PDA

View Full Version : OP: Sabre Tooth [CQB]

AlphaSix
12-23-2007, 05:53 PM
http://reconteamanaconda.com/images/sabre-tooth.jpg

Recon Team Anaconda is happy to announce our first public event, and first of several events for 2008. On the weekend of February 2nd and 3rd, in Girard, Ohio we will be hosting two days of CQB scenarios that will push you to your limits. RTA has spent more than a year getting shot, rescued, beaten down, and all manner of other things that are too spooky to reveal from some of America's Finest, and from that experience we'll be setting our new standard of airsoft, and scenario based events. This will be airsoft on steroids to many of you, there will be physical contact (search, secure), there will be shouting, there will be uneven sides and there will be high levels of controlled aggression.

Is this something you have been waiting for? Is this something you are ready for?

We will be running a variety of scenarios all day Saturday and into the night, these scenarios are intended to immerse the participants in the style of play we'll be expecting, and to familiarize everyone with the three-story school building that we'll be running this event in. There are multiple stairways, many classrooms, and plenty of surprises. Saturday will be a precursor to the theme-based series of scenarios that will make up the bulk of Sunday. So on Saturday, you get plenty of trigger time, on Sunday you strap on your thinking hats and execute the plans your Squad Leaders are tasked with.

OP Sabre Tooth will be an asymmetric warfare styled event, you will notice there are no "sides" to join during your registration. All players will be broken down into six separate squads, these squads will be assigned dynamic roles throughout the simulation, as a player, and as a member of a specific squad you will find yourself on both the side of the "good guys" and the "bad guys" throughout both days. You will find yourself outnumbered at times, you will find you outnumber others at times. Make no mistake this is not your garden-variety "60vs60, now go running like maniacs off into the woods" style event.

RTA has created a website to host all information relevant to this event, and all future RTA events, you are encouraged to check out OpForce Industries (http://opforceindustries.com) and read that site for further information. This event is restricted to participants that are 18 years old and above and will limited to the first sixty players that sign up and get their deposits paid. A twenty dollar deposit is required at the time of registration, and the balance of forty dollars ($60 total registration fee) is due by January 15, 2008

Items to note:

18+ only, no exceptions.
All guns must chrono below 370fps (hard limit)
Semi-Auto only, and no support weapons will be allowed.
No smoke grenades of any type will be permitted.
This is a heated facility, it is a functioning community center.

Here are some photos of the actual facility.
http://opforceindustries.com/images/IMG_1120.JPG
http://opforceindustries.com/images/IMG_1117.JPG
http://opforceindustries.com/images/IMG_1102.JPG
http://opforceindustries.com/images/IMG_1107.JPG
http://opforceindustries.com/images/IMG_1102.JPG

Sidd
12-24-2007, 10:05 AM
Might be interested since its only an hour drive for me.

Do you have airsoft/Paintball insurance for the field?

Has Law enforcement and the neighborhood been notified?

Will it be possible to sign up as a team/ with friends?
Is there a safe area for the loading and unloading of the guns?

DO you have a Chrono?

Are there any designated areas set aside for sleeping/resting (no fire zones)?

Fat Tony
12-24-2007, 11:50 AM
I am extremely interested. Pending availability (of me and my team-mates) I'm going to give an optimistic maybe. :D Looks awesome.

AlphaSix
12-24-2007, 12:11 PM
Might be interested since its only an hour drive for me.

http://opforceindustries.com/stfaq.php

Sidd
12-24-2007, 12:58 PM
since you really didnt answer any of the questions i asked i ask them again

DO you have a Chrono?

AlphaSix
12-24-2007, 01:35 PM
since you really didnt answer any of the questions i asked i ask them again

Yes, in fact the Chief of Police has been aware of this project for many months, and some of the local PD may be present. Thanks for your concern.

The event website has a registration page that details what is required. If you are asking if we have a mass-signup page, no, we don't. Players will have to sign up individually, like every other airsoft event registration system I've ever seen. We encourage players to sign up as a team because all of the players will be attached to the same squad for the duration of the event.

Yes.

DO you have a Chrono?

