PDA

View Full Version : OP: Tundra Nov. 11

Kurt Klaus
11-11-2006, 07:01 PM
Well as for me im still cold, I hurt and I hate my batteries even more. Even so it was really great for the half I actually had a gun and slightly dry. Insanity, first sign of hypothermia....

And yes, the Banker and I had a nice time while being captive... ;)

Spades
11-11-2006, 08:06 PM
once again, another great event form the strikers, thanks guys! that very last charge by both sides was the greatest thing i have seen in a long time!!:)

Red
11-11-2006, 09:56 PM
SOL, my back is killing me from using that Saw. I'm not use to carrying that big of a gun, but man was it worth it! The final charge was definitely a TON of fun.

Listening to AC/DC at Kurt's car, bugging the hell out of Spades with it. Ah, good times. Head banging to bohemian rhapsody? 'course. This event was definitely the most amusing I've been too.

Besides busting my *** while falling a couple of times, the event was awesome. Thanks strikers for hosting another great one, despite the craptastic weather!

vbtb110
11-11-2006, 10:24 PM
Thanks to blade for keeping the event on even though it was raining. My sore and cold body thanks you. :)

To all of the Task Force guys, awesome job. We did very good today, and you should be proud.

Rogue guys- you put of one HELL of a fight for being so small. Very nicely done.

I had a lot of fun today, and I hope the rest of you did too.

Now I go sleep in my warm bed.

:)

Son of Liberty
11-11-2006, 11:08 PM
Red, you didn't have to carry it back up that steep, slippery, muddy hill at the end ;) . Yes, I hate my Batteries even more, they charge then die in 2 minutes, I mooched so much ammo/AEGs/Pistols off so many people, thanks to everyone who lent me something today, especially Red. Thanks Strikers for making me come out in the wet cold to play airsoft :D I had sooo much fun. Except for slipping and slamming my nose into the Carry Handle of an M15A4 which left my nose bruised and swollen :(

Red
11-11-2006, 11:11 PM
Originally posted by Son of liberty
Red, you didn't have to carry it back up that steep, slippery, muddy hill at the end ;) . Yes, I hate my Batteries even more, they charge then die in 2 minutes, I mooched so much ammo/AEGs/Pistols off so many people, thanks to everyone who lent me something today, especially Red. Thanks Strikers for making me come out in the wet cold to play airsoft :D I had sooo much fun. Except for slipping and slamming my nose into the Carry Handle of an M15A4 which left my nose bruised and swollen :(

Trueee.....I am GLAD I didn't carry it up that hill.

And no problemo, when you have an officer who needs a ****ty CO2 pistol, gotta give him one! :D

Thanks a lot for letting me use the Saw. it was a great experience. Hopefully the M15 performed well for you.

underthehill09
11-11-2006, 11:37 PM
Gotta hand it to the strikers, this was one of my favorite days. More plot turns than a normal game, and interesting objectives.

Monkeyslap and i Had an amazing point firing downward onto the enemy. And got to see Mr. Kong's amazing sprint toward the barrels out in the open, only to slip and fall, and be shot.... Hilarious.

I have learned a few things though.
-Always bring extra bb's
-It is better to be hot and running, then cold and standing
-Even if you have waterproof boots, your feet can still get wet.
-If you forget to pack a lunch, dont expect to live off of a box of cheese-its
-DO NOT allow monkeyslap to fire his SAW at you at the end of the day, just for his enjoyment....EVER!

Thanks strikers, had a great time fighting alongside you, and against you.

India
11-12-2006, 06:57 AM
I'm very happy to say that I didn't see one single instance of unsportsmanlike conduct. Well...unless you count Kurt's flirting while I was in prison. -shudder-

Hardlock, thank you for the opportunity to lead 3rd squad. To everyone on my squad, you did an outstanding job! I was proud to hear how you continued to function as a unit while I was captive. I'd fight with you guys any time!

Noel911
11-12-2006, 12:17 PM
I had a great time, the charge at the end was awesome, being with the Strikers was even better, the only thing I didn't like was the whole "keep shooting, he doesn't have his rag on" tihng.

HardLock
11-12-2006, 04:22 PM
I had a good time despite being held prisoner for the first 3.5hrs. When game started, the 4 evil TF guards took me 1/2 mile into the West field and tied me to a post in middle of corn field. The brutality was beyond description :eek: Luckily my Rogue warriors were causing a disturbance in TF territory and 3 bodyguards left to engage. I was left alone with the sadistic "Tick" and we moved closer to TF territory.

