PDA

View Full Version : Op Sabre Tooth

DemonicUnicorn2
02-02-2008, 10:56 PM
Thanks for the good time guys! The lights out games were a blast and I look forward to seeing the new friends I made at future events.

AlphaSix
02-04-2008, 12:25 AM
On behalf of all of the Recon Team Anaconda members, we'd like to thank all of the players that came out and supported our first CQB event. This was definitely a learning experience, and we heard alot of feedback from the players, we tried to be dynamic about using some of your ideas right at the event, and will definitely be using more of those ideas with our events in the future.
Putting on a CQB event at a brand new venue is made tougher by the fact that there is no previous experience to figure out where choke-points will become an issue. The stairwells really seemed to be the focus of some difficult battles and standoffs. We think introducing the flashbangs helped that situation, but didn't entirely fix it. We had more downtime that we wanted for many players, and we had some communication issues that we worked through. But we're human, and admit we have room to improve, the next one will be better, smaller, and faster :)
It's the players that make these things work, and you guys really stepped up. As you can all attest, CQB is a totally different animal from creeping around in the woods, engagement distances are spooky close, a great formula for tempers to flare, but we didn't see or hear of any temper problems over both days, everybody gets bonus points for that.

In no particular order, many thanks to 6mm Militia, 08th EU, Tactical Aggression, SLACK, Team Ronin, Iron Raptor all of the teams that fought and bled and went back for more, you guys made doing this thing easier that it otherwise would have been. As I said to each of you, we appreciate the support, and we look forward to supporting you and attending your events in the future.

To all of the non-affiliated players that came out got thrown into the meat grinder, it was great to see you guys going for it, and going back in for more. It's alot easier to do this kind of thing when you're surrounded by a bunch of people you play with regularly, it much harder adapting to new styles, and new players and I didn't hear any of you complain about having to do just that. We really appreciate you guys supporting us in the event, and we hope you'll come out to future RTA events.

Now for the good stuff :)
I've got some insane video footage that some of you were able to preview at the Op, I started posting pics last night after I got to the hotel, and sent until my laptop battery gave out, I'm going to finish uploading the photos I have tonight here on AO, but expect some additional photos to be uploaded from a couple of the other cameras we had going fairly soon (within days).
The video footage is going to take a couple days, just the interview with the terrorist leader, and the gun fight that broke out is about a gigabyte in size. I'll convert/compress the file to a more easily downloadable size and get that posted on the event website, keep checking in the next few days for that.

Thanks again everyone!

output01x
02-04-2008, 11:01 AM
I can definitely say that I had a blast. I was honestly iffy on how this event was going to turn out since you guys didn't really give much detail beforehand. However, once the event started, it became obvious that you guys did put a lot of work into it.

Things I would like to see if we ever get to play there again:
1. More experienced, faster moving teams. There were just too many people standing around, clogging up entrances, walking past uncleared doorways, etc.
2. A little more storyline would be nice. Perhaps a series of events throughout the lifetime of the building. The Irish terrorists were good, perhaps a storyline based on them would work well.
3. Different scenarios would be great. Attack and defend was good and all, but when we mixed things up on the second day, that went really well.
4. Stairwells in play. Yeah it was a choke point, but hey, adapt and overcome.
5. More things covered up so that we aren't afraid of damaging them. On the second day, I was on the third floor, inside the doorway of a room firing at Ronin coming up the stairwell. Because of the angle, the only shots I had at them were hitting glass. Luckily, one of the Ronin guys was smart enough to call a cease fire to let us know, but that then took away the ability for me to fire at them at all.
6. More event staff in the rooms to ensure people were following the rules would have been nice. I know a good deal of people that left upset because they were not happy with some of the other players.

