PDA

View Full Version : OP Sunday Justice

andrewtheafro
08-20-2006, 05:03 PM
one sweet game, my thanks goes out to Red Dragon and Airsoft Arms for putting out yet another great game.

Im working on getting pictures up, but with my internet the connection keeps on getting reset and I dont know if photobucket likes me.

Violator
08-20-2006, 05:56 PM
I saw alot of great play by the young guys at this event.

I was 'frozen/mercy ruled' twice by players - which is great! I'm encouraged that the young guys have taken up the rules so well. They are being smart about the trigger and thats what we need in this game. Very motivating guys - keep it up!

Always good to see Link, Darkstar, and Nicktick. Had fun playing with you guys as always. I wish I could get out to more games, been so busy lately. Great game, hope there are more to come.

NickTick
08-20-2006, 08:42 PM
Overall it was a great day. I know it was a good day cause as soon as I took my shower i was out like a light. And I agree with Violator, it was good to see that amount of trigger control. I think the best part of the day was when the blue team was holding the new base and myself Darkstar and Link where on the far left and I surrender 5 guys without ever firing a shot. Although the rest of there squad surrender me right after that I highly apperciate no one opening up and firing cause we where in a tight situation it would of gotten hairy real quick. I like to thank Darkstar and Gary from Red Dragon for a great event. It was a good day and it was also good to see everyone enjoying there day. I presonality didnt see any problems or cheating nor did i hear about any. Looking forward to the next one. Also a special message to the 91st it was nice to see you guys again.

Peace

Spades
08-20-2006, 09:14 PM
i had a good time, and i want to think red dragon paintball and everyone who was involved in organizing the event. we might have gained a few new allies and maybe even a few new team members at the event!! i would like to make a suggestion for next time, however. next time have some judges patrolling the field. i have to say, i saw a lot of people on the blue team not calling their hits, and i am sure it was the same on the red team. i have to state this small incidence that happened.

i was about 15 feet or so away from a sniper, and i shot him about ten times. he didn't call it. i thought, well ok, it didn't hit him, so i open up and shot with about a quarter of a high cap on him, i see the bb's bouncing off of him, he still didn't call it. in fact, he popped up and shot me the head(which i have to say was actually pretty impressive). i call my hit(even though i had every right to ignore the hit from a dead man) but then some one else on my team shot the same person with about three standards, and he called it just after that. so it took probably well over 60 rounds for this person to call their hit. if you read this you know who you are.

vbtb110
08-21-2006, 06:41 AM
Why didnt you call the hit from the sniper in the first place?

Titan
08-21-2006, 07:50 AM
What a great day it was, I got to tes out my fleacktarn and G36c in true combat for the first time. The first elimination game we played I went commando (its only fitting), just as i was about to come up behind the enemy Nicktick called me out with the surrender rule. But that was only the start. The new bases were great. The new toys were cool, i will post pics as soon as i find out from darkstar if he's ok with it. There were some new faces there so that made it interesting. We ran two downed pilot senarios, the first the blue team, finished it within a minute or two. The second one took way more time. We couldn't find him at first and once we did, we took a long way back because we knew it was secure. I joined up with the team taking the pilot back to base. As i pulled the pilot away from the squad as they laid cover fire towards the red base, my battery died, so it was me and the pilot, who only had 28 shots with a GBB,. As we went back on the trails, we picked up more and more guys as we walked back to our base. It was a great team effort, and i loved it. It was an overal great day, thanks to Craig, I bought a foregrip for my G36c. Also Thanks to all who attened for making it more fun, thanks to Red Dragon for letting us play there, and also thanks to the red team for letting us shoot you.

Titan

Spades
08-21-2006, 11:39 AM
vbtb110 "Why didn't you call the hit from the sniper in the first place?"

do you mean, why DID i call the hit from the sniper?? i called the hit from the sniper because i play honorably, if i get hit i call my hits, no matter what!!! it seems many other players don't feel the same way about playing airsoft though, unfortunately. if you were trying to say that the sniper hit me first then that would be way wrong. i was in the brush, unable to be seen at all by the blue team and then i saw the sniper run up into the brush about 15 feet or so away. i hit him many times first, so yeah, theres that! and it was because of the fact that no one called their hits, that the 91st left a bit earlier. .

vbtb110
08-21-2006, 02:35 PM
Did you shoot him after you called your hit from him, or you shot him right after he shot you, then called the hit? Because dead men cant shoot back...

Oh well, things often get confused in text. The way you said it sounded like "He shot me, then I shot him about 15 times"

RedStorm86
08-21-2006, 03:43 PM
Glad I went out. deffinately a fun game and a fun field. I didn't see too much cheating but I did notice there was at least one person throughout the day on the blue team that liked to call other player's hits for them...gets a little annoying when the guy doesn't hit you.

side note -- I don't know about everyone else but spade's first post was pretty clear to me.

