PDA

View Full Version : Operation Airsoft 207, Springfield, OH, March 24th, 2007

Evil Head
03-25-2007, 12:20 AM
Thanks again Blade, Glaeken, Mole and "Krazie" I mean Kurow. As always it's a pleasure to play out at Springfield. With the loss of two games in two weeks, it was good to pull something together with such short notice. Good times playing with the Widowmakers, the Chillicothe boys, and the guys in marpat whoes names I didn't get. Nothing made me laugh harder than dodging Red Spetnaz's sniper shot Matrix style. Good game Kurt and Red. See everyone next time.

recon 2185
03-25-2007, 01:18 AM
Thanks Blade, Mole, Glaken and Kurow. My team (Clandestine Ops), which were the 3 guys in the marpat and 2 in woodland Evil Head, had a really good time. The organization of the game was good, which was especially impressive considering the short notice you guys had. Thanks again guys and we will see you all soon.

Blade
03-25-2007, 10:26 AM
Thank you guys for showing today. With such a short notice and the rain possibilities, I was surprised to see that many players :D

Overall, I think everything went smoothly and beside one or two incident of not calling hits, the sportmanship was very good. Players behavior and respect was awesome too.

Being said, www.airsoftevents.com should be running real soon so all the issues with rules not be explained properly will be something from the past. Furthermore, milsim events will start being more frequent..stay tuned on this.

Now one last thing, Springfield events are not Red dragon, Fran bar or any other events. The events are built around the field configuration, as well as the players capabilities. Being said, the rules are also different and can't be compared. If we are stricter about safety rules, it is because we have reasons to be and because safety precautions and rules are needed if we want to help the community and make sure we will be able to use the field for a long time.

Atomic
03-25-2007, 12:26 PM
Great time. I am glad to meet EvilHead in person (although he was the Evil Dead alot /snickers). Also a pleasure to meet Rick and his son, and the rest of the Widowmakers.

I like these smaller games, I think they promote good sportsmanship and are a good influence on players. They are also great for networking.

My apologies to the trio I assassinated from out of bounds. I really didn't know I was out of bounds until you told me, so I pulled my red rag and called myself out.

Blade, next time we do one of these I have a request to move to the other end of the field (the Russian camp). I know it would be a hike, but it is my favorite terrain back there. Just a suggestion to put in your big, French-Canadian, chess-club brain :)

red_spetsnaz
03-25-2007, 11:13 PM
Hey Evil Head, how does your ear feel about that dodged sniper shot:). Though, that was pretty freakin' sweet!

I had a good time, as always. Definitely worth the drive down to play with all of you, again as always.

Those games in the village were outstanding as well.:)

~Red