PDA

View Full Version : Op. Air Cav (and Photos)

Wallace
11-09-2003, 01:28 AM
Guys I hope you had fun today. Thanks for everyone on showing up, and to the organizers in putting this event together.

Here are the pictures I took, the setting sun messed up my camera's white balance so some of them might have that surreal look. lol

Hope to see you all next time (next year?) !!!

Ez.Wallace

http://www.ez-co.com/Album.asp?Folder=20031109

TVCasualty
11-09-2003, 11:09 AM
I do believe that is one of the best pictures Frank could ever take...
http://www.ez-co.com/ShowPhoto.asp?PhotoID=Images/GamePhotos/20031109/SMLDSC_1090.JPG
(hahaha Wallace has your soul!!)

Good times, great pics, and sore legs!

D_Man
11-09-2003, 11:36 AM
I had a great time and was happy to meet up with everyone again. This also being my first time at the field, I was very impressed with its size and playability :D Even though camping out in 15 degree weather wasn't the best.

Overall though, I had a great time meeting some of the new players. You know it was worth the trip when your too sore to move at the end of the day ;)

Decoy
11-09-2003, 02:54 PM
I've got a fever, and the only cure for that fever is more airsoft!

For everyone who wasn't there here is a quick run-down of the day. The entire day was based on the attack/defend scenario. The first two games (from 10:30-1pm) attack and defend a flag on the top of a hill. There was no respawn for these first two games. After a lunch break we headed out to another hill that contains a rock face that at certain places was close to 15 feet high (with pathways through breaks in the rock). The attacking team (this was played twice too) got unlimited respawn and started from the bottom of the hill and had to get Scotlvr (wearing his orange) to the top. The defenders did not have respawn and tried to hold out as long as they could.

Scotlvr - Your CO is proud of you. Thanks for hosting such a "quick and dirty" game for all of us who needed this dose of airsoft.

B-STAB - It was great playing (and almost getting shot by you :D ) with you again. TV, as long as you, Iceman and myself keep dieing early our teams will achieve a greatness we've never imagened.

Strikers - It was nice to shoot you guys again. I've been needing that for quite some time. Thanks a lot Punisher for taking away from my little feeling of greatness by climbing the rock face...oh, well.

Wallace - Thanks for the pics!!!

Everyone else, it was nice meeting some new faces and shootin the bbs with the old ones. I can't wait to see most of you on the fields of battle again.

So when is the video coming out?

Scotlvr
11-09-2003, 03:27 PM
I hope everyone had a good time! I tried to keep it where it's the type of Airsoft everyone likes to play....Shoot'm up!!!!
Wallace...great pic's!
Strikers....You guy's had a great day.Frank that pic is just..how can I say... straight SEXY!!!LOL!!
I'll be working on next year already so expect some big stuff here in Springtucky next season!

Grease Man
11-09-2003, 06:24 PM
what a great time, i really love that boulder/rock formation hill. A little cold but adrenaline took care of that. excellent time. However from these pictures i have come to the clear conclusion that i am an oaf.

Grease Man

grunt
11-09-2003, 07:22 PM
Hey Scotlvr(chris) and Decoy(scott) I had a great time with you and the guys from 6mm Militia. Although it was freezing Friday night and through out the day Saturday I kept (kinda) warm and had fun killing them Strikers! Enjoyed it a lot! ;)

(too bad Bear couldn't play):D

Hope be at the next game in springtucky! wouldn't miss it:D

WolvSniper03
11-09-2003, 07:57 PM
This was the largest AirSoft I have been to (so far). It was great to meet everyone and I had a blast. I will definitely be back for the next AirCav event. Thanks to BSTAB for letting me tag along with them all day. I appreciate your generosity and that of all the other players I had the opportunity to meet.

Fox
11-09-2003, 11:11 PM
I loved the event guys... Once again, best event I've driven (far) to of the year.

And as of camping friday night....

LunchBox(my truck) Saves the day! (Yes.. I slept in the back of my truck.).

It was awsome playing with every one down there, and seeing every one again since may (Aka CM2 or, the Mud hole of fran bar.).

All the games were awsome... and only a 2 minute break between the different games. Hopefully next time it will only be larger! Great field. Though it may not be *sniper* friendly. It is *RPK* friendly.