Things I really liked about this event:
1. Getting to work with guys like Covert of Canton, 6mm Militia, and running with RTA at the end.
2. Playing at a location that is NOT Springfield. The fact that it was CQB was good too :p
3. The flashbang rule. The rubberband switch was an excellent way to simulate getting flashbanged. Unfortunately, some players decided that they would simply count to 3 instead, which basically ruined the simulation. The point of switching rubberbands from one wrist to the other is to force you to not be able to use your gun until you have recovered. Letting go of your gun, switching wrists, then picking your gun back up, all while you are staring a fireteam running into the room induces at least a slight panic which will make it more difficult to get a good shot lined up. Simply counting to three allows you to remain calm, while keeping your gun properly shouldered and aimed. Next time, please play by the rules. They are there for everyone's enjoyment.
4. The trip-wires were great. We really should have brought silly string to this event.
5. The door being ripped off by HNIC was awesome. Its just too bad we didn't have door-kicks as well.

Shout-outs:
RTA and those that helped - you guys did a bang up job. Things were a little sketchy, but this was definitely a great start. Also, it was great getting to joke with you guys while we were all hostages and getting to chat it up from time to time was awesome as well. The CQB drills we went through was definitely cool. Its great to actually watch how another experienced team runs clears rooms.
6mm and Loki - always great seeing you guys. It was awesome working with you, but one or two quick missions was not enough. Also, What Would Tim Do?
Covert of Canton and Sidd- it was great running with you guys the first day. It was fun playing against you guys the second day. Always good to work with guys from Intense.
Team Ronin - Getting to meet you guys was cool. Its always great to talk with fellow Cleveland-area airsofters. I hope you guys learned a good bit from RTA and us during the CQB drills. Remember to keep moving, standing in one spot accomplishes nothing. Don't be afraid to take some risks, remember, our rounds are 6mm, not 9.

One more thing. RTA, I highly appreciate your decision to not have a raffle. When I left on Sunday, I didn't even think about it. When it finally did hit me, I didn't miss it. It really is nice seeing people show up simply to play, not hoping to win a new gun.

shooter77
02-04-2008, 02:06 PM
i agree with output01x. i had a great time running with covert and the 08th. i met some new friends and all is well. the scenarios were good, but could have been better. the stairwells was a nightmare. seeing that i always got pegged. anyways good times and cant wait for the next event.

i just want to give alphasix and his staff a big thanks. you guys did very well and managed it pretty good. special thanks to all who particiapted in the event and next time will be better. thanks again on a job well done.

Decoy
02-04-2008, 05:05 PM
Thank you RTA for putting on the event. It is always nice to see new CQB facilities, as well as testing new rules. We learned a lot, and saw a lot that needs to be worked on (for our team not just the event). I'll have an in depth "crtitique" on the way AlphaSix.

08th and other familiar faces, always good to see you guys.

My apologies for all those players I didn't get a chance to talk to. I'm kicking myself for not getting to know those (realatively) new faces there.

What would Tim do!?! Contracors 4 Life.

Fresh
02-04-2008, 05:43 PM
Yeah, big thanks to AlphaSix and the rest of the staff. Event was good, but in hindsight, can always be better.

Next time I would like to see more of the building actually used if possible. Less down time is a must. Stairwells should be in play (agree with DMan completely, actually on everything he said too).

Last, whoever kept on whinin' about the flashbang rule and all of us not changing rubber bands, you were completely wrong. Everytime someone flashed us, we switched immediately. I think it was the fact that we switched so quickly that piffed a lot of people off. Whoever made the rule count to 3 was a bad idea because I switched rubbers faster than 3 seconds and you got your sh|t pushed in.

Cheers.

Loki
02-04-2008, 06:00 PM
I had a blast. I like the fact that a lot of new things were tried, rather than just sticking with conventional boring stuff. The "Normandy" van was an interesting concept, and I LOVED the rubber band idea for the flashbangs.

DemonicUnicorn2
02-04-2008, 06:20 PM
and I LOVED the rubber band idea for the flashbangs.
That was one of the few things I did not like about the event. When you were in a room with a few buddies and heard hustle n bustle outside the door, people anticipated the rubber band switch and therefore changed wrists and re-shouldered their AEGs in less than a second. That was entirely unrealistic and immature on the people who did that's part.

