PDA

View Full Version : Ss3

Arcane
06-03-2007, 12:15 AM
I'm not sure why I'm still awake but I'll kick off the comments for Safari Strike 3...

First and foremost, huge thanks to TAC for all their work and professionalism that they put into making SS3 one of the best events in the nation. Second, a howling AHROOO! for xray for leading Antoga to victory. Next, thanks to all my brothers in arms, for a great fight, and huge kudos to all the medic who executed their duty admirably, and to the Antoga CoC for a job well done. And finally, but not least, props to US for fighting well and hard and being altogether worthy opponents.

Everybody displayed excellent sportsmanship, I witnessed no flared tempers,I think we all had a blast. Shame we have to wait a whole year to do it again.

Sidd
06-03-2007, 07:33 AM
Hells ya son it was a rockin event.

I also want to send a giant thanks to Team TAC for being such great guys, putting on a great event, and especially for being such great ambassadors in NE Ohio and the country in general

I also want to thank all the sponsors especially Airsoft Arms, Combat Depot, Airsoft Smith, and Zshot.com aka Wallace "the wild man" Lau, since I know all them personally, for keeping the sport we love alive and continuing to take our money when no doubt we should be saving it :p

Atomic
06-03-2007, 08:19 AM
Thanks to everyone who played and everyone who put it on and supported it. That was a blast. Thanks especially to the vendor that donated the M-11 for me to win! Someone let me know which sponsor to thank.

The recommendation that I have for Miyagi, is that if he is going to dress like a hippie gypsy, please pack some weed that we can take from him.

Jacko
06-03-2007, 11:21 AM
I and the rest of Geist Kompanie had a lot of fun at SS3 and we'd like to thank TAC formaking such a great event (as it has been the last two years as well) and the advertisers for giving us such a great raffle! We always enjoy driving down to Chardon to play with such a great storyline, awesome props, and most importantly our fellow airsofters.

One thing that I, personally, have to ask is if anyone on these boards found a gold M203 shell near the pond during the AM mission. A few of the other Rebels told me that someone had picked up the one I lost and that that person was going to turn it in. The ladies at the Lost and Found never had one come in but I can understand if whomever found it had to leave early or it slipped their mind. Please get in touch with me if this is you and I'll PayPal money for shipping back to Michigan and a small finders fee.

Falcon
06-03-2007, 12:00 PM
Yeah, somebody still has my pliers.:confused:

Anyhow it was a great day and many thanks to Tac and all the sponsors for such a great event and raffle afterwards. I had 782 so of course the Systema challenge kit went to 783.... Oh well always next year. I hope.:D

Duo Chan
06-03-2007, 02:48 PM
Awesome event TAC, absolutely amazing!

I'd like to start off by thanking a few people who made the event worth wild. A huge thanks to Captain Sidd, Corpsman Kurt Klaus and All-That-is-Infantry Mozart!

Sidd, as always it was a blast serving with you. It's a shame that command refused to utilize your plans or ability to get a job done under fire. Had you been leading defense for the PJ's as originally planned, US Col. would have taken the day.

Kurt, I'm glad I got to run with you for a day before you ship out, instead of just messing with you as a role player. We couldn't have asked for a better medic or rifleman, hell, you even proved your worth as a sniper out there. But in my eyes, your moment of the day was reviving Sidd and myself in the opening fight. It was over, we had lost it all, then next thing I know you slide past me like a ball player into home plate under enemy fire, smack against the wall, touch Sidd and say "I'm healing you". You, "ARE A CORPSMAN!"

Mozart, well, you're not reading this. Long live Mobile's oil rig. NOT a lost cause!

And obviously, huge thanks to all the sponsors for supporting yet another incredible event. Wallace, Blade, Darkstar, Paul, you help make airsoft what it is, my friends.

And thanks to Miyagi for being such a good sport, and knowing how to take a joke. :D You're great man, even when we put you through hell.

Phil
06-03-2007, 04:57 PM
I never thought i could be that tired, sweat that much or drink so much water. I had an absolute blast, even though i got pissed at my vest for being too heavy, at my goggles for fogging, and at my gun for not feeding, I had a great time. though it made me question my choice in vests. Thanks tons to TAC for throwing an awesome event and to Wallace and Loki for playing cards with Josh and I until 2 in the morning friday night. Thanks also to Paraclete for donating vests for me to win. :p and thanks to El Mariachi for leading us around. and Sidd for driving past use on the highway on the way home, so I could pound my fists on the windows and wave at him.
I was dog tired when i got back, so i hit the hay around 10:30PM, and woke up around 1:00 when i got home, even though i had slep for about an Hour and a half on the way home.my count says 15 hours. Go Antoga!!!

hkrazy
06-03-2007, 07:24 PM
Wow. This is the most tactically sweet game Ive ever been to. Thank you TAC and company.

