PDA

View Full Version : Op 211 Springfield

Iron Maiden
05-25-2008, 09:34 AM
Just wanted to thank everyone for coming out and enjoying the GORGEOUS day we had. Wallace, DS, Link always a pleasure seeing you guys, Enoch awesome charge at the end of the first scenario...you were a sight to behold lol.

I do have some bad news for you woodland guys though...while you all were valiently defending the airfield? We had two guys sneaking behind and taking the other objectives, plus the airfield DID fall at the last minute...the GOOD news for you though is we only got 5 out of the 7 BY 1400 index...soooo you still got the best of us though. Good job!

Hope to see you all out at the field again soon!

ace
05-25-2008, 10:11 AM
Yes it was a fun day. Thank you for haveing such a good event. The turkey shoot was fun even though i was a turkey. The second scenario though was fun but sense i was one of the four people defending brown town i didnt see anyaction. That is ok it was still alot of fun and it was also nice to meet some of you finaly.

Temple
05-25-2008, 10:25 AM
FUN FUN FUN! Thanks to you Blade and your team for hosting another great event. I hope nobody let the gate open this time.

Over all the missions where fun. My team did well holding off the tan side during both fields of play. Nice job trying to rush the airfield maiden =). Hillslam pretty much had everything locked down both games.I didn't really see any bad sportsmanship or people not calling there hits.

It was a great day and ill see you all next time!

Snook
05-25-2008, 11:36 AM
my legs are in deep pain. pulled thigh muscles on both legs as soon as the day started... ended up sitting out... but still enjoyed the company of Hardlock and Maiden.. got to know a few others too... so all in all it was a good day.

Random Info: Silverback used to be a professional body builder, he was in magazines and such. Looking pretty ripped too. haha awesome.

Iron Maiden
05-25-2008, 11:37 AM
Oh I also forgot to mention....a special thank you to Link...FOR HEALING HILLSLAM SO HE COULD KILL US ALL....:mad: :rolleyes:

**hint** you are NOT supposed to heal the OPPOSING TEAM! :D

Warlock
05-25-2008, 11:44 AM
Thank You goes to Strikers for holding the event. The weather was amazing, the ATV's are annoying just like normal, especially when they surrounded are case in the last scenario.

Here is what one of the ATV's said to us after the event. He said he had to watch out for us because they are driving around drinking beers, and we are lying on the ground dead. T

There are some heavy trigger fingers out in the field, but thats just my fault I like Semi to much, I guess ill have to adapt.

Good job goes to green team they made moving around in a squad a nightmare, Players would pop up everywhere. That airfield and treeline by the railroad where hell.
________
BEST VAPORIZORS (http://vaporizers.net)

HardLock
05-25-2008, 01:10 PM
I sat out the 2nd scenario in East side of field, but one thing I did notice was several players returning to the staging area with BLEEDING face wounds. This is UNACCEPTABLE. Please make SURE you repect the MED's (Minimum Engagement Distances) and use semi auto fire at close range. Any one caught deliberately shooting for head/face will be expelled. :mad:

Windex
05-25-2008, 02:38 PM
that was me with the bleeding head wound. It was the first mission that lasted like 10 minutes, and yea, it was from like no more then 20ft. All i saw was bb's flying at my face. Could have easially gotten a body shot on me to be truthful. I was dissapoited. Let alone I got 4 bb's on my mouth, 2 hit my lips..nice

So like the rest of the day I was paranoid i'd get shot in the face again...

That blowback M4 was pretty sweet though...

Iron Maiden
05-25-2008, 02:53 PM
Windex you weren't the only one. So yeah, if we catch you purposely doing headshots and too close shots you will be getting your walking papers. This is a sport of honor, we are not out for true blood here boys and girls. Be aware of your MED for the fps of your weapon and put your gun on semiauto only inside of buildings.

also, on a side note, even though I nagged you all to death there were STILL people who didn't carry water into the field with you and DRANK it. You would be suprised at how much better you can play if you keep yourself hydrated! And not pass out. I might start doing spot checks as the summer gets hotter on water carrying. This seriously is NO joke.

On a good note...(big round of applause) YOU ALL CLOSED THE GATES VERY WELL THANK YOU!!!!

Darkstar
05-25-2008, 03:20 PM
Thanks go out to Blade and the Strikers for putting on a great event! Having not had the chance to get up there in a long time, it was great to see the field change and hope to see it evolve even more in the future! I'll look forward to the next one! Maiden, I think it will still be a good idea to nag Blade about the ski lift for that last kill. I had to bed my heart to keep beating at the end of the day during that final climb. LOL. It definitely shows you how out of shape you can get after a long winter of low activity.

