PDA

View Full Version : Black Aurora 2

Titan
04-14-2007, 06:37 PM
I guess I am the 1st to get a chance to do this,

I just want to say thanks to those who put on the event, thanks to both CO's because it had to have been a lot of work planning that out. Thanks to the roleplayers and gypsies (and their bling) Overall great event, the weather wasn't amazing, but it was still a blast. I can't pick a single favorite moment, what about you guys? Here are some mud pics that I took of my gear when i got home

Son of Liberty
04-14-2007, 07:44 PM
I'd like to say thanks to the Organizers, and the Strikers for putting on a great event. Francois, you did a good job leading us. The Weather was just typical Springfield Weather just gotta get over it. Didn't do much shooting though, but I got a lot of Heals, about 22. Thanks to the Female on Black Eagle who was one of the role players (sorry I forgot your name!) who was carrying the 2 Demo Packs for keeping me busy the whole afternoon. Overall great event, I can't wait to see who won, hopefully Kali did, but if we didn't oh well. I was only muddy up to my shins, but I was sure wet.

Noel911
04-14-2007, 08:01 PM
Thank you Black Eagles for organizing, it was a great game. The first round was my personal favorite, and I hated the second round because I was freezing my *** off, but other than that, great game.

Xenos Elite
04-14-2007, 08:11 PM
Black Eagles, you did a great job organizing such a fun event, thank you. It was a pleasure fighting along side the Strikers and having Blade as our CO. Good work Kaliningrad.

colossus
04-14-2007, 08:47 PM
yes thanks to all my team and i had a great time

HardLock
04-14-2007, 09:22 PM
Great game. Thanks to Black Eagle for putting it on. I KNOW setting up and taking down the field in those conditions is not fun. I hope all you players understand what a BIG undertaking it is to put on a event like this. There is a lot of behind the scenes work by the organizers (Black Eagle) that most never see. The weather really took its toll on equipment, especially batteries and electronics. My left trigger finger must have taken a hit because it hurts like crazy. Didn't notice it earlier because it was so cold. Again, Nice game

PS: After the game, it was actually hailing when Strikers finally left the staging area!! BRRRRRRRRR!

Red
04-14-2007, 09:22 PM
Good job guys.

We had a couple mix ups about Translators on our side, which left us sort of screwed when trying to deal with the 'police' at the far village during the second game. The paratroopers were never given a translator, even though they were supposed to be divided up between The marines, SEALs & Paratroopers? I got confused there.

Horrible weather like usual, though. Oh well....Strike one on the board for mother nature. :p

Sidd
04-14-2007, 09:34 PM
I had an absolute blast running with the gypsies in the morning and "policing" the city in the afternoon.

Special thanks to both the political candidates for all the Vodka Comrades!!!!!

Glaeken this is for you http://home.comcast.net/~etrata/flash/banana.swf

Red
04-14-2007, 09:37 PM
I had an absolute blast running with the gypsies in the morning and "policing" the city in the afternoon.

Special thanks to both the political candidates for all the Vodka Comrades!!!!!

Glaeken this is for you http://home.comcast.net/~etrata/flash/banana.swf

Was that Glaeken doing that? We heard you guys singing the peanut butter jelly stuff when we were up in the hills watching the City. Some of our guys attempted the dance and failed misurably....Props to Glaeken if he pulled it off! :D

Sidd, were you one of the cops? Oh man we were PISSED at the city 'police', because we wanted to get into the town and secure it, but we couldn't because we didn't have a translator to talk to you guys.

Duo Chan
04-14-2007, 09:38 PM
Hello, pretty people!

Big, big thanks to Black Eagle for putting on such entertaining event! I'm still stuck in da Gypsy mode!

First half of day was funny funny, we laugh and drop many soap and clean the Loki's boots. All my Gypsy brothers did super role playing.

Last half was cold and I shiver my pants off, (lucky not infront of Gypsy brothers). Xray did wonderful job as police chef and showed us a good time.

Okay, accent aside. Great job to the hosts, you did an amazing job considering the absolutely terrorble weather. Quick thinking kept things going great. ALL the role players were wonderful, giving the country a very entertaining feel. And finally, thanks to the players, without you guys it'd never happen.

Congratz to the Kali Mayor, and thank BOTH of you for all the vodka! :D I keep bottles, take pictures with sexy beads.

Thank to the Gypsy brothers from 6mm for letting me steal wonderful accent and sayings.

Now, I go make sexy time!

Sidd
04-14-2007, 09:43 PM
Yes Red I was one of the cops.

lol I have no idea why Glaeken started with this song but since i had it bookmarked i posted it for him.

Yeah remember when you guys were trying to get in but couldnt get a translator if you guys had found one I was going to let you in, sorry bro lol

India
04-15-2007, 05:07 AM
Thank you all for coming out. We hope you had a good time. I'd type more but I'm too tired and sore.