Spades
08-21-2006, 03:52 PM
no see, you don't get it. i shot him well before he even knew i was there. i shot him with half a high cap mag, he didn't call it. he popped up and shot me, i called the hit, even though i should have ignored the hit, because he was dead, he just never called it.as i left he shot me like three or four other times after yelling i was out. then one of my teammates unloaded three standards into him, and he called himself out after that. DO YOU GET IT NOW?
just to clarify it, i shot him, he was dead but didn't call it, he shot me, i called myself out, i started walking away and he shot me three or four other time and i yelled out "STOP SHOOTING ME I'M OUT, WHY Don't YOU CALL YOUR HITS NEXT TIME" with a few choice curse words in there. and then a team mate shot him many times and he then called it.
he cheated, not me. don't try and pin it on me at all please. i called my hits from a dead man. i play the right way. i do cheat like some people do, it takes one hit for me to call myself out, not 50 like this sniper kid did. i guess he thought that snipers are invincable or something. i am sorry for being angry, but this is really frustrating to me. and thank you redstorm!!!

NickTick
08-21-2006, 08:49 PM
Okay what ever. We can drop the damn subject. Someone cheated whoopie freaking doo. It happens every game you go to. If you have a problem with it confront them in a nice manner on the field. Not bringing it to the forums. Honestly I and many others dont care. Ive been playing long enough to know that people cheat and it is going to happen. All you can do is know that you play honorably. Other then that there isn't much you can do. So lets drop it here and move on to other things. Like when another Red Dragon game is going to be.

Peace

Violator
08-21-2006, 09:29 PM
1 person cheating out of 50 isn't bad. I didn't see any cheating myself. I had a few shots come near me that probably looked like they hit me. At one point some guy in the woods across the creek shot at me and the bb stream actually passed through my legs...I have no idea how that happened. I got hit shortly after by the same guy, but I was out in the open the whole time.

Darkstar
08-21-2006, 09:37 PM
Guys, Guys!

We all know that airsoft is a game about honesty and integrity. Let's not let this break down into a thread about "he said, she said". Getting out and playing airsoft is about having fun, not stressing out because someone may or may not have been calling their hits.

I have never been to a game, nor have I ever heard of a game, where someone didn't think someone else had cheated in some form or another. Instead of cursing and carrying on, it is usually better to discuss it with the person, or get a ref or a host to resolve the situation.

There have been times where I have shot at someone that I swore I hit but I had not, and there have been times people have shot at me and missed and swore up and down they've hit me as well. Since airsoft is a game about honor, we usually have to take people at face value, but there are usually people who show a trend over time and I have dealt with people that I've had problems with before too.

If it comes down to better explaination of rules, then that falls on me. I think that for the most part, common sense rules that when you get hit, you're out. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to realize this. There are some people who cheat on purpose and others who don't realize that they honestly got hit. This goes back to an old discussion/argument that occurred here a year or two ago and nothing ever came out of it, other than to realize that this is a problem with airsoft, and will always be as long as airsoft progresses with the same technology.

Darkstar out.

TunnelRat294
08-21-2006, 09:39 PM
ahmen darkstar, thats is all so true

OSUDamian
08-22-2006, 04:04 AM
In light of the subject being dropped, I won't go on to discuss my bad experience with cheaters at the event. Instead I'll let that fall on the fact that we had a lot of young and new players in the field.

I would like to say that it was hard for me to have fun at this event because the scenarios had a real *aintsoft feel to them.

Elimination with respawn? I don't want any heat for this, it's just my opinion.

Black hawk down game where 90% of the scenario was supposed to be played if the "bad guys" caught the pilot to go interrogate him and extract him...it seemed somehow biased by the "good guys" who were able to find the pilot in a minute.
Should have put the pilot closer to the "bad guys" if most the game was set on them getting him.

The "assult the fort" game was incredibly one sided for the team in the fort. IMPOSSIBLE for the attacking team. When both teams did this game it was a one-way-slaughter.

Please take this as constructive criticism for the next game.

In my opinion, having refs walk the field will inmensly reduce cheating, early spawning, and early starts.

Darkstar I heard you talking about he hard work you put into the trails, they looked great. Unfortunately, everything on that back field that wasn't a trail was un-passable and dense thornbush...ouch.

I know that this all sounds negative and I apologyze for that. Things tend to sound a lot worse in writing than when you hear the sincerity in someone's voice. I woudl like to point out that my roomate came out to play airsoft for the first time and he had a blast. So thanks for that.

If you took SR-68 you must have seen the overhanging tree-pig...that was awsome.