The only comment I can think of that is critical was some confusion among newer players of the respawn rules. People should remember that 300 feet is roughly the length of a football field, and I saw instances where this rule can sometimes be used to give people the chance to walk deeper into enemy territory to respawn in a quiet zone. At such a large field, having a single respawn a half mile away at a dedicated respawn area or base isn't always the best option as most people don't want to walk that far. A long walk adds to player fatigue and also slows down the overall pace of the game due to the increased time involved. This is really where medics come into their own. Comparing these respawn rules and comparing them to those used at my own events, though I generally host events on a MUCH smaller field, it was interesting to notice the differences and compare advantages and disadvantages of different rule sets.

I'm also a person who recommends having water at all times, regardless of how you feel about lugging around a canteen or a hydration carrier. Hydration is extremely important during hot days, and even during mild or cold days too. People often don't realize the importance of staying hydrated on the field. I'd recommend going further than spot checks to full-on making it a requirement for people to have a hydration system of some kind at the check-in station.

Finally, the gates shouldn't be that confusing to people. They certainly weren't for me. Of course upon leaving the event for the day, there was a gate that was opened that was closed when drove in during the morning, and I wasn't sure if I should close it or not. The gate next to the road is a gimme. If you don't keep that one closed, you desert to get smacked the the Iron Palm of Doom! Glad to hear there weren't any gate problems this time!

Had fun! I'll definitely be back more often!

Darkstar out.

Torque
05-25-2008, 04:53 PM
Thanks to Blade and the Strikers gang for putting on a great event! We had a pretty good turnout. Shout out to the guys from 6mm, Stormblade, the guys from Cleveland, Michigan, and all the other tan team members for hanging in there during a tough day. The missions were challenging (just the way I like 'em), and I'm still running some of the events over in my mind, lots to chew on. Green team, great job on holding the airfield for so long.

It was tough coordinating and communicating amongst all the teams (at least from my perspective), but it looked like everyone did pretty well and had a great time. Hindsight is always 20/20, I think if we had it to do over again we'd have done the second scenario a little differently. Ah well, live and learn..

Phat al
05-25-2008, 05:58 PM
This was the best day of airsoft i've had yet at Springfield! i thought that the first scenario was great, and the second one wasn't half bad either. We had the airfield locked down on the first mission but the tan guys sneaked in and took it at the last second while i wasn't paying attention, you sneaky cowards:mad: jk:p anyway, it was a great day, hope to get back out there soon.

AWOL
05-25-2008, 06:49 PM
All I could add is WOW! This was only my second time out to play, and it was a really great time. Thank you Doc for your leadership at the Airfield. We held our ground despite several attempts from them to take it.

I was really proud to have been there. Everyone showed true sportsmanship. Thank you all for helping me out, and offering to carry my gear up that nasty hill.

Cant wait until July so we can do it all again!

Blade
05-25-2008, 06:55 PM
Awol, don't be dissapointed but I should be able to hold another 2 events before July :p

Blade
05-25-2008, 10:25 PM
On a more serious note now, I am glad to hear that you guys had a good time. When you try to throw a serious and organized event like without going full throttle with internet tools such as official bdus or team selection, many things can go wrong. Yesterday, few things went right and few things went wrong. We started late but tried to compensate by keeping the game going until 6pm. The players wanted more trigger time in the afternoon so we give them more "close combat" opportunities. One thing is sure, no matter how hard the missions were or how much walking you all had to do, I heard that the fight kept going no matter what....so in a way, i happy that you guys did not bail out. The 2xx series event is meant to be more complicated and less trigger oriented and you guys accepted it greatly yesterday. Thanks for showing me serious players are still alive in Ohio.

I would have hope not hearing about face shots but I guess, as Hardlock mentioned, we will have no choice but to go with drastic actions next time.

Otherwise, I loved my day :D

Darkside Six
05-26-2008, 12:49 AM
Like all of the past SpringField events I have attended, I had a great time Yesterday. Got to meet some new people, and seen some old friends, and I took some decent pictures aswell. Ill try to get the pictures up on here with in the next day or so. Other then the couple incidents with a certain person, which has been brought to the attention of Hardlock, I dont think I saw any other problems.

Id also would like to thank Kong, 6MM Militia (Decoy and BullFrog) and Torque for letting me tag along with them throughout the day as well.

Enoch247
05-26-2008, 12:53 AM
, Enoch awesome charge at the end of the first scenario...you were a sight to behold lol.