CAR15A2
04-15-2007, 07:51 AM
Good job guys.

We had a couple mix ups about Translators on our side, which left us sort of screwed when trying to deal with the 'police' at the far village during the second game. The paratroopers were never given a translator, even though they were supposed to be divided up between The marines, SEALs & Paratroopers? I got confused there.

Horrible weather like usual, though. Oh well....Strike one on the board for mother nature. :p

Unfortunately, your translators never showed up. After a rather nasty fall in the AM mission, I managed to make it to the lunch break, but I sat out the PM mission. So I did not get a chance to reassign anyone as translators. I actually had several ballcaps in my duffle bag in case this came up.

So this was largely my fault that there was so much confusion, especially in the PM mission. In my own defense I was not thinking very clearly after about 10:30 due to the fall I took.

Thanks to Black Eagles for all of their hard work, to the role players for their often humorous performances, and to everyone from both sides that showed up to play in very challenging weather conditions.

My apologies for leaving the US team in the lurch, but it could not be helped.

Congratulations to Blade and everyone on the Kaliningrad side for your hard earned victory. Nothing I said above is meant as an excuse for our loss, you earned your victory.

Oscar
04-15-2007, 08:59 AM
Thanks to Blade for the excellent leadership and to BlackEagle for the putting so much work into putting this event together.

First scenario there was a mixup as to where the boundaries were on the map. The map we had (from BlackEagle's site) showed the out-of-bounds farther south, below the south-most trail. Even Blade and Dutton were unaware of the newer boundaries. We ended up patrolling out of bounds for much of the first scenario because of this. I found out later there were two different maps as well, which made relaying intel difficult. We did get some action and a few kills, but after getting separated from half my squad I decided protecting the intel I had was top priority. There were a few close calls, but we made it thru to lunch break unscathed.

The second scenario we set off to defend an AA and were overwhelmed by numbers. After hitting respawn we made our way to the railroad area to help protect the election, but never made it because the area was heavily patrolled by US. We bailed at about 4:15pm after we saw the election was already heavily fortified by Kali. By the time we'd walked back to respawn and came back the game would've been over.

I did notice quite a few people firing full auto on the second scenario, which was a disappointment. Could someone clarify if they made the second scenario full auto or not? I was still standing in line at the concession stand when things were coming together for the second half.

Had a great time despite the weather and the minor glitches. Looking forward to BA3.

Kurt Klaus
04-15-2007, 09:27 AM
I had a great time dispite the rain. Rather funny being around that mine/marketplace... Thanks and congrats to all organizers, commanders, roleplayers and all other involved in setting this up, mustv been a hard time dealing with issues in conjuction with this type of weather. Hope you feel ok Car.

Freth,

I dont believe there was a semi-auto rule ever inacted for this event. I remember you asking us about it clearly when you and a few of your teammates were defending one of the AA guns. I double checked the rules when I came home to make sure that what you said is true because I would be considerably mad/dissapointed at myself if I breached the rules. All I could find for semi-auto was for snipers, unless there was something I missed before each scenario. Each side was equally using full-auto on AEGs in every engagment I participated. I didnt shoot much anyway... I was a corpsman.

Lastly, anyone took any pics? :D

Titan
04-15-2007, 09:52 AM
There was a cameraman, though I have no clue who he was. I was also disappointed at people leaving in the second half of the event, my squad lost 3 guys over the course of the day, 2 before the morning missions were over. Then we lost out medic for the afternoon, so I took on squad leader/medic duties, I know I wasn't the only one, SoL was too. I must say he did a very good job leading the Spartans, and protecting our freedom fighter

Big Clips
04-15-2007, 10:20 AM
Lu was the camera man.

And you guys who are disapointed in people leaving the second game can suck on it. The weather, wetness, and overall cold is something that can really hurt someone in the long run. People have to make their own choices on their own health and shouldnt have people look down on them for making a choice to sit out on a game. I was drenched head to toe, and when doing something for recreation (like an airsoft game) if Im not haveing a good time, Im not going to do it.

Oscar
04-15-2007, 10:33 AM
Freth,

I dont believe there was a semi-auto rule ever inacted for this event. I remember you asking us about it clearly when you and a few of your teammates were defending one of the AA guns. I double checked the rules when I came home to make sure that what you said is true because I would be considerably mad/dissapointed at myself if I breached the rules. All I could find for semi-auto was for snipers, unless there was something I missed before each scenario. Each side was equally using full-auto on AEGs in every engagment I participated. I didnt shoot much anyway... I was a corpsman.

Lastly, anyone took any pics? :D

Oops... I double-checked myself. There definitely wasn't anything specified about semi-auto only. I think what happened is I correllated lo-caps with semi-auto since it's not feasible to fire full auto using 100-round lo-caps, unless you're carrying a boatload of them. Had I known I think I would've stuck with semi-auto anyway. At any rate, disregard, it was my mistake for making that assumption.

