PDA

View Full Version : Operation Wolf Forge 5/12/07

BlackHawk97
05-12-2007, 06:53 PM
What a great day.

I would like to say thank you to all of the players who came out, and a very big thanks to bstab for putting on a great event. I had a blast, and am quite sore from lugging my pack around most of the first half of the day. There was a lot of firefights, a lot of intense ones at that, and it was great to always be on your toes. I think the medic rules went over very well, and I enjoyed using something different.

I would like to thank Flyboy, xenos, noel, red, and spades for tagging along with Dante, Kong and myself. It was a pleasure playing with you all. Had a blast. And noel....we are b.a.'s...haha.

I'm ready for a hot shower, something to eat, something cold to drink, and a couch/bed/recliner or something of the sort, haha, looking forward to the pics and vid's that people got.

M&N
05-12-2007, 07:32 PM
Sorry wish I could have gone. Something came up last second

Noel911
05-12-2007, 07:47 PM
Blackhawk, next time we need to bring ice pics and harnesses so we can climb the huge rocks, lol. Great event BSTAB, I had more fun than I expected. Can't wait for the next one.

Evil Head
05-12-2007, 08:01 PM
I would like to thank everyone who worked hard to put this event on. It was a pleasure leading the Rogue players. I'll play with you guys anytime. I had a blast even though my best gun went down at lunch. Good to see the Strikers out in force and I'd have to say again Iron Maiden is the best looking out of all you girls. The highlight of the day was making our POW's carry the heavy bags to the objective.

Thanks again.

Xenos Elite
05-12-2007, 08:18 PM
Thanks to BSTAB and everyone who helped put on this event. I had a blast plaing with everyone. I really enjoyed using the medic rules, that worked out well. Can't wait to see the pic's and videos.

Kurt Klaus
05-12-2007, 08:33 PM
The highlight of the day was making our POW's carry the heavy bags to the objective.

Thanks again.

Yea... that was SO fun... -_- ... I will get you back!

YAY, finally! No mud/crap weather! :D Great day and thanks to everyone; organizers, roleplayers, COs and players. I had a great time, very well put together and organized (I would have thought to see more FF, but it turned out pretty well) and I saw alot of good sportsmanship. The medic/regen rules was executed very well and added a new dynamic/feel, away from the "norm", which I enjoyed.

Jimbo
05-12-2007, 08:49 PM
The highlight of the day was making our POW's carry the heavy bags to the objective.

Thanks again.

That was a good one, but also just after that when the 6 or 7 of them tried to run to their men who were rescuing them, and didn't identify themselves, so they got a nice helping of some friendly full-auto

It was a great event, and i had a blast

Kurt Klaus
05-12-2007, 09:06 PM
That was a good one, but also just after that when the 6 or 7 of them tried to run to their men who were rescuing them, and didn't identify themselves, so they got a nice helping of some friendly full-auto

That was halarious... I was the lucky one who just stayed back in the building there and watched, 'cause I knew just that would have happened. :D

:applaude:

hkrazy
05-12-2007, 09:09 PM
I missed this one for the Cardinal OCC track meet....
What were the medic rules? How long did you guys play?

Spades
05-12-2007, 09:18 PM
i had a great time. Thanks to Bstab, you guys put on one heck of an event. it was also a real pleasure for me to actualy fight along side the guys of the 97th for a change! had a blast, and am waiting for the next event from BSTAB

Glaeken
05-12-2007, 09:52 PM
BSTAB,

Excellent event, bros!

I had a fantastic time.
I'll agree with the extra helpings of great sportsmanship shown by the players.
Several times I heard guys check their fire before lighting up suspected/assumed wounded players, use the bang-bang rule outdoor (which is almost unheard of), and make sure the other player they shot is ok.

Like I said, great show of sportsmanship.

It was good seeing old friends, some seemingly coming out of the woodwork like Bossman and crew from OVMB, and having some team members show up that have been away too long - Distorted Axis.

BSTAB folks, it was good to see you again after a long hiatus.

Those party-animals 6mm Militia were out in force showing with a fairly large crew.
Dante and crew got a chance to come out, good to see you guys.

I'm missing shout-outs, I'm sure, folks like the 97th and 91st....Kurt K, Red Spetz and his 'despicable' SVD...Flyboy from IP - running solo but teaming well with the URO...um.....