My squad decided they werent having fun. So I left them in search of fun.

So a thanks to antoga squads 1-1, 1-2, 1-3, 1-4, 2-2, 2-4, 3-1, and 3-3.

Especially 1-1. Ive never been overrun by so many people!!! Those last 25 minutes was the most intense airsoft Ive ever played.

And whoever that civilian who blew the mine on us: I hope youre playing next year so I can shoot you.

In conclusion: AHROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!

browning
06-03-2007, 09:03 PM
And whoever that civilian who blew the mine on us: I hope youre playing next year so I can shoot you.

It was actually a 40mm grenade :(. Had the four of us behind the wood bunker not been killed, we may very well have held that line near the edge of the town instead of leaving Scorpion on his own to hold. Props to Scorpion on three hours of non-stop killing.

Although I spent nearly 75% of my day in the woodline near the village, I still had a blast...especially near the end of the game when Ruskie and I returned from spawn and began chanting and laying tons of fire on bunker alley as the U.S. advanced on us.

All in all it sounds like our entire team had an awesome time although all three support weapons went down by game end. We will be back in force again next year. :)

Special thanks to X-Ray and all of the Antoga high command for leading Antoga to victory, Scorpion for all he has done for us as team leader and techie to get us ready for this event, Covert of Canton for rolling with us, and hkrazy for volunteering to stick around with us and hold the woodline when everybody else decided to high-tail it out.

And before I forget, many thanks to Team TAC for putting on a wonderful event. I will definately be back for the next installment. ;)

Browning - Team Phalanx

Big Clips
06-03-2007, 10:09 PM
It was actually a 40mm grenade :(. Had the four of us behind the wood bunker not been killed, we may very well have held that line near the edge of the town instead of leaving Scorpion on his own to hold.

Lu has a very awesome video of Ghostsight killing you guys with that.

Awesomeness.

browning
06-03-2007, 10:20 PM
Lu has a very awesome video of Ghostsight killing you guys with that.

Awesomeness.

Can't wait to see it then. ;)

Big Clips
06-03-2007, 10:22 PM
Someday you will see it in one of those Orbit "Dirty Mouth" comericals.

untouchable53
06-04-2007, 11:28 AM
Wow! What a great day of airsoft! I really don't think I could have asked for anymore. Special thanks once again to Team TAC and all of the sponsors and thanks to Pinnacle Woods for the venue. Met a number of Ohio guys for the first time and met a ton of guys from outside as well. My hat goes of to Team Foxhound(VA) and the few members of ECHO(VA) that helped the US hold the Exxon Oil Rig. We all held the Rebels from destroying it for close to two hours. GIT SOME!!! Easily one of the best firefights I've been a part of! See you all next year, when the US/Coalition comes back to help restore peace!

Mavrick
06-04-2007, 01:04 PM
As being this was my first SS event, let me say WOW, i mean WOW. I had an awesome time. Strikers, thanks for taking care of me and giving me things to do. I had a blast the entire day. Glaekin(sorry if i'm spelling incorrectly) thanks man, thanks a ton. I'm sure i was a handful at times, but pm i picked up your tactics pretty well.

US/Coalition forces, great job guys, in the pm i was inside the marketplace and watched all of the fire(unfortunately just out of my range) and it was intense. Guys at the Church, great job keeping it, esp at the end.

Antagona, you guys did a great job. Haha, although it was really hard to find our Satelites, you took everyone out pretty quick. You guys did a great job fighting off the frontline attempting to take the 2 political prisoners at the end of the game. I, along with a few strikers bled out the last 10 minutes(so we thought was the last 10 minutes, had i known it was extended along with the rest of my squad, i would have ran as hard as i could back to that line).

Everyone, it was great to put some faces to those callsigns on AO. I had a blast meeting everyone and you all did a great job! Guys who had accidents, i'm sorry, i hope you are all ok and remember to drink your water guys. If you dont have camelbacks, 30 bucks is a great investment on your life, please consider it. Also, dont forget to "Suck on your tube" hahaha.. when you get a chance. Strikers thanks for reminding us all to drink, in the heat of some moments i forgot i had a camelback.