Magnet
04-15-2007, 10:57 AM
Thanks to Black Eagle for putting on the event, and for all who helped run it. I enjoyed the first half a lot more than the second, as I could only feel my hands for the first half. It was great to finally meet Big Clip, D Man, Car15a2 and all the others whom I've talked to online and never before met in person. I'll see everybody at the next event!
-Crowley

THX
04-15-2007, 11:27 AM
Sorry to hear about your fall CAR. Freth - yeah there was never a semi-only rule in effect. As far as people leaving due to the cold and rain honestly just showing up knowing what you would be in for says you are more hardcore than most of the sheeple out there. Most if not All of the "big players" in ohio airsoft where represented at the event and a big hooah to the folks that drove into this weather from out of state to attend. AAR as well as some other exciting announcements should follow shortly.

Oddjob
04-15-2007, 12:09 PM
Running my kid around in the rain and cold for the second half didn't really make much sense to me. It was fun anyway while we were there and he even found a rocket tube. He was excited, but cold and soaked by the break. Parental prudence was called for.

Duo Chan
04-15-2007, 12:20 PM
Running my kid around in the rain and cold for the second half didn't really make much sense to me. It was fun anyway while we were there and he even found a rocket tube. He was excited, but cold and soaked by the break. Parental prudence was called for.

Hey Oddjob, was your kid with the Spetznaz during the first mission? Perhaps a 15 year old son? :D If so, tell him hello from the Gypsys, and we had a good time messing with him at the market while he was translating. If not, that kid needs to pipe up and say hello.

BlackHawk97
04-15-2007, 12:33 PM
Big thanks to everyone who came out, and a HUGE thanks to Black Eagle for a great event. Despite the wether, I had a great time. I did leave early during the second game, but I know why now.....I woke up this morning with the flu....damnet, haha, it was worth it though.

Big thanks to Tac for the good command structure(atleast from the SF side). Fbomb, thanks for being the squad leader in the AM mission, it was a blast, and lawdog, thanks for being the SL in the pm mission, it was a pleasure working with both of you.

Thanks again to the players and orginizers that made the day such a fun day...again despite the wether, haha.

India
04-15-2007, 01:27 PM
From what I heard, both teams suffered heavy casualties from the weather. I don't fault ANYONE for leaving early.

Darkside Six
04-15-2007, 01:59 PM
Had an awsome time! It was also my first "Big" Operation Ive been too. I made 12 confirmed kills, with a UTG L-96.Longest kill approx 190 feet.

Spades
04-15-2007, 02:10 PM
thanks to the organizers for putting in a good bit of effort for this event. lots of props to you all!
getting hopelessly lost with loki and king near the end of the day was interesting to say the least! i found i can tollerate that horrid of weather pretty well!
i only saw one instance of cheating and it was with the only person i shot at the whole day. i heard and saw the bbs bouncing off his k pot about 20ft away and he just ran off. other than that i think this was the best example of sportsmenship in any event i have been to. and i know i am not the only one on my team who thinks that!

it was a pleasure playing along side every one on the US side and i hope to play along side all of you again! i met a lot of good guys and great airsofters yesterday.
HOOAH!!

Atomic
04-15-2007, 02:39 PM
There was a cameraman, though I have no clue who he was. I was also disappointed at people leaving in the second half of the event, my squad lost 3 guys over the course of the day, 2 before the morning missions were over. Then we lost out medic for the afternoon, so I took on squad leader/medic duties, I know I wasn't the only one, SoL was too. I must say he did a very good job leading the Spartans, and protecting our freedom fighter

Sorry to disappoint, but after having pneumonia 3 times in the first 33 years of my life, health is more important. Anyway, I froze enough in 19 months of deployment playing "real mil" events in the army. :)

Thanks to all of the organizers and players. This was a blast! I also want to thank the guys of the 91st, you did a great job. Look forward to next time we get together.

Miyagi
04-15-2007, 03:06 PM
Hats off blackeagles and all the role players!!!

Red
04-15-2007, 03:13 PM
CAR15A4, I hope that spill wasn't too bad, and that you're alright. I don't blame anyone in particular about the translator thing, but it did get slightly annoying when the police were just staring at us from the village. We wanted to get down there and raid the place! We were all saying how we'd love to just go and take those darn civilians hostage, and go Rambo on everyone in that damned village out of frustration from the cold weather :p

Which, ironically, a group of 15 US guys from random squads banded together and charged the far village/city to try to take it back. THAT was fun! I ran out in the middle of the area when the smoke was thrown, started yelling and immedietly got lit up from head to toe. I've got some big welts to prove it! :D

Raptor 21 & Raptor 22, good job guys. The few firefights we were in we dominated it seemed (When we were in our entirety). What were your guys' names? We never caught them unfortunately. We enjoyed hanging out with you and beating the horrible weather with you guys, too.