Haha, it just comes natural when your on the 97th ;)

Spectre
05-26-2008, 01:54 AM
Guys, as always, it was a great time playing at Springfield. Everyone from my group had a blast. But we did bail out early since many of use had to be heading home by 5.

But you know, no matter what, I always manage to take a face dive in the mud...

Windex
05-26-2008, 08:56 AM
I dunno if it was just me but I had alot of friendly fire. once getting out by friendly fire. But mostly I herd some players complaining around brown town with friendly fire.

Also I just wanted to take notice that I got blade out when he was east of brown town on the road with 2 other players with him and they were on a road...haha! I wasn't sure if I got all 3 of ya out there, I think I herd a "oh crap" from blade if i'm correct.

Also, just a note for some other games at springfield. I was kind of hoping that we'd get a chance to play just in the bottom field. When me and standin' was holdin the halfway house I was looking at the field and I thought, "oh how fun would that be to play a mission with just both teams in the open field..." Well. I was thinking we'd start both teams at opposite ends by the train tracks, then have a couple spawn points along the way, so that the players when they die can go right back and touch one to live again or have the enemy take it over and put another team back. I just felt that the 2nd mission that lasted till 2:30 was a little oh, unfair to the tan team. I mean, I only shot my gun 2 time at a enemy for what 2+ hours...

Chrono and checkin went well. I do think we need to be more strict on times though. It wasn't any strikers fault that we started late, we had players arriving at 10 when it was suposed to start. Yea it sucked waking up at 6am for me but really, it wasn't that hard. I was waking up early to go have fun... I just feel that its bad that we have to wait for 5-10 people when most of us already got there 1+ hour ago. Maybe we could have 1 person at the checkin hut and get all the stuff done there then have them put on the red rag and walk down to the action then get on the right side or talk to a teammate and get informed then take the rag off and start, rather then not starting the game till 11... But im not mad about this at all, just something that we need to work on to improve the "fun factor."

Blade
05-26-2008, 09:33 AM
Quite honestly, I don't know why the afternoon game took so long to really start. The Multicam squad (holding the bomb) were engaged within 20min of the beginning of the game but even if Marpat saw us and radioed back our position, it took another good 30-40 minutes before more troops showed up and they were not even from the OD team!

Mission in the open field? are you asking for speedball kinda thing now windex?? :D

And yes, we started late because too many guys showed up too late and in the future, chrono will stop at 10am and will reopen after both teams will be in the field playing, meaning if you miss the chrono, you will get in the game 15-30min later.

Now one thing I noticed, every "more serious" mission requires more time for explananation or time to setup the medics or special rules. At this point, I just don't know how to speed that up beside getting everything online, which most of the time, will not be read by players anyway. So as of now, I need to find a way to get serious mission moving much quicker.....that is my next goal :D

Decoy
05-26-2008, 12:56 PM
We missed the first scenario due to our team's SAW chewing a piston at Chrono. Thank you Hillslam, Wallace and Blade for helping us out and having parts available to try to get the SAW back up and running.

To all my friends, old and new, it good seeing all of you again. DarksideSix, it was nice to finally put a face with the name. Your one of the few single players that has rolled with us that didn't flag our position. BRAVO!!!

I hate to turn this negative...nothing below is directed at any specific individuals. Before people may jump to conclusions, read of all it then react. Also, this is written by someone who spent most of the day with a red rag on.
I would ask that all players look at the event prior to showing up.

If the event says Milsim, odds are you wont be shooting all day long. If you have to "count you kills" or be on your trigger all day long, please don't come or learn to adapt. I don't know of many milsim players showing up to open style/speedball games and trying to turn the event into a milsim one. If it has happened I haven't seen it. So please be curteous and don't do it to us. I had more fun at the last Op100 series event series than I did at 211 because I knew when I steped on the field what the game style would be like.

I've noticed over the past few events, not just at Springfield, that the attitude of the players has changed drastically. I hate that the following has to be said every year or so; THIS IS NOT A VIDEO GAME OR REAL STEEL! Just because you've got your sights/cross hairs on a target doesn't mean that you'll hit that target. Your scope/sights might be zeroed at 25-30ft, but that doesn't mean that it is zeroed at 200ft+. Wind, branches, leaves and numerous other things can effect the flight of your bbs. So once again, just because someone is in your sights, it doesn't mean you've hit them. This is not a rant to be used to justify people not calling their hits. It is to try to knock some sense into some players. Injuries have occured, damage to personal property has occured over the past few events due to players justifying their actions with the "but they weren't calling their hits" excuse. This is a game of honor. Honor goes both ways. Call your hits just as you want your opponent to call their's. Not calling your hits because you think the other side isn't calling their's doesn't help the game. Don't full auto someone at point blank or near point blank range. That is where some of the injuries and damage comes from. Overkill is not cool. We're better than that. [b]HONOR, people. Rember that. [End Rant]

