PDA

View Full Version : AAR Operation 117, Springfield, Ohio, 07/05/08

Blade
07-06-2008, 09:10 AM
Good day people, the weather was great, the players played fair and with honesty, I honestly have nothing to complains about. It was great to see old friends playing again (Locutus, Mike, etc). If we are lucky, we might have a video coming out of all this (hillslam <- :D )

I really enjoyed the day and I hope you did too.

How did you guy like the arifield? who was saying it can't be taken from the enemy??? :D

Zero
07-06-2008, 09:35 AM
Yeah, we had a great time. I wish we could have played in the field with the buildings a bit more though, because we did Brown Town like 4 times. The trees being knocked over was really cool too. It created a lot of concealment and blocked trails and stuff. It was a great event and Springfield is a great field to play at.

Blade
07-06-2008, 09:38 AM
I wish we could have played in the field with the buildings a bit more though, because we did Brown Town like 4 times

you mean the open field (airfield) or brown town and emerald city?

Killswitch
07-06-2008, 10:29 AM
I had a great time today, weather was nice, and there was a ton of action. It was the perfect day till I decided to take a swim lol

Blade
07-06-2008, 10:32 AM
Even the swim probably kept you cool :D
I personally enjoy every of them despite the fact that my PTW won't like them at all hehe...

Killswitch
07-06-2008, 10:33 AM
yeah it was certainly refreshing.

Zero
07-06-2008, 11:36 AM
you mean the open field (airfield) or brown town and emerald city?

The Airfield I guess. it was the first game that we had three teams. Multicam vs. Strikers vs. Woodland. When we had the armbands for the first time. Right after the 'Turkey Hunt'. Those buildings looked nice.

shadow3
07-06-2008, 11:52 AM
yea thats the airfield.

Blade
07-06-2008, 11:58 AM
Well, now that most of you saw the airfield, here is what we have been thinking (see image). Now obviously, many things still need to be done. The next step is the guard shacks and the fence. Windows will also be added on the next upgrade. We planned to have the 32x60 building done this year but we are out of $$$ and time and also need to start working on the West field now.

so the more you guys come, the more buildings you will get...

Zero
07-06-2008, 12:13 PM
Well that looks awesome. If you could do that you could generate a lot bigger ops and a larger variety of missions. I plan to come back a lot so hopefully others will too!

ace
07-06-2008, 12:14 PM
The airfield was very nice and by the looks of that picture even nicer in the future. I like that 2 of the building were in range from the woods. It was a very fun day. I was exspecialy happy that i kept from falling in the mud this time.

Evil Head
07-06-2008, 12:17 PM
Airfield, are you sure? Because if you ask me it should be named pier or boatdock or shipyards. Instead of a landing strip you should just call it harbor. With way this seasons going that whole area could be a pond by September. :)

BTW, had a good time yesterday.

Blade
07-06-2008, 12:18 PM
The objective with the airfield is being able to be self-sufficient (could play mission within the airfield all day) but also offer attack/defense opportunities from the wood as well as offering a great team defensive position (i.e. The Western Forces with Hardlock will use the airfield as HQ). If we get more $$$ than expected, we will most likely have more 30x60 built around it, making it a full town.

But anyway, thanks to all of you for helping us making it happens.

As I said, it is not done yet and a lot still need to be done. Expect something as big as this in the West field

P.S. Evild Head, this is Kooloon (spelling) airport (the one by the ocean in Hong Kong :D)

DOA Joker
07-06-2008, 12:58 PM
Thx 4 a really great time Blade i had a great time shooting up the Strikers lol but overall another great event.

Darkstar
07-06-2008, 01:19 PM
I had a good time too. It was somewhat shocking to see how many trees were down on the East side of the field. It will really change the dynamics of the field, especially if the fallen trees arren't cleaned up.

Sorry about shooting you in the face Blade. I tried as best I could to shoot for center mass, but laying prone and trying to ambush three people is tough.

The airfield layout looks great. It will be nice to see it progress.

See you all at Dirty San.... er, Sandbox!

Darkstar out.

Blade
07-06-2008, 01:39 PM
No biggie Darkstar, more fears than damages :D
You simply shot my helmet, my goggle and my chin strap, everything but my face.....

Hillslam
07-06-2008, 03:58 PM
Evilhead - USE THE BRIDGE! lol (yes there was a bridge)

All - very impressed on the assaults on the airfield. The new players are really picking up tactics fast. For many past years the discussion (whining) has been how unpassable the open field is. Saturday saw several successful assaults on the airfield, from the OPEN! You used the same tactics we first pushed at 210 and 110 and obviously it stuck: suppressors on a wide arc and assaults making a beeline. Very nice to see.

Yes we have footage from the day but its was mainly the brown town assaults and being helmet cams and us being actually in play it was mostly shots of foliage and Strikers' asses (taut and firm). However after dieing I would walk and film and I got some good footage I intend to post.

Next some CONSTRUCTIVE criticism. Please take this positively:

What I *didn't* see were the M203s and grenades from previous events used on the town assaults. We had one pistol packing woodland hold a 2nd floor for a long time because nobody could pony up a rocket or grenade. Have you forgotten how effective those are for CQB already? (I'm just as guilty, I left my M203 in the van...)

One thing I need to point out - I noticed some unsafe horseplay. It was all fun and good natured intra-team stuff, but folks who are new to Springfield this year; this ain't your backyard and it ain't Conquest or some 5 bucks for all you can play paintball field. There is no need for unsafe antics, horseplay, retaliation shooting, etc. even if it might be your own brother.