About an hour prior to the prisoner exchange I tried to make a run for it. Tick has bad knees/hips so I thought I could outrun him. Unfortunately he shot me in the back. I was wounded and was screaming for help, hoping that some Rogue would hear and come to my rescue. Tick's rifle butt to my head stopped the rescue calls and I blacked out. I came to near dirt piles in cornfield with Punisher laughing sinisterly. I was dragged away, arms bound to a bamboo pole. My fate unknown.

I was finally freed in a selfless exchange for my fellow officers. Thank you all. We regrouped and successfully launched a revenge attack on the TF oil refinery. From there, the battle becomes a blur.

Many thanks to my Rogue warriors for gameplay above and beyond the call of duty. Thanks also to the TF for providing us with SO many targets ;)

Until next time.......

output01x
11-12-2006, 04:31 PM
Great time. Fun, cold, difficult, but of course, fun. If it ain't muddy, it ain't milsim!

Strikers: Thanks for putting on a fun event, it was great seeing, bsing, fighting with, and fighting against you guys.
Task Force: You guys were awesome. I got killed a few times by some absolutely incredible shots. Hats off to you all.
Rogue: We fought like hell and did what we could. We were severely outnumbered but kept bringin' the fight to 'em!
Ramrod: Great stuff bro. Killing all those Task Force was both a gutsy and controversial move. It was greatly appreciated.
Decoy: Joking around with you through the entire game was probably the biggest reason this game was fun. Fix bayonets!
Monkey_Slap: Great job with the SAW bro, you really gave it to 'em. When we had you on the hilltop distracting those Task Force, you didn't just distract them, you scared them all away!
To everyone: Great event, lots of fun. Hope to see you all out there again soon!

Son of Liberty
11-12-2006, 06:16 PM
I seriously can't wait for the next one. Red, the M15 performed great, except that instead of me attacking targets with it, the M15 attacked my nose..haha if anyone saw it happen, my nose is purple now. And in case anyone found a few things, my team is missing:
1 Mp5 Magazine
And a Trashbag with 2 pairs of Boots, 2 MARPAT Blouses, and 1 MARPAT trouser.

Thanks to Punisher for throwing 3 handfulls of BBs at me before I left, I could have been mortally wounded.

Iron Maiden
11-12-2006, 06:28 PM
Well considering this was the very first big skirm I have been to all I can say is WOW!!!! I had a complete blast! I am in so much pain and can't move my arm, am thinking about applying ice to parts of my body that I didn't know existed....don't ask....lol.

Thanks to the guys in the 3rd spuad that were willing to put up with me and to our illustrious leader The Banker, sorry bout the capture, but still we carried on.

Most thanks to the strikers for putting this on even in the pouring down rain and to the one that let me borrow his gun....by the way AWESOME gun. I know what I need to pick up for my next skirm now lol. Thanks soooo much!!!

You know with all that mud and water that seemed to find its way onto my person....hmm could've been the countless slips and falls and oh yeah diving for cover lol :D I think I might have to pay Spade for a spa treatment! Don't strain too hard boys its a girl thing! :rolleyes:

Blade
11-12-2006, 06:31 PM
I will get back with my own comments but I just want to say one thing to Son of Liberty: Prepare your cold weather gear because the winter ops are coming!!!

Phil
11-12-2006, 09:09 PM
4 words to describe this event.
Wet
Cold
Sore
Love
:D
great time. next time maybe i'll have an adequate weapon
:p

Captain Jackass
11-12-2006, 09:25 PM
Thanks to the Strikers for another great event. The 86th had a blast! Although I think I need to work out more to get used to carrying barrels and crates and my SAW. At least the weather worked out nice. Also, hats off to the rogue to a well played game.

Keeping our ears open for winter games...?

Red
11-12-2006, 10:06 PM
Ramrod: Great stuff bro. Killing all those Task Force was both a gutsy and controversial move. It was greatly appreciated.

Oh that was BS move! I was SO pissed at that....even if it was funny afterwards. What a total slap in the face. I healed my own officer, and he knife's me! We all thought he was joking, since someone had brought up "I thought the strikers turned on us".

Red, the M15 performed great, except that instead of me attacking targets with it, the M15 attacked my nose..haha if anyone saw it happen, my nose is purple now.

Ouch. My M15 tends to do that to people. It hit my shoulder when I tripped and fell on some randomly placed Barbed wire during this event, I've gotten the stock to the chin, the barrel hit me in the goggles when I took the sling off my shoulder....The damn thing is turning against me!:D

Iron Maiden
11-12-2006, 10:49 PM
This is a little off subject, but I had take a few pics, like about 4 really sorry was a bit busy. The group shot of Rogues 3rd squad came out a little blurry sorry guys but they are posted under the gallery. Just wanted to let the guys know where it would be.

output01x
11-12-2006, 10:52 PM
Originally posted by Red
Oh that was BS move! I was SO pissed at that....even if it was funny afterwards.
Exactly. You can't take these things too seriously. If you do, you lose sight of the fact that what we are playing is a game.

