreat.com there is a review someone did with 2 guys and a tape measure, and they distance at which you could feel it and it traveled fast enough for someone to get hit is 120ft~___ so it will be like a suped up springer. Plus if i get upgrades to 300 fps and tightbore, piston and piston head, ect I should be able to get some better distance dont you think? If it goes 300 fps and shoots 15 rps or faster (i watched the vidoe of that m4 and it shot a lil slower then the video of the aep...i dont think it was going 22 rps) so what i would basicly have is a nice electric oozi :D with nice groupings. Wouldnt taht be perfect for a cqb area/taking on my buddies gbb's? I mean, 150 shipped for gun and then upgrades are pretty cheap, i could get it upgraded fully for the price of an mp5 with battery and hicap (cept 100 rd mid cap for pistol).? Also i dont have to upgrade it if it turns out i dont like airsoft, and then im only out 150 bucks and could resell it or use it one my friends. Is this a good way to get started into the sport to c if i like it (then aep would be sidearm) or is there a better alternative (asside from renting becuse i want to play my friends with their gbb at home)?

Crosswire3
03-13-2005, 01:54 PM
I don't want to sound like I'm against the AEP, it's just that you might be disappointed. Not to say that it won't be sweet, but I would wait for others to get them. As for the pricing of guns, you might be surprised at how cheap you can get secondhand AEGs. I got a nice ICS MP5 for 150 as my first gun, put about $50 into it, and it was perfect for me. After that I got my ICS M4 at more than a good price (some of you know the story). I am now looking at ICS and CA M4s that are BARELY used for my friend; in the $150 range. The moral of this post is that you can get nice AEGs at a very affordable price.

Fresh
03-13-2005, 01:55 PM
If I were you, I would go with the TM MP5K simply because itís almost the same price and has many readily available upgrades that the AEP doesnít. If this is your first gun, I would go AEG... some might tell you otherwise. I would say AEG because I know what it was like wasting my money in a spring pistol and a spring rifle before the AEG. The AEP is nice but I would definitely go AEG first...

theblackfox
03-13-2005, 05:20 PM
yes Dan has racked up a few kills on me. his long range skills are good.

I have to agree with jared. Go with the K for you first AEG..and if you want something full sized I know some one who has a barley used AUG and I think a battery to go with for only $50. I think you'll like airsoft enough to stay with it, if you like video games and you like first person shooters then airsoft is your thing.

L.R.R.P
03-13-2005, 07:12 PM
Originally posted by theblackfox
yes Dan has racked up a few kills on me. his long range skills are good.

I have to agree with jared. Go with the K for you first AEG..and if you want something full sized I know some one who has a barley used AUG and I think a battery to go with for only $50. I think you'll like airsoft enough to stay with it, if you like video games and you like first person shooters then airsoft is your thing.

Is that aug for $150? Can you email me at rbland2@hotmail.com or pml me, becuase i have been wanting a cheap aug ^^

Where can i find a reliable place to get used aeg's? I heard clasifieds were horrible, so whats teh place to go? Do i just need to know people?

Lu
03-13-2005, 09:11 PM
Somethings:

LRRP: On you GBB idea, you could start by picking one up, hell, if ya get a decent one, it is quite effective, sense msot of the times where its below 60' indoors is the good idea. I used my Glock 1/2 the time over my AEG this past week at indoor.

And on the CQB area idea, what about more like the V.Rangers did, CQB like partitions, I think it be cheap, we could change it around if we got bored of the idea, and Dan might go for it more if it wasnt such a permit structure...

Just my 2 cents.

untouchable53
03-13-2005, 10:18 PM
Cory, I was thinking the same thing. On my Model the 2 long ends would be built with the moveable interior walls. My reasoning for putting a ceiling on those sections, is to prevent players in the second story from urealistically firing onto the players down below. The ceiling/roof wouldn't have to be anything elaborate, maybe even a tarp.

WOW...on a side note...anyone coming on Tues? I'll be there.

Fresh
03-13-2005, 11:11 PM
Ill be there for sure with at least one teammate... im trying for 5 of us total...

Lu
03-14-2005, 01:39 AM
Wish i could but can't. I have the 28th-4th off though. Ill be there if anything is up.

Crosswire3
03-14-2005, 06:34 AM
I'm there for sure. Can't wait to see you all.

Drifter
03-14-2005, 08:19 AM
Im gonna come by and do some shopping

untouchable53
03-14-2005, 09:26 AM
Good Deal drifter. Plan on playing as well! More is good!

untouchable53
03-14-2005, 07:04 PM
My lastest revision and update!

theblackfox
03-14-2005, 08:18 PM
double post BANED'D'D'D'D'

ok anyway,

thats really freakin awesome...lets build it..right now...

Fresh
03-14-2005, 08:35 PM
fyi, dan make a thoroughway on the front-right structure to the connected room...

looks great... i would like to see more divisions of rooms though but again, we are limited to 50x70

Drifter
03-15-2005, 08:25 AM
what are your plans for the lighting in the cqb facility?

untouchable53
03-15-2005, 09:14 AM
A few things have gone through my head. The simple and least expensive would be to use the old incodescent fixtures that are sitting in the back of intense. We would have to be very careful of light shots. A second and more "realistic" approach would be emergency lights. Typically when SWAT enters a hostile area power is cut to the building and the emercency lighting system is tripped. Just a thought though. But in some games TAC lights only would be a blast.

Drifter, you're coming for sure tonight! Right? You can wear BDU's or anything. We just need numbers!

Sidd
03-15-2005, 11:28 AM
Since this is going to be a paint free facility, we can use the old fixtures I am sure we can easily mount sheets of plexiglass/acrylic over them for protection.

Also have you thought at all about incorperating some sort of BB drainage system for the floors so after a while its not like trying to run around on a floor full of ball bearings? small cuts at the floor and a shop broom would probably be enough.

Fresh
03-15-2005, 09:49 PM
Just wanted to say i had a blast tonight and a great deal for the time. Post when we know when the next game is.

*Sidd must be triple or nothing

Crosswire3
03-15-2005, 09:55 PM
Ya guys, it was great. I don't think we have had so much fun with only 4 people, but this worked out well. Anyways, Jared...we're not having a game this coming Tuesday but the following Tuesday, the 29th.

I might be scheduling an outdoor game or two at "The Property" either this weekend, or over the break. It would be AWESOME to get some people out there for some daytime games. Anyways, hope to see you all soon.

Sidd
03-15-2005, 10:42 PM
Yeah I had fun too. even after Jared and Mike showed up LOL Just kidding guys.

dude i need to buy like 5 of everything so I am garunteed not to forget it all.

Blade if you are reading this I NEED my G36 back, I know its probably on its way but i'm such a bad shot I need the extra help.

:Disclaimer:

Combat Depot's service and support are THE BEST I have seen from any only retailer that I have ordered from. I am just rassing Franc since I have known him forever and being Canadian he is an easy target.

untouchable53
03-16-2005, 07:07 AM
Yeah, it was a blast last night. The top of my head is sore....thanks Mike...lol. See you guys on the 29th. There should be some good games since most are on Spring break.

Mike, I can't wait for some games out at "The Property".

Later,

Dan

Lu
03-16-2005, 04:38 PM
I'll try and be there for next game, need to find a ride though.

Lu
03-16-2005, 10:01 PM
Dan: Here is my concept of yours with alil bit of a twist to get a even flowing raid on the place:

(Note this is horribly edited on buddies laptop)