PDA

View Full Version : full- throttle 2

Dead_Pool
05-20-2006, 10:15 PM
the event was pretty fun, and had a good turn out. the zombie house game was a cluster ****= my only complaint.

will there be a FT3?

Sixes
05-20-2006, 10:38 PM
i had a very good time also. over all fun day. there was a slight mishap with a smoke grenade, but it was settled quickly and maturely.

necronomicon
05-20-2006, 11:24 PM
Great game guys. Nice turnout, and just fun overall. I, too, didn't care for the killhouse game, but I can see how others might enjoy it so I don't consider it much of a complaint.

I did notice a LOT of players not calling their hits though. I know, I know, it does no good to complain after the fact.In fact, it doesn't really anger me as much as it used to. But - I witnessed SEVERAL times first-hand of people FLINCHING from being shot and still, not calling themselves out. Come on guys, call it when you get shot. Nobody is a superman, no need to have an ego or dishonest attitude about it.

Despite that, I had a really good time today. It was great meeting some more players I hadn't gotten a chance to meet up with before I moved. I was VERY surprised at the turnout of players. Despite a couple of those moments, I had a lot of fun. Good game guys, lets make the next one even better.

Bruscomusco
05-21-2006, 08:24 AM
Ahh, so many russians! lol, that first game we played, the SF was so outnumbered, I heard the Russians had about 31 and someone had said they joined with the rebels too! Even though we were out number 18 to about 50 I think we did good. The elimination round was pretty fun also. In the end there was about 6 players in total in a sort of stale mate around this hut. So yeah I had a fun time, thanks phil for putting this together. Also thanks to James for taking the time to totally take apart my gun and fix it.

Phil
05-21-2006, 08:33 AM
As the event orgainzer i was absolutely amazed at this event, about 20 more people showed up than had pre-registered. and alot of good guys showed up, I'd like to think that i'd made a few friends yesterday, and it was nice to meet some internet aqquaintances.
There were alot of young players, and that's what i liked. it seems that young players are barred from event like these because f age restrictions, but i feel that these young players are the future of airsoft and we should show them how it's done out there and set positive examples.
The killhouse was indeed very distrought and i'll take the blame for that one, it seems i explained the killhouse poorly to those players who didn't know.
Over all the actual OP: redcoat scenario ran infinitely better the expected the first time through, second time not so much. we had a small incident with a smoke grenade, and some hot guns in the tunnels but was handled very professionally by Ed, son of liberty's grand father.
overal the biggest flaws were people shooting the already deadand people not calling shots. but they seemed to do this much better when predator and I stepped in as referees.
I'd like to thank everyone for coming out yesterday, especially you guys who made the treck up from cincinnati. I'd also like to thank everyone else from the local areas for coming. I'd like to thank everyone overall for playing fairly, resposibly, and tolerating my lack of organization with my first event.
it was extremely nice to have an airsoft arms representative out there, he was not only a help off the field, but on the field also, he personally was advising a large numbre of the players including myself in moving tactically, and operating smoothly as a team.
And yes, there will definitely ne a FT3!!!

Mr. Black
05-21-2006, 06:39 PM
You guys did a great job directing this event. I had a very good time and met lots of great people. I hope to see you all at the next event.

vbtb110
05-21-2006, 07:24 PM
Wish I couldve some, but didnt get home til 3 AM, so plan another one here soon!

Predator
05-21-2006, 08:59 PM
not to *****, phil you are hosting by your self if there is going to be one in the future, i will up load pictures as soon as possable but am busy, hey phil you left a mag with me and your stinky shoes pick them up at my grad. party ok. all in all more refs and it will be better next time.

King
05-22-2006, 09:43 AM
Hey, the couple guys from the 91st had a blast. We even picked up a new member! So that made it even better. I'm no going to touch on what everyone else already stated, but at least someone said it. And Phil, I think you explained Kill House fine. It was just difficult for the players to get in because those couple Russians were entrenched well. I did happen to see a pistol come up and over a wall and it scared me to death 'cause my head was right there! Anyways, good times all around. I also enjoyed meeting and playing with the Spartans and the rest of the Special Forces guys. And Predator, do you have the "normal" pic you took of the SF team???
-King

Recon 2 forever!!!