Yes. (It would be very difficult to ensure 370fps max without one. We all have goggles too :) )

You can sleep at any local Motel, we've provided local motel information on the website that includes their address and telephone numbers.

AirsoftDvl
12-24-2007, 01:55 PM
Man only if i was 18 i would so be here. Wonderful CQB building.

Cut Throat
12-24-2007, 02:08 PM
Sounds like a great game/place to play. Even though I am not able to attend I am curious of how you are going to get rid of all the bbs on the ground and what will happen to the things that get shot up like books, posters, bulletin boards, etc?

HardLock
12-24-2007, 03:35 PM
All guns must chrono below 370fps (hard limit)

Using what weight ammo?
Any color/type ammo restrictions?

Armyguy
12-24-2007, 11:15 PM
For the games carrying into the night, will lights be on? Got a new Nightvision scope and Im anxious to use it ;)

AlphaSix
12-26-2007, 06:16 PM
Using what weight ammo?
Any color/type ammo restrictions?

As it's a CQB environment, we hope all the players will be considerate regarding BB weight, the general idea here is that we don't want to have people tearing apart their AEG's to put lighter springs in them, and it would suck to have a bunch of folks running around blasting each other from 6 feet away with 420fps AEGs. So as we're tailoring this event towards experienced, adult airsofters, we're not going to weigh your BB's to make sure they are a specific weight, etc. It's indoors, hot guns might cause some damage to the place, we want to avoid that, obviously.

There are no restrictions on color of BBs, and they do not have to be bio-degradable.

AlphaSix
12-26-2007, 06:19 PM
For the games carrying into the night, will lights be on? Got a new Nightvision scope and Im anxious to use it ;)

It's very possible.. Remember though, this building is located in the city, and there will be plenty of light from the street lights surrounding the place. I am positive there would be some very dark areas, but it won't be a great environment for nods.

HardLock
12-27-2007, 12:41 AM
we're not going to weigh your BB's to make sure they are a specific weight

Thats not what I meant. What BB weight are you using to determine the hard FPS limit?

I can use .20 and shoot at 400FPS or switch to .25 and shoot at 376FPS. The energy is the same. You HAVE to define a standard BB weight for chronographing.

Reason I ask is that most AO events use .20 as the standard, but Lion Claws (John Lu) events use .25 as the standard. Which method are you adopting?

AlphaSix
12-27-2007, 04:57 AM
Thats not what I meant. What BB weight are you using to determine the hard FPS limit?

370fps with .20's

Sidd
12-27-2007, 10:38 PM
Would I be allowed to carry my TM M3 Benelli as back up for my AEG and GBB?

also what medic rules will you be using?

On you website rules list it states All participants may be physically searched by other participants during this simulation (you will have a safe pocket)

what all does this "searching" entail?

AlphaSix
12-27-2007, 11:40 PM
Would I be allowed to carry my TM M3 Benelli as back up for my AEG and GBB?

Yep, thats no problem.

also what medic rules will you be using?

None, the missions should run fairly quickly, and there will be quite a few of them. So even if you go charging into the place screaming, yelling and stomping like a lunatic you'll only be out of action for a short time.

On you website rules list it states

what all does this "searching" entail?

Exactly that. You'll have a safe pocket that will be off-limits. Bad guys may have intel on them, they'll have to be searched to recover any of that. We'll be providing demonstrations of the items we're introducing that go above the typical airsoft event, everyone will be fully informed and educated as to what is acceptable/unacceptable.

Locutus
12-28-2007, 01:01 AM
AlphaSix, the ceiling do not appear very high, I would expect to have lights shot out and light covers with BBs holes in them. Also, the blackboard in the classroom would be very succeptable for damage. When I was in the 4th grade, and friend and I was just tossing this little necklace with a small charm on it back and forth, and it ended up hitting the blackboard and put a huge nick in for which I got swats for... Slate blackboards are rather fragile and very expensive, so I would cover that with cardboard.

Call me paranoid, but this event scares the crap out of me. Are the owners really aware of the potential damage that could be caused? I would hate for this to turn out as a black eye on the sport of Airsoft.