....who did I miss? hehehe

I'm proud to have been witness to one of the largest Striker showings.
Helped by the sudden appearance of Distorted Axis and the returning Punisher.

All in all, this was a great event. Lots of moving and crazy-mad firefights.
The tenacity shown by the URO gave them some well-deserved respect in our eyes.
Evil Head and the Rogue squad, our sniper element who I mistakenly thought were URO, and our Revered Commander, I give you guys "Hip Hip Hoorays".....
....was that too old of a saying to post on this forum....hehehe

I'm proud to have shared the field with you all today.
You showed me honor, integrity, and camaraderie is still alive and kicking butt.

Now, I've got a date with some "BenGay" and a hot shower.

Noel911
05-13-2007, 10:14 AM
Yeah, the only contact I had with OCA was always with the strikers... I was surprised the URO won.

Blade
05-13-2007, 10:20 AM
URO won?
Impossible!!!!
;)

BlackHawk97
05-13-2007, 11:30 AM
Hey kurt, did you get those pics/video up? I would like to see if my sexy butt's in them, haha. And blade...of course we won, we walked over you at the end.

Noel911
05-13-2007, 11:32 AM
yeah, I am glad the strikers showed up at the third, because we were just about to leave for the fourth, and the third would have been yours for the taking.

Kurt Klaus
05-13-2007, 11:42 AM
Hey kurt, did you get those pics/video up?

Most of the pics and vids went bad due to some water in/on the lens. All I have are the pics prior to mid-game perhaps about the time Mike and I ran through some deeper parts of the streams. I have 11 "good" pics, 6 of which are during the briefings. I will get them up. I only took one vid and that has some issue with it (Its only a handheld camera :rolleyes:).

http://s80.photobucket.com/albums/j186/KurtKlaus/Airsoft/OP%20WF/

Rctaylor
05-13-2007, 12:16 PM
Shifty and I had a lot of fun skirmishing with everyone. Lots of recon, and a lot more trigger time than we'd expected.

I've got to give a call out to Tank. It was a lot of fun running with you. You really know where to be and how to lay down fire.

6mm Militia completely surprised us right off the bat. The hand grenades sure were fun. :)

Ultra
05-13-2007, 12:37 PM
I wanted to thank everyone for an great game, I had a blast! It was nice seeing some of the old faces and meeting quite a few new people, you all were top-notch!
Bstab- you ran a wonderful game, still sorry that we were late though. I look foward to the next one!
Stikers- you guys rock!
I don't guess anyone found a Glock mag?

BlackHawk97
05-13-2007, 03:11 PM
Sweet, I am in a couple of them from the staging area haha. Did any of the vid's turn out Kurt? Oh and could you pm me a copy of your presentation when you get it done, I would like to see it, it sounds cool.

Yeah noel...definatly need some icepicks and other gear next time, haha.

TVCasualty
05-13-2007, 04:06 PM
There is so much to say about yesterday’s event.
This was not BSTABs first event, it certainly was the largest though. We had some embarrassing growing pains, such as my goggles disappearing right as we needed to take to the field, but I think everyone would agree once we got rolling, we definitely kept it going.

I think this all goes back to what I was saying before the game actually started, organizers can only provide the setting for the game, and it’s the players that really make it happen! So a huge thanks goes out to EVERYONE who attended and helped us put on one heck of a day.

Now we knew we had our work cut out for us as we tried so many things that we had never seen before and most of the rules that were used were at least re-written in some way. Many thought there would be no way everyone could keep up, and yes, we did have a few minor problems. But all things considered, these were very minor glitches in a massive complex situation where all rules worked together and that again goes out to the players for making that happen and understanding and following the rules.

So just to put it all down here are some of the things we did:
-In depth complicated mission briefings before hand via email
-New map with a completely different grid system much closer to a real military map.
-Phase lines detailing the attack and defensive plans
-Emailed counter intelligence
-Suicide cards
-New medic rules
-New POW/Capture rules
-Team based regen points, marked by the in game established command point.
-Pre-game deployed Special Forces, Sniper teams, and civilian units.
Perhaps on of the best features of this event was the fact that both myself and my brother crimson acted as both organizers and commanders. This allowed us to diffuse most situations before they actually got started and keep players tempers from cool to mild all day. In fact the biggest complaint we had all day was dead men talking. To that I can only say, listen to pre-game propaganda.
http://www.bstab.org/images/notails.jpg

There were also a few new roles that we will have to build on in the future such as the combat engineer and the “combat smoker.”