Phil
11-12-2006, 11:15 PM
Originally posted by HardLock
About an hour prior to the prisoner exchange I tried to make a run for it. Tick has bad knees/hips so I thought I could outrun him. Unfortunately he shot me in the back. I was wounded and was screaming for help, hoping that some Rogue would hear and come to my rescue.

I was there when that happened. It made me laugh.
Punisher told my spotter and I to hide close to the trade point in those weeds in case the trade got "fuzzy"

India
11-12-2006, 11:47 PM
Originally posted by HardLock
About an hour prior to the prisoner exchange I tried to make a run for it. Tick has bad knees/hips so I thought I could outrun him. Unfortunately he shot me in the back. I was wounded and was screaming for help, hoping that some Rogue would hear and come to my rescue.

I heard you Hardlock, but I was a prisoner and couldn't do anything to help.

Xenos 8
11-12-2006, 11:56 PM
Great Job Strikers!! Everthing on your end was great, the weather is out of you control which wasn't so bad personally till I ran upstream in the river to save our CO before getting shot, lol.

Big Clips way to keep moving after sinking in that seemingly 3in. but actually 3 ft. pit, lol.

The only bad thing was getting pasted while screaming hit, becuase "He doesn't have his Red rag." That was pretty uncool, especially when their excuse was, "Well I got shot a bunch of times in the back of the head by an M249 earlier" which doesn't make it right. Seriously don't full auto tell they put on their red rag, burst listen then burst again. I think I may have let a few bad words slip in the moment and I apoligize just my nose was pretty sore.

You feeling any better Kurt? You looked really cold man.

Hillslam
11-13-2006, 08:40 AM
Wet and sloppy day. Hope everyone enjoyed it. I hope Blade remembers not to flauntingly walk alone across an open field in front of the enemy next time....

Best part of the day: getting the call on the radio that a ceasefire had been called for the prisoner exchange, and not five minutes later getting ambushed from both sides of a ravine. Must have been like shooting fish in a barrel. Too bad we were the fish...

My lesson of the day: Never trust the Taskforce.

(Or rather, never trust radio comms at Springfield)

RADAR III
11-13-2006, 08:56 AM
I had a great time at this event, despite running outta ammo halfway through the game and losing all sense of purpose..... Oh yeah and in the words of a TF medic "I've touched way to many men today....."
I must have healed over 100 TF members.....
Seriously though, great time, best parts of the day were- hiding on top of a ridge, and watching a squad of Rogue players pass through my sights while waiting for our number 2 squad to get in a flanking position, and then opening up on those poor helpless Rogue's.
Second best part of the day- grabbing SOL's SAW from Red, and mowing down 10 enemy players during the final charge :D that experiance just made my day..... BTW thanks for letting me borrow the green gas SOL

The Tick
11-13-2006, 01:06 PM
I was left alone with the sadistic "Tick"

Hardlock would have you believe that he was tortured by me. He conveniently forgets to mention that I kept the others from burning him at the stake! I even untied him from the post and allowed him to walk around in the cover of the tall grass to avoid hypothermia. And how did he repay me? He took every opportunity to signal his forces. Yes I did introduce him to the butt of my rifle more than once but he deserved it. And when he did attempt escape I only wounded him. I don't know if he would have fared as well if I had let him continue given that in his bewildered state he was running towards the Task Force base!!!!

Red
11-13-2006, 01:09 PM
Originally posted by Big Clips
Yea, that seriously blew. But I have had worse. I still didnt touch the bottom. Im surprised how well that flotation material in the ISSAK really works. I was bobing up and down before I pulled myself out.

We did come across another similar hole later in the day that had to be close to the one I fell into. But this one wasnt filled with water. It had to be at least 6 ft deep.

Anyways, good game, had a good time.

Nice playing with the guys in my crew, you guys pulled your weight all day, good work.

I fell into one of those 6 ft deep muck pits at Cobra. That does indeed bite, but it's hilarious. "SH**, SH**, what the f**k!? GET ME OUT!"

Oh, and Radar...I feel your pain, sort of. I probably healed around...40 or so. I'm never healing Kurt again, after seeing and hearing some of the stuff he's done.

It was PRICELESS to watch those guys in the ravine get mowed down. That had to suck for those guys!