Fresh
12-28-2007, 10:07 AM
I am very interested as well but first, ditto on what Locutus said...

AlphaSix
12-28-2007, 06:04 PM
AlphaSix, the ceiling do not appear very high, I would expect to have lights shot out and light covers with BBs holes in them. Also, the blackboard in the classroom would be very succeptable for damage. When I was in the 4th grade, and friend and I was just tossing this little necklace with a small charm on it back and forth, and it ended up hitting the blackboard and put a huge nick in for which I got swats for... Slate blackboards are rather fragile and very expensive, so I would cover that with cardboard.

Call me paranoid, but this event scares the crap out of me. Are the owners really aware of the potential damage that could be caused? I would hate for this to turn out as a black eye on the sport of Airsoft.

Thanks for your concern.

There may be some confusion regarding how this event will be run, and I want to make a few things clear so everyone can feel better about their concerns.

I have been playing this game for for about six years, The first airsoft event I had a major role in organizing took place in the summer of 2002 with TAC, I believe there were either two or three additional events that were in large part my creation in the following 18 months. While many folks from AO were skittering around Fran Bar on the speedball course waiting for the hot dogs to get done, we were running scenario-based games, and I believe introduced the first medic-based systems into Ohio play (I may be wrong, but we never attended any events that had anything but a regen/respawn point up till the TAC events starting in 2002).
I know what I'm doing, and I have six other people that are equally dedicated to providing a unique location, and presenting the challenge for the players that are ready to step it up.
There have been some people making assumptions in this thread that could largely be put to rest if those same folks would simply visit the website that we've created that specifically deals with RTA-organized events.

As I've said in the past, Both local and federal law enforcement agencies have trained at this facility. They use nasty little things called "simunitions" that are fired from real weapons, and attain velocities much higher than what we will be using in the airsoft guns at this event. We have insurance coverage on this location that will be in place for the entire year, that coverage is considerable, and has cost quite a bit of money. We will be adding extra protection to items and locations within the facility that we feel may be at risk. We have further minimized the chances for damage by requiring all weapons to be used in semi-auto only mode.

Now, much like all of you, I have attended events were things have gotten a bit out of hand, and I have also heard time and again the complaints about how those issues were handled, or not handled at all, so let me take another moment to clearly illustrate how serious we are about this. If any of the staff witness any player at all doing anything to willfully damage, or destroy the property, they will be immediately removed from the event, and handed to the local police department. Where others have promised action, this will be reality, not empty promises.

This event isn't geared towards the casual player, it's intended for experienced players that are tired of the same old Op with a different name each time. We'll be doing things at this Op that haven't been done before in airsoft (in Ohio at least) and all the RTA guys know that we could have packaged this in such a way to just make a quick buck and play the FranBar HotDog Festivals that used to be so popular, but none of us are interested in making a quick buck, and none of us are ready to sell out to get hundreds of players so we can call the event a "success".

Honestly, I guess I'd be wondering quite a it about this event as a player myself. The building isn't falling apart, it's heated, and it's 100% legit.
It's not in Springfield, and there are no hotdogs and sodas waiting at the end of the missions.

Okay, I've babbled way more than I wanted to, I'll finish up by saying I'm happy to answer any other questions, but they'll have to be posted on the forums of the event site, opforceindustries.com where they will do the people that are attending the most good.

Locutus
12-28-2007, 06:24 PM
AlphaSix, thanks for addressing those concerns. Sounds like you have a handle on it. I hope it goes well.

Sidd
12-28-2007, 07:34 PM
AlphaSix I too thank you for addressing my concerns. I was a bit apprehensive about attending, but you have answered that.

Now all I have to do it find the time and money.

On side note, if you did want to set up a small table selling hot dogs and sodas it might be a way to offset some of the price of the insurance. Everyone loves a good hot dog :)

DemonicUnicorn2
12-28-2007, 07:43 PM
On side note, if you did want to set up a small table selling hot dogs and sodas it might be a way to offset some of the price of the insurance. Everyone loves a good hot dog

That's a good idea.

Will the event be mostly in the hallways or will classrooms be open too?