Darkstar
08-22-2006, 05:56 AM
The overhanging tree-pig? Do I even want to know??? lol

I do appreciate the constructive critizism. That's what the feedback is here for. I hope that next year we'll be able to trim those bushes back a bit more and open up some more smaller trails.

As far as the first downed pilot scenario, the blue team basically ran their butts off and got to the pilot within the first two minutes of the game. When I ran the scenario the second time, the pilot was well within red's territory, but you guys walked past time uncounted times and didn't bother to do any real searching. Eventually the blue team came through and found him and extracted him and won the scenario. Kudo's to them because I though red had a much fairer chance in that game.

Darkstar out.

vbtb110
08-22-2006, 06:39 AM
So when are we gonna see pics guys, huh? :)

TunnelRat294
08-22-2006, 11:59 AM
yeah i look forward to seeing that video you were shooting.

Titan
08-22-2006, 06:19 PM
i have somne pre game pics and very limited video guns+camera= combat camera man, Combat camera man has a dificult time filimg fire fights when he forgets his sling and always gets called up to do work, darn it! So next time I will have a gun cam setup, i would have this time but i didnt have a rig setup. SO i will post what limited video i have ASAP

Darkstar
08-22-2006, 08:07 PM
I threw something together with the small amount of footage I recorded. I hope you guys like it. The original is filmed in HD 1080i, so if you have a Mini HDV player or camera, get me a tape and I'll copy it for you, or I cn make a DVD also. For now I'm uploading it on YouTube. I think the aspect ratio is off so I might redo it, but here it is for now:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lD9E26SwaOg

Enjoy!

Darkstar out.

NickTick
08-22-2006, 08:19 PM
Not bad Darkstar. To bad we were to fast for ya the first down pilot mission or that would of been some great footage of us rushing straight at you. I cant wait for the next Red Dragon game.

D-Boy
08-22-2006, 10:16 PM
Nick, I think phalanx is going to try to come up to the next game. Atleast Brandon and I.

NickTick
08-22-2006, 10:18 PM
Cool man. Keep me updated. Its been awhile since ive played with you guys.

peace

Titan
08-23-2006, 06:42 AM
i still want to kno were the spartans were

TunnelRat294
08-23-2006, 02:58 PM
well i was talking to son of liberty before the event and he said he might not be able to go because he couldn't get a ride. i don't think he wanted to miss it.

vbtb110
08-23-2006, 03:00 PM
Dont worry, were all still here ;) , were just taking a little break in the action because of football, marching band, and all of that stuff. Dont worry, we will be attending events here very soon.

PredHunter
08-24-2006, 12:29 AM
In the 2nd downed pilot I froze 10 people in less than 3 mins it was awsome and I cant wait till the next event.

PS how did things go at the store Darkstar, hope nothing bad..............later

TSMOKE
08-24-2006, 11:14 AM
I suck at Airsoft!!

Titan
08-25-2006, 08:30 PM
aww dont go there i play football and thats what i did all week before airsoft saturday morning after our scrimage we had films and lifting so no excuses

andrewtheafro
08-26-2006, 09:59 PM
hey darkstar, was it just me or did you completely miss that guy standing on the edge of the road? I was thinking "is he on our team, I better point him out, instead of just opening fire."

krm
08-27-2006, 08:41 AM
Looks like a great time. :)

But, did anyone catch this part of the video? Good way to lose an eye, buddy. At least the kid's smart enough to not follow his example. :(

http://img219.imageshack.us/my.php?image=wtfag1.jpg

Hopefully I don't have to work for the next op.

Titan
08-27-2006, 09:45 AM
well while our experianced members need to set an example, i must say it was in a back zone and i had my googles off back there at one point to clean them

Darkstar
08-27-2006, 02:08 PM
Originally posted by krm
But, did anyone catch this part of the video? Good way to lose an eye, buddy. At least the kid's smart enough to not follow his example. :(

http://img219.imageshack.us/my.php?image=wtfag1.jpg

Actually, he has shooting glasses that he was wearing, and just had the goggles over his hat, so he was wearing eye protection. From that angle though, it does look like he's not. Here is a screen grab:

http://www.airsoftohio.com/gallery/albums/userpics/10119/kraig.jpg

I hope that helps clear up some misunderstandings.

Darkstar out.

krm
08-27-2006, 05:37 PM
Sure does -- thanks. :)

I work with a guy that has a glass eye from a bb gun accident as a kid, so it hit a nerve, is all. :cool:

Thanks for the clarification. :)

Violator
08-27-2006, 06:24 PM
That film/shot was also taken while we were waiting to start the game, not during the game ;).

Good catch though.

Titan
08-27-2006, 07:12 PM
well that was during the game only the red team was filmed before it started