PDA

View Full Version : Op: Snow (rain) Blind

Titan
01-05-2008, 03:42 PM
1st post w00t, well I thought it was a blast, the props were great, the propane cannons added great effects, I was glad to whip out the AUG to have some fun. Last mission throwing the pilots in the top of the tower was the best!

Reaper
01-05-2008, 03:45 PM
That was fun, but i couldnt stay for open play, we were exhausted. Green did okay, I mean, we held out for 3\4 Objectives. I had fun, but I think the title should be Operation Fog Blind. I couldn't control the fogging of my goggles. The propane cannons were beastly, how did you guys get those anyways?

Raider
01-05-2008, 04:27 PM
The propane cannons were great. My goggles stopped fogging after some timely anti-fog spray.

I think green did ok but not great until the 4th objective. We got slaughtered. But still good times.

Thanks SPEAR for the great event!

Evil Head
01-05-2008, 04:59 PM
On the behalf of Team S.P.E.A.R. I want to thank everyone who braved the rain and cold to make our event a success. I would like to mention that we brought out 70+ players and managed to start the games 15 minutes early. Green team did a fantastic job. There were a lot of first time players out and you deserve credit for sticking to the mission. We saw non-stop combat missions for over two hours. Every player stuck it out to the end despite the conditions and constant action. Thank everyone again for making this event enjoyable for the hosts.

Propane canons provided by Team Strikers, so let's thank them for letting us use them for our event.

Cut Throat
01-05-2008, 05:10 PM
Aww, I wish I could have gone so bad! Anyone have pictures yet? EH, do you know when the next SPEAR event is?

widowmaker
01-05-2008, 05:33 PM
Thank you Spear for putting on a good event . Was clear you guys put alot of thought into the planning . The field looked great for such a nasty day . Had a ton of fun and got to meet some really nice people . Was great to see some old battle buddies again also . Looking forward to the next event .

MinioN
01-05-2008, 05:49 PM
Pics were taken and will be posted soon.....after my nap

Djackson
01-05-2008, 06:05 PM
I had a great time, one of the funnest I've been to in awhile. Props to green team and my and squad one. Also, thanks to SPEAR for hosting this great event.

Usmrncrps2010
01-05-2008, 06:23 PM
That was great and fun and i would do it again in any condition good job guys

colossus
01-05-2008, 06:23 PM
Yes thank you for a great event SPEAR i hope more are soon to follow.

Reaper
01-05-2008, 06:44 PM
yeah, thanks SPEAR for the event, bu EH: Carter stuck one of those skulls in our backpack, let me know how you want me to return them

Evil Head
01-05-2008, 06:45 PM
yeah, thanks SPEAR for the event, bu EH: Carter stuck one of those skulls in our backpack, let me know how you want me to return them
Hold it until the next game out there. We can get it then.

urban_ninja
01-05-2008, 06:59 PM
I thought that it was very fun but cold and wet but none the less we on the green team did very good

ReverseFlank
01-05-2008, 07:09 PM
was there a final point talley? just curious. but yeah, great job to the SPEAR guys and cant wait for the next one. maybe we will get a bit luckier with the weather

Titan
01-05-2008, 07:27 PM
Tan team ftw?!?

BLACK SE7EN
01-05-2008, 08:06 PM
Thank you all, the hardcore for comming out on a less than perfect day. Tan it was great working with you all. Myself and mustard greatly enjoyed leading you to an almost certian victory! The next one should be soon, be looking.

I did'nt make those dummy's to heavy did i? Haha.

Evil Head
01-05-2008, 08:11 PM
Tan it was great working with you all. Myself and mustard greatly enjoyed leading you to an almost certian victory!

"certain victory!"??? Tan team fell like a house of cards in missions 1 and 3.:) We need Moose's score count.:rolleyes:

Phat Al
01-05-2008, 08:19 PM
wow, that was awesome! even with the conditions that was definitely the best event i have been to for a while, and i know it was the most organized and best run event i have EVER been to. i loved how the "mortar strikes" forced the green team to keep moving, the props were great, the propane guns really added to the atmosphere, and i had a great time with the scenarios. Great job green team on the first three scenarios, that fourth one was a toughie, although i did enjoy shooting all you tan guys in the back on the speedball field :P anyway, great event, i hope we do it again soon.

Son of Liberty
01-05-2008, 08:39 PM
Thanks to everyone who came out. I had a good time meeting a few new people and seeing a few familiar faces. Se7en the Dummy was heavy enough to take me to the ground after it got dropped on me from off the tower. I don't know about you guys, but who else took a 4 hour nap upon getting home?