Last, whoever kept on whinin' about the flashbang rule and all of us not changing rubber bands, you were completely wrong. Everytime someone flashed us, we switched immediately. I think it was the fact that we switched so quickly that piffed a lot of people off. Whoever made the rule count to 3 was a bad idea because I switched rubbers faster than 3 seconds and you got your sh|t pushed in.

And as for the people who claimed 'I was behind a desk so the flash wouldn't have affected me,' please let me put you in a concrete room with all windows closed and flash bang you. I guarantee your head will be spinning no matter what you were behind in that tiny room.

I loved the event and the people I had an opportunity to play with. Congrats to Ronin for not checking targets on Charlie squad more than once while on the same team. :p It was good playing and meeting everyone. I just wish I had introduced myself to more people since this was my first milsim event.

For those who stayed for the night games, I was the guy who hid under the couch. Best hiding spot ever.

AlphaSix
02-04-2008, 08:32 PM
Next time I would like to see more of the building actually used if possible. Less down time is a must. Stairwells should be in play (agree with DMan completely, actually on everything he said too).

We seriously considered how to use the new wing of the building, the problem is, all of the offices for the staff are in that area, and computer labs, exercise rooms, etc. It would have been really difficult to use that section with so much of it off limits (for obvious reasons.)

Trust me, I'd like to have another 3 floors of rooms to use out there, I'm sure everyone would have liked a bigger place, but I think we really got lucky and worked out being able to use that building at all. They had to have some kind of official vote from a board council or something, it had to pass muster in a lot of places before we got the final "all clear."

I totally agree on the downtime issue, this happened for several reasons, but the biggest one is probably the number of people we had out there on Saturday. Sunday had less downtime, but fewer players. As these events happen in the future each time the process, and flow will get better and better. As I previously mentioned, we really appreciate everyone coming out, it will only get better from here.

AlphaSix
02-04-2008, 08:34 PM
I had a blast. I like the fact that a lot of new things were tried, rather than just sticking with conventional boring stuff. The "Normandy" van was an interesting concept, and I LOVED the rubber band idea for the flashbangs.

We had two primary objectives with this event.

1) Come as close to breaking even financially as possible.

2) Implement new ideas into the gameplay, that other people may actually use in both their own events, as well as casual play.

I wanted to see if we could do away with the whole "Hit!" and red rag system, I think it worked to a fairly decent degree. It's different from what most people are used to, and we all understand changes take some time to adjust to, but I think it worked out :)

AlphaSix
02-04-2008, 08:42 PM
And as for the people who claimed 'I was behind a desk so the flash wouldn't have affected me,' please let me put you in a concrete room with all windows closed and flash bang you. I guarantee your head will be spinning no matter what you were behind in that tiny room.

It's funny you mention that, I've been in a small room with an open doorway and an open window when a flash bang came bouncing in to have a little fun with me. Now mind you, I was wearing really good hearing protection at the time. The thing went off a few feet away, before I could turn and open my mouth and the blast, and the air pressure knocked me off balance a bit, and definitely put me out of action for a few moments. thats with hearing protection on.

Another time, again, wearing good hearing protection and laying prone in the greass/dirt a nine-bnanger landed a few feet from my head when it starting blowing off and bouncing around and I believe it knocked me out for a few moments, I ended up with a nasty bruise on the inside of my arm from it.

What I'm getting at here is, even with hearing protection, flash bangs aren't much fun to be around when they go boom. If we would have tossed a real flash bang into any of those classrooms, no matter where you would have been inside, it would have ruined your day ;)

Ghost1186
02-04-2008, 08:45 PM
Yet another thanx to Alpha Six and the RTA guys, fun time, stairwells were awsome i thought, best firefights. Anyway typical event bs occured, and it always will, just play on through it, and adapt and conquor. Nice meeting some new people and seeing others that i havent seen in a while. Congrats to Ronin for not checking targets on Charlie squad more than once while on the same team.
Sorry about that DemonicUnicorn2, i guess we thought we were the SAS, and it was one of those kill all in the way, lol. Communication got better on the 2nd day, fun time, lets do it again.

