PDA

View Full Version : Red Dragon Open Play

Atomic
06-23-2007, 05:18 PM
I just wanted to say thanks to Gary and his wife of Red Dragon for hosting the open play today. You two are awesome!

If you haven't played at Red Dragon, you should. Gary and his wife run a top-notch field with lots of props, a tank, and rocket launchers. Plus, his enthusiasm for the game and bettering the field will surely make it one of the best places to play in Ohio.

Plus, the grub is cheap and plentiful :D

ReverseFlank
06-23-2007, 05:53 PM
have to agree it was realy fun and well done.

Djackson
06-23-2007, 06:13 PM
wish i could have made it.

Titan
06-23-2007, 07:13 PM
I loved it had a blast unfortunately i had a "gear malfunction" and have learned to always bring extra bdu's to airsoft events. I took a bunch of pictures and will get them in an album soon

I also want to thank Arron and his friend Rob for the invite and the ride, along with taking leadership and getting things rolling.

EDIT: album up with some of the ok pictures a lot turned out to be blurry and grainy, idk what was with my camera probly need to fix the shudder speed.

View the pics here (http://s201.photobucket.com/albums/aa7/CombatCameramanAO/)

ReverseFlank
06-23-2007, 07:37 PM
u know aarons call sign? also could not get to album page, think link is down

Titan
06-23-2007, 07:40 PM
Scorpion is Arron's call sign, I am working on the link

EDIT: Link fixed

V_Dub
06-23-2007, 09:55 PM
sorry I couldn't stick around, I had shish to do. props to gary for having such a nice field, and thanks to tweek for leting me use your gun.

1stairsoft
06-24-2007, 07:47 AM
ya it was a blast. it was fun killing you guys

BLACK SE7EN
06-24-2007, 11:55 AM
Red dragon is one of my favorite places to go now, worth the 2 hour drive. Next time atomic and i are going to drag your prop collection over to see if the group would like some of our little mission type games. Good to met new teammates and some more new face's. See you at the next one.

genocide43110
06-24-2007, 12:08 PM
I definitely had a good time. It was nice to get out and get some trigger time in. I hope to see most of the people I met at other events.

alinds311
06-24-2007, 12:20 PM
I thoroughly enjoyed my first event. The kind and positive attitudes at the field are definitely going to compel me to go to many other events. It was a blast holding down the creekbed with genocide and his buddy. Also I found that the owners were very kind and they just kind of gave us their trust to use whatever parts of the field we felt we should use... which was cool.

Miku
06-24-2007, 03:00 PM
Firstly, props to Gary and his wife for hosting the event, and props to Aaron for helping to run it. I had a great day all in all.

It was fun running with BLACK SE7EN and his guys while they were there, I was also glad to finally meet Scorpion, after all I'd heard about him. I'm so glad Scorpion was alright after getting shot down the troat and almost choking to death on the BB. That sort of thing makes me want to wear a face cover all the time now.

For anyone who was wanting to be in the building in the last game...no, you wouldn't have wanted to, lol. That was the most fire I've EVER been under at once. Which reminds me, I'm not going to name names, but, please think about the people your shooting at and their safety. I was not to happy to see someone run past a window and fire in point blank in at us, considering I took most of those hits. Now I'm not upset, I just want to try and keep these kinds of things from happening again by addressing it. But like I said before, I had a great time overall and look foward to coming down there again.

Yes, as many of you saw, I took a lot of pictures. I however, left my camera and main computer at Son of Liberty's house, so I won't be able to get the pictures up until after OP: 110.

tweek17
06-24-2007, 03:07 PM
Great games guys, definately worth the trip. Im sure me and Genocide will head down to a few more Red Dragon games this summer, hopefully with a few more guys next time.

Oh and sorry for stealing the fogtech, Im gonna have to bring a box of my own to the next event for all the poor people with sg1s.

Scorpion
06-24-2007, 08:27 PM
First, I would like to thank Gary for allowing us to use the field for the whole day and for the food. Secondly, I want to thank every player who showed up, even if it was for only one game. Without your support we wouldn't have fields like Red Dragon to use and we wouldn't have such a good Airsoft community in Ohio. Lastly I want to thank Atomic for helping me lead the event, it was a tremendous help having the same guys who were directing the event able to play the whole day without any major problems.

And as far as the event itself in concerned, I know I throughly enjoyed myself. All the scenarios were run well and everyone I talked to had a good time all day. I'm looking forward to helping next months event and I hope everyone else is looking forward to playing!

One last thing, it's Aaron, not Arron. ;)

kamikaze_kid_08
06-24-2007, 09:08 PM
this was my first real event as well and i had a blast. it was nice to start with a fun, laid back day and meet some cool people. i look forward to seeing everyone at other events.

Son of Liberty
06-24-2007, 10:07 PM
I had a ton of fun, though my M4A1 wasn't functioning as well as I would've liked, I still enjoyed myself. Props to Gary and Mrs. Gary's Wife for holding the event, and the delicious burgers. Great to see Black Se7en and actually talk to him. Aaron, glad you're okay, and I can't wait to see you running with us in the near future. Great MG36 by the way and thanks for shooting me in the nose and lip ;). I liked the Downed Pilot Games the best, just cuz I got to get dragged around heh heh. I'll be up there at the next one, til then, stay fly yo!

P.S. Great knowing Kong's First name! Gave me a good chuckle!

V_Dub
06-24-2007, 10:29 PM
P.S. Great knowing Kong's First name! Gave me a good chuckle!

april or adrial or sumptin like that :P j/k kong, we won't hold it against you.

edit: I resemble that comment about the AEB :(

edit 2: pun intended.

Wraith
06-25-2007, 06:15 AM
Had a great time out there Saturday. Thanks to Gary and his wife for the great field and food. I look forward to the next game.
Sure was good getting to put faces to some of the names on here. Good to meet all of ya. Dub4lyfe got lost early on when he traded the aeg he was using for an aeb (Had to be there) and dissappeared in a cloud of smoke.j/k.
I didn't get to meet too many ppl from blue team but it was nice getting to play with you guys. Hope to see you on the field again.
Thanks to Scorpion and Atomic for keeping things organized. And to whoever it was that kept shooting me after I had called out 3 times, thanks for unlo ading your mag on me. I wasn't sure if I had been hit or not until the 29th round bounced off the back of my head as I was exiting the field.

Mavrick
06-26-2007, 07:51 AM
april or adrial or sumptin like that :P j/k kong, we won't hold it against you.

edit: I resemble that comment about the AEB :(

resemble? lol you mean resent?

Ahh, wish i could been out there for it. I got caught by that summer flu and have been sick all weekend and most of last week.

Miku
07-01-2007, 02:07 PM
I know this is sort of necro posting, almost, but I just got my computer and camera back yesterday and so have just now uploaded the pictures I took.

Link: http://www.flickr.com/photos/mobiusone/sets/72157600589403124/