So I know everyone is curious about the other sides briefings, lol, so here they are for your browsing pleasure.
http://www.bstab.org/events/OPORD 001-01.pdf
http://www.bstab.org/events/OPORD 002-01.pdf

The exception was that the OCA sent out the following counter intelligence:

Very exciting news fellow members of the Ohio Citizens Army to further tilt the landslide!! We will absolute dominate the advanceing Republic as they make their febal attempt to engage us on our land.
They will be marching right through mine field X2-03!
In addition we will line the woods with heavy machine gun teams to cut them down once they reaslize they are in trouble with their footing.

See the attached map for mine location and ambush points.
In addition the Strikers provided their call and response as:
Call: Army
Call: Green
-OCA Command
Now there really wasn’t a mine field, nor did the Strikers give out our call and response, but it made for really good drama. …And it gave most of us a good excuse to hike all around the field to avoid this trap. For some reason we had a schism in command really early on, and I feel that it was my fault for rushing onto the field with out formally briefing all teams. This eventually led to our inexplicable luck in taking the first outpost (village 2) and the first gun emplacement in less then one hour.
Had everything gone exactly as planned, Seacrest would have fallen equally as quick, and the real monster fight would have been for the third point. As it turns out, the OCA only managed their defense at point 2. This is what you all remember as the fight for firebase Seacrest. This struggle took over 4 Ĺ hours. In fact the first attempt to take this point resulted in first 6mm coming back to the spawn and taking a lunch break. This was such a good idea, every team that came back at least thought that taking a breather was an excellent idea. Soon I had 90% of my force sitting down refueling. As you might expect this is when I knew the largest most powerful counter attack would be coming and we’d be lucky to make it back to the cars alive… so I did what any good commander would do and called a lunch break. (Thank god it’s only airsoft huh?) Well, that’s not exactly how it worked, but long story short that was how exactly how it ended up. Right as crimson told me he put the word out to call a lunch break I took a BB right to the center of my mask. With almost no cover and everyone in one spot it would have been over in less than a minute. To keep it fair and to put it back on track, we let the OCA have about a 1-2 minute head start coming back from lunch break, and it was almost too long! Had they been able to push another 10 feet I would have to have retreated back down the hill and the day would have basically started over. From this point it took almost another 2 hours to beat back the OCA until a few brave soles were left a FB Seacrest. The URO had dead and wounded all over the side of the hill and the intensity was not letting up. The decision for a tactical withdraw was then ordered by the OCA command so that they could again setup a solid defense at point 4, bypassing point three.

The time was 1700 hours and the URO had finally regained it’s momentum, partially due to the fact that one of our squads was further deployed then intended (at Point 3) allowing it’s immediate capture after 2 fell. Point 4 then fell shortly there after. As tempers and frustration mounted on the OCA after an insane fight for Point 2, and some pulling out before they wanted to, we decided to put the game on hold until 1730 and save the last 30 for a final stand.
And after all that, both sides were still standing at 1800 hours.
Both achieved partial victory.
For anyone wanting an extra copy here is the map in full resolution.
http://www.bstab.org/events/Springfield-FINAL-East.gif

-TVCasualty

Noel911
05-13-2007, 04:19 PM
Yeah noel...definatly need some icepicks and other gear next time, haha.

hell yeah! and some harnesses and repelling gear.

BlackHawk97
05-13-2007, 05:18 PM
The time was 1700 hours and the URO had finally regained itís momentum, partially due to the fact that one of our squads was further deployed then intended (at Point 3) allowing itís immediate capture after 2 fell.

:D Sorry....we where originaly just going to flank the enemy, but decided, hey, why not secure all of the other guns so they will be cake to take. We had gun 3 for awhile, just where out of radio range for half the time. We where sitting there trying to get a hold of you or even our squads to let them know that 3 was taken, and to see if two was secured or if we needed to move out and reinforce someone.

No sooner did we make contact with one of the squads did strikers come up the hill next to the gun. Thankfully dante appeared out of nowhere, and the squad we got in contact with was able to come and re enforce us seeing as how we only had 4 people. But yeah, that was one hell of a hike, we literally went completely around the entire perimeter of the field.