DemonicUnicorn2
02-04-2008, 08:49 PM
I still think dead rags are a good idea to have on your head while lying their dead. Then you don't get shot more when more guys storm the room. They're able to look at you and instantly know you're dead instead of just sitting on the floor. It did work really well as far as how you see someone on your team dead and know to proceed with caution. With the traditional system, their is no body left to warn you of a camper.

I was curious if you are looking for other indoor venues to hold events?

Sorry about that DemonicUnicorn2, i guess we thought we were the SAS, and it was one of those kill all in the way, lol. Communication got better on the 2nd day, fun time, lets do it again

No prob. It was all in good fun. Our squad leaders should have been in better contact that is all.

AlphaSix
02-04-2008, 08:54 PM
1. More experienced, faster moving teams. There were just too many people standing around, clogging up entrances, walking past uncleared doorways, etc.

We were targeting the more experienced teams for this event, particularly teams that have attended Op Irene so they could utilize whatever CQB skills they have developed, I think we got a good cross-0section of those teams, hopefully next time we'll get a few more. It's funny though isn't it? You play outdoors so much, and you can even practice doing CQB stuff, but when you *know* there is someone, or someONES on the other side of that door, people lose some of that gusto they had in practice :) I think it was definitely a learning experience for a good number of players, it was definitely a learning experience for us.

2. A little more storyline would be nice. Perhaps a series of events throughout the lifetime of the building. The Irish terrorists were good, perhaps a storyline based on them would work well.

We started out this way, but I was concerned that attempting to create a semi-realistic "situation" would involve way too much downtime, more than we had.
Example: Bad guys storm a school, and kill off the security guards, they then go grab up some engineering students and force them to start building a dirty bomb, or a chemical weapons, or even a primitive nuclear device, the police show up, the federal guys show up, the whole thing plays out over hours leading up to some type of assault.
Negotiators do their thing (Ghost, you did a great job with that BTW, and I'm still laughing over the "here come your pizzas!!") Terrorists maybe give up a few hostages, but ultimately, how do you keep the players interested, and involved? I couldn't figure out a way to create a running "theme" without people getting bored, and angry with downtime. Maybe this is something we can discuss in the milsim forum? I'd be really interested in hearing people's ideas.

One more thing. RTA, I highly appreciate your decision to not have a raffle. When I left on Sunday, I didn't even think about it. When it finally did hit me, I didn't miss it. It really is nice seeing people show up simply to play, not hoping to win a new gun.

Thanks man, we want people to attend our events for the gameplay, not for the chance of winning something.

Now to be fair I made some comments about not selling hotdogs and sodas at the event, but we ended up doing that, and I think that was probably a good idea.

DemonicUnicorn2
02-04-2008, 09:11 PM
Now to be fair I made some comments about not selling hotdogs and sodas at the event, but we ended up doing that, and I think that was probably a good idea

I think it was a great idea as it gave us time to chit-chat and get to meet other people. I learned a lot about Kentucky and the Kentucky airsoft scene from the guys on Charlie.

Sidd
02-04-2008, 09:39 PM
I personally was very disappointed in this event. While I did have fun I would have liked to have seen something more than the simple attack and defend matches I saw. though I only stayed for saturday.

Also there was a LOT of down time between matches. I think at the end of the day my squad and I had a solid hour of down time. If i wanted to stand around in my gear i could have stayed home.

As far as the flash bangs went, all around bad idea. here in the states we do not have the ability to simulate a flash bang economically. Simply yelling flash and throwing a toy grenade from the Dollar Tree didnt work well in my opinion. First of all I didnt always hear or see the bang enter the room. Also in the heat of a fight most people will have a hard time thinking to stop and fiddle around with some rubber bands.