Raider
01-05-2008, 09:07 PM
Thanks to everyone who came out. I had a good time meeting a few new people and seeing a few familiar faces. Se7en the Dummy was heavy enough to take me to the ground after it got dropped on me from off the tower. I don't know about you guys, but who else took a 4 hour nap upon getting home?
3 hour nap here.

5th squad FTW.

Anyone else have more than 20 bbs fall out of their boot when they got home?

Reaper
01-05-2008, 10:13 PM
3 hour nap here.

5th squad FTW.

Anyone else have more than 20 bbs fall out of their boot when they got home?

i had water come out of my boots, lol :D

Mavrick
01-05-2008, 10:30 PM
it was a good event overall despite my battery. I think a bag of poo would have had a better charge than this IB dud. Rain didnt bother me one bit. Thanks SPEAR for a great event!

Evil Head
01-05-2008, 10:48 PM
I'd like to thank the members of Airsoft Louisville who showed up to support our event. We are a big fan of ASl games and plan to attend future events down there. I thought I would share their thoughs with you from their website:

Re: OP: Snow Blind
by grandfathergeek on Sat Jan 05, 2008 9:25 pm

Got back from the event!

Wet and cold as it was, the scenarios started on time and went smoothly.

Many thanks for all our host hard work.

Throughout the entire event we heard a constant barrage of shelling and mortar fire (very nice touch) from sound sysems in the surounding woods. At any time, the event organizers had the options of calling any of us out at random, victims of the incoming artillery.

Each of the 4 main missions had clear objectives and the organizers had "facilitators/referees" moving among both sides to move the game along. This worked very well.

Radio channels were clearly explained and their use came in handy during each of the scenarios.

Tan team (of which we were members) were primarly the defensive unit and we had our hands full since GREEN had unlimited respawns, and for half the day we had none. Still this gave Tan an incentive to fight a little harder and make GREEN pay for every inch of ground. In the middle of the event, seeing how we WERE outnumbered ( and to add some pressure to the GREEN team ) Tan was given respawns as well, and this made the remaining missions one intense firefight after another - --- non-stop action (whew!)

The only negative I can speak of is that the missions went SO smoothly that we finished the day early and ended up done for the day after about 2 1/2 hours.

Bottom line..... great day of fighting. The Organizers were great, and the Field was well prepared.

I would go to another Event here anytime.
grandfathergeek
Member Of The Month

Re: OP: Snow Blind
by stuie on Sat Jan 05, 2008 9:51 pm

I had probably the best moment in airsofting today, at the top of this tower at the top of a hill we were defending. Me and the person whom shared the tower with me each got about 25 kills EACH, and held off an entire flank almost on our own many times, going up against squads of 6-7 people. Granted, our guns easily outranged them, but it was still awesome.
stuie

Glad you guys could make it down and thanks for the feedback. See you at the next one.

Reaper
01-05-2008, 11:38 PM
id like to thank son of liberty for sharing his beef jerky after we defused the bomb in objective 3. :D

MinioN
01-06-2008, 11:50 AM
EVENT PICS

http://www.msplinks.com/MDFodHRwOi8vczI1Ny5waG90b2J1Y2tldC5jb20vYWxidW1zL2 hoMjEwL0FPTWluaW9OLw==

M&N
01-06-2008, 12:06 PM
MinioN when i click on this link it brings me to myspace!? :confused:

Scorpion
01-06-2008, 12:12 PM
Here is the direct link to the pics.....http://s257.photobucket.com/albums/hh210/AOMinioN/

ownege by pownege
01-06-2008, 12:15 PM
hey guys it was realy fun im gonna do this again/ i need a better gun any way thanks for the fun time .