Oddjob, we aim to please...with BB's. :cool: The 91st had fun, but two of our guys didn't want to stay with the rest of us crazy bastards in the cold. I don't blame anyone for leaving either, even though it was dissapointing to have seemingly half of the US gone.

NONE the less!

Duo Chan
04-15-2007, 03:32 PM
I did get slightly annoying when the police were just staring at us from the village. We wanted to get down there and raid the place! We were all saying how we'd love to just go and take those darn civilians hostage, and go Rambo on everyone in that damned village out of frustration from the cold weather :p

Not on our watch! You do realize, Sidd and I would have killed and tea bagged every last one of you who tried to raid our Mother Land and take our Comrades hostage!

Red
04-15-2007, 03:36 PM
....You do realize, Duo Chan, we would have pulled out the uber-weapon? Sheer stupidity! MAHAHAHAHA!

We would have rode in on invisible horse-back with coconuts, screaming tales of Swallows, whether they be european or african! And we would have started dancing and telling more tales of Hot pockets courtesy of Jim Gaffagin.

Duo, there were at least 20 of us in them thar' hills, so you would have had a heck of a time guarding us with only two of you. Even if the Civilians helped. Thank your god for our mercy! :D

browning
04-15-2007, 04:52 PM
Thanks TF Black Eagle for putting on the event. I'm now feeling a little sorry I left early, but not much else I could do feeling under the weather and with the gun troubles I was having at the end of the first mission. Great to finally meet a few of you, the Spartans especially. And also thanks to Blade for lending me a few tools at the beginning of the event.

THX
04-15-2007, 05:28 PM
The first batch of pics from Black Aurora 2 have been posted in the recon section of our website (http://taskforceblackeagle.net).

Xenos 8
04-15-2007, 05:29 PM
Thank you to Black Eagle for setting this even up, everyone who helped set this up, the Strikers, everyone who came, and all the civilians and gypsies and rolleplayers etc. You made the day fun :) I had a great time despite the horrible weather and my P90 having a short circut or something before I could ever use it and having to use two CO2 cartridges in my pistol, because one of the mags was broken. Spartans I think we all did a great job and my favorite thing was hanging out with you guys ;)

Kurt thanks for letting our muddy selves sit in the back of you car ;) Whomever it was the let me borrow those Co2 cartridges and the case key thanks you very much, and I am sorry I didn't catch your name. Way to go Kali, we own lol.

Finally: Dont fire that thing so close to my head, I can barely hear as it is!!

Wicaed
04-15-2007, 06:17 PM
My gun lasted the entire event, brought 2 extra batteries onto the field, but my one 1700mah battery was kicking the entire game, and got rain in my tightbore/bucking and so much mud, by the end of the event, my bb's were flying everywhere.
Lovin the ak74.

Ghost1186
04-15-2007, 08:24 PM
Red, the charge was led by and my team, Ronin, Me, Hades, and Frosty charged straight up with you all, and we did some damage to them even though we got wiped out. There was only 8 minutes left so we figured why not do a bayonet charge, look forward to more of those in other OP's. Thanks to all of 2/1 and 2/2 we were out numbered and out gunned most of the day but I think we all did pretty good, given the circumstances. Good game everyone!!

Titan
04-15-2007, 09:00 PM
I want to know who it was that took a picture of me an two of my guys in fleck, it was just a picture of the three of us posing in fleck. It was the cameraman in civilian clothing (someone mentioned his name i think, but i forget sorry) If anyone knows who it was could you see if he still has the pic and could possibly forward it to me, at stxfball2009@gmail.com I would very much appreciate it.

Miyagi
04-15-2007, 09:11 PM
Lu from 08eu

Son of Liberty
04-15-2007, 09:17 PM
I'd like to add it was great meeting so many of the other players I've talked to. Like Browning- Great finally meeting you and a pleasure to fight alongside you even though we all got seperated lol. Miyagi- It was nice meeting you too, even though it was only a brief conversation about the weather haha.

Falcon
04-15-2007, 09:21 PM
I want to know who it was that took a picture of me an two of my guys in fleck, it was just a picture of the three of us posing in fleck. It was the cameraman in civilian clothing (someone mentioned his name i think, but i forget sorry) If anyone knows who it was could you see if he still has the pic and could possibly forward it to me, at stxfball2009@gmail.com I would very much appreciate it.

I could use that one as well: Ysalamiri09(at)yahoo.com (use @ not (at) it avoids the spam bots ;) )

Anyhow I had a great time. Just wish I could have been able to see for the second half...

HardLock
04-15-2007, 10:43 PM
Here are the pregame pictures I took. Notice how everyone is still warm and dry. :D

http://s37.photobucket.com/albums/e99/StrikersHardlock/Airsoft/Black%20Aurora%202/

output01x
04-15-2007, 10:46 PM
Thank you to BlackEagle, the role players, our US boys who fought good and hard, the Kalis for giving us more than our money's worth, and TAC for leading us through one nasty game. Thank you CAR, Nextmayor, and Erock for each stepping up as COs for the US side when needed.