Also i would have liked to seen some sort of story line other than "the terrorists are in there go kill em".

there are some other things i didnt like but i cant think of them right now

Decoy
02-04-2008, 10:19 PM
I forgot to add a few things to my previous post.

I learned that event when it is not required to yell 'hit', I still do.
Not every person was wearing their rubberbands.
People picked up the flashbangs and threw then again.
Boobytraps that you've set during the prior scenario can slow up your team in the current scenario.
"Safe" areas can pop up all over the field.
Don't ride in the back of a U-Haul that HNIC is driving.
A need to define the differences of camping and 'moving through' stairwells.

Randwot222
02-05-2008, 01:50 AM
I know im speaking for team SLAK from Kentucky when I say we had a great time at the event.

There was some downtime but it wasn't annoying until the squad vs squad rounds, which was worth the wait anyway.

I agree that the flashbangs were a good idea too. It helped even out assault and def, mostly on the stiars, which should of stayed in play for a least a couple more missions. They are a choke point, but not unbeatable, proven in at least one mission where the assualt team took the far stairway and eventually won. The rubber bands were a great idea. Forcing the player to stop for at least a couple seconds to switch. A few poeple didnt adhear to the rules, but that will happen in any event.

Overall great job! We hope to make it back up there for a few more events, and with a lot more people too.

Kille-4

Sidd
02-05-2008, 08:02 AM
Another thing I did not like about the event. I noticed during all the down time my squad had a lot of the organizers were just sitting around a table in the gym instead of well being out and actually organizing the event.

Urbanfarmer
02-05-2008, 02:04 PM
I just wanted to say I had a blast and that I need a CQB gun really bad although Pistol and Knife was really intense. (Sorry I shot one of the roleplayers in the Bomb game :!). Finding the evidence, tools, bomb parts was probably the most fun part of all the games. For future games though I would like to see clearly defined flashbang rules and people to get out of the staircase if they can when they die, they are choke points as it is and someone could get hurt bad, not to mention the poor dudes who are already dead continue to get blasted. There was a much larger problem then I would have wanted with blind firing and people prepping for the flashbangs (ie: dropping your gun and having your hand on the rubberband pretty sure terrorists don't act like that and flashbangs STUN you for at least five seconds messing up your inner ear balance!) To everyone who followed the rules thank you for making this sport fair and enjoying it for what it is, people like you made that weekend.

AlphaSix
02-05-2008, 07:02 PM
Another thing I did not like about the event. I noticed during all the down time my squad had a lot of the organizers were just sitting around a table in the gym instead of well being out and actually organizing the event.

You're certainly entitled to your opinion Sidd, so don't take this as me bashing in response..

I went to every table during lunch and asked people how things were going, we got feedback and made adjustments, now it's possible you were at one of the tables (sadly, I wouldn't have recognized you, as I don't know you.) and didn't say anything, or you may have been there and not yet experienced enough issues to warrant discussing your concerns, but we can't fix anything during the event if you don't say something while it's happening. That has been said countless times in the past, and it holds just as true right now.

In your inaccurate estimation of organizers "sitting around a table in the gym instead of being out organizing the event." I'd question how you could possibly know what we were, or weren't doing, and again, I'd question why you wouldn't have approached one of us and expressed your concerns during that perceived period of doing nothing.

In your earlier post, you talked about issues with using dollar store flashbangs. You could have brought all of the airsoft grenades you could carry, I think you're expecting a bit much if you thought we would start handing out $60 grenades to all the players. yes, the grenades we used were cheap, (but then, so is the idea of using a deck of cards to somehow simulate a medic) but they were only brought out as a band-aid to the problems people had in the stairways. They were never intended to be a big feature of the game. Again, this was a dynamic response to a situation that developed on-site, we worked to fix that situation.

You had multiple opportunities to step up and discuss your concerns at the event, things may have been adjusted, but sitting back afterwards and complaining won't fix things while they are happening.