Reaper
01-06-2008, 01:09 PM
Here is the direct link to the pics.....http://s257.photobucket.com/albums/hh210/AOMinioN/

thanks, I couldnt get minions link to work for me

who took those pictures?

moose[ip]
01-06-2008, 02:05 PM
Here is the score as I have it.

mission one: Tan - 25 points
Green - 75 points

mission two: Tan - 50 points
Green - 50 points

mission three: Tan - 00 points
Green - 100 points

mission four: Tan - 100 points
Green - 00 points

Fines: Tan - 50 points (over shooting)
Green - 50 points (non calling of hits)

Total: Tan - 125 Points
Green - 175 points

After Action Report: All in all I think that the event went well. Veterns as a whole need to remember that the new guys WILL make UNEDUCATED mistakes because they just don't know and it is our roll to guide them in the right way to play this sport. I am not the future of Airsoft in Ohio it is that 14 year old that is being a fool. I must guide him when to call his hits, how to move, when to move, ect..... this can be done (at times) with out a well placed boot. I seen vets that acted like vets and well lets just call it a bad day for some others. For you FNGs..... It is your job when you go to these events to listen to the "old guys"! Why? The knowledge. I am a former U.S. Marine (0311 inf) been playing paintball since 1994 and airsoft since the last five years. BlackSeven was a U.S. Army Calv. Scout been playing paintball since about 1992 and airsoft the last five years. This is just two of us, there were many more with blood lines better than ours. We have what you need - KNOWLEDGE!!! (To show that point I may hold a young VS. old game) I think that the future looks bright in Southern Ohio to have 70 + show up on a cold and wet day. Tan team made a come back but, it was just a little to late (mission three killed you guys). I would like to have played but, I think having refs helped out with alot with the dealings on during the game. See you all soon when it warms up. Good Game.

Reaper
01-06-2008, 02:28 PM
Totally agree, refs helped. As some of the hits we may not have felt, and a couple times, I thought i was hit but it turned out to be water falling from the trees. Plus, the mortars were a great addition to keep things moving. Tan based uniforms definitely worked better in the environment that we were in.

Mavrick
01-06-2008, 03:24 PM
TBH, i think green did pretty good for being new. While i cannot account for the tan team, I did notice a bit of non calling hits. However, as the newer players went along throughout the day it got much better... There were alot of new faces out there, give em a few games and i'm sure the hit calling will get better.

Bit of advice, dont show up advertising other fields, its extremely disrespectful. There were quite a few offended, i included.

OSUDamian
01-06-2008, 04:37 PM
a lot of mixed opinion came in the area of "organizers/refs/commanders" who couldn't die or be shot, yet POINTED OUT THE ENEMY. Making it impossible to sneak.

I am actually in favor of this. I thought it was good to keep the flow of the game and make it more aggressive and action-packed. By all means, they could have made up a story about how each team had UAVs or some other kind of surveillance equipment simulated by the refs that would let you know when the enemy were making moves.

Anyways, I thought it was a good addition to the game. But in the future, I recommend making a "milsim" reason for why you do that.

My battery pooped out at the end. But the Wildcards that attended had a lot of fun AND A 2 HOUR RIDE BACK HOME!

Violator
01-06-2008, 05:19 PM
Despite the weather, it was a good event (the first I've played since early last year). I really liked the orange hats on the refs, and also that the refs stayed close to the action. They took care of issues, kept the game moving, and did a great job.

On the topic of refs, this game was probably the first time I've ever seen useful referees. Don't get me wrong, I've been to plenty of games with refs, but they never seemed to do anything or address issues.

As others have said, the sound and props made the game realistic as well.

Even if the game only went a few hours, I was dog tired by the time it was over. Good job putting this thing on.

Spades
01-06-2008, 05:27 PM
guys i had a blast. i personally didn't see much cheating, but i lost track of how many times i heard " call your hits!" or " your hit!" from both sides. other than that the sportsmanship was actually really good.
the rain only added to the experience for me, so it didn't bother me one bit! the mortar fire in the background was a great touch.
by the end of the day i had two guns down, and the third one was sounding really nasty.....that was the only down fall of the day for me!!
thanks S.P.E.A.R for hosting a great event. you guys did a great job!

Buckeye59
01-06-2008, 06:52 PM
Thanks for the event Evil Head. This event was great,other then the rain. Cant wait for the next. The cannon effects were great.

MinioN
01-06-2008, 09:24 PM
sorry about the pics the link was wrong and well looking back at the pics I was missing some too
but i will fix that when i get home

MinioN

Spectre
01-06-2008, 10:48 PM
I had a great time at Snow Blind this Saturday. Well played SPEAR and I hope to able to attend more like this one. The non-stop gameplay made everything that much better and the experience is that much more real when you dont have a chance to stop and screw around.

And the simulated artillery, WOW. Much better when your that much closer to them.

Thanks to SPEAR and the owners of Reddragon for this one.

Spectre

Kalash 47
01-07-2008, 12:07 AM
Despite being separated from my squad the entire time I managed to have a good time. I think that only squad leaders should have radios for the next game like this. It was impossible to contact my squad leader with everyone talking and hitting that call button. I was confused and disoriented the whole game.