CAR, I hope you are feeling better now, be sure to update us with your status.
Nextmayor, sorry you were having such a bad day man.
Fbomb, Miyagi, Erock, Bad Kharma, Loki, Lawdog, and the rest of the TAC guys, it was good seeing and fighting alongside you guys as always.
GI Jim, its good to meet another member of TAC, I'm sure I'll be seeing you and the other new guys on the field.
Gertrude, you annoyed the hell out of me. Watching Big Clips throw you to the ground made my day. My shoulder still hurts from when I fell while running to get to you.
Crowley and Honky, it was great finally seeing you guys at a game. Honky, sorry about your gun bro, I'll stop by your place sometime to help you check it out.
Duo and Sidd, you guys are freaking nuts like always.
Blade, I really do hope that you don't still feel like that situation was intentional. When we walked into you guys, we were just as confused as you, our guys just seemed to catch on a little quicker. Plus, if we had planned that out, I wouldn't have gotten hosed right next to you.

All in all, this was an event that would have been 100x better if the weather had been nice. That field really gets nasty. It really is a shame things turned out the way they did. With how great Black Aurora 2 despite the weather, I can only imagine how awesome Black Aurora 3 will be. And hopefully it will be back in Bellafontaine.

Spyder2k
04-16-2007, 01:19 AM
Great Event! As everyone has already stated, Weather was crappy. But It sure felt like Pittsburgh with all the the Wind and Rain. Thanks Ohio!! 2nd Platoon 1st Squad was FANTASTIC 1st half!!! Thanks guys for putting up with me. Our medic kicked major butt and we took alot of items with the help of our Lt. and CO.

Unfortunately i couldn't convince the people I drove down with to stay the 2nd half and we left after lunch. Great Job 0201 and hopefully Kali came out on top!!!

Thanks again to the organizers and staff of this event. I know how difficult it is to run one of these things and you did a great job despite all of the late-comers, no-show's, and weather. See you all soon!!

Darkside Six
04-16-2007, 02:29 PM
Here are the pregame pictures I took. Notice how everyone is still warm and dry. :D

Hey thanks for getting a pic of me, so is Springfield always like that?

THX
04-16-2007, 02:40 PM
so is Springfield always like that?

Yes Springfield is always that hilly :)

CAR15A2
04-16-2007, 03:02 PM
After all that rain, those hills may have eroded a bit.

Still alive Output, thanks for the concern. I think I will be OK.

Darkside Six
04-16-2007, 03:26 PM
No i ment rainy

output01x
04-16-2007, 03:49 PM
No i ment rainy

Only when it isn't hailing apparently...

:rolleyes:

Hillslam
04-16-2007, 07:53 PM
http://s37.photobucket.com/albums/e99/StrikersHardlock/Airsoft/Black%20Aurora%202/

Miyagi
04-16-2007, 09:49 PM
To all those in the 91st ohio wildcards,
I apologize for the outburst on the ridge in the a.m. mission and in the chat room. You ALL did very well on the ridge and took it to the kalis.
Hope to fight along side you guys again!!!

THX
04-16-2007, 10:55 PM
65 news pics from mission 2 are available on our recon section (http://www.taskforceblackeagle.net)

Oscar
04-16-2007, 11:07 PM
Speaking of apologies, I'd like to apologize for some of my team telling people to fire semi-auto only. It's my fault they thought it was a semi-auto only event; a huge brain fart on my part. I've had a lot on my plate lately, but it's no excuse.

I know that iP and 91st were among the teams we had contact with. Sorry about that guys.

Fat Tony
04-16-2007, 11:31 PM
Just want to say thanks to Black Eagle for putting on such a great event, we had a great time all day despite the weather. Also thanks to Team TAC for stepping up into the leadership position. Thanks to Nextmayor for hanging out and bs'ing with us in the field between scenarios, thanks to other SEALs who were running with S.T.A.T. for a good portion of the day, and thanks to everyone who stuck it out and made the second scenario as fun as it was. And CAR15, I witnessed that fall firsthand and don't blame you one bit for stepping out, hope everything's ok. And lastly thanks from S.T.A.T. to everyone who was there, hope to see you all at BA3.

Aegis
04-17-2007, 02:38 PM
Hey guys, thanks for the great game. It was a blast. It was cold, wet, muddy, and hailed, but it was still a blast, and I thank you all for sitcking it out for as long as you did in spite of the weather.

I had to a help a couple people out, one with mild injury, others escourting their one of their own who was hypothermic and needed help finding the way out. I read of a couple other people here who took some mild injuries as well, and managed to handle things on their own. I myself took a mild injury, but all in all, for the weather that springfield loves to throw at us, I think we escaped in pretty good condition.