We learned a lot at this event, I've posted as much, we'll make improvements, and these things will get better and better. Our entire team is happy to hear both the good and the bad players have posted, as well as discussed with us at the Op.

john
02-05-2008, 11:31 PM
"Also there was a LOT of down time between matches. I think at the end of the day my squad and I had a solid hour of down time. If i wanted to stand around in my gear i could have stayed home."

Sidd, I understand your concern here. but do you really feel 1 of 9 hours downtime in a cqb event is too much?

If so i guess i owe you tree fity.

As alpha said i am very happy with how things turned out overall. I spoke with the owners today; i am to meet with them this week about our arrangement; moving forward. All in all i think they are pleased with the condition of the building. So thanks to all esp those like output and ronin for helping to look after the place.

This AO getting wrecked could have spelled trouble for airsoft. Instead we walked out contributing to a very valuable charity. Believe it or not we turned out to be one of her best renters.

Now onto the winners. As we mentioned and was obvious by the way we swapped sides; there was never meant to be a winner loser in this game. We all know how we did. The winners out there in my book are those that showed great sportsmanship. Opforce would like to acknowledge great play and sportsmanship. Opforce events are strictly geared to those with honor. If people don't call their OWN hits the whole system breaks down. In that light we like to reward those who play honorably or look out for safety.

Opforce has 3 free passes they would like to give away to the next Opforce event. (these will be clearly identified as Opforce events rather than RTA hosted)

Loki :1 free pass: loki was seen helping to enforce safety rules governed by the ao. In particular the mag out in safety areas rule. He also showed good sportsmanship when dealing with cheating.

Covert of Canton: 1 free pass: covert routinely came to the organizers about problems so we could address them. What they didn't do was argue. I saw them bite their tongues more than once and let organizers handle things. They also got positive feedback on their stair protocols. Thanks for paying attention during briefings and sticking to the rules.

Tactical Agression:1 free pass: Some may not have realized but TA played several evolutions on defense in an opfor mode. Meaning they were given a task they were not really supposed to win and played for the benefit of the assault force. This was a selfless act on their part. They also played a large role on feedback regarding cheating.

This event brought alot of new rules to the table. We used physical contact and even police securing procedures on RTA members (spread your ****). People were processed and searched. .When you died; you layed down. Mixed with the flashbang rules the new ao and mix of experience in players.. I am proud of how well players handled it.

I think the physical interaction along with having squads teach/brief each other went along way to some of you making new friends. I think at some point towards the end of the first day and the beginning of the second day some of you realized it was up to you as players to make the event enjoyable. All in all this is why I feel we moved the game itself somewhat forward.

We could have chosen a much more standard platform for this event. Thanks to those who enjoy something different.

Things we would like to add in the future
:Commanders who are managing their squads via ip camera and laptop from a control area
:An ongoing story line
:Fewer squads, makes for longer missions , more ordinance per squad, more movement
:Dedicated shadow squad. Now that we have veterans we can put a squad in place to play main characters; instead of using rta members and roleplayers.
:We would like to upgrade the flashbangs
:More use of the auditorium.
:2 AOs over the two days with tied themes.
Well we don't want to ruin the fun... For Opforce 1

Where's my running backs?

shooter77
02-06-2008, 12:40 AM
gentlemen. after all is said and all is past, everyone here is making valid points. as a member of covert and the 08th that day. i personelly ran into some problems myself. i kept quiet and explained, but at the end it all ended up in fun. alphasix did a great job on being able to get a active community center for us to start the year off. great job! i think everyone gets a little anxious at times, god knows i do, but lets keep it real and have a great. i dont wont to see events getting bashed, because of bad play and whatever else. lets make this year fun-filled. airsoft is a serious and fun hobby. it only takes a few bad rapppps and all is over. if problems accur, state them out be a man about it or team and the event organizers will take care of it the best they can. last thing we need in the field is a systema owner switching to the m150 cylinder and really giving you a crack. all is well with in the community, but lets make it better as one big team and all get along.

in my conclusion. i think everyone who plays and even the veterans want to see more professionalism from everyone and even teams. events like this are to get to know one another and see how they operate. if one has opinion on how somehting is or needs to be done. step up and help out. its late and i am rambling on, so if this makes some sense, well great. if not time for bed. im all out.........FLASHBANG!