Big Clips
11-13-2006, 01:24 PM
Originally posted by Red
I fell into one of those 6 ft deep muck pits at Cobra.

But was it full of water?

Red
11-13-2006, 01:35 PM
Water, sh*t, mud, etc.

They looked like they were just puddles of water maybe a few inches deep, out in the north-eastern part of the open field. They had sticks and logs floating on the top, so I assumed....Oh, just a teeny puddle. Some of my squad members still taunt me for walking into that...sigh. :D

Kurt Klaus
11-13-2006, 02:38 PM
Originally posted by Red
I'm never healing Kurt again, after seeing and hearing some of the stuff he's done.

May I ask what I have done? Way its worded...

Red
11-13-2006, 02:59 PM
Oh, whoops..

Didn't mean for it to sound negative. I'm just joking around.

You know, beginning briefing...Rat's gun....Need I say more? :p

Sorry, Kurt. I should've worded it a little better, or put a smiley in there someplace..

Tanker671
11-13-2006, 04:07 PM
yes blade and strikers that was the best ive been to in a long while I was not their for the last charge but my freind was and he said it was the best battle I just got too tired but my favorite one was where task force was in the feild near the cornfields and we spotted the enemies and we charged each other that was the best battle ever while playing airsoft and strikers the next event put more objectives in the field so we can have more of those battles because they were fun. and also to rogue fighters you did very well for being so outnumbered. thanks I had a blast. :D

Spades
11-13-2006, 04:10 PM
yeah kurt, you went a bit crazy there after you took a swim through that creek!! and you running around with a springer pistol and making what seemed to be suicide runs, was pretty funny to watch!!:D and i think you may still have one of my batteries.
oh and yeah Hillslam, sorry about the whole ravine thing. ramrod told me to take my squad around behind you guys, then you moved into the ravine. i didn't know there was an exchange, or cease fire going on!

output01x
11-13-2006, 04:36 PM
Originally posted by Xenos 8
Big Clips way to keep moving after sinking in that seemingly 3in. but actually 3 ft. pit, lol.
Yes, that was truly great. Watching Big Clips fall in like a pile of bricks and two of the Xenos guys looking on with absolute horror on their faces while i was shedding tears of laughter. Seriously Big Clips, after seeing that terrain at Blind Fury 3, one would think you would know to be a little more careful. Falling down cliffs, going waste deep into pits... I seriously doubt that you can find some worse way to hurt yourself the next time you're at Springfield.

:rolleyes:

Captain Jackass
11-13-2006, 07:15 PM
Xenos 8 : "The only bad thing was getting pasted while screaming hit, becuase "He doesn't have his Red rag." That was pretty uncool, especially when their excuse was, "Well I got shot a bunch of times in the back of the head by an M249 earlier" which doesn't make it right. Seriously don't full auto tell they put on their red rag, burst listen then burst again. I think I may have let a few bad words slip in the moment and I apoligize just my nose was pretty sore."

That was me and I apologize for that. To clairify, my buddie was the one who got lit in the head by a rogue saw para after we were laying on our backs, rags in place, and not moving for at least a minute when I heard my buddie scream and turned to see a large number of bb's bouncing off his head. He continued to fire as we screamed as well, at least a good 3 sec burst. Not that it makes it right what him or I did but just saying it happend on both sides. Also, when i did that burst I just came up to the creek area and watched two of my guys get hit. I looked down stream and saw a rogue standing, black helmet and shoulders visible with no red rag. I honestly did not hear anything but my gun is loud. I will try to keep your advice in mind on burst, listen, burst but too many times i have hesitated before while firing around people I was unsure of being dead or not and recived chipped teeth and bleeding face wounds for my mercy. There was no intentional " keep firing tell he puts his rag on " as described before. Hope this clears it up some and sorry for your nose.

Hillslam
11-13-2006, 08:03 PM
We've all been lit up while dead. All of us.

I honestly beleive nobody shoots a red rag wearer on purpose but people need to keep in mind that as a dead body you *are* going to receive fire. Red rag or no.

You cannot see a red rag from every angle.
You cannot always see red rags thru foliage.
You cannot always hear people call hit.
You might have a medic behind that corpse.
You might have a live target near that corpse.
You might just have come upon the group and don't know they've been there for 4 minutes...
etc

So corpse: Wave your red rag, move out of the line of fire, cover your tender parts. Do what you must - nobody will begrudge a "dead body" common sense actions like that.

You just cannot let a thing like taking fire while dead make you lose your temper or seek some kind of payback on other players later.
If so, you're playing the wrong game.