Cobra
12-30-2007, 02:00 PM
Might be there along with +5

AlphaSix
01-06-2008, 10:38 PM
After hearing from several players that would be unable to attend both days of this event, we are now accepting one-day registrations for Saturday only. One day event fee will be $40 with $20 due upon registration.

Our roster for this event is currently 33% filled, and squad assignments are being made. If you're interested in more info, check out our event website at http://opforceindustries.com

Sidd
01-06-2008, 11:06 PM
Alpha your website doesnt seem to be working

Blade
01-06-2008, 11:10 PM
http://opforceindustries.com/
works for me

Sidd
01-13-2008, 08:46 AM
is there anyway you could post a roster of who all has registered for the event so far?

I would like to see who and how many people have signed up

output01x
01-13-2008, 11:01 AM
RTA has been regularly updating the roster every few days. You can find it here: http://opforceindustries.com/?q=node/20

Fresh
01-13-2008, 11:06 AM
AlphaSix

I have tried two different email addresses to sign up for the forum, but it will not send me a password to login. Can you please correct this problem for me?

Thanks.

AlphaSix
01-13-2008, 12:12 PM
AlphaSix

I have tried two different email addresses to sign up for the forum, but it will not send me a password to login. Can you please correct this problem for me?

Thanks.

PM sent, you should be good to go.

Sidd
01-13-2008, 12:20 PM
Thank you Output I had looked around the website but I was not able to find that roster.

V_Dub
01-13-2008, 01:32 PM
click the link it takes you straight there.

Fresh
01-13-2008, 02:27 PM
Just one more clarification, are we at the hard limit of 370 with 0.20 weight?

output01x
01-13-2008, 11:25 PM
Just one more clarification, are we at the hard limit of 370 with 0.20 weight?

All weapons must chronograph at or below 370fps (370fps will be the absolute maximum, no leeway.)
370fps with .20's

That certainly sounds like a hard limit to me.

Killtality
01-14-2008, 02:06 AM
Registering Today.

Sounds like its going to be awesome.

DemonicUnicorn2
01-14-2008, 05:47 PM
Question. I have an AUG. It has a pressure trigger, as I'm sure you know Alpha, therefore no selector switch. Will i be deemed "dead" if I accidentally do a 2-3 round burst in the middle of a fire fight?

AlphaSix
01-14-2008, 07:21 PM
We're now over 50% filled on the roster, the final day to register and pay is January 18, 2008 so if you're considering attending this event the deadline is fast approaching. We're looking forward to supporting all the teams and players that are supporting us. We've got some folks coming up from Kentucky, from Pennsylvania, and even a certain viking from Chicago will be attending.

Several folks have been asking specific questions, and as I mentioned previously I'm happy to answer them, but on the site where it will do all the registered users the most good. So please forward any questions to the forums on the event site at http://opforceindustries.com

There is a good collection of questions and answers already posted there.

Sidd
01-16-2008, 08:57 PM
yay i am all signed up and paid

Killtality
01-16-2008, 10:06 PM
Just sent my final payment.

DemonicUnicorn2
01-17-2008, 09:58 PM
Just sent payment

airsoftman
01-17-2008, 10:05 PM
if only i was 18..ive always talked to my friends about having an indoor "house like" game..thatd be so much fun!!

AlphaSix
01-18-2008, 11:37 PM
Just a final note to let everyone know we're about 24 hours away from the deadline to sign up and get paid for this event. We currently have 12 spots remaining on the roster, so if you've been thinking about attending this is the last day to get registered.

We have two camera crews confirmed for this event, as well as several other cams that will be running, we're hoping to collect a large amount of video that will be processed by a local video production company, and amazingly it won't takes months and month to complete. We'll also see about actually getting photos posted instead of them magically disappearing :)

Check it out http://opforceindustries.com

TacticalSniper
01-25-2008, 11:17 PM
god if i was 3 years older id be there for sure oh well looks extremely fun. I have always wondered what it would be like to play in my 3 story highshcool and this looks similar to playing in a school. Oh well looks fun.

john
01-30-2008, 10:44 AM
REGISTRATION UPDATE
http://opforceindustries.com