Hillslam
05-22-2006, 02:37 PM
I had a good time as well. Til the tappet plate on the M4 went tits up, good ol ICS, course it could've been because I took a gainer with it as my landing pad...

Thanks for hosting.

Looking forward to the pics.

smackie.silencerSD5
05-22-2006, 03:35 PM
Hey everyone, I attended the Op. I was the retard 'Rebel' with the ICS Mp5SD with the long silencer. Anyway, even if you have no idea who I am, I would like to say a few words....

For all of my buddies that were there, the game went about the same. We ran. We ran up to the front, got shot, respawned, and ran back up. Not exactly the most effecient, but hey, someone has to be the idiot up front, right? Anyway, the most memorable part of the game would definitly have to be when I saw "Hoot" (The rebels C.O.) behind a tiny tree swearing like crazy about how we were pinned down by only about four dudes in the kill house. This was during the first game, and if you were on the Russians or Rebels, you know what I am talking about. We could not get past the kill house. Only in the last 45 seconds did we even attempt to clear it. Even while being shot at by some insane dude with this crazy G36, I still couldn't stop laughing.

Phil, you said that you would like to thank all the young people that attended. You said that we are the future of airsoft, and that we should show them how it is done. True, but we should be thanking you. Not many games are even for those under 18, so this was a rare opportunity to play with a large group. I think I speak for all of the young'uns that were at Fran Bar when I say thanks to everyone for being patient, helpful, and just good guys towards us.

Thanks again, and I had a blast.

By the way, necronomicon, who are you? I see you live in Mount Vernon. Are you part of a team? Just curious for some info....Before now, I thought my little group of friends were the only ones who played in our little town.

BlackCamo22
05-22-2006, 06:46 PM
I really liked the airsoft game and it was something new to experiance it was better than those old backyard games at my teams house it was all good though and i had fun. I would like to thank the team leader of recon 1 on the special forces team because he let me use his G36 when my M4 got all messed up and there were alot of other cool guys there like that too. But one thing that was gay was those paintballers. I think they should have reserved the park for us that day but hey who cares.

Sixes
05-22-2006, 11:13 PM
Originally posted by smackie.silencerSD5
Even while being shot at by some insane dude with this crazy G36, I still couldn't stop laughing.

did that g36 happen to have a drum mag? if so, that was me :D

BlackCamo22
05-23-2006, 07:41 AM
actually yeah it did. were you the one who had like the america bandana on and the camo hat with camo paint on your face? because if so it was you and i really appreciate it so thank you. Maybe we'll meet again in another war im going to try and go to red dragon but it costs like 45 but ill see if i can go hope to see you there maybe well be on the same team

Predator
05-23-2006, 07:54 AM
hey im going to get the other pic of sf
uploding is very slow due to graduation party preparations so bear with me thanks

by the way was that pistol to your head silver and black if so that was me :D

BlackCamo22
05-23-2006, 10:42 AM
ok thats cool thank you i could use those soon as possible so thank you and no there was definately not a black pistol to my face

King
05-23-2006, 11:34 AM
Yeah, Matt, take your time. I was just wondering. And no, the pistol was all black. It was kind of hard to see what model it was, because I was wearing shades. And I don't think you were in the kill house at the time. Maybe though?

Cody64
05-23-2006, 03:08 PM
Necro is part of PUNISHERS, a team made up mostly of people in the Mount Vernon/Fredericktown area. Maybe your team could get together with us some time for a skirmish :).

Phil
05-23-2006, 03:25 PM
I believe you mean everyone is in that area except me! yeah punishers!
well it's good to see such a positive feedback!

BlackCamo22
05-23-2006, 05:56 PM
well first of all my names not matt and i think your talkin to the wrong guy plus i left before the killhouse game and there was never a gun to my face so yea...

Hitzman
05-23-2006, 07:43 PM
Other than the zombie game it was fun. I got shot in the nipple and it swelling up to 2x its size and me bleeding in 3 diff. places in my arm, 2 places in my back, and one in the back of my other arm. If you don't know who i am, I was the kid wearing the volcom shirt and on the speed rounds at the end I was the one useing just the rubber knife. 3 kills with a knife, thats real skill!!! I got pics. and vids. of the event just need to find were to post them.