But - if you keep in your head that the other guy very likely wasn't shooting you just to be a jackass, you'll enjoy it much more. Because 99.9% of the time its true. Sure, not everyone will yell back an apology when you let them know you're dead (yelling something colorful at them), in fact many will yell back. Its a kneejerk reaction though.

Just try to bear in mind they didn't mean to cause you injury or insult in the first place. Just like when you light up some poor chap's head laying behind the bush...

/gets off soapbox

That said - I thought everybody played great Saturday. I know of no other sport that needs fewer referee calls per hour of play than airsoft. Its a pleasure to play with the type of people that do this sport.

Big Clips
11-13-2006, 09:55 PM
Originally posted by output01x
I seriously doubt that you can find some worse way to hurt yourself the next time you're at Springfield.

Where there is a will.....

HardLock
11-13-2006, 10:28 PM
Regarding the waist deep "puddles" - The ATV's out there constantly change the terrain, so you have to be a bit skeptical about something that looks innocent. While constructing some of the buildings out there last Spring, I saw one such "puddle" swallow an entire quad with rider. MUCH deeper than it looked. I hope that wasn't the one you guys fell into. :eek:

Xenos 8
11-13-2006, 11:45 PM
Big Clips it did seem like you'd need a backhoe to make that hole lol. Then after when we saw the barely noticable caution tape it was funny seeing that crappy warning.

Captain Jackass don't worry about it I can tell you had no mal-intent and I know what you mean about hesitation. Pointing your gun at someone finger on the trigger mentally debating whether they are dead or just not moving then later being killed by them, sux lol.

India
11-14-2006, 12:44 AM
Originally posted by Hillslam
I honestly beleive nobody shoots a red rag wearer on purpose but people need to keep in mind that as a dead body you *are* going to receive fire. Red rag or no.

Exactly. I got hit several times while I had my red rag on, including one to the side of the face, but I never, for a moment, thought someone was intentionally targetting me knowing that I had my red rag on. There are a million reasons I could have been hit, so why assume the worst?

India
11-14-2006, 09:49 AM
Pepe and Decoy, sorry for the lack of communication. I think the rain messed up my radio. I could receive just fine, but not transmit.

HardLock
11-14-2006, 07:11 PM
Banker, I hope your radio is OK. My Motorola HT1250 did same thing after I played in rain with it once. Turned out to be corrosion on circuit board from water damage. They wanted $510 to fix a $600 radio. It was BS!

Ramrod
11-14-2006, 08:39 PM
sorry Task Force members for the "controversial" move, Ramrod felt bad afterwards if it makes u guys feel any better, Ramrod saw an opportunity and he took it! You have to watch out for Ramrod for he is a trickster and for some reason talks in third person today:D

Red
11-14-2006, 08:41 PM
I knew we shoulda jumped you in the parking lot....:p :D

RADAR III
11-15-2006, 10:44 AM
I lost two MP5 mags, they were Star low-caps. I'd appreciate it if you Strikers could keep an eye out for them while on the field. Thanks

Iron Maiden
11-15-2006, 01:18 PM

Iron Maiden
11-15-2006, 01:19 PM
You know ramrod talking about yourself in the third person is actually one of the first signs of schizophrenia.....just a little fyi.....lol

Ramrod
11-15-2006, 06:09 PM
or the first signs of GENIUS!!!

Son of Liberty
11-15-2006, 06:42 PM
Son of Liberty is intrigued by Ramrod's Third Person speaking, Son of Liberty actually wants to try it out. Son of Liberty has also lost one Classic Army Mp5 Hi Capacity Magazine. Son of Liberty would greatly appreciate it if it was found. :)

India
11-15-2006, 06:53 PM
Do you guys have any idea of the anger that third-person speaking generates? I've seen forums descend into total chaos because of one troll speaking in third person.

Iron Maiden
11-15-2006, 08:15 PM
Hmm Speaking in third person and NOW is believing he is genius....uhm you know now we can say your schizo with delusions of grandeur! lol

Tanker671
11-15-2006, 09:40 PM
ramrod i wanted to turn around after respawn and run after the whole rogue force and light you up just becuase thats not how I wanted my first death to go and it seems that that death started a lot of deaths for me. me and the Ace of Diamonds were very mad when you shot us in the back. but its all good it was fun

Ramrod
11-15-2006, 10:12 PM
Many a deaths come from Ramrod! Ramrod is a very talented warrior and will stop at nothing to complete his objectives! Ramrod directed two squads that day to save his CO and capture a squad leader of the other force at the same time! Strategic thinking is ALL that Ramrod is thinking!