HardLock
05-13-2007, 07:58 PM
Ultra,
A Glock mag was found after the game and last I heard it was being turned over to BSTAB as lost/found. Please contact TVCasualty for further infor. :)

red_spetsnaz
05-13-2007, 11:23 PM
As always, a pleasure to play at Springfield once again. It was definitely a change not to have to slog through ankle deep mud all day, I think Francois' FRENCH-Canadian-derived powers of weather control have finally left him.

Then again...

It was good to see all of you once again, and to see even more of you that I haven't seen in a long time. Always a good time with friends.

Outstanding job on BSTAB's part for a jolly good time;).

Also, always a fun time running with 6MM.

Speaking of which:

The two quotes for this event are:

"You can call me Daddy." - Iceman

Any and all references to the great Wayne Brady.

~Red

Snake Eyes
05-14-2007, 12:18 AM
Great job everyone! I enjoyed playing with all of you. The weather was great, and overall a perfect day for airsoft.

Evil Head, thanks for saving us Strikers those 16 or 17 times;)

Ultra
05-14-2007, 07:10 AM
Thanks Hardlock!

Red
05-14-2007, 02:39 PM
Thanks a lot for a great game, BSTAB. I had a great time rolling with the 97th, Noel, Elite, Flyboy, and company. We got seperated a few times but all in all I think we did a pretty good job.

I'm still a little confused. You BSTAB people are an odd bunch (Infamy or fame? You guys messed with my head, but I was mainly thinking you were all a little cracked out :D), but you hosted one hell of an event. Even with my gun crapping out, the splitting headache from standing near that damn air cannon, I still had a great time.

Damn good sportsmanship & players all around. Sitting around BSing it at lunch time was great - Mmm...warm, rotten, moldy american cheese. Gotta' love it. I wouldn't touch that with a stick..

TVCasualty
05-14-2007, 05:30 PM
LOL Red!
If you could have only seen the emails we had ahead of time. You were mentioned in various emails and PMs from nearly everyone you arrived with, but besides Noel’s father who was paying, you were the only one actually identified as attending. This caused an amount of suspicion for the OCA command and thus he wanted a picture of you to show to his forces so that he could capture and meet you on the field. So in fact you were made famous before you ever actually arrived. Just having fun man, and it was great seeing that look on your face before the game started!

:cool:

Snipers_Ghost
05-14-2007, 08:34 PM
That was halarious... I was the lucky one who just stayed back in the building there and watched, 'cause I knew just that would have happened. :D

:applaude:

I was with you in there! Here I thought you were behind me the whole run then I got mowed down and there you were safe and sound xD. That game was great it was worth the four hour drive from up here. Its monday and I'm still sore :D. I would like to thank Bstab and everyone that came for the event, agian we had a great time.

Iceman119
05-14-2007, 09:57 PM
BSTAB,
I'm missing shout-outs, I'm sure, folks like the 97th and 91st....Kurt K, Red Spetz and his 'despicable' SVD...Flyboy from IP - running solo but teaming well with the URO...um.....

....who did I miss? hehehe

How about all of team Clandestine Ops Glaeken?

Got any intelligence? How about a cookie?:D

Rctaylor
05-14-2007, 10:27 PM
'A few brave souls at Seacrest'.

I believe that was Shifty and myself. I still can't believe we held out against that attacking force. We probably picked off 6 or 7 of the attacking URO in the first minute. We had excellent cover, we outranged most of the other rifles, and we had incredible teamwork.

Then some Strikers swung around and I guess Crimson Ghost (not his fault) figured Shifty and I got completely overrun by the URO (We understood why). That resulted in Shifty and I taking a barrage of friendly BBs. Not a big deal; we got bandaged and reloaded, and were ready for more.

I guess it shows the strength of a prepared sniper team.

I really can't express how much fun I had all day. It was great talking to everyone, and I believe it was Ramrod; thank you for the BBs so Shifty could reload his sidearm.

Iron Maiden
05-15-2007, 01:02 PM
I would like to thank everyone who worked hard to put this event on. It was a pleasure leading the Rogue players. I'll play with you guys anytime. I had a blast even though my best gun went down at lunch. Good to see the Strikers out in force and I'd have to say again Iron Maiden is the best looking out of all you girls. The highlight of the day was making our POW's carry the heavy bags to the objective.

Thanks again.

