PDA

View Full Version : Red Dragon Open Play 4/19/08

04-19-2008, 06:18 PM
Great game guys. Thanks to Darkstar and Scorpion for making the day run so smoothly, aside from the extremely long staging period, the day went well. There were a few minor hit calling issues, but nothing that took away from the play. Thanks to colussus for the gun help, the M4 is finally working again. And let us not forget SoL'S heroic charges. Great game overall and hope to see all of you back out there this summer.

colossus
04-19-2008, 07:29 PM
no problem punisher, glad you got it fixed.

SoL's down WE NEED A MEDIC!

alsip87
04-19-2008, 09:23 PM
great game today guys. had a lot of fun. i cant remember why i stopped playing for three yrs. highlight of the day was when the guy got the m203 to the head. good times home slices:D

Titan
04-20-2008, 02:27 AM
highlight of the day was when the guy got the m203 to the head. good times home slices:D

How could something inherently dangerous be a highlight. If you think head shots are going to be the sweetest thing in airsoft I really think you need to reevaluate while you play airsoft, to watch people in pain or to have fun. Please do not post stupid things like this again.

Son of Liberty
04-20-2008, 08:54 AM
Brian, you weren't there. Rob on Phalanx and I were climbing up the ladder to the Second Story of the tower and Rob got hit with a 203 in the head, it wasn't that bad of a shot, no welts or anything. All that was exposed was his head which would allow a headshot.

Anyway, I had a great time. Jimmy, get that gun fixed. Caleb it was great working with you finally. Phalanx, thanks for the good times as usual. Jack chill-out your gun won't explode on you and kill you. Aaron thanks for tossing me around like you always do. Leftenant Storch, well I don't know, just a good time playing with you again. All around I had a blast. Gary thanks for letting us use the field, and for the great food. White team, thanks for giving us a target rich environment! Last game was the best, constant firefights and just a good ole jolly time.

Cut Throat
04-20-2008, 11:47 AM
I wish I could have made it out(had to go to a lax game in columbus) Anyone get some pics?

Torque
04-20-2008, 11:57 AM
Wish I could have been there, I just got back in town. Btw, when is the next open play at Red Dragon?

Spec-Ops
04-20-2008, 02:07 PM
Great Game, this was my second Red Dragon event and the best one so far. I think the event organizers did a great job at running this event, making sure there were always intense firefights. Great job and thanks to all who came out to play and given us a great game.

browning
04-20-2008, 04:37 PM
Leftenant Storch, well I don't know, just a good time playing with you again.

Glad you didn't bail on us after all Leftenant Curnutte. ;)

Anyone get some pics?
Mobius did. I'm sure he'll post them soon.

Titan
04-20-2008, 06:53 PM
Brian, you weren't there. Rob on Phalanx and I were climbing up the ladder to the Second Story of the tower and Rob got hit with a 203 in the head, it wasn't that bad of a shot, no welts or anything. All that was exposed was his head which would allow a headshot.

Surrender rules are there for a reason.

Son of Liberty
04-20-2008, 07:18 PM
Not from across a room Brian. Rob laughed about it afterwards.

Titan
04-20-2008, 07:24 PM
Alright I will with hold further comment, I was just reacting to a dangerous statement, sorry.

oldschool2
04-20-2008, 08:26 PM
thanx son of liberty i was the one up there and had no choice felt bad but he wasnt about to surrender. i asked but no was the answer, i aimed high to avoid a bad out come. please dont stress over it titan iam a vet in airsoft and do watch over a lot of newbies. oldschool out

Scorpion
04-20-2008, 10:47 PM
*Side note*
Every single one of you - please get off the M203 topic. This is the final comment. I was running the scenario, I was sitting on top of the tower and could see the whole ordeal go down from 3ft below me. It was my teammate who was hit, it was a great ambush position, a great hit call, and an all around hilarious moment. If you weren't there don't comment because no safety rules were broken and surrender wasn't even remotely an option. We all laughed as it happened and are still laughing a day later.

*Main note*
For everyone who came out - THANK YOU! - I had just as much fun playing the first half of the day as I did running the scenarios the second half. It is because of players like yourselves who came out to throw some plastic with me that make Red Dragon such an enjoyable field to play at. Myself and the rest of Phalanx owe you guys thanks for putting up a terrific fight and keeping the fight going all day.

I hope everyone of you had as much fun as I did and I am looking forward to seeing all of you at the next Open play day.

Also when it's a little warmer I'm sure SLAYER(Gary, the field owner) will bring his tank out for us to use. So keep your eyes peeled for the upcoming games!

JestersFool
04-21-2008, 07:50 AM
Thank you to everyone for allowing me to play. This was my first Airsoft Ohio event and certainly will not be my last. My friends and I had a great time it was a lot of fun with a lot of terrific people. Again thanks to all for making it a great day I look forward to future events.
Aaron great job btw on the latter half of the day in organizing the event and keeping the energy going.

-Jester

oldschool2
04-21-2008, 08:30 AM
colossus speed read and you will be able to understand all in all it was a fine day, the saw was buzzn at the bridge red team had way more vets on it but the white team never gave up. this was a hell of a day fire fights everywhere, i went through 3000bbs or so in my 249 and still they kept coming, great day:)

Phat al
04-21-2008, 11:30 AM
My only complaint about the day was that it took TWO HOURS to get started. in the future, that definitely needs some work. aside from that, it was a great day. Despite having most of the veteran players stacked against them, white team put up a great fight, and everyone had a lot of fun. i can't wait to get out there again!

btw, RED FTW!

Son of Liberty
04-21-2008, 04:10 PM
My only complaint about the day was that it took TWO HOURS to get started. in the future, that definitely needs some work.

Look, organizing is a lot harder than it may seem. Getting that many people signed in, paid, checked off and chronoed isn't going to be a quick ordeal. Players were showing up a bit late, and therefore needed to also be chronoed checked in etc. Delays happen. Just have to get over it. I think Aaron and Brad did a great job getting it all going.

Scorpion
04-21-2008, 10:48 PM
On the note of organizing, if I happen to get there before Brad next time I'll assign Phalanx to check players in, chrono, and handle field payments so we can start earlier. That way we aren't all waiting for one person to "save the day". :D

Miku
04-23-2008, 09:49 PM
Right then: Finally got around to going through the pictures, so here you all go: http://www.flickr.com/photos/mobiusone/sets/72157604703082523/

T'was a GREAT day for shooting (photo's), I look forward to more like it.

Link
04-24-2008, 05:43 PM
Those are some of the most phenominal combat photos I've seen, excellent work. Great action shots and series-action shots!

Miku
04-24-2008, 09:24 PM
Those are some of the most phenominal combat photos I've seen, excellent work. Great action shots and series-action shots!

Why thank you good sir ^_^.