PDA

View Full Version : OP: First Strike - 4/10/04

HardLock
04-11-2004, 12:40 PM
On behalf of STRIKERS, just like to salute all the AO players and teams that showed up. We had 121 players! The weather was perfect and we played until well after 7PM. THANKS TO ALL! :D

ez.dr.freak
04-11-2004, 04:19 PM
i left a black and red bag there with my mask gloves gass and other stuff in it at the game if anyone found it please private mesage me.
thanks..

Grease Man
04-11-2004, 05:02 PM
Strikers,
You all did an amzing job with first Strike, I really enjoyed the new style of play. Thanks for the great day.

EZ- always a pleasure playing with you guys

grunt
04-11-2004, 06:24 PM
it was a day full of fun, with a good style of play, things went well.

good game everyone, thanks.

Vash
04-11-2004, 06:29 PM
It was a great day for airsoft. And even though my gun wasn't up to the standards I wanted it to be at for the game I had a blast. The field proved to be a good change of pace in the last (my last) game. Wonderful event, hope to see more in the future.

D_Man
04-11-2004, 07:17 PM
Now that my legs and back have started to feel better, I can say a I had a great time yesterday :)

I was pleased with the volume of players that commited and showed up for the event. I also have to give kudos to Blade and the Strikers for moving AO into more Milsim oriented gaming.

My best expierince of the day had to have been the second to last game, with both sides racing for the crate, even though our team lost that one, running across that huge open field filled with smoke and dust, trying to hug the ground to avoid incoming fire from the .50 cal was an amazing time (and the only time I used my 300 BBs in one game).

As a medic, I would also say the use of the cards was a briliant idea. I came a little worried how the outcomes of the cards would be weighted in the decks, but very few were sudden death card and many were just general "bandage application" cards, so it added an interesting element to the medic role overall.

I plan for even more surprises and excitement at the next Striker event :D

ArmyHummer
04-11-2004, 07:46 PM
Ok game, just needed more participation towards the end to get the last game together - waited around too long!!! :p But it served as a nice start for this years season. I will be putting pictures up as soon as I get them resized and renamed. So be looking in the gallery later tonight!!
Thanks go to Blade for putting the huge ammount of time into the game, and for everyone else being as cooperative as possible.

Decoy
04-11-2004, 07:46 PM
Much like D-Man, my back is finally getting better. I had a good time. I had a REAL blast in the squad based capture the flag game. Especially when the Strikers walked into the developed 6MM. camp. I guess I should thank the Strikers for popping smokes and allowing us to fall back to our second location :D . Not a bad start to the season. I hope all of you Strikers have learned a lot of leasons from this game ;) .

Glaeken, I can't wait for the next you and I have each other in our scopes :) .

TAC, it was nice to finally see you guys out there. I would have liked to have time to talk to you guys.

B-STAB, always a pleasure.

It was nice to see a lot of old friends as well as some new faces out in the field.

The 6MM. Militia would like to remind all those who attended, This Bar is Open!

spewy
04-11-2004, 07:57 PM
"ditto" to what D-Man said. I would also like to say "when's the next one.":D

notabob
04-11-2004, 08:00 PM
i also really enjoyed the day. it was my first game and i dont think i will forget my first kill, ever. my captain was "wounded" behind me and 2 other men on our squad were hit and i was taking cover behind some brush. i popped reconmarine's sr-16 out and watched my stream of bbs nail some guy and then i heard the satisfying "hit." then we popped a smoke grenade and made a break for it. thanks for an unforgetable day you guys. blade, whenever you guys get another game together in springfield, i will more than likely be there. everyone was surprisingly nice.

oh, and blade... what was with you setting all of us "noobs" up to get flanked by the strikers? oh well, whatever. never trust the man who tells you where to hide...

brian

P90killer
04-11-2004, 08:22 PM
i did enjoy that great event. i do think that the second to last event could have been good, but there was a communication break down with the attacking team(red), but i would love to play that type of game/ senario again. for my firsdt time to an AO event i liked it alot, but inbetween games there was alot of down time. just my two cent.

thanks 86th for letting me play with you, let me know if you ever need any players again. it was funny gdmcfadden@yahoo.com

CAR15A2
04-11-2004, 09:06 PM
Great game all around.

Kudos to Blade and the Strikers.

I can't wait for Op:Blind Fury!

The medic rules were great. IFF was a little confusing to say the least.

In the last game I got two pistol kills after my battery died. Too bad they were on my team!

Namboose
04-11-2004, 09:20 PM
great game, really enjoyed the new ideas and gameplay. had a blast playing with ez company, had a fun time holding that hill for 2 hours with you guys. want to say good job to my team, ip, we had a great day. thanks to blade for getting this event off the ground.

ez.dr.freak
04-11-2004, 09:27 PM
and remember if anyone found a black and red bad that said champion on it please mesage me. thanks
i left it by the trailer next to the field entrance.

grunt
04-11-2004, 09:37 PM
Dr. Freak, i think one of the Strikers might of picked it up

Blade
04-11-2004, 09:55 PM
I would like to thanks all of you for the memorable event. While I would have never thought so many would be interested in Milsim and higher fps limit, I have to admit, you all surprised me for such attendence.

So yes, there was few problems and yes, the downtime was one of them. Although, those extra delays were almost needed to make sure the new rules and add-on the the missions would be understand properly. Now that most of the Ohio players know how it works (for Strikers) , I can already start planning the next milsim event. Be warned though, the next one will be to a higher level :)

Thanks again guys, it was a success because of you.

Blitz[ip]
04-11-2004, 10:06 PM
Yeah, I had a great time at the event. Thanks to Blade and co. for setting up the event and keeping things running smoothly. EZ, I had a great time playing with you guys as always. It was a very fun time. I think milsim could be something we see more and more of here in Ohio.

tombo131
04-11-2004, 10:10 PM
Helluva good time, hopefully we will get a chance on another day for some of the scenarios that the organizers did not get a chance to try.

Damn fun though. Oh yea, if anyone finds a Glock 19 mag, shoot me a PM :)

snif
04-11-2004, 10:16 PM
I thought they were great mil-sim actions too. Hurry and wait, not real sure what is going on, team work and agression helps win. I think that all worked in the scenarios. Not all shooting but sticking together and following thru on a plan.... as a team.

Loved it all.

Blade, I will kiss you next time just before I, well may not a kiss.

Mav: great job on the ammo resupply. Needed fast thinking, agressivness and organized teams. We won that hands down.

Pyro
04-12-2004, 07:47 AM
that was a blast great job to all the organizers. To everyone that was caught in the field behind tractors and getting circled, that was the quickest fall back to the woods i have ever seen in a game and it was up hill too.:D

I would say both the medic and crewman ideas should stay.

Violator
04-12-2004, 12:00 PM
After nearly 9 months of not being able to get to an event, I finally made it to this one and I had a great time. Everybody there was pretty cool, had no majors problems. Would definitely attend again !

P90killer
04-12-2004, 12:32 PM
ReconMarine: To everyone that was caught in the field behind tractors and getting circled, that was the quickest fall back to the woods i have ever seen in a game and it was up hill too.

were you on the attack or defense, because i was one of the **** load of people there and i think there were friendlies fiting at us.

just asking for ****s and giggles :D :D :confused:

CoOk!3 6()|)
04-12-2004, 03:47 PM
I had an excellent time, I have been playing for a year, and this was my first, and surely not my last AO event. The only complaint that I could find was team distinction, while it was addressed in the 3rd game, I believe we would benefit much more if armbands were worn on both arms as opposed to just one.

While there may have been higher fps limits at this game, I must say I am supprised, I was never lit up at close range, and I can never remember my hits even hurting.

Looking forward to the next AO event,

Scott

Blade
04-12-2004, 03:53 PM
:p

Two things; OP First Strike was AO sponsored event (since outlawed). Second thing, we have another game on the way;
http://airsoftevents.com/modules/Airsoft_Events/event_details.php?event_num=8

You wanted more, you will get more :)
We know the bugs, you know the new tricks, this event will be even better than first strike

P90killer
04-12-2004, 04:02 PM
hell ya blade that is awsome

The Tick
04-12-2004, 04:30 PM
I'd like to add that everyone behaved like adults. I didn't see any cheating and I didn't hear anyone yelling at other players because they thought they were't calling their hits. It probably happened but not much. I left feeling good about the day.

Rogue
04-12-2004, 05:22 PM
Definately a good start to the season.

Tac/BSTAB - That was, by far, the most intense moment in the field during the second game (squad vs. squad), refering to the ambush. We could have done a few things better, and we got lucky that we fired first or else we would've probably been in worse shape then we were. Well played on both sides - encounters like that, even through losing our flag, make me proud to be part of AO.

A few considerations - if it's gonna be milsim, it should be milsim. I loved the crate game towards the end of the day. That was true milsim versus what we did throughout the day. I prefer milsim, so I didn't care too much for the multi-team CTF game, or the newb hunt.

Glaeken, Dax, Kommie, and the other captains for that game - it was awesome working with you. Our plan seemed to run through pretty well. I only wish I had my camcorder out when the runner team got overrun. The 86th had three guys on the runner squad and it was honestly one of the few times playing airsoft where I felt helpless for my guys.

It was great to bring some new guys out to play with the 86th. We'll hopefully be there with more of our regulars in May. See you all there!!

Pyro
04-12-2004, 05:43 PM
I was behind the truck when we got surrounded and i ordered my men out and everyone else followed us into the woods.

P90killer
04-12-2004, 05:51 PM
yes i was there too
p90 person

P90killer
04-12-2004, 05:55 PM
matt was great playing with u guys (this is greg by the way) but i would love to play with you all again, the thing in may i may be able to swing somemore of my friends to come. if you ever need a player just let me know i would love to play with u guys again.
gdmcfadden@yahoo.com

aimbot
04-12-2004, 07:36 PM
where are the pics.................need pics ahahahhahhahhahahahah!!!!

notabob
04-12-2004, 08:28 PM
aimbot, look in the gallery.

wallace, where are your pictures at?

yes, hopefully measures will be taken to better establish who is on who's team for op plutonium bomber. i took friendly fire to the shoulder at a fairly close range. the capture the flag scenario was also not as enjoyable as someone would have thought. carrying that flag around was a pain and really limited our abilities and also destroyed some of the milsim that the game was supposed to have. at first, we thought the whole crate scenario was a waste too until red started showing some resistence. it was a pretty good scenario once it got going. again, any noobs, dont follow blade into his little traps at the "noob hunt." lol.

grunt
04-12-2004, 09:02 PM
notabob and aimbot,

http://www.ez-co.com/Album.asp?Folder=A20040410

Blade
04-12-2004, 09:15 PM
Notabob,

LOL, I never said they would come from the same place you did, I just said please do leave 200-300ft between the road and you guys. So when they took another route to track you down, it solved my problem ;)

Oh and hey, The flag mission was there for one purpose; Having each teammate to work as a squad and not as individuals. So yes, relying on a crewman and medic to make the mission successsful was the idea. Carrying a flag was also there to limit the teams....

Now that people showed they wanted more, don't complain if OP. Pluto Bomber is all about milsim.... ;)

P90killer
04-12-2004, 09:33 PM
thank you for the great picture of me

Skatastrophe
04-12-2004, 09:54 PM
Just wanted to inquire about possible pictures? I saw photographers in the field... is there an ETA on the pics? If so, can there be a link posted in here?

On another note, I thoroughly enjoyed the day. The overall cooperation was astounding to me, that out of the 100+ that showed, there were no arguements I ran across... great job all. Many thanks go to the organizers, and to Red Shadow with the alliance in the 2nd round. My team (Force 21) thanks Stormblade as well, for the merger we made throughout the day. Thanks to all, and I look forward to the next day of skirmishing!

grunt
04-12-2004, 10:05 PM
in the Gallery and right here http://www.ez-co.com/Album.asp?Folder=A20040410

Blade
04-12-2004, 11:08 PM
Oh btw, Force21 (or Stormblade), you borrowed my 30cal box. Would it be possible to get it back please?

Rampage613
04-12-2004, 11:29 PM
Well I'm the only Stormblade member that was there, and the 30.cal box I have is mine. You'll have to contact Oldschool about that blade. He was the Force21 team leader, he probably knows where it is.

ArmyHummer
04-12-2004, 11:32 PM
I just put what pictures I took up - all but 2 are in the non specific airsoft ohio event album. The other two are :
http://www.airsoftohio.com/gallery/displayimage.php?album=12&pos=28
http://www.airsoftohio.com/gallery/displayimage.php?album=12&pos=29

notabob
04-13-2004, 06:16 AM
darn. out of all those pictures, not a single one of me. maybe i was invisible....

i know htere was at least one more photographer who got a picture of the devil dogs right after kyle got that knife kill...

Allein
04-13-2004, 07:52 AM
Definitely a great game, though next time I should have something better than my lil' super9 ;) . Things seem to run smoothly and that mission with the box/generals reminded me of the training my friends got me into (don't shoot until it is confirmed other side is hostile).

I was the first to post picks and didn't really know where to put them, so in case anyone hasn't seen'em they can be found here:

http://www.airsoftohio.com/gallery/index.php?cat=1

Looking forward to the next game! :D

Allein
a.k.a.
John

P90killer
04-13-2004, 12:49 PM
that game was **** loads of fun, but got better for me last night at 2 in the morning when i found the pictures of me and my 86th crew
thanks to 101st easy company
whoever that photographer was has a biotching camera
thanks

aimbot
04-13-2004, 06:10 PM
about the .30 cal box that was my fault sorry:( i put it in our van and i forgot about it. But i talked to (old school)our team leader a.k.a. MULLET/ and he said that he will take it back or something like that:confused: sorry about the iconvenience

Blade
04-13-2004, 06:57 PM
Aimbot,

LOL, there is no problem at all :)
I just to put my bbs back in the box ;)

D_Man
04-16-2004, 10:57 AM
Just a quick update:

I posted my pics from the event last night in the gallery, under Non-Specific AO Events.

:)

shatofo
04-17-2004, 03:21 PM
had a great time. thanks. one suggestion i have though is that more people need to carry their death flag because it was hard to tell who was and wasn't shot. thanks again.

-Shatofo of [iP]

ArmyHummer
04-18-2004, 06:05 PM
Not everyone has a red rag or "death flag" Strikers did, and always do now, and a few others, but with all the new people, and people who dont mess with it or dont care, youve got a lot not using it. I lost mine last time at springfield because it came off my head.:mad:

Prose
04-18-2004, 06:11 PM
I think the red flag needs to be enforced to support the use of the Medics and if you don't want to get shot again because advancing teams can't tell you are already wounded.

You can purchase 15 for like $4.00 at an autoparts store. When the game is over you can clean you guns.

notabob
04-18-2004, 07:38 PM
armyhummer, i remember blade holding up a death rag after the flag mission. he said someone needed to claim it. i dont know if it got claimed, but if it didnt, you might want to check with him.

Dirty
04-26-2004, 10:36 PM
Beautiful day for a great game of airsoft. Very nice job organizing everything Strikers. That cornfield charge was a rush.