Wraith
01-07-2008, 07:38 AM
Well, it was wet, and cold but what a day! Great event team S.P.E.A.R.. Very well organized and planned out. I seen a few minor problems throughout the event but those issues were resolved on the fly with no disruption of gameplay. Tan team done awesome. They made us fight for every little inch of ground. You guys kept us walking back to respawn so most of us on green never got cold.
I'm not sure how many times I called myself hit because of water falling from trees and popping on my uniform, but I don't think this happened too much, maybe once or twice, for the most part it was accurate shooting I think.
Anyway, great to see some familiar faces and to meet new ones. Looking forward to the next S.P.E.A.R. event.

Edit: I forgot to give props to the guys on green team. Well fought, well played! I was on first squad and I knew about half way through that if I looked left and 4th squad wasn't there then they were on our right. Seemed to be that way throughout the day. If I couldn't locate our squad I just jumped onto 4th. To 1st squad leader (and our XO), good job, to 4th squad leader, I told ya we had your back...even when we were walking back to respawn.:D As for the other squads, didn't get around to fighting along side you, but you guys rocked. Great job.

AINT-SKEERD
01-07-2008, 09:03 AM
Many thanks to S.P.E.A.R. and Red Dragon for hosting a great event. I really enjoyed the action and the field of play. I'd like to play a night op there some time. Hats off to the refs on keeping the action rolling and motivating people. I look forward on playing more events in OH and hope to see you guys soon in Louisville and other events.

BLACK SE7EN
01-07-2008, 12:06 PM
Yes commanders could'nt be killed, but i only directed trafic for around 15min then a fell back to the next respawn to setup the next mission. I left alot of the leadership to my XO.

As for the op ending a little eary i got an idea for a extended ending in case this happens again. Like an alternate ending on a dvd.

As long as you keep playing we'll keep hosting. See you on the feild.

Big Boss
01-07-2008, 03:17 PM
I had a blast. Great event even though the weather was bad. I tried my best at the XO postion hope it was good enough. With the way the day started i thought it was gonna be a bad day. Had a fuse blow in my friends AK-74 before chrono then another gun messed up my buddy had to hotwire his G36 and in the first 20 min our SAW went down. After all that i had a great time. Thanx to SPEAR for hostin such a great event. I HAD A BLAST

Shogun
01-07-2008, 04:16 PM
Besides my goggles conveniently fogging up whenever I saw an enemy and my battery dying half way through, I somehow managed to have an enjoyable time. The event was obviously well planned, and I look forward to attending future ones. Keep up the good work, guys.

Col.Mustard
01-07-2008, 06:41 PM
I just want to say what a remarkable job the tan team did last saterday. It was top notch and I was proud to be your mens XO.:)

BLACK SE7EN
01-07-2008, 06:49 PM
One of the most important parts of your gear should be jt spectra googles with thermal lense's. For extra protection from fog get the x-wind google fan, i'll never be without this setup ever. I have glass'es so this is a must. I never fog with them, ever.

Kalash 47
01-08-2008, 04:10 AM
I really liked the nonstop play that went on. I hope we can get another game like this one.

lttldude9
01-13-2008, 12:12 AM
Thanks SPEAR for a great event. Here is a video I took and edited. Unfortunately its only of the first half of event, because camera stopped working, but it works now. I am uploading a high resolution version right now, but he is a low res if anyone is interested.
http://www.metacafe.com/watch/1033885/operation_snow_blind/

McBango
01-17-2008, 01:27 AM
Sigh, once again, another great airsoft event without a single snapshot of me. I even tried to stand out in the crowd this time! (hence the ICU i was wearing at the time :P) Good game fellas.

Snow Blind Highlights:

-Watching people cream their BDU's because of the loud artillary fire! XD
-Having kneepads while in the creek
-Watching Scorpion pull Joey out of the mud because he was knee deep in mud
-Watching the green team make a break on the right flank, spraying a highcap before the door of the building, watching them go in, then come out with blood rags on their heads.. bahahahah, good stuff..
-Awesome jalapeno sausages
-And last but not least, seeing the grin on my buddy Alex's face when he chronoed his new stock TM g36c and it came out to be 400fps.. awesome!

Not So Incredible Experiences:
-Running out of ammo on the field from not restocking/not dying for 1.5 hours.
-Battery dying from non stop combat
-Getting lectured by Joey about me 'letting him die'