Big Boss
05-26-2008, 01:00 PM
I had a blast playing cant wait for the next one. The weather was great all day. I did however hate the fact that my Saw went down before the end of the 1st game and i couldnt get it back up and running. Thanks Awol for letting me use your pistol that game

Snook
05-26-2008, 01:53 PM
Maiden... I found out what was actually wrong with my leg.. I had a thorn in it and had to work it out and it got infected a little so I had to Squeeze out all the puss and junk and pour peroxide in it, and whala it was healed this morning.

I have to give a big thanks to the Strikers for being quick to help someone who is injured on the field. It's pretty nice knowing there is a RN and EMT on the field. Thanks guys.

Vitamin
05-26-2008, 08:12 PM
I had a good time. I thank 97th for letting me and my friend run with you guys on the first mission. Even though we got split up like 10 minutes in. I agree that if your coming out to mil-sim event, don't expect to shoot your rifle every 20 seconds. Hardlock, Silverback, & Iron Maiden thanks for letting me run with you and the rest of the people that walked all the way to the end of the field and up to the train tracks. Really made me feel like I was back in the military. All I have to say on that is, everyone remember your spacing. Don't get bunched up. Sorry had to say that.

Blade another good event. Forgot what it was like to play for hours straight without stopping. Yea it really sucked for me when we charged the airfield, I got a jam and the only cleaning rod I had was for my pistol.

I did get shot in the head a couple of times but it's okay. Just remember guys to aim for center mass. Can't wait for the next 2XX event and really getting ready for op sandbox.

shadow3
05-26-2008, 08:41 PM
Frank, grfeat day of airsoft, cant wait for the next one, just want to say great job to the 7-8 guys, hillslam and D.O.A especially who formed the wall at the end defending me long enough to get the bomb from the dead tan guy.

Link
05-27-2008, 07:07 PM
Um, I was the dead tan guy there at the end. And you're welcome - I was contemplating not letting go of the case at all! And bleeding out isn't quite dead... I still think it should have counted when I knifed your toes;)... Just kidding. I get a bit dramatic when I have an audience of ATV riders watching me die.

Between healing the enemy only to be 'Banged' in the face by him, finding new ways to incapacitate a PTW, and being directly responsible for losing that case at the end of the day, I had a great time. My lesson for the day: Marpat is NOT tigerstripe, no matter how many Strikers patches are on the uniform.

A special thanks to Wallace for the replacement rifle and for any and all of green team that used 'Bang Bang' rather than shooting from 5 feet away (yes, even you, HillSlam!).

Hillslam
05-27-2008, 07:52 PM
Sorry its taken so long for me to post. Been a crazy weekend.

Kudos to tan for a heck of a fight. Kudos and then some to OD for great teamwork, great sportsmanship, great radio discipline, and so on and so on and so on. And thanks to Link for the heal. :) don't feel so bad, I got healed on that spot TWICE. (the first time Blade bang banged me upon being healed).

Special thanks to Whiskey, Kahuna, DOA, and the airfield defense crew (Doc) for excellent radio traffic and being cohesive, especially for a pick-up defense.

Extra Special thanks to the OD players (and yes I've already forgotten who it was) who stayed defending Browntown ALL MORNING despite no action ever getting there. THAT, dear friends, is milsim dedication. Big round of applause. I'll run with you any time.

Kudos to Aegis and Kurow for getting around us, despite our seemingly airtight defense and capping several objectives in our rear.

Kudos to Hardlock and crew for taking the airfield at the end. Arrrrg. Lucky bastages....

-------------------

Having said all that: the biggest negative I saw - I had at least a half dozen OD players who were not ready at all regarding water and hydrating. And it showed: we lost several at midday and I had to ref some lost tempers near end of day (Remember - irritability is an early sign of dehydration. If something is pissing you off, chances are its YOU who are not hydrated - no kidding.) We're not talking about spending big money. Canteens are cheap. Water bottles in your pocket are even cheaper. Getting dehydrated and pissy in the afternoon is expensive.

-------------------

Ok, off my high horse. Great game, great play - hope to see you all out next time.

Killswitch
05-27-2008, 09:22 PM
I was one of the brown town defenders, and hey I'll run with you anytime too Hillslam!