It showed good judgement on behalf of the players who choose to exit early, when they saw their companions abilities dwindling, or when they felt their risk versus effectiveness ratio change more toward the negatives, and choose to (smartly) act on this for their safety and the safety of their friends. The terrain there can be treacherous, and the last thing we need to do (and I want to do) is have to coordinate a field medivac because someone pushed themselves further than they should have, for a game, in such hazardous conditions.

So I applaud the people who had the sound judgement to know when they were reaching the point of combat ineffectiveness versus health and safety, and wisely choose to exit before anything bad happened. It is merely the sound judgements of the participants themselves that keep our events moderately free from injury. Murphy will always claim a few victims, but we can mitigate these losses through sound judgement.

It was great to see a lot of you again, even if some of you didn't recognize me. ;) Its nice to see the community again, and to reconnect with old friends while helping to push stuck vans out of the mud. lol.

Hope to see everyone again soon.

gertrude
04-17-2007, 11:19 PM
Gertrude, you annoyed the hell out of me. Watching Big Clips throw you to the ground made my day. My shoulder still hurts from when I fell while running to get to you.

I think I annoyed everybody at the game. At least, everybody I could manage to annoy... :cool:

Big Clips
04-18-2007, 09:34 AM
Hey, you fell from the extreme recoil of that Glock 23f. You are just lucky I was there to help ease the fall.

I would have let her shoot the gypsies, but I guess Jesse Jackson and his rainbow coalition got the better of me this time.

Lu
04-18-2007, 06:58 PM
Hello all, sorry I haven't been able to get my BA2 pics up faster. I've had horrible internet and PC problems sense the event.

Sadly enough, of the 700+ pictures taken during the event, only about 150ish were of decent enough quality do to the crap weather conditions. Water + aerial humidity + a 55MM lense is never a good combination.

As soon as I get them online, I will be sure to post the link on here. Hours at work have been killing me, and BA2 was the only weekend I've had off in over a month.

Sorry for the hold up,
Lu

gertrude
04-19-2007, 09:11 AM
Hey, you fell from the extreme recoil of that Glock 23f. You are just lucky I was there to help ease the fall.

I would have let her shoot the gypsies, but I guess Jesse Jackson and his rainbow coalition got the better of me this time.

... I got two of 'em! You guys just healed them, though.

Iceman
04-19-2007, 11:03 AM
Crazy Lady of the Woods.....

gertrude
04-20-2007, 12:21 PM
I had gone down to AA, just barely making it it in, to get some stuff for the next day.

Call next time before you show up! Listen to your mother! It helps to know if stuff you need is in stock. ;)

Xenos 8
04-21-2007, 01:51 PM
Wow TFMD that sucks man, I take it you are better, and that's good, if not I hope you get better. Its never fun to miss an event because of a unforeseen problem that is out of your control. I understand Lu, when you do get some time I'd love to see the pics.

Lone Gunman
04-22-2007, 12:01 AM
Great game. Had a blast. Thanks to Black Eagle for putting on the event. And ALL HAIL THE GYPSY KING!!! Glaken thanks for heading up the gypsy band. Gertrude great job as the "crazy lady of the woods". Thanks to everyone who showed up and braved the cold nasty weather. Until next time, "Go MAKE BIG SEXY TIME!!!"

Thatfatmacdude
04-22-2007, 12:33 AM
Call next time before you show up! Listen to your mother! It helps to know if stuff you need is in stock. ;)

Yeah ;) Well I figured that the website and the store were the same in terms of what was in stock. That is what I get for assuming (makes an *** out of u and me). I was going through my stuff though and I found the box of Star mags that I couldn't find.

Thanks Xenos.

Lu
04-24-2007, 02:26 PM
Finally got a day off work, here it is:

http://s150.photobucket.com/albums/s100/jtkids17/Black%20Aurora%202/

I apologize now for some shots that have water on the lense, fogging, etc.
The elements made it quite a challenege to shoot in. Out of the 700+ pics taken, only around 180ish were "decent" enough to be put online.

Enjoy.

THX
04-24-2007, 02:43 PM
Great Pictures Lu! Thanks for posting!

Noel911
04-24-2007, 03:21 PM
Great pics, a lot of good ones of the Spartans.

Iceman
04-24-2007, 05:33 PM
http://s150.photobucket.com/albums/s100/jtkids17/Black%20Aurora%202/?action=view&current=DSCF0849-1.jpg

Greatest Picture of all time.

Oscar
04-24-2007, 05:36 PM
I think that sums up 6mm nicely. :P (yes, I'm kidding)

Iceman
04-25-2007, 10:01 AM
I can smell jealousy even over the optical fiber of my companies network. ;)

john
04-25-2007, 02:15 PM
edit: picture taken out: you guys will have to play where's waldo and find it.