TAC, wow guys, devote all that time for this event, guys, wow. I really hope you enjoyed it as much as the rest of us, you really deserve to.

Sponsors, Wow, never expected so much great merchandise to be raffled off. I love the scar and have been wanting to pick up some Magpuls for a while. To the guy who said "Hey that guy has a PTW", Shame on you, i have an upgraded ICS M4A1, not a PTW. and you will not find that SCAR for sale, i totally intend to use it. It matches my Multicam perfectly .

To the wasps in the marketplace, thanks alot, my arm is swolen because you wanted to ruin my fun, but you didnt succeed. M4 vs wasp that stung me, Winner: M4.

AA, thanks for the SCAR ;)

Atomic
06-04-2007, 03:36 PM
Wow! See you all next year, when the US/Coalition comes back to help restore peace!

When you return as tourists, you mean. HAHAHA

Vive Antoga!!!!

Wallace
06-04-2007, 04:16 PM
I am sure you guys are waiting for this... ;-)

http://www.ez-co.com/Album.asp?Folder=A20070602

W.

Duo Chan
06-04-2007, 04:57 PM
I am sure you guys are waiting for this... ;-)

http://www.ez-co.com/Album.asp?Folder=A20070602

W.

Thanks Wallace!

http://img.ez-co.com/EZ/PHOTOALBUMS/A20070602/MEDDSC_8060.JPG
You've got good taste in squads! :cool: That last hour or so some of the most fun I've ever had in airsoft.

Mavrick
06-04-2007, 05:14 PM
I want to find some pics of that last push we did on the white tent for the prisoners. I was foreground posing for some photographer, but i was too busy shooting to see who it was. Although there are a few nice pics of me getting my SCAR ;)

clinkman
06-04-2007, 11:02 PM
While this was our first OSS, but it most assuredly will not be our last. We had a great time. Both sides fought long and hard and kept coming back again and again. There are too many highlights to name them all, but the huge long running firefight west of the city in the woods in the second scenario stands out for the sheer length and fierceness of it. Great job by all.

Team TAC did an outstanding job prepping and running the event. Few events I have been to ran as smooth and seamlessly as OSS 3, and I know how much work and effort goes into events of this size. Even the best efforts sometimes can not produce such results. The players/teams on both sides are to be commended for doing their part to help that happen too, following the rules, showing up on time, and being good sports for the most part. Tremendous effort on both sides. Staff was very friendly and helpful when needed, both from TAC and Pinnacle Woods (thanks PW's for hosting...). Erock and Nextmayor did a fantastic job with the managment and direction of the event as well.

Antoga leadership was very thorough and motivating, great job at CO by Xray. We would fight for or alongside you any day, anywhere. Thanks also to all the squads on Antoga for the great effort and for making us "outsiders" feel welcome on our first trip up there. We probably knew more players/teams on the US side, and know there were some very very good and honest players and teams over there. We always appreciate being able to compete against such worthy opponents and friends as well.

And last but not least, thanks to all the Ohioans (is that correct?) that we met along the trip, from stores, gas stations, restaurants, hotel, etc...all were very friendly and made our trip that much more enjoyable. Had some great food along the way too! Until next year...

Lu
06-06-2007, 10:23 PM
Here ya go guys:

http://s150.photobucket.com/albums/s100/jtkids17/Safari%20Strike%203/?start=all

Was a great event, hope to see you next year.

Destroyer
06-06-2007, 11:05 PM
TAC, great event! Thanks so much for putting it on!

I'm finally starting to put some faces with AO names. See you all at SS4!

Sixes
06-07-2007, 03:20 AM
during the event, i thought i was having the absolute worse time of my life. before we even started, i fell in a hole and fubar'ed my right knee, so i was hobbling all day, my goggles had literally pools of sweat in them, and i was dehydrated to hell. but after reminiscing about the event, it was probably the best one i've ever been to. thanks to team Tac, especially F-bomb for bringing the ketchup for the hot dogs we grilled, and Loki and Wallace for staying up most of friday night and playing cards with me! there was an amazing amount of sportsmanship on the field, many people calling close shots as hits, or calling a hit, even if it may have been a ricochet. Lastly, thanks to all of antoga for kicking *** and taking names!

AARRUUU!!

Oddjob
06-07-2007, 03:50 PM
A great day. All of the props and roleplayers at all of the events have been getting more sophisticated and better every year. I am interested in doing some roleplaying at these events. It looks like a lot of fun.