PDA

View Full Version : Operation Last Second.

Spectre
03-16-2008, 12:46 AM
First off, I would like to thank the Strikers and S.P.E.A.R. for putting on an excellent day of attack and defend scenerios catering specifically to us loaded out in ACU. I enjoyed your co-operation even though I seemed to hesitate on suggesting ideas.

Second off, Im not sure if anyone picked up on this throughout the day but two specific members of my group or "team" appeared in my opinion, as well as the remaining other two members, to act disrespectful towards myself, the field rules, and a few other choice events that took place off field. I know that it was a small group present and some of the rules where a little more relaxed, but I still cant help but feel as if they took advantage of the situation. Their behavior kind of put me in a slump throughout the day leaving me somewhat embaressed by their actions and preoccupied.

One particullar event that I remember was the final event of the day involving the rally on SOL where Evil Head specifically mentioned "no point blank shots", only later to witness one of my two guys blasting him in the back not but three feet away.

So to finalize, I apologize if their actions have offended any well respected members of the community present at the game. Their actions both on and off the field have warranteed me to re-think my association with them. I have not finalized a Northern Kentucky team yet, if one will even exist. But at that, we will dedicate ourselves to the protection of safe and intellegent practices of the sport, both on and off the field, in the hopes of preserving the integrity so many players strive to represent.

And, as we all may know, stupidity loves company, so if anyone may have suggestions for my personal behavior, or that of others associated with me, please, let me know.

Paul "Spectre" Alphonse

Blade
03-16-2008, 02:47 PM
Spectre,

Don't worry about your incident you mentioned above. While we can sometime forget what was asked or said, the situation was not unsafe as your friend did not aim for the face or using a high power weapon. I still don't know why Son of Liberty requested to be slaughtered that way but hey, we all have our personal fantasies I guess ;)

Otherwise, I want to thank your team and team S.P.E.A.R. for showing up yesterday. I knew we would be a small crowd but I never expected we could make it as great as we did. it has been a very long time since we could actually try every team ideas without pissing off players. We just went with the flow and it worked great. In fact, strikers were supposed to work on the field while I would host but we ended up all playing and get some training done.

As we endex the event just early enough, none of us got too wet and sick (well, you guys at least :D )

So to me, it was a perfect and enjoyable event. Thanks to all of you for that.

Evil Head
03-16-2008, 07:19 PM
Spectre,
I wouldn't sweat it. No harm, no foul. Every now and then, when we have a small group, Matt makes his run so we all can blow off some steam. At no time did we observe anything that would reflect negatively on your team. What standards you set and enforce are purely your discretion. We had a great time yesterday and would gladly play with you again.

The only regret I have from yesterday was I forget what word Blade butchered during the briefing. I think it started with a "P".

Son of Liberty
03-17-2008, 03:32 PM
The wrong em-fa-sis on the wrong si-lable!

Blade
03-17-2008, 03:36 PM
SOL, you spelled si-lable wrong, it should seelabel... ;)

Devildog
03-17-2008, 04:40 PM
Personaly I had nothing but a blast at the event. From what I witnessed, sportsmanship was nothing short of A+ and that made for a great day of playing. I am really glad Blade had me leave the hammer in the truck and put on the tigerstripe. I also learned if you want to be mean, aim for the back fat! Thanks Evilhead...LOL!

Spectre
03-17-2008, 05:57 PM
Its good to see no one was taken back. My reasons for apology stemed from more then what may have been observed at the game. The two older members of my group, one of which is a very good high school friend of mine, gave me complaints at the end of the day about the younger two, mostly about insults, some extremely dirty language and an unwillingness to listen to simple requests like "Dont walk into the McDonalds wearing your full combat gear and holstered pistols". They put up a fight about that one, which really pissed me off, twice that day. Its behavior like that, which I think is stupid in the first place, that I think is alittle damaging.

