PDA

View Full Version : July 29th at Xtreme, Xenia

vbtb110
07-29-2006, 03:32 PM
Well tofay was very fun. Id like to thank Kurt for hosting, and for all the people that came! I personally liked the battle for the bus, and the flag battles near the end of the day. Too bad we were rejected on our wish to play revolutionary style, but theres always next time!

Any comments you guys?

Shogun
07-29-2006, 03:48 PM
I had fun as well. That had to be the narrowest field I've ever played on. It was interesting.
For the most part, everyone called their hits as I could see.
In the bus battles, we never really clearly established that the two teams to the side of the center team were on the same team, so there was a lot of friendly fire. Not like it really mattered though, as all we had to do was walk about 20 feet backwards and respawn.

Phil
07-29-2006, 04:54 PM
field was too thin, but it was utilized well
my overview
had fun
killed
was killed
gave SOL a hug
3/5 stars

Noel911
07-29-2006, 06:11 PM
thank you kurt for hosting. i hope to attend your next event (when ever that may be). i got my first freindly kill but wat ever. i mean who hasn't had 1 freindly kill? hm?hm? lol overall i had a fun day. a bit to narrow for my liking tho. oh and i got a major tan on my arms and thats it so now my arms are like 5 times darker than the rest of my boddy lol.

P.S. i want to see pics. STAT!

Shogun
07-29-2006, 06:40 PM
Actually, I've never killed a friendly. :p

Son of Liberty
07-29-2006, 06:56 PM
Hugged Phil, haha. Saw Blackhawk's Mk46 and held it. That was great, my G36C actually lasted the whole day on 1 battery, and I didn't even use 250 bbs. I loved the last flag battle, under my command we dominated. I really wanted to play Civil War style, that would've been fun. Today was great, I had a blast. Thanks to Kurt for hosting (Next time, bring another Battery Kurt!) I was an unarmed Medic and someone decided to shoot me, oh well. I had a lot of fun, the narrow, small field was an interesting change for once, I actually liked it. No flanking, just straight forward firefights. Just wish I had my M24 and Ghillie, that would've made things a lot easier and hotter. Thanks to Francois for some Combat Depot goodies, Thanks to Punisher just for being Punisher, and shooting me in the leg again. Thanks to everyone for making me have a good day :D

BlackHawk97
07-29-2006, 08:40 PM
(yawns and stretches) Good day, had a blast, just woke up, so that must mean something, haha. Narrow field, but strait forward firefights, and intense ones to. Got to put some plasticy death downrange with my new baby, so that is always nice. Thank you kurt for a good time, and next time we ARE playing revolutionary war. Oh, I got a few pics, I have to rummage through my stuff and get them up though, so it will probably be tomorrow afternoon when I get off of work. Again, thank you to all who came out, it was a blast, punisher and blade, it was a pleasure as always, and I will send blade the pics of the camo later this evening or tomorrow, and thank you kurt for setting it up.

Oh, and son, if you fill my phone with "buy my grenade launcher" messages, I won't buy it, and I will roshambo you . :p

On that, I am going back to bed.

*edit*

Pics are up, I didn't get a ton, the game was over to quickly ;) , but I think kurt got a few to.

http://s46.photobucket.com/albums/f121/Black97Hawk/Op%20X/

BLACK SE7EN
07-30-2006, 07:21 AM
Yes, good event. Kurt nice job putting it together and running it by your self. It was a good time and the straight up firefights were good target pratice. The only thing i forgot to do was take a soviner bunny head from the first bunker, maybe they will take the bunny's to the new feild. So now all you have to do is host the first game there, I think people will come out better than this game.

kwjdklf
07-30-2006, 09:46 AM
Good Event Kurt. Thanks for putting it up and making sure the time between scearios was short. The field was small but you said their new field is much bigger so I am looking forward to that.

Noel911
07-30-2006, 10:56 AM
http://s46.photobucket.com/albums/f121/Black97Hawk/Op%20X/?action=view&current=HPIM0597.jpg&refPage=&imgAnch=imgAnch1
that was a realy good pic of me

Atomic
07-30-2006, 11:04 PM
Thanks alot, Kurt for putting this together and keeping it running smoothly. Our whole group from Chillicothe had a blast. Thanks also to the photographer who got a couple pictures of me that I can keep.

The field made for some pretty interesting games. The fights were straight on with no flanks to worry about.

I do want to throw out a couple comments on things that I saw. I have always thought that an age limit of 16 or 20 was unfair, since my 13 y/o nephew cannot play in most games. After this game, I see why: a handful of yo-yos spoil it for everyone else.

There were multiple complaints of players taking their goggles off on the field. I saw someone firing a pistol across the parking lot where people were walking in and out of cars. I came out of the woods, took my goggles off, and about got blasted in the head by someone, again, firing in the safe-area. Those rules are there for a reason, people's safety. They aren't suggestions, they are the rules. Kudos to Kurt for enforcing them strictly.

Hats off to all of you younger players who played honorably and safely. I look forward to seeing you again in the future.

BLACK SE7EN
08-02-2006, 08:53 AM
Kurt I saw you takeing pictures the first game, where are they?

Blade
08-02-2006, 09:28 AM
Thanks Kurt for putting up a nice and relax event, In my case, it definitely gave me a break :p . despite the numerous times where we saw or *****ed at players for not keeping their goggles on in the field, you worked hard to remind them over and over about it instead of just giving up.

The overall player honesty was also very good and dangerous aims/shots were kept to the minimum.

Kurt, keep going that direction and keep emphasizing on safety and you are actually on a very good path for success and safe events.

Kurt Klaus
08-02-2006, 10:22 AM
I am having problems with uploading the pics. Hopefully I can get them on sometime this week.

Thanks all of you for your support and hope to get a larger/better field next time.

Oddjob
08-02-2006, 03:32 PM
Relax Kurt, the field was fun and it was nice of you to go to all of the effort to put together a whole day of airsoft for us. It was good to meet the people from the forum.

X Noel you take abuse like a champ and make an excellent point man.

Noel911
08-04-2006, 07:44 PM
Originally posted by Oddjob

X Noel you take abuse like a champ and make an excellent point man.

Shogun
08-04-2006, 08:01 PM
Yeah, you were taking quite a bit of abuse from some of those guys. I kinda felt sorry for ya. Just keep on keepin' on, man.

Kurt Klaus
08-05-2006, 11:46 AM
Here are the pics... most of them were really bad and deleted them.

http://s80.photobucket.com/albums/j186/KurtKlaus/Airsoft/Xtreme/

Noel911
08-05-2006, 03:05 PM
nice pics kurt.

BLACK SE7EN
08-05-2006, 10:44 PM
Nice, make's me feel like a movie star.

Col.Mustard
08-07-2006, 11:54 AM
Jolly good show old man, other than there was no time set aside for after lunch tea :P.