Hitzman
05-23-2006, 07:46 PM
Other than the zombie game it was fun. I got shot in the nipple and it swelling up to 2x its size and me bleeding in 3 diff. places in my arm, 2 places in my back, and one in the back of my other arm. If you don't know who i am, I was the kid wearing the volcom shirt and on the speed rounds at the end I was the one useing just the rubber knife. 3 kills with a knife, thats real skill!!! I got pics. and vids. of the event just need to find were to post them.

smackie.silencerSD5
05-23-2006, 08:34 PM
Yes, I do know who you are. I am pretty sure you were the one that had the spring pistol, and just swung your arm around and shot it at the house? I couldn't stop laughing.

Anyway, I do remember your nipple shot, that thing was nasty.

Also, the G36c that I got hit with was the one that had the digital camo on it. So, no, it did not have a box mag.

King
05-23-2006, 10:03 PM
Hey BlackCamo22, I was talking to Predator since he replyed to my reply....his name is Matt. Sorry for the confusion, I was in another conversation.

TrevorB
05-24-2006, 11:04 AM
I think we all had fun over the weekend. One thing I think you would be good to fix for next time would be safety! I couldnt believe that players were allowed to play with safety glasses. I know I wasnt the one running the event but I would recommend being a little more safe next time.

Cody64
05-24-2006, 11:29 AM
I've played airsoft for over 3 years now, and I ALWAYS have worn safety glasses and have NEVER had a problem. As long as you get good ones, you should be fine. And, they don't fog up nearly as bad as full masks and goggles do (speaking from experience). In my opinion, its far more dangerous to have your vision impared by foggy goggles, than wearing safety glasses.

TrevorB
05-24-2006, 12:22 PM
Im guessing you have never played in a real event then. Full seal goggles are much safer. Safety glasses are never allowed in a real event for a reason.

Nate Dogg
05-24-2006, 04:14 PM
Good thinking cody, its much better to not see because of fog, then to not see because a bb is lodged in your aqueous humor, after tearing through your iris, in turn causing your eye to lose the ability to contract to view images near and far, then eventually leading to your blindness. I agree, foggy goggles are way worse.

Sixes
05-24-2006, 04:39 PM
calm down ladies. it's not that big of a deal. i too, wear safety glasses, but they're not the type that leave an opening between your face and the lenses on the side. whether they're a set of full face goggles or safety glasses doesn't matter, as long as they cover your eyes good enough.

TrevorB
05-24-2006, 04:54 PM
I should have stated non full seal safety glasses.

Cody64
05-24-2006, 11:38 PM
Originally posted by TrevorB
I should have stated non full seal safety glasses.

Yes, you should have....The safety glasses I wear do not leave a gap large enough for a bb to enter, they are completely safe. I would NEVER wear something that is not safe, I value my eyesight very much... And yes, I've been to serveral "Real" events. I've been to some that require full goggles....Due to fogging issues, I've always ended up sneaking and wearing my safety glasses instead...And have never had an issue.

Sixes
05-25-2006, 01:40 AM
even at these "real" events that require full seal goggles, i have always talked to whoever was running the show, and made sure they would approve of the glasses that i wear, and i have never been told to put a paintball mask on or anything.

Nate Dogg
05-25-2006, 01:49 AM
The most important issues with goggles, are to make sure they are full-seal and also can withstand bb's repeatedly hitting them, so they don't break and cause damage from shards flying off the goggles. It is not only for your own personal safety, but an issue of liability for all players and organizers.

Fox
05-25-2006, 01:58 AM
Originally posted by Cody64
I've played airsoft for over 3 years now, and I ALWAYS have worn safety glasses and have NEVER had a problem. As long as you get good ones, you should be fine. And, they don't fog up nearly as bad as full masks and goggles do (speaking from experience). In my opinion, its far more dangerous to have your vision impared by foggy goggles, than wearing safety glasses.