Lastly - saw alot of great guns out there Saturday. Saw alot of crap gear. I actually saw someone in flatop white tennis reboks. Folks try to spend some gun upgrade money instead on a tan camo and a green camo and enough pouches to carry enough water for 4 hours. The great thing about airsoft is that a bone stock gun makes you absolutely competitive. If you spent so much on tricking out your boutique blaster that you can only carry one 8oz Evian bottled water, and weasring a pair of low talking nikes, you're going to look pretty stupid 2 hours into a game when you're going slower than my grandpa and little kids and fat old men with GBBs are blowing you and your one thousand dollar gun away. After camo and water, a decent radio goes a LONG way on making you effective, safe, and having more fun.

Anyway - good sportsmanship, great play, excellent weather, grilled burgers.... looking forward to much more this year.

VIDEOS COMING

PS - sorry to the defender under the stairs I lit up , someone's always hiding there - but you made me pay, but remember semi indoors k?

Firefox
07-06-2008, 04:53 PM
unfortunately i missed this op due to my rides change in plans. So just out of plain curiosity...... Strikers, do you think that another op will be hosted at springfield before the 31st?

Evil Head
07-06-2008, 05:17 PM
Evilhead - USE THE BRIDGE! lol (yes there was a bridge)

Use the bridge??? That's a tactical no no. Major bottle neck point. Besides I'm not afraid to get my boots wet, or my knees, and my thighs considering how much water is out there. Anyone selling an OD green snorkel?

Everything else you said about BDU's, amen brother.

Locutus
07-06-2008, 05:21 PM
Good game Frank! Field was as rugged as I remember and it's a great place to play.

AWOL
07-06-2008, 07:55 PM
Hillslam,
Watch the fat old man with the GBB, I feel self conscious. LOL. Great day, and had a good time.

Hillslam
07-06-2008, 08:00 PM
Hey I ain't young or thin and I own a GBB too, lol.

My favorite comment from the day:
"watch out, that guy is an MP you guys are toast..."

(drawing "so-what" stares from the usual Springfield attendee list of ex-military, current military, police, deputies, EMTs, etc)
Some of the responses were pure classic.

--------
Lesson: Know your audience.
--------

Hillslam
07-06-2008, 10:43 PM
First clip from the event.

Sorry Bot - I had to post this:
Killswitch goes for a dunk (http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=2029529834007265021)

Darkstar
07-06-2008, 11:04 PM
Holy Crap! ahahaaaa!

Zero
07-07-2008, 09:55 AM
Oh my god...That's hilarious. When most people want to cool down, they have a drink of water...when others want to cool down, they go for a swim in a muddy puddle...

StrangeKnowledge
07-07-2008, 07:47 PM
I had an awesome time saturday only things I could have done without are all the ATV's and the mosquitoes. That last game was a bit long, I think the space between the 3 areas was a bit big for what we were doing but that jusy my 2 cents. I'll try to get the pics I took up soon.

-Mage

Blade
07-07-2008, 07:54 PM
Mage, the 3 areas were all link by the refinery, which is 85% of the mission occurred. where were you guys???

As far as ATVs and Mosquitoes, I doubt they will go anytime soon :D
Learn to use them at your advantages :D

StrangeKnowledge
07-07-2008, 08:52 PM
I was defending brown town from a possible bomb threat. Atleast the hospital had a nice breeze. :)

-Mage

Spartan-120
07-07-2008, 10:01 PM
I'd like to say thanks guys for making my first airsoft game a lot of fun, even though I only got to shoot one person before getting lit up repeatedly, showed up hours late (d'oh - will work on that), and pretty much couldn't find my own a$$ with two hands and a map during the games. I wish I would have thought to bring either my UTG M324 sniper or my Mk. 14 MOD 1 Squad Support Gun to Brown Town. I could have had a party up top in the hospital!

Evil Head
07-07-2008, 10:03 PM
Spartan-120, who were you out there so we can remember you next time?

Spartan-120
07-07-2008, 10:11 PM
I was the Frakking New Guy with the MARPATs, MARPAT LBV (with CamelBak bladder installed), totally stock JG M16A3 (which served me quite well, actually), and the plastic bayonet. I was one of only two guys (that I saw) wearing MARPATs, the other guy was wearing a black LBV, though.

I almost shot those ATVers who drove through Brown Town.

Almost.

Hillslam
07-07-2008, 11:18 PM
Stock guns are just fine at Springfield actually. Looks like you spent your money well (two guns, camo and a camelbak).

But please, never say M14 and support gun in the same sentence again. It hurts my ears. :)
(Yes I know it was a 100series "casual" game).

First compiled video from the event uploading now. Will post link as soon as it's live. Let us know if you see yourself in it and point out the time index.

EDIT:

Video Link
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=6663625600538545200

Temple
07-08-2008, 12:09 AM
OMG LMAO love the extra at the end HS

Hillslam
07-08-2008, 11:24 PM
Second video up

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=6500913823651546015

AWOL
07-08-2008, 11:55 PM
I just loved Voodoo shooting me as that second sniper kill from about 175 feet. Time stamp 11:17. Great shot.

StrangeKnowledge
07-10-2008, 11:15 PM
Sorry for the wait but here are the pics that I took, enjoy.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/21602484@N03/sets/72157606096020584/

-Mage

Blade
07-10-2008, 11:25 PM
good pics Mage...

STARS_Frost
08-08-2008, 02:22 PM
Had a good time out there. Good Job Blade and crew for getting me out of the 2nd story of the tower. Last man standing.
FROST
U.S. Army
Military Police