Cheating: a good comment:)

Both times (ba1 and ba2) our team(tf216) was able to successfully call an organizer to a specific location to resolve a cheating issue. This is something we have not been able to do at other operations. At ba1 the cheating was even confirmed by a ref who snuck behind the enemy while we pelted them with bbs. (i'll leave names out) I have to say it is likely due to them using roleplayers and other ingame personalities as refs. This should not be perceived as me complaining about cheating. I actually want to commend blackeagle for making the situation better. Cheating will happen, no sense fighting that. But what black eagle has done helps alot.

the picture above shows a guy in the background holding an m4 with a cmag. When i spotted this on the field i was able to get a roleplayer (good ole iceman) to deal with the situation. The guy complied by taking out his cmag and apologized. I know xray still wanted to know either the team or player name. This, i didn't record but funny enough i found his pic in with the others.

anyway hats off to black eagle and the next time someone wants to try and cheat at a black aurora? I'd think twice. this also confirms that taking yourself out of a game to resolve an issue works.

edit: i agree red, so i dropped the picture. the guy was compliant and made us aware that he did not understand the rule. He used reg mags the rest of the day. Before i had seen him with the cmag, we were engaged by him and his comrades. After the fire fight they commended us on our playing as we did theirs. These guys showed great sportsmanship; it was merely a mistake that was worked out on the spot.

Red
04-25-2007, 02:35 PM
I'm in that picture speaking to them, and I'm dumbfounded that I didn't notice the C-mag. I apologize for not catching that. If I would have seen it, I would have tapped him on the shoulder, and avoided the entire situation. That was at the beginning of the game there (within 30 minutes of the start). I believe he was a marine, since he has MARPAT on.

I think it's best though, to leave situations like this up to the organizers and NOT make it public, to possibly humiliate them. It's good to know that cheating isn't tolerated, but it's also a good thing to help save the guy's dignity, even if he did happen to cheat. Unfortunate situations could have opened up to him, and maybe he had no choice but to use a C-mag, and someone from the staff authorized it. It's HIGHLY unlikely, but then again you never know.

BUT, from what it sounds like, everyone was calm and apologized. The AO community continues to keep good sportsmanship up, even though there are some small incidents every now and then.

The BA2 staff were great. Almost every problem was solved or taken care of, and they braved the weather with us so we could play. Props guys!

Lu
04-25-2007, 02:40 PM
Cheating at BA1 ran rampart on both sides. I was glad to see at BA2 as you said, refs were on the prowl. Multiple situations seemed to come up and were easily delt with by the staff. Seems each year there event gets better. Hopefully by BA3 cheating will basically hit the null point.

Glad everyone has enjoyed the pics. Expect to see them from 3-4 more events this season, with better camera equipment on the way.

john
04-25-2007, 05:03 PM
Cheating at BA1 ran rampart on both sides.

Can't agree there.

john
04-26-2007, 07:43 AM
What is it you want me to drop clips? I don't understand. Would you like to share with the rest of the class? Or next time, having as much to hide as you do? I'd use a PM.

H.N.I.C.

India
04-26-2007, 08:43 AM
Drop it or I'm closing the thread.

THX
04-26-2007, 11:03 AM
While digging through the periodical archives at the Kaliningrad Library a librarian found the following newspaper.

http://www.phpbbserver.com/blackeagle/viewtopic.php?p=2955&mforum=blackeagle#2955

Blade
04-26-2007, 11:44 AM
Greeting my comrades!

I know it has been a while since our victory and I should have come up earlier but here I am now!

Kaliningrad is finally back in the hands of who it really belongs to; ITS PEOPLE. your loyalty and passion for your country made the difference in the battle against the capitalist americans and their arrogance provoked their defeat. Who do they think they are to come in our country and try to change it to their image? we are not foul, we are not stupid. All citizens saw what they did to our women and daughters. They even rubbed our workers and forced them to work for their own profit.

From now on and until I die, I swear I will put al my energies into our cause, making sure they will never come back to my country, my town, my people and who ever will be caught supporting them will be punished by death.

Comrades, this country owe you big time. you fought hard despite the bad weather and conditions and you still brought the victory. Be proud of what you did and keep your head high. In fact, perhaps invading the US soil should show them how it should be done muahahahaha.....

note: all joking aside. Great jobs from all players despite the really crappy weather! Sportmanship level was really good too.

Hillslam
04-26-2007, 02:31 PM
I hate it when invaders rub our workers....

output01x
04-26-2007, 10:38 PM
Hey, the rubbing is between us invaders and the workers. What happens in Kalingrad, stays in Kalingrad!

Duo Chan
04-26-2007, 11:37 PM
That news paper was great. Props to Blackeagle for that!

:D I never thought Sidd and I would actually make the paper for accepting, and drinking, all that vodka on duty.

THX
05-02-2007, 08:33 PM
The official Black Aurora 2 prize page has been posted. We wanted to try something a little different with this OP and even extended that to the handing out of prizes. Take a look and let us know what you think. If your callsign is listed for receiving a prize and you havent been contacted please let us know on our forum.

http://www.taskforceblackeagle.net then click on the BA2 AAR and Prize Page picture

Big Clips
05-02-2007, 11:43 PM
Yea, raffles should be raffles.