Devildog
03-17-2008, 06:13 PM
Well I see your point bro and I have to say walking into McNasty's with a holstered pistol is not just plain ignorant; it is asking for some big trouble!!! I just would not ask them to come again if they gave you that kind of trouble. I do want to re-stress from what I saw, everybody showed good sportsmanship and that lead to some great trigger time. Thanks for coming out!

knightmare
03-17-2008, 09:19 PM
Yes, I enjoyed the game alot, with the exception of the situation mentioned above, I really did just wanna back hand them a few times. Other then that, it was a blast, and I'm definatly looking forward to Operation 114.

Blade
03-17-2008, 09:23 PM
Spectre, if the incident happend at Mcdonald the way you said and your boys are willing to do it again, I would not welcome them again for the same fact that one day, they will bring you down with them. Call it cheating, rudiness, whatever but your whole team perception will be affected by few.....so make sure to square them up now or suffer consequences later.

MinioN
03-17-2008, 10:10 PM
Loved the games Sat. Lots of fun was had by all I'm sure. As far as the McDonalds happening just remind them to treat and Airsoft Weapon as a REAL LIVE WEAPON. Never put your finger in the triggar guard unless your ready for something to die. Never point the weapon at people unless in combat area ect. Personaly I saw nothing wrong with anyone and had a great time. So no probs and don't loose any sleep over it. Blade thanks for the great fun and looking forward to another great game this Saturday.

MinioN
S.P.E.A.R.

Spectre
03-17-2008, 10:19 PM
EXACTLY! Thats what I said to them in the first place, that their behavior both on and off the field will directly affect the manner in which others view us. This sport is great fun, but it also demands a level a maturity and responsibility that unfortunately not everyone harbors and values.

MinioN
03-17-2008, 11:42 PM
But then again we all enjoyed shooting SOL as he ran around flailing his arms.

Iron Maiden
03-18-2008, 08:43 AM
I say if we hit over 90 players on this upcoming Sat...we all line up and shoot SOL! 45 take a knee, 45 over...all aim at one target....yeah that is fair....;) So that means SOL no Bruce concert for you...you have to come to the game, no excuses!

The game was ALOT of fun. Sometimes a smaller event just really kicks the good times in. Awesome sportsmanship, no hot tempers, good dirty fun! One thing I will remind people is.....IF THE GATE WAS CLOSED WHEN YOU WENT IN>>>>>CLOSE IT WHEN YOU GO THRU! As much fun as it was chasing horseys around, it is a bit of a time consumer there.

Other than that. Awesome game, want to thank everyone for coming out, Minion....BANG BANG :p

Blade
03-18-2008, 08:53 AM
On a side note, I would like to remind all fellow players about one simple rule;

- It is not because you can't see the guy shooting at you that he is automatically blind firing :p :p

Spectre
03-18-2008, 09:01 AM
We noticed the gate open when we first arrived at the field as well. I wasnt too sure as to why it was open, but closed it anyway.

Looking forward to this weekends game, hopefully some of the mud will dry by then. I fell on my rear too many times last Saturday, which for others Im sure was amusing.

Iron Maiden
03-18-2008, 09:37 AM
Main gate was open at the beginning for the game anyway. No, someone accidentally left the red gate open at the top of the hill and a horse got into the playing area. No harm no foul. Just be careful.

Titan
03-18-2008, 09:52 AM
Main gate was open at the beginning for the game anyway. No, someone accidentally left the red gate open at the top of the hill and a horse got into the playing area. No harm no foul. Just be careful.

Better than a bull getting into the playing area :D :eek:

MinioN
03-18-2008, 09:53 AM
I don't want to know you name, all I want BANG BANG BANG!!!
http://photos-384.ll.facebook.com/photos-ll-sf2p/v190/29/112/500026384/n500026384_364367_8239.jpg

Son of Liberty
03-18-2008, 11:28 AM
I haven't seen Bruce in 5 years, I gotta miss the next one. Sorry dudes and IM.