Actually Evil....I think Blade is better looking than me. You should see him in the red pumps....oooo la la.....:eek:

Thanks to the crew of BSTAB. Was a great event. I had a blast. And a special thanks to our wonderful leader Crimson. You look quite dashing in the grey hat...:rolleyes:

Thanks to all who came out and played hard. This was actually my first event actually playing with my team. I look forward to playing a lot more with such a great group of guys. And hopefully we will see more days with all the Strikers in attendance. (ok so how bout with ALOT of Strikers in attendance? lol)

Red
05-15-2007, 02:09 PM
LOL Red!
If you could have only seen the emails we had ahead of time. You were mentioned in various emails and PMs from nearly everyone you arrived with, but besides Noelís father who was paying, you were the only one actually identified as attending. This caused an amount of suspicion for the OCA command and thus he wanted a picture of you to show to his forces so that he could capture and meet you on the field. So in fact you were made famous before you ever actually arrived. Just having fun man, and it was great seeing that look on your face before the game started!

:cool:

Well, that SORT of clears it up for me. I was wondering what I did all day! I kept on looking at my teammate Spades going "What the hell is going on? DO YOU KNOW ABOUT THIS? I'LL KILL YOU IF YOU DID ANYTHING!"

Who was the OCA commander? Guess he wanted to see the red hair in person, since it's so awesome :cool:

You guys made my day by doing that, it was down right hilarious.

Glaeken
05-15-2007, 04:09 PM
I would like to thank (belatedly) all of Clandestine Ops for coming out and showing what they're made of.

...did I just end a sentence with a preposition? hehehe

Ghost1186
05-15-2007, 05:25 PM
My guys and I all had a blast. It was 3 guys 1st event and they had a good time, the battle for the 2nd Gun was the best. Thanks to BSTAB for hosting, and it was nice seeing the Strikers again, also nice meeting a lot of new people, can't wait to get my team out there again and play with all you guys. Oh and for Blade we made it back ok, but it just sucked, because we had to keep checking the tire every rest stop, but I got 4 new tires for our next trek down there!!!:)

Dante
05-15-2007, 08:40 PM
Good job BSTAB for hosting a great event. I had lots of fun fighting from the north end of the field for a change. The only thing I would think aboot changing is the uniform requirements. While it made IFF hard it, added a small flare to the game where you have to ID every target before you shot. Armbands would have been nice to help split the team and cut back on friendly fire but I still had fun.

One good thing aboot not haveing a way to seperate teams is that I managed to sneak up on 3 OCA members and get a knife kill and two surrenders. To those 3 men, I say thanks for being good sports and calling out because I really didnt want to shoot you at close range.

Now I do remember seeing quite a few cameras and even someone shooting video. Is there any chance of seeing more pics or perhaps a video?

lazybum
05-15-2007, 10:56 PM
Thanks Bstab for the great event really injoyed it. Had fun sneaking around to take the third gun before the strikers even got to it. Also running around a lot healing people after we took the first gun. Can't wait for the next event and it was a pleasure playing against the strikers again.

TVCasualty
05-17-2007, 07:09 PM
The only thing I would think aboot changing is the uniform requirements.

We are still looking to find the ideal solution for this problem. Main thing is I don't think uniform should be your primary flag for IFF for many reasons.

Glad to hear everyone had such a good time.

Snipers_Ghost
05-18-2007, 10:31 PM
I think that the uniform situation in the game was fine. Having no team uniforms will pressure you to better coordinate teams in order to avoid friendly fire.

Playing through the whole event I'm pretty sure the only time I was downed by friendly fire was when escaping as a POW... Apparently running through a firefight *ISN'T* a good idea. :confused:

TVCasualty
05-19-2007, 01:36 AM
I think that the uniform situation in the game was fine. Having no team uniforms will pressure you to better coordinate teams in order to avoid friendly fire.

Playing through the whole event I'm pretty sure the only time I was downed by friendly fire was when escaping as a POW... Apparently running through a firefight *ISN'T* a good idea. :confused:

You know what’s funny about that is we were talking about the situation pre-game… I was saying to Crimson, yeah, you’re gonna have those POWs at that camp and we’re all gonna be outside in the field with the URO all lined up ready to go… Someone is gonna say, look they’ve got our POWs and I was gonna be like, “Don’t Be a Hero…” insert platoon image here as the OCA shoots them in the back trying to escape… rotflmao! Turn’s out what happened wasn’t too far off, only I wish I could have seen it happen!

But that’s exactly what we had in mind for the uniform requirements. Know your squad, know who’s on the left and right, coordinate all efforts through command.