Spyder2k
05-03-2007, 05:51 AM
The official Black Aurora 2 prize page has been posted. We wanted to try something a little different with this OP and even extended that to the handing out of prizes. Take a look and let us know what you think. If your callsign is listed for receiving a prize and you havent been contacted please let us know on our forum.

http://www.taskforceblackeagle.net then click on the BA2 AAR and Prize Page picture

That was a very cool way of doing things. Perhaps something more event holders should try!!

Sidd
05-03-2007, 06:29 AM
Yea, raffles should be raffles.

I agree with Hi Caps

Raffles should be raffles, that way everyone has an equal chance of winning.

plus raffles are a lot of fun.

otherwise the events will almost become competitions to win the prizes, which is part of what ruined paintball

India
05-03-2007, 07:41 AM
Yep, I hear you. There's no perfect way of introducing prizes. Raffles are unearned success, and earned prizes invite personal greed. That's why we never mentioned it before the game, so it wouldn't become Survivor.

Son of Liberty
05-03-2007, 11:32 AM
I think it was a good idea, a nice switch from Regular Raffles, but Sidd has a good point, it will become more of a competition and yes that is what ruined paintball and I'd hate to see it ruin Airsoft. There is no perfect way for doing raffles, and it's up to the Event Holders which way they want to do it.

Blade
05-03-2007, 11:58 AM
Personnally, and I know most of you disagree with me, raffle should not happen in airsoft as it detract from the main purpose of the event; play airsoft. Sadly, more and more players think that raffe is something that will make their money worth or not. So players don't come for the event itself but for the chance of winning something.

What is wrong with this will you say? The problem is we stop having "interested" players in the field. You start having "who cares about the mission, there are 20 AEGS to win at the end" kind of players.

If I would have to name one organizer that succeed very well into minimizing the raffle is John Lu. Not only can he pull a 600 players without major raffle, he also bring the most dedicated and serious players in the field (fyi: MOUT oriented event are not considered in my example ;) )

CAR15A2
05-03-2007, 06:43 PM
I personally have never gone to an event because it had a raffle, I go for the challenge of the missions. I rarely win anything from raffles anyway (until BA2).

I don't think people ignore the missions at Safari Strike, which is well known for its raffles. In fact, I think the missions are why people travel half way across the country to attend.

We also have a raffle. If sponsors want to give us lots of stuff to give back to the milsim community, what is wrong with that? The sponsors seem to think its worth their while to get good public relations. Its a win-win situation.

As far as how to run a raffle goes, that is up to the event organizers. possible recipiants of free stuff have no say in what is fair or unfair.

India
05-03-2007, 06:51 PM
I think Blade is talking about an extreme situation, but I agree completely with the idea. Raffles are exciting, sure, but if they all went away, I'd be fine with it.

AlphaSix
05-03-2007, 10:36 PM
I think raffles are best left to charities and company picnics..

I go to airsoft events for the enjoyment of airsoft, not for the chance to take home prizes.

Spyder2k
05-04-2007, 07:41 AM
Definitely see everyone's point on the situation. If Events started doin this on a regular basis, the "competition" would surely set in. But nonetheless. I know I drove 4.5-5 hrs. for a great event. Happy to say I wasn't dissapointed!

Titan
05-04-2007, 09:36 PM
The event basically paid for it self with this prize. I would also like to say that, just because you won an award, does not mean that you are better than anyone else. I surely could not have done this without my squad. I know SoL couldn't have protected his HVT without the assistance of the other men around him. Don't think because you didn't get a reward that you suck. Maybe next time you can just volunteer for a leadership position, that way you become a bit more visible.

BTW for those on Black Eagle, check your PMs on your forums more often, I have been awaiting a PM from X-ray for sometime now so if you talk to him, pass on the message

THX
05-18-2007, 11:30 PM
Taskforce Black Eagle's Operation: Black Aurora 2 video is out!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=03bWyyibg6o

output01x
05-19-2007, 10:26 PM
Very good stuff. Manowar is definitely an odd choice for the music, but hey, whatever works :p

BlackHawk97
05-19-2007, 10:37 PM
Is there any way that I can get this video emailed to me so I can use hp image to crop out some pics of me and such? If you could, send it to Blackhawk97_88@hotmail.com . It would be much appreciated. The vid. looks great by the way, especially because I am in it :p .

THX
05-19-2007, 10:56 PM
you can download a better version of it on our recon page at taskforceblackeagle.net

BlackHawk97
05-19-2007, 10:58 PM
ahhh, gotcha, good deal, much appreciated. I am on my way there now, haha. Thanks THX, and looking forward to the next event, had a blast even though I was so, so cold, haha.