Thanks for the note, you now won't be able to come to any major airsoft game in ohio.

s34nsp3ch7
05-25-2006, 09:50 AM
Had alot of fun. I'll be there at FT3 but does anybody have any pics up yet? PM me a link or something please. Kthxl4tr

necronomicon
05-25-2006, 10:40 AM
Alright guys, calm down. The safety glasses that Cody wears ARE full seal. He's used the same pair since we started. The only different is that they are worn like glasses without a strap. We have done extensive testing with them (Including shooting them with guns that chronograph at 500 FPS and above). The only concern is the possibility of them falling off during a game due to not having a strap around the head to secure them, but even then, that has not happened at all since we started. They are just as safe as any other full seal goggles on the market as far as impact testing.

If the event organizer wants to bar such glasses from his event, that's his call. Not like we can't run to Home Depot and pick up a set of lab goggles (Which are ANSI rated, and full seal) for 4 bucks.

Anyways, back to discussion of the event.

Cody64
05-25-2006, 11:59 AM
Alright guys, calm down. The safety glasses that Cody wears ARE full seal. He's used the same pair since we started. The only different is that they are worn like glasses without a strap. We have done extensive testing with them (Including shooting them with guns that chronograph at 500 FPS and above). The only concern is the possibility of them falling off during a game due to not having a strap around the head to secure them, but even then, that has not happened at all since we started. They are just as safe as any other full seal goggles on the market as far as impact testing.

Well said... Uhg, all you people are really missing the point. What I first stated was that I find it much safer to wear the eye protection I've been using, than to wear the goggles that (no matter WHAT you do with them) are going to start fogging. I counted atleast 15 times during this event alone where people, in the middle of battle, lifted up their goggles to whipe fog off of them. I find it amazing that everyone started flaming me over something I said, yet no one seems to be bringing that up....

And YES, I do have multiple sets of goggles, for if I am ever at an event that requires them. However, like I stated earlier, I've never had a problem at an event wearing my normal glasses....

Ok, this has gone way off topic...Sorry for ever bringing it up. Now lets get back to talking about the event.

Mr. Black
05-25-2006, 12:11 PM
Now back to the event. I was the guy with the M15A4 sniper and the APS2 sniper and was on the Russian team. I had a whole lot of fun that game and my team did too. I’m looking for people to practice with our team or to join it. Anyone interested who are near Yellow Springs or Delaware let me know. We already have a great practice spot and just need more people. By the way who took pictures? I would like to see them.

Phil
05-25-2006, 02:43 PM
Predator took pictures, some of them are in the gallery

Sixes
05-25-2006, 04:57 PM
there was somebody saturday that seemed remotely interested in buying my 30 round mags for an m11, but i did not catch your name. I was the one with the MG36, dual m11's, and an olive drab glock 27, wearing digital urban camo with a black cross draw and green bandana. if you're still interested, throw me a PM.

Looking forward to an op. FT3

Bruscomusco
05-26-2006, 05:22 PM
I got poisen ivy, lol! I'm sure its from the game because the rash is right on the part of my arm that brushes against the ground when I crawl. But hey, I would sacrifice my lower arm for an airsoft game anyday.

Hitzman
05-28-2006, 01:49 PM
http://groups.myspace.com/airsoftohio2
go there for myspace ppl. I will put the pics there and anyother airsoft pic I got.

Hitzman
05-28-2006, 01:51 PM
I got vids to just go to the site I posted above then click on members then xX Jake Xx then go to my profile and See Vids.

BlackCamo22
05-28-2006, 06:38 PM
hey i really dont think anyone cares about your little poison ivy problem and how would you get it on your arm when you had a long sleeve jacket on...? well who cares. But that one statement is true i would sacrafice poison ivy for a airsoft game anyday...that is if i wasnt going to the coliseum that day...ha haa!

vbtb110
05-28-2006, 07:18 PM
Dude chill out, its game related anyway.

Bruscomusco
05-29-2006, 12:21 AM
My sleeve must have scrunched up when I was crawling or somthing.

Originally posted by BlackCamo22
...that is if i wasnt going to the coliseum that day...ha haa!

But you would for a family reuinion ^ lol

Son of Liberty
06-13-2006, 10:09 PM
I'm really late on this. But I was the guy with the G36C, American flag bandana and painted face. I'm also responsable for that nipple shot with my M14. Sorry.

BlackCamo22
06-20-2006, 04:32 PM
yea i saw u at the I-70 game too stay cool and be easy