AlphaSix
02-06-2008, 01:00 AM
Great comments Shooter77, but just for the record I had nothing to do with getting that facility on board for airsoft, that was something John managed from beginning to end :)

AlphaSix
02-06-2008, 09:02 AM
Here's a video clip from one of the scenarios.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rvfsUpWiTdY

shooter77
02-06-2008, 12:18 PM
well john, sorry for not giving you the credit. GREAT JOB on getting the community center and the entire staff. my bad.................................

DemonicUnicorn2
02-07-2008, 10:09 PM
Anyways, the teaser video looks nice. Those cameras took some great images.

Violator
02-08-2008, 05:10 PM
I'm going to break in here - no more flaming or I'll be locking this thread. I've had to delete a couple posts. Keep it on topic and out of the fire, thanks.

Randwot222
02-09-2008, 12:14 AM
When will more videos if any will be posted!!!

AlphaSix
02-09-2008, 09:11 AM
The guys that shot all the video are cutting and splicing and doing all that video stuff. From what I've heard there is a lot of good footage, so I'm hoping ot hear something soon.

Randwot222
02-09-2008, 02:07 PM
Cool thanks!!

AlphaSix
02-10-2008, 06:30 PM
I believe I've posted all of the photos we had from the Op, including several that weren't posted here.
You can check them all out at: http://opforceindustries.com/spgm/

DemonicUnicorn2
02-12-2008, 06:25 PM
Great pics. I look forward to the next event, whenever that may be.

Randwot222
02-23-2008, 03:54 AM
How are the videos coming?

Redeye
02-23-2008, 07:38 AM
The video is in the final stages of post-production and should be released soon. I dont have an exact date for you guys but I would guess it will be ready by the end of February. We apologize for it not being out sooner, but the video is over an hour long and was professionally done.

AlphaSix
02-25-2008, 09:59 PM
There is a new DVD trailer of the Op posted on youtube at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kevUx9wsekQ
This is from the DVD that Omen Industries created from the many hours of footage shot during the event. My understanding is the DVD will be available later this week. I'll post any relevant information ie: links as soon as I have them.

I saw a first cut of the DVD and really enjoyed it, there were some comical moments, as well as some spots where you can really get a feel for how crazy it was in the stairwells at some points.

Anyway, check it out :)

output01x
02-27-2008, 04:09 PM
Alpha, the trailer looks great. But obviously it would look even better if there were some shots of the 08th ;)

Anyway, do you have any idea on the price of the DVD yet? I'm definitely going to have to add this to my growing collection of airsoft videos I'm featured in :D

AlphaSix
02-27-2008, 06:32 PM
Alpha, the trailer looks great. But obviously it would look even better if there were some shots of the 08th ;)

Anyway, do you have any idea on the price of the DVD yet? I'm definitely going to have to add this to my growing collection of airsoft videos I'm featured in :D

I think it's going to be $15. OmenOne is the guy that has all the answers, I just had the YouTube account to post it :) I'm sure he'll update soon, it's supposed to be available this week.

Iceman
02-28-2008, 09:43 PM
Well, A6, I gotta say, nice video. I also like the fact that it didn't take 6+ months to make. How the hell did you do that? Space time warp worm hole?

DemonicUnicorn2
02-28-2008, 10:19 PM
"No chalk boards where harmed during this event" lol

Loved it. Still wish we had a group pic in front of the 'No weapons' sign by the gymnasium.

Redeye
03-11-2008, 09:59 AM
OP SABRETOOTH video (http://www.omenindustries.com/html/store.html) can be purchased threw this link. Thanks again to all who attended.