Cheers
Fox

ArmyHummer
11-10-2003, 08:21 AM
Great game guys. It was really nice seeing you all and playing the missions we had today. I really liked them, I loved the whole "mountain" mission that was pretty great!

Good seeing the Cleveland group come down, and playing with my team - REPRESENT!
:p

Cant wait to get AirCav 2 going!

Thanks for the pictures Wallace, and Scotlvr for the time and missions, Spewy, Decoy, the whole group was great.

spewy
11-10-2003, 09:27 AM
I would have to say that I loved that day. Enough people to make it a fun time and it was most of the old group from paintcheck. For those of you that camped out, my hat is off to you. I couldn't camp out in that weather if I tried. The back cliff's are great for the game. Tons of places to hide and work your way up the wall face. It is as close as I can come to the real thing. If it wasn't for the reloading area being so far away, that place would be way better than the hill that we have played in Springfield before. I will bring a backpack next time with all the ammo and batteries I need so that wont be a problem. It seemed like there was much less quad traffic back there too.

Decoy, Scot, Army, and everyone else, good to see you.:D

Blade
11-11-2003, 09:48 AM
Indeed, I'm a nice looking man :cool:

Scotlvr, what a great idea to play that far part of the field...It just have a nice setup for whatever type of game you want to play. I can already see a convoy mission on that path.....deadly :cool:

Thanks to all of you that showed up. The weather was just perfect to play, mud was not that bad but overall, no rain or snow to worry about.

That was a great pleasure to shoot you guys :D

grunt
11-11-2003, 03:11 PM
haha Francois, I got you though....remember when you said freeze to that one kid, then he shot back but you got him. Then you were crawling and I shot you. hehe yea just wanted to let you know. :D

Iceman
11-11-2003, 03:20 PM
That way pretty darn cool. Oh, and one small victory which I think I need to share with everyone. The m4 didn't screw up once. So, all i need to do now is get a battery which is worth a darn and we'll be in business.

To Frank, dang dude, That pic looks posed.

To T.V.- Always remember my son, the path to greatness for me, you, and Decoy is lined with ambushes and sharp plastic pain.

To Chris- Awesome game dog, can't wait for Air Cav II.

To Wallace- nice pics, it always helps rub salt in the wounds to see myself walking off the field dead yet again. :) keep it up man.

maverick
11-11-2003, 04:58 PM
Id like to say that we had good play from all sides. I enjoyed the field alot. I guess putting the tread-mil on an incline of 9-15 really help out alot. blade and I are the best when we are sniper-scouting. We made great team work. Good job to all of you who put out and completed your missions. I appreciate those who showed respect.

The Tick
11-16-2003, 01:51 PM
Great game. Great field. Lots of scenario possibilities.

Wallace - Thanks for the pictures.

BTW - To the guy who shot me as we moved across the top in the last scenario. I did not feel the hit. Probably due to all my gear. I could hear BBs hitting all around me but I didn't know any hit me. With that said, there was no reason to get pissed off. From that distance I believed you when you said you actualy saw the BBs hit me so I called myself out. Please give people a chance to be honorable before getting worked up. I'll try to do the same.

Serpent
11-16-2003, 07:02 PM
Alright, this game has proven several things to me, 1 I need to work on the M24's trigger, 2 more high cap G3 mags, 3 I need to carry more crap out to the field each time.

That last mission where we had a 2 minute break in switching sides, I was not the only one that was under the impression we play it once then go back then come back to switch sides, had that been the case I'd have opted for more power than my SG1 can provide :D oh well. I had a good time,

Pliskin word of advice when someone starts shooting at you, duck. Jsut a hint there;) going after the flag and all...:eek:

Nitrous
11-16-2003, 07:13 PM
It was alright, but the "Defend the Cliff" mission was great, even if I did end up getting shot in the butt, haha. KBaller and I were within 20 feet of the flag in the first game when there was a slight confusion as to who was on whose team after we climbed up the rocks, and we got shot. :( Oh well.

deebomaster
11-16-2003, 07:50 PM
Just curious...what FPS limits did you have during your game? Sounds like you guys had a lot of fun, hopefully I can get in on the next time around, if ive got all my sh** together.

-Deebo

Serpent
11-16-2003, 09:01 PM
Deebo, Standard AO FPS limits and rules were in effect.

Nitrous
11-22-2003, 09:36 PM
Any